• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
Neither can anyone else when you don't release the name of your Challenger account. How's that Rengar Guide and website? Any offers from professional teams yet? Or are you still too busy boosting for money to stream from GG?

bassem6

Smash Lord
How many attempts did it take you guys to beat your diamond promotion series ( as in going from plat 1 to diamond 5)? I'm so clooose but some of the promotion matches I played were just heartbreaking.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I lost my platinum 3 promotion series 7 times (which made me quit playing ranked for like 2 weeks) every single one of them was out of my control.

and then I won my diamond promotion series on the first try.

Dekar173

Justice Man
All successful league players have their haters I guess.

@Okuser- you main ADC, aside from duoing/playing vayne I think it's more difficult in solo queue for you than anyone else, especially in the current meta (Vi/Hecarim say hello)

Okuser

Smash Ace
my standard bans are blitz/vi/hecarim

and when I play twitch I sometimes ban lee sin and j4 because they body him.

and if I only had one ban, I would always ban blitzcrank no matter what.

Coney

Smash Master
How many attempts did it take you guys to beat your diamond promotion series ( as in going from plat 1 to diamond 5)? I'm so clooose but some of the promotion matches I played were just heartbreaking.
2 tries

first try had 2 games with DCs abound

second try went to game 5 but won

Okuser

Smash Ace
I don't get that. Why not Thresh? Are you a magnet for big fat yellow hands?
because blitzcrank is broken and tresh is just REALLY strong.

no other champion in the game is as game-breaking and ******** as blitzcrank.

I have a near 0% winrate vs blitzcrank

Boofy!

Smash Champion
yeah. blitz hook has been the uncontested king of "best non-ult ability" in the game forever. The rest of his kit just compliments it so well. Blitz can literally be level 2 at 40 minutes and still be a threat.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I had a premade bot lane in Solo Q that went Blitz Thresh and promised they would destroy bot lane.

10 mins later I run into 7-0 Vayne.

Sad times.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Akali shroud getting a small nerf. :>

Also I read up on this support naut, I do trolly supports all the time if I'm forced into the role (AP Caitlyn support, Ashe support, GP support) and I get a ton of reports and never been banned or warned so I doubt that was the first report of the dude who was complaining about it before in this thread. :>

Also new Karma feels solid but I feel she lacks direction. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with her. When I get ganked in top lane, what the hell do I do? Q someone? W them? E myself? All of the above? Pretend I'm Renekton and kill them both?

I don't understand.

Edit: Also she needs an actual passive. I LOVED her old one. Some rioto dude is like, "know it's trolly to be walking around with no health", but I don't think people actually did that.

Apparently her old passive used to be Ryze's, and now they're giving her a passive that's Ryze's but inferior? lolk. >.>

Edit 2: I had to ADC in a game with both Akali and Zed. QSS was like, my second item after IE, lol.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
*Nerf Jarvan for being too good*
*Nerf Jarvan for still being too good*
*Better nerf Jarvan one more time for safe measure...*
*Nerf other champions until Jarvan becomes a great pick again*
*Well we better nerf Jarvan.*

Le sad

Dekar173

Justice Man
In solo queue I'd say Blitz > Thresh, especially the lower the level. But I really think a top level Thresh > a top level Blitz any day. That utility is too ****ing OP ><

@Akuma- they destroyed bot lane's chances of winning, they just weren't being very honest with you ;p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Good lord those Udyr nerfs.

Buff bear stance, nerf the rest of his kit into the ground.

gj rioto :)

Edit: and bear stance wasn't even buffed that much.

Is there even a difference between 35% over 3 seconds and 27% over 4? I doubt it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Tiger damage was magic? I never knew that

good idea giving him more MS on bear and while stance dancing

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What, those all look like buffs to me. Esp with changing tiger to phys and having phoenix additionally proc on first hit.
Passive: Nerfed. 12% armor and magic res > 15 movement speed
Q: Great, build armor, make Udyr easier to itemize against
W: Loss of mana sustain. Not a problem on most champs, but Udyr has this problem with running out of mana as soon as he uses an ability at early levels. IT CAN CRIT NOW THOUGH! IE FIRST ITEM UDYR GO ASDHFGDAKJG
E: I dunno. It looks like a buff, but like I said, what's the difference between 35% over 3 seconds and 27% over 4? Probably not much.
R: Loss of AP and AD, plus it's not usually something you max on Udyr. The AP ratio got buffed though. AP Udyr anyone?

Edit: I just noticed that Udyr's mana costs are like, -1 at max rank on his abilities. OP buff.

Edit 2: I don't know if I'm doing the math right, but here:

Udyr has 400 MS (I picked a random number, it looks good), 35% is +140 over 3 seconds, while 27% is +108 over 4 seconds, so the first is an effective 420 bonus movement speed while the second is a 432 effective bonus movement speed.

I forgot to add the 15 movement speed new udyr has on his passive to the first, so it's basically the same assuming I'm doing this math properly and I understand it right.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Turtle doesn't give mana, passive doesn't give MR and Armor, and Pheonix lost it's AP and AD boost.

The turtle thing I think overtakes everything for a nerf. Without blue he'll always leave the jungle with no mana.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
movement speed for udyr is a huge buff since hes right now he just gets kited 24/7

q should've always been physical damage, i feel like it was just outdated and riot is fixing it up

w change is fine since you should always be going spirit stone on udyr

35% over 3 seconds is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than 27% over 4 seconds, it allows him to catch people easier in ganks and get to his target easier in team fights

r change seems to be helping out his jungle, reducing the amount he needs to stance dance to clear a camp (hence why mana on hit from turtle was removed)

15 ms > 12% armor/MR since you have a 220 shield every 6 seconds and not be kited as hard yolo

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why should Q have always been physical damage?

W change is not fine tbh, with his abysmal mana pool, he relies on that mana regen to clear.

35% may be better than 27%, but the problem is that it's still 15% at level 1, and only a 2% difference at level 2, it seems it's geared entirely for late game teamfights rather than ganking. Whether or not it's "waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better" is questionable.

idk about R. I'll miss the AD and AP bonus, it still seems like a nerf.

Oh, and 15 MS > 12% armor and mag res? No. If you want that, ask your support to pick Janna. :/

Vyke

Smash Champion
Q scales off of physical damage at a great ratio, and it does physical damage (but the DoT magical.) That is inconsistent, outdated, and confusing to itemize against. Now it isn't. Deal with it.

You can talk about how this is a nerf on paper all you want, but these look like steps in the right direction. You don't ask your support to pick something based on your jungler, lol. Straight up buffs come with costs in other areas to balance it out, unless you want him to be all over the place because of small pure buffs pushing him over the top.

Top Bottom