• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sorry for your loss, Mogwai. I know you liked Karma a ton. :(

New kit is garbs (except for her E). And it's not really Karma anymore.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think it looks good, the only thing I dislike is that her new passive seems pretty uninspired. It's Ryze/Skarner passive, except only affects Mantra. It feels like it should simply be part of her R.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The heck? Her new kit is amazing compared to the old with 3 forms of CC. Why would you apologize to Mogwai when he probably had some form of involvement in the changes, if not just giving Scarizard some input? That's just an assumption, though.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
He seemed pretty bummed out about the rework last time I checked. I'm mostly just being biased because I was quite partial to old Karma and I don't feel like they preserved any of her feel at all. The kit is generally better, I won't deny this.

Life

Smash Hero
Flash may or may not be in need of another cooldown nerf, depending on how you look at it; also buff Revive while they're at it because I don't think anyone uses it seriously past like summoner level six.

So New Karma and Zac's kits are revealed, and there's a new lore post hinting at a new Freljord thing (next champ?). An interesting day for League indeed.

I bought Karma basically as soon as I saw her reworked kit. R+E too good (unless it scales badly).

Zac I probably won't have the IP for (can only play on weekends due to multi-second ping at college) but I imagine he won't deal too much damage, as he already has tons of tankiness and utility.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Last I checked, the entire competitive Dominion scene (Yes, this does exist) has Revive as a mandatory summoner on every position. It's seeing some use at least. :D

I felt like the Old Karma was about being clutch all the time and doing some silly harass with Mantra Shield on creeps. The only thing out of her old kit she's losing is her Cone Damage in exchange for a Line AoE Skillshot that no longer heals, but slows. Also, her amazing pimp walk.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Flash may or may not be in need of another cooldown nerf, depending on how you look at it; also buff Revive while they're at it because I don't think anyone uses it seriously past like summoner level six.

So New Karma and Zac's kits are revealed, and there's a new lore post hinting at a new Freljord thing (next champ?). An interesting day for League indeed.

I bought Karma basically as soon as I saw her reworked kit. R+E too good (unless it scales badly).

Zac I probably won't have the IP for (can only play on weekends due to multi-second ping at college) but I imagine he won't deal too much damage, as he already has tons of tankiness and utility.
About the freljord thing: datamining found something about lissandra, or whatever the third princess' name was.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i just played zac on the PBE and hooooly crap he is so much fun to play

though i feel like he's pigeon-holed into building warmogs first for the % hp regeneration to make up for how much you use his abilities

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I felt like the Old Karma was about being clutch all the time and doing some silly harass with Mantra Shield on creeps. The only thing out of her old kit she's losing is her Cone Damage in exchange for a Line AoE Skillshot that no longer heals, but slows. Also, her amazing pimp walk.
Yea, you just don't get what's cool about current Karma :(. It's about the mass decision making on Mantra and Spirit Bond, but whatever, I fully understand I'm a hipster in liking these things and for 99% of the population this is a huge positive change for Karma. But for me, I'm just not turned on by this Karma at all (except her model and particles are pretty badass). I expressed my opinions on the Karma rework but also tempered them by acknowledging that within the boundaries of how the rework was being done, there was no way to make me happy.

WTF MOGWAI HOW DID YOU LET RUMBLE BUFFS THROUGH?????????????????

f
You missed the part where it lost all base damage. Pretty positive that this is a very healthy change for Rumble that is a significant net nerf.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
WTF MOGWAI HOW DID YOU LET RUMBLE BUFFS THROUGH?????????????????

f
That's a nerf man.
The damage remains identical IF opponents remain in the AoE for the entire duration, but take zero damage up front. You can't really snipe with his ult anymore. Especially against any champ that has a blink move. As long as you can get out of the AoE in less than a second you take zero damage from it. Also, consider the fact that without the initial damage it won't proc Rylai's unless they sit in it long enough to take a tic of damage. I think it makes his ult pretty trash outside of teamfights.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Karma is just gonna be another boring champion with a line nuke/slow and shield/speed. I really enjoyed how the current one worked, especially with her W which is probably one of the most unique moves in the game.

But now it's been killed. KILLED I SAY.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
if ur playing support and you view yourself as only getting your ADC fed then you need to re-evaluate how ur playing
Am I supposed to get top / mid / ADC all fed before minute 12?

I can do my best to roam and help other lanes as support, but earlier my ADC usually needs me in lane to prevent him from getting outzoned. I'm not the jungler.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Am I supposed to get top / mid / ADC all fed before minute 12?

I can do my best to roam and help other lanes as support, but earlier my ADC usually needs me in lane to prevent him from getting outzoned. I'm not the jungler.
He doesn't mean that, he means supporting the whole team, such as constant warding or anything you can do to help your team win

Boofy!

Smash Champion
So I had some guy say he only plays random, winds up getting Kayle jungle. I am ok with this. Next pick decides to go support Ahri, alright not my preferred support but I guess it could work. Game is going suprisingly well and we're up 3 towers, a dragon, and cs across the board. Our Kayle starts trolling the Ahri and he unsurprisingly starts getting mad at him. Kayle goes afk and says he wont return until Ahri gives him an apology in Haiku form. He doesn't. We lose.

Most interesting SoloQ experience to date. I was mad as ****.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
He doesn't mean that, he means supporting the whole team, such as constant warding or anything you can do to help your team win
So, if top Riven decides to rush Black Cleaver and gets wrecked by the enemy Garen repeatedly while mid Ahri ignores the ward I gave her and gets ganked four times...?

My main role early is to get the ADC more fed than the other ADC. I don't really have the ability to support the entire map at level 5.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So, if top Riven decides to rush Black Cleaver and gets wrecked by the enemy Garen repeatedly while mid Ahri ignores the ward I gave her and gets ganked four times...?

My main role early is to get the ADC more fed than the other ADC. I don't really have the ability to support the entire map at level 5.
I think you are just using this thread as an outlet instead of looking for advice

D

Deleted member

You can control the entire bottom half of the map the moment you get a sightstone

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think you are just using this thread as an outlet instead of looking for advice
I don't need advice, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for any in the original post that got quoted. What I said was more to illustrate the point I was making.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You and the two other people who loved Karma are obviously going to complain, but it's for the best. She didn't have any appeal.
I loved Old Karma. My ONLY problem with new Karma is the loss of W, but really, it kinda sucked as is anyways. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was upset about the appearance, but I kinda dig it now.
Still like the dress better though. :applejack:

Top Bottom