• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm on a role here playing Varus.

Have some weird runes going.

8 AS reds, 1 AD

8 AS Yellows, 1 armor

6 armor blues, 2 mr per level, 1 ad

3 AD quints.

Gives you +20% AS level 1

With Taric support it seems really strong because you don't miss the armor at all.

Also the blight stacks make up for the lack of early ad reds it seems.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Am I supposed to get top / mid / ADC all fed before minute 12?

I can do my best to roam and help other lanes as support, but earlier my ADC usually needs me in lane to prevent him from getting outzoned. I'm not the jungler.
Yea, support sorta takes forever because your area of influence is much lower.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't need advice, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for any in the original post that got quoted. What I said was more to illustrate the point I was making.
Good supports, not support annie or picks like that, are pretty damn relevant to the game with their utility.

You need to stop thinking, how can I get my ac fed, and think, how can I make my team win? Your utility helped your adc? Do it now for your team.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
yo what are good lategame items for kayle? i win my lane but i feel like i can't carry.

i usually go nashor's > gunblade > rageblade > ???
John, for someone who predicts the meta months ahead you are certainly late on the kayle train. Regardless, Gunblade is trash and you're honestly better off just going botrk if you don't want to go the heavy AP build.
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/kayle/475-kayle-build-guide-mid-lane-by-crs-nyjacky
Here's nyjacky guide on her, while I don't like his "full burst" build I do think Nashor to Liandry's is probably her best build.

john!

Smash Hero
John, for someone who predicts the meta months ahead you are certainly late on the kayle train. Regardless, Gunblade is trash and you're honestly better off just going botrk if you don't want to go the heavy AP build.
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/kayle/475-kayle-build-guide-mid-lane-by-crs-nyjacky
Here's nyjacky guide on her, while I don't like his "full burst" build I do think Nashor to Liandry's is probably her best build.
during season 2 i used kayle jungle to carry my smurf to gold... not as good now that small jungle creeps are super weak.

thanks for the advice though.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I was the mother ****in train conductor back when ad Kayle was popular

infact, AD kayle > still AP kayle. ap kayle is some ***** ****

i'm gonna go play some ad kayle

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Brand nerf on the pbe seems really odd, ult has less bounces and less damage on squishy champions? I'm wondering what the context is

D

Deleted member

Brand nerf on the pbe seems really odd, ult has less bounces and less damage on squishy champions? I'm wondering what the context is
I think the bounces is just a rewording. it used to say bounces to up to 5 targets and now it's bounces up to 4 times or something like that. I'd have to get in game to check if it still hits 5 targets though.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Good supports, not support annie or picks like that, are pretty damn relevant to the game with their utility.

You need to stop thinking, how can I get my ac fed, and think, how can I make my team win? Your utility helped your adc? Do it now for your team.
Completely agreed.

As someone who qued in this season at the unholy land of 900 elo and pulled myself up to 1250 before the new system and up to Silver Tier II before work got busy, you can't doubt what supports offer at lower levels.

NO ONE buys wards outside of supports in the lower levels. Its understandable honestly with their lower gold rates due to low CS, so I don't get angry. That alone is more than enough to get you buy. What ended up pulling me through 900-1100 (which is a pretty comfortable place to be as a support, anything lower than 1100 is head scratchingly infuritating) was a build of sona/lulu that was Ruby Sight Stone, Gank Boots, 5 wards, 5 vision wards, philo stone, and Aegis. It worked with these two supports because they bring enough natural utility that aura and activated items, while certainly nice, are unneeded. In a game where no one buys wards except the suppots AND people tend to have really bad habbits of roaming and going for jungle camps, this was enough for my team to continually catch members of their team out of position. Every baron fight went our way due to total vision of the entry from their jungle and the river making bush play impossible.
And people who don't play supports really need to get over the whole idea that the ADC owns the support. You are the TEAMS support, not the ADCs, otherwise you would be building the Zeke's every single game.

I wish I had the time to keep it going. Tier 2 was a blast to play in, and I was rising quickly before losing practice time and getting out of touch with the game, and this is a very hard game to keep up with. Maybe that Karma rework can pull me back in.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
People can't read.

A support's area of influence early game is low, and many supports don't have the ability to initiate lategame. This means you're left to the mental devices of your team to properly group and fight, and if they're ass-on-head ********, as good a support as you may be, you're not going to carry the game.

bassem6

Smash Lord
People can't read.

A support's area of influence early game is low, and many supports don't have the ability to initiate lategame. This means you're left to the mental devices of your team to properly group and fight, and if they're ***-on-head ********, as good a support as you may be, you're not going to carry the game.
I think a support can have plenty of influence early game. You GOTTA HAVE PRESENCE. Early game influence of support includes but is not limited to pink warding dragon and your lane brush to allow for lane ganks, initiating trades with the opposing ad and support/harassing them with auto attacks, roaming mid for ganks. Then theres peeling for your carry in the case of a jungle gank or if the opposing support jumps on him. Most of the time I ad, I am disappointed with my support because they don't know how to have a strong presence in lane and don't know when to harass or trade. However, when I support, the ad intuitively knows to follow up on my stuns and engages and we usually end up dominating the bot lane. IMO if you dont start with at least 1 pink ward as a support, youre doing it wrong.

Also, you are left to the mental devices of your team to properly group and fight no matter what role you play.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People can't read.

A support's area of influence early game is low, and many supports don't have the ability to initiate lategame. This means you're left to the mental devices of your team to properly group and fight, and if they're ***-on-head ********, as good a support as you may be, you're not going to carry the game.
Then you don't understand support.

Sona brings lots of CC and utility, yeah her damage sucks but she is a bulky max CDR utility machine. Leona can initiate team fights, and be a reliable babysitter, max CDR puts her Q on a almost 5 second cooldown. Lulu has loads of CC and utility being able to peel really hard for the carry. Alistar is one of the best babysitters for a carry.

Your not the one carrying a game, your job is to get your team set-up and make them win fights. Lots of supports can be very relevant late game and can itemize to give auras, CC, cleanses to their team.

Yeah some like Soraka don't do this well late game as good as let's say Janna, Lulu, Sona, etc. But you bring a lot of utility late game, not damage.

Be relevant and help your team as much as your can.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Then you don't understand support.

Sona brings lots of CC and utility, yeah her damage sucks but she is a bulky max CDR utility machine. Leona can initiate team fights, and be a reliable babysitter, max CDR puts her Q on a almost 5 second cooldown. Lulu has loads of CC and utility being able to peel really hard for the carry. Alistar is one of the best babysitters for a carry.

Your not the one carrying a game, your job is to get your team set-up and make them win fights. Lots of supports can be very relevant late game and can itemize to give auras, CC, cleanses to their team.

Yeah some like Soraka don't do this well late game as good as let's say Janna, Lulu, Sona, etc. But you bring a lot of utility late game, not damage.

Be relevant and help your team as much as your can.
Support relevance isn't what I was referring to at all.

I would kill for Smashers to one day understand basic logic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know, regardless of whether or not he's right or wrong, you don't have to be a punk about it. :applejack:

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Lmfao did someone say that soraka isn't a late game support??? Lmfao I'm done this thread is killing me. Her and her infinite seiging capability is awful late game huh? She's just no longer picked because of the current meta and high aggressiveness other supports bring into lane. These displacement supports (blitz/thresh) and high burst supports (taric/Leona) just beat her in lane. Anyways I don't understand why supports don't roam mid, I roam mid all the time as support, I'll do a fake backing when I pink drake an immediately head towards mid. Regardless blue side as support is a lot nicer then purple.

Player-3

Smash Hero
People can't read.

pick alistar you *****

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** you dphat alistar is the best support next time we duo i'm not listening to you and picking some GAY **** THAT I SUCK WITH

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Support relevance isn't what I was referring to at all.

I would kill for Smashers to one day understand basic logic.
Same old theo.

Which is why you said supports have little to no influence. If you wanna keep whining about a supports and how bad it is you can't carry, even though that is bull since doing your job as a support should be enough to help your team.

But as usual I should have known better.

-

I don't think soeaka also brings as much as other supports into late game unless you have a comp set for her. Otherwise I don't think she is great against or with AD heavy comps allied, that or poke comps.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
soraka brings a 3 second silence on a 6 second cd
It's still useful but Soraka just does better against and with AP than AD.

Her healing? And silence? Those are good against general. Her passive and her Q? Those are geared for AP comps.

Since 5 Ads is more common, that can make her less useful comparable to other supports.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It's still useful but Soraka just does better against and with AP than AD.

Her healing? And silence? Those are good against general. Her passive and her Q? Those are geared for AP comps.

Since 5 Ads is more common, that can make her less useful comparable to other supports.
Astral Blessing gives 105 armor... I fail to see how this is not relevant to your analysis that she is bad vs. AD heavy teams.

Not to mention that I see the game as defined by Lux and Nid right now, not 5 AD strats.

Top Bottom