• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
this new ranking system is so infuriating.

The whole idea of these "promotion series" is inherently flawed. In order to advance to the next division you have to have a 66% winrate, IN A SAMPLE SIZE OF ONLY 3 GAMES. this means that winning a promotion series is COMPLETE luck. random CHANCE. because, the way that elo works, is that over time, over a period of X games, your true win % will emerge.

and X is sure as **** not 3 games and sure as **** not 5 games.

I've never been more unbelievably mad at solo queue than before these "promotion series"

been through 3 ****ing promotion series in div 3 platinum, it's the same thing every time. win a bunch of games and then when I finally get to promo series: d/c'd teammate....trolll...other team had 4 diamonds and I had a bunch of golds etc

the other stupid thing is that my "hidden rating" is the same or higher than most people in division 1.

so that means I'm getting queued with people playing games about to get diamond while I'm in division 3 lol.
same predicament here except wayyyyyyyy lower in the ratings.

I'm on my third try to promote, last night did one game and our jungle Yi disconnected and came back at like, 30 mins. Haven't tried the next two yet.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like the part where Okuser's response was exactly the same thing and ignored the fact that 66% is a meaningless number for exactly that reason.

Like, distill it further. Say it was ONE game.

"YO MAN THE ****, YOU GOTTA HAVE A 100% WINRATE TO PROMOTE THAT'S BS".

Take it in context yo.

Dekar173

Justice Man
He's more just annoyed that his unlucky, coincidental timing for losses is what's keeping him from promoting easily. I had the exact same problem except my scores in my last 2 promo series on weshavi were something like 12-3-8 and 10-2-7 with over 100 cs on my next highest rival. That's a terrible feel.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pretty much what dekar said, the thing is, it takes a lot of time to get up to the promotion series and coincidental bad luck keeping you from advancing is a lot more statistically likely over the course of multiple best of 3s then when each game has the same approximate weight.

Yes, in time it will still even out, but depending on how many games would be required for getting an advancement series, there's a legitimate concern that the time it takes to achieve an accurate league is longer then it takes to achieve an accurate rating in the old system.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
anybody else feel like blade of the ruined king is underrated/op as ****?
It's good, especially with everyone using Warmog's.
But what about Rageblade?! That new passive seems really nice. Still pretty niche though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
BOTK is an alternative to Last Whisper on ADCs I play if I think they are trying to stack health over Armor overall, Warmogs meta lol.

Otherwise I go Last Whisper if they got a good chunk of Armor built.

Niko45

Smash Master
BotRK nocturne feeling pretty GG

as like a single damage item on otherwise full tank champions it seems unbelievably good

Niko45

Smash Master
BOTK is an alternative to Last Whisper on ADCs I play if I think they are trying to stack health over Armor overall, Warmogs meta lol.

Otherwise I go Last Whisper if they got a good chunk of Armor built.
I really wonder how much armor a target would have to have in order for LW to actually be better than BOTRK. The item honestly feels overwhelmingly powerful regardless of what items you're against.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What's with all the Nasus love?

Yo, the S3 items have buffed him already (well, lifesteal nerfs, health buffs etc), then they gave him the double Q on cannons and big guys, gave Q bonus a crit chance, and now they're thinking of making Q flat mana cost, R cheaper with more attack range AND less cooldown, and give Wither, one of the stupidest crowd control moves in the game, another 100 range?

I am okay with this.

Edit: playah-three, don't dodge the censor bro :<

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I will be very surprised if Riot doesn't overbuff Nasus sometime in the near future.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like watching people crawl away from a gank when I wither them. If they flash, I just walk up to them and exhaust them. Wither is back up once exhaust is done. Makes for the easiest ganks.

Nasus doesn't snowball with money though. Which is a shame.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The Q mana buff is definantly needed.

Fixes one of the larger problems, Nasus runs out of mana fast if you don't get Philo/Chalice at higher levels of Q.

Still nice I approve of all of these changes. Helps him out more, but he still needs dat Q farm with Teemo going Trolololo in your lane when you try to farm.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The Q mana buff is definantly needed.

Fixes one of the larger problems, Nasus runs out of mana fast if you don't get Philo/Chalice at higher levels of Q.

Still nice I approve of all of these changes.
Philo is core on Nasus anyway. :x

I used to build chalice, but that item is really yucky on him so I don't do that now.

With philo and glacial, you really shouldn't ever run out of mana unless you're using Spirit Fire.

Spirit Fire is just one of those moves that wastes a quarter of your mana and doesn't really do anything.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If I got the Wither range right, no ADC but Twitch with his ult turned on can be out of range of that move.

That thing literally takes ADCs out of teamfights lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Spirit Fire single target DoT? Eh Mogwai? Can it be done?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****ing love nasus. I am completely fine with these buffs.
^^^

I tried BotRK on Poppy for awhile. It was fine, but I found myself being harder to KO and dealing out more damage with Gunblade overall.

Still a decent item on her. I just think Gunblade is still better.
Unless math proves me wrong. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love nasus right now.

I was like "What would make nasus amazing in 1 change that they would need to start nerfing things"

Wither now provides Nasus with X% of the attack and movement speeds withered away from their opponent (make it 100%, oh my god the glory)

HE'S MEANT TO BE SIPHONING SOULS HERE WHY THE **** NOT?

My personal issue with him right now is how do I fit an infinity edge on the guy early enough.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29703094#history

Need advice on my Rammus build order. Once mid/lategame hit he becomes unstoppable, but before my first Giant's Belt buy I feel too squishy.

Normal build order looks something like: machete+5, boots, mobility boots, homeguard, giant's belt, ancient golem. Then I would get randuins, or warmogs, locket, or sunfire cape, etc. The problem is that the gap between upgrading my boots and buying giant's belt is 1000 gold, which is a lot when you're jungling. I feel weak at first, but after that giant's belt the game starts snowballing in my favor. Should I be padding that time with like, a ruby crystal->kindlegem in the meantime? Would a Doran's Shield be a waste on jungle rammus?

Aegis is also an option, but the support is usually building that by the time I would start.
What I do is usually I start machete 5 pots, then on my first back I buy Madred's for only 400 gold and pick up boots (madrerd's razors make clearing jungle soooo much better, which is one of rammus's weaknesses). After that I rush into mobility boots and then Sunfire Cape which also make clearing jungle easier, so that I can max taunt first instead of taking more points into W.
Once you get mobility boots you should be looking at ganking as often as possible, and it's not uncommon to just roll through lane straight at the opponent for a gank.
After I get Madred's + Mob Boots + Sunfire it gets tricky. If I feel like we don't have enough ward coverage, I get a sightstone. If enemy team has an AD carry and also a bruiser that can poop damage I usually go for Randuin's, everything on it is great. Usually Randuin's though, lots of health as well as armor + good passive. After that it's Warmogs and if the game is still going I get some Magic Resist, sometimes in the form of GA, spirit visage or banshee's veil (or aegis but that's usually built).

Rammus is all about building fullest tank. Don't get anything that would give you more damage except the madred's razors for jungle clear (you might buy Spirit Stone, but I usually find myself clearing easier with Madred's procs). Your job is to initiate, soak up damage and then decide whether you want to taunt their AD carry or peel for your AD carry. I usually go for the latter, since Rammus easily has the best peeling ability in the game (a 3 second taunt and a mini-stun). After he's dead, I go straight up to their AD carry, use randuin's if I didn't use it yet and then hope we kill him.
Regarding the tenacity on getting the Ancient Golem Stone: On Rammus I rarely get CC'd. People don't want to CC Rammus since he's very hard to kill and he doesn't have the damage that AD/AP carry or bruiser has. I guess it's possible but it's a lot of gold for tenacity, some health, some armor, that you could be using for other stuff. The regen isn't even worth it when you have homeguard boots, you can just base and roll back in 10 seconds.

Here's my record, I like to think I did stuff by snowballing the Kha'Zix that was in every game
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/34567289#history

And then I realize I'm a day late to the Rammus discussion.

Vyke

Smash Champion
gaiz the new system is turrible i don unerstand it

i complin aboot it from hearsay k

my lief sux solo q terror me

Top Bottom