• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I tried my theory build for Zyra with the new items on PBE.

Sorc boots, Rabadons, Liandry's, Lich Bane, Void Staff and DFG.

I nuked a pretty tanky Nidalee down with DFG>E(Wx2)>R>Q>Lich bane proc>Ignite

Her plants burn away 5% hp per hit too, which is doubled if it's the E plants.

Then to top it off the DFG increases all this burst by 20% for 4 seconds.

Utter madness.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Team runs 4 physical damage characters (Tryn top, Warwick jungle, Graves and Gangplank support) and then run Elise Mid. Enemy team didn't build MR so Elise tore through everyone, plan succeeded

D

Deleted member

Team runs 4 physical damage characters (Tryn top, Warwick jungle, Graves and Gangplank support) and then run Elise Mid. Enemy team didn't build MR so Elise tore through everyone, plan succeeded
since when is WW physical?

Vyke

Smash Champion
His damage is still pretty relevant when you can't kill him and he's the last one alive and oh god he just won't DIE HE WON'T DIE AND YOU CAN'T RUN

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You summarized 50% of players whose summoner levels are below 10.
The other 50% are those who can't stop a backdoor Yi/Tryn.

I had a slew of defeats last night. I think I went something like 3 wins, 11 losses. Also lost two ranked games because our Vayne kept initiating on 2v1s in one game, and our Yorick kept trying to tower dive at level 4 in top lane in the other.

Sucks, but some of the games were just hilarious.

:( :applejack:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You summarized 50% of players whose summoner levels are below 10.
The other 50% are those who can't stop a backdoor Yi/Tryn.

I had a slew of defeats last night. I think I went something like 3 wins, 11 losses. Also lost two ranked games because our Vayne kept initiating on 2v1s in one game, and our Yorick kept trying to tower dive at level 4 in top lane in the other.

Sucks, but some of the games were just hilarious.

:( :applejack:
I'm sorry alcohol started hitting me really hard at the end. :(.

Still lol how did we win some of those?

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We won a total of one, Ryu lol...
And we were kinda losing that until the team started spreading out in mid lane after I walled shyvana.

You weren't there for the second win I believe but we lost two more times before we won yet again.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
And one of the only reasons why we won in the end was getting one lucky pull as blitz on their adc, which afterwards pretty much caused us to snowball for the rest of the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played about four more after I left Maan's place.
Lost three and won one, and the only reason we won was because four of the opponents intentionally fed for some stupid reason. It wasn't even fulfilling. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
black cleaver currently reduces armor by 7.5% per stack, stacks up to 4 times. so it got buffed o_o

also, Malzahar voidlings apply black cleaver. dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm wondering if all physical/all magic teams will work with black cleaver/malady doing work to people's armor/MR. People will just have to buy flat pen if any pen at all while one guy uses the %pen debuff on peepz. In fact using an on hit build with hurricane would help with that too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
wouldn't be surprised. I imagine it will be used a lot in organized teams, and in solo queue if people are willing to cooperate. Or of course, if the solo queue people see the pros do it, then you'll be forced to do it every game :p

Coney

Smash Master
grind status:

net result of tonight's play - +60
current standing - 1560
objective - 2200
remaining elo - 640
approx. games required - +54
personal record - 1927

let's gooooooooo

btw i might have been wrong about TF being bad in solo q, i might have been playing him wrong...adjusted my style and now have 85% win rate in the 1500s

also, if you guys are interested, i'll be streaming a lot more in the future on my road to diamond. i **** up a lot so come and giggle at me like the judgemental pricks u guys are u haters

http://www.twitch.tv/coneyzz

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Last Whisper is instant and would not conflict with any other Cleavers. If your bruiser and AD carry get Black Cleaver and hit the same target, they just get to 4 stacks quicker it won't take them past that. Where as if the bruiser has it and the ADC has Last Whisper, the opponent will have the armor reduced plus the Last Whisper pen working against them. Bruisers/AD casters also have better movesets to spread the armor reduction or build it up quick with spell combos. You might find exceptions if say every bullet from Graves Q reduced armor so someone who got hit with all of it instantly got 3 stacks, if Corki's gatling gun procs it on every tick, etc. I have no idea if those are the case, maybe so given the description that every hit of Garen Spin or Pantheon E would proc it.

The item is more geared towards Garen Panth than AD carries (CDR especially). If the stats are right and Last Whisper doesn't get nerfed, you probably wouldn't see it much on AD carries (I would be a bit upset if the math was so good everyone picked it up).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
btw i might have been wrong about TF being bad in solo q, i might have been playing him wrong...adjusted my style and now have 85% win rate in the 1500s
what is your mindset like when playing as TF? I practice him from time to time, but I just can't seem to do well with him.

D

Deleted member

I think the new cleaver will be pretty amazing on riven, since you're easily able to get full stacks off on multiple people, at which point your ADC can (and should) just melt them.

Coney

Smash Master
what is your mindset like when playing as TF? I practice him from time to time, but I just can't seem to do well with him.
i'll be making a guide soon but generally...

- be a huge lane bully (people think TF can't do this because of low range but he def can, if only by outplaying enemy mid)
- poke your lane opponent but never commit to a kill--you're TF, you're not going to demolish your lane, you're going to get them low so when you dip they can't follow. the only way you'll ever get a kill against a semi-competent player is a flash>gold card setup, nobody ever expects it
- you're a HUGE presence early. roam ALWAYS. most mids don't roam at level 2/3, but most mids don't have a stun on a 5s CD. if your jungle makes a play in their jungle, be ready to follow.
- ult every time it's up. ult in a position where it's not an all-in--this is where your teammates will not follow up and you will die. you need to ult into a sweet spot and, during the TP animation, decide whether your team sucks and isn't following up your TP or actually engage

one trick with TF's TP is to always ult literally RIGHT ON TOP OF YOUR TARGET. TF has no juke/escape/chase maneuver so trying to lead them could send them in the opposite direction. if you ult right on top of them you can catch literally anyone without flash.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
every bullet from Graves Q reduced armor so someone who got hit with all of it instantly got 3 stacks, if Corki's gatling gun procs it on every tick, etc. I have no idea if those are the case, maybe so given the description that every hit of Garen Spin or Pantheon E would proc it.
it was confirmed that's the case. it's simply "any time you deal physical damage" so yeah.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I feel like Black Cleaver would be pretty sick on Urgot, ever since they made his E into a physical damage dot. Each of those will apply a stack on top of having reduction built in. It might even be a better pickup than Brutalizer on him, but then it lacks the CDR that his Q spam needs (and obviously it's gonna be more expensive). Brut + FH is essentially max CDR and that's too important for his dueling power to neglect.

IDK. I wish I wasn't forced to smurf on EU/NE with 500 ping so I could actually PLAY Elise. She's fun, when my internet decides to stop being bad long enough to kill bots.

Top Bottom