• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh my god.
Stonewall's jungle video with Lee.

I play garbage tier junglers. If it took Lee Sin til 4 minutes for one clear... :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He didn't use machete

Razor is 400 gold now (unless reignofgaming is wrong), so he could started that instead of just cloth armor (its just more armor + passive now)

Everyone is probably slower.

Though Darius is fast, fastest stonewall had though he didn't do Mundo or Shyvana yet

I love Darius jungle :>

Lovage

Smash Hero
solo que games are scary as heck. queing for 1500s and getting all plats makes me want to chill for a week or so and let all the noobs catch up so i can farm them.

the most interesting change of the whole patch to me is:

terrain redesign for two of the "dragon" river entrances

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He didn't use machete

Razor is 400 gold now (unless reignofgaming is wrong), so he could started that instead of just cloth armor (its just more armor + passive now)

Everyone is probably slower.

Though Darius is fast, fastest stonewall had though he didn't do Mundo or Shyvana yet

I love Darius jungle :>
Yeah, starting Machete took off about 15-20 seconds off Lee's jungle time.
He just pumped out a video with WW and Fiddle. They both came out just as fast as Lee, but with so much more health because of their sustain. It's just funny to see after all of the crap in Season 2. :applejack:

Okuser

Smash Ace
solo que games are scary as heck. queing for 1500s and getting all plats makes me want to chill for a week or so and let all the noobs catch up so i can farm them.

the most interesting change of the whole patch to me is:

terrain redesign for two of the "dragon" river entrances
solo queueing and getting all plats makes me want to afk lol!!!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any word on Spirit Visage change?
Spirit Visage
Item Cost: 2200
Recipe Cost: 540
+50 Magic Resist +200 Health +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: Increases your healing,regeneration and drain effects on yourself by 20%

Spirit Visage
Kindlegem
Ruby Crystal
Negatron Cloak

i'm thinking of going utility for junglers to get 12% CDR on smite :o

I'm considering boots of swiftness since it gives you resistance to slow now. Mercs treads doesn't seem necessary when spirit of the anicent golem exists now.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"Syndra top tier jungler on PBE right now
Go try it. The jungle creeps attack your balls so as long as you have mana you will never get hit by anything ever and with blue you can solo dragon at like level 3. It's hilarious. I hope riot never fixes this"

what even.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I was kinda wondering what they planned to do to "make top less snowbally" like they said. Do you see anything so far that seems to point that way?

I was kinda thinking that the jungle changes might actually make it worse, because let's say you're losing top and your opponent starts snowballing... now you require jungler help, which means your jungler spends less time in the jungle getting that increased gold/experience, which puts your team even further behind?!
Or maybe not, idk.

Taking so long to read through all these items. I forgot if this was already linked here, but http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22382-pbe-changes-for-11-15-season-3-items-patch-nami

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, Trundle will be good again. Hard to invade, pretty sustainable, good at taking down big mobs. He will never be as strong as when he could debuff Baron/Dragon, though.

EDIT: Oh, more new items to look at.

Why are BF swords getting cheaper!?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So I think everyone will probably start the game with a Flask and either boots or cloth or something. It's a free three health/mana potions each time you base.

New DeathFire is great again, Eleisa's might be worth getting on Heal supports, Enchantment Distortion is wtf (1/4 off your utility summoners? Haha), Executioner's is actually okay, Rageblade new passive is interesting, Kage's Last Breath pretty epic offensive support item (slow auras, free mana regen, keeps the GP/10!!!), Liandry's Torment is going to be ******** on Singed or Rylai's champs, Solari got a solid buff, New Malady gonna be OP on AP Teemo (Teemo in general will be dumb as hell with some of these new items), Crucible seems pretty good, Muramana gonna be dumb on Yorick, Phantom Dancer nerf pretty significant (even if you can ignore unit collision now), Hydra is going to be ridiculous on Fiora (since she can lifesteal off it, might as well get that instead of BT), Black Cleaver got a pretty hefty buff for AD Casters, Rose's Pride can be very strong for AP Assassin's/melee, Zephyr so sexy for Xin Zhao (he can build Lucidity boots with that!),

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AD is becoming cheaper, while armor is becoming more expensive or something?

Not sure I'm happy with the Lich Bane nerf...
like 2% movement speed, the MR and .25 AP ratio cut for only 50 base damage (old is better at >200).

LIKE, people were rushing Lich Bane not because they wanted it to suddenly not scale as well later game. UGHH CHANGE IT BACK RIOT UGHHH.

D

Deleted member

So I think everyone will probably start the game with a Flask and either boots or cloth or something. It's a free three health/mana potions each time you base.
iirc bottle is 225 so that would leave 250 (=nothign really) for other things

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh I calculated regular potions as 70 apiece instead of 35, haha... either way it seems like a great starting choice given the boots changes... and how many potions get consumed throughout the laning phase.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i love the changes to the doran's items.
and, well, practically everything else.

has anyone used Statikk Shiv? It looks crappy, but I guess it depends on how fast the charges fill up.

Vyke

Smash Champion
It charges up ridiculously fast from moving, only 10 at a time from auto attacks. But you'll get to 100 stacks by moving in about 3-5 seconds.

Items that will probably see nerfs before they come out onto Live: Sword of the Divine, lol.

Liandry's Tormet's burn passive is the same as the old Blackfire Torch, CURRENT health, not Maximum. I have seen an astounding 0 people use the new bottle, but that's probably because everyone is just following the new Recommended Items build (which are pretty attractive tbh.)

Jungle Wukong is baller. The Syndra jungle thing is an obvious bug that will be fixed. Though all the other minion junglers are just the same: They take very little damage.

People were rushing Lichbane because they were ********.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Jungle Wukong? Is it better than before, somehow? I tried it in S2 a couple times, and Wu is fun, but I always finished with uncomfortably low health.

And I imagine the change to Lichbane is to make it slightly more viable as a first buy?

watching stonewall's jungle videos right now, it's the best I can do >_> PBE seems to be down anyway

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
CDs are like Lux except for ult

can always build a mana item. Base damage is pretty good on her.
She is similar to Lux, very similar.

Only she has lux weaknesses but worse in return for more damage.

One other thing i've heard is a problem for her mid is her pushing power is very weak.

Still her overall utility will make her see play. But I hope she doesn't turn into another Zyra with redic power followed by a nerf.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Jungle Wukong? Is it better than before, somehow? I tried it in S2 a couple times, and Wu is fun, but I always finished with uncomfortably low health.

And I imagine the change to Lichbane is to make it slightly more viable as a first buy?

watching stonewall's jungle videos right now, it's the best I can do >_> PBE seems to be down anyway
Just imagine every jungler that seemed like it could be viable with a tiny bump in the right direction. That's what these jungle changes do. Jungle Wu had a bit of a rough start and pretty awful clear time due to his nuke being single-target, and his AoE doing relatively low damage. Now you can just max Q and tear through the jungle because all you really need to do is clear the large creatures in each camp. Machete only helps, especially with the 5 hp pots you get with it.

You don't get low, even from double golems. If you really want to farm the **** out of things, Tiamat is a pretty great buy on him (Q Procs it.) I even went Sight Stone instead of Wriggles. I like its upgrade paths way more.

There's so much item diversity, I love it. Tier 3 items are no longer super-broken in terms of gold efficiency, so you can actually leave something at tier 2 upgrade and not feel horrendous for doing so. You can build in the order you want without feeling like you're being subpar.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That feel when you are losing all game, then all of a sudden at the 37 minute mark you catch all 5 of them and ace them then push down mid tanking the turrets for the win.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People were rushing Lichbane because they were ********.
People were getting early lich banes because there were no other options for movement speed. Accompanied with a 2 second 1:1 AP ratio that although it isn't doing much more damage than sheen early, it's still provided 80 odd ap for the rest of a character's abilities.

I can't see why Riot would be changing lich bane as it is for any other reason to be more earlyish other than "oh well lets just nerf it" (removing MR is... fine I guess, but the movement speed cut seems out of place)

Vyke

Smash Champion
There are Tier 3 boots now. Lichbane still gives 5% movement speed. Mercurial Scimitar gives 100% MS for 1 second (Huge.) There are tons of ways to get rid of Slows besides Cleanse and QSS now. Zephyr gives 10% MS.

Things aren't going away, they're being moved elsewhere. Tenacity items are much better and have smoother build paths, which means Mercs are actually optional now.

Top Bottom