• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.... Brutalizer builds into black cleaver

Also black cleaver stacks with last whisper so building one on an ad caster and last whisper on Adc, gonna be quite silly how much armor shred is going on. Add taric and corki and lol where is your armor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah they were upgrading build paths and Cleaver was going to build from it. On Urgot it would probably be amazing.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh. How about that. I completely forgot they were making it do that.

Welp. Guess that answers the dilemma.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Calm down Wobbles, I liked the Singed and the blah blah blah. You will break my heart if you main OPgot after this patch :( :(

:drflip:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I haven't played Singed in like, a billion games. I don't understand how to top lane with him without getting bodied by everybody. I considered trying to learn his janky jungle but always forgot.

I've been more of an AD and support player, and I just dip into Cass whenever I have to go mid. If people try to make me top or jungle, I tell them "bad news but if you do that we're going to lose."

I'm also the LoL hipster who plays champs before people think/know they're good, but is too bad to actually do anything so it doesn't matter. My first penta was with release Urgot, and the only champion considered more useless than him on release was Yorick. So I bumped up to 1600 right after his buffs and that was cool. Then I jumped on the Cass train right before she took off in tourney, and I continued hovering at my crummy 1400 elo because garbage mechanics.

Anyhow I'll probably just keep playing Vayne.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Riven was not. She was considered awful, turned out to be just fine with no buffs needed.

Udyr, Yorick, and Urgot were legit awful champs and received buffs to be where they're at today.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Riven was not. She was considered awful, turned out to be just fine with no buffs needed.

Udyr, Yorick, and Urgot were legit awful champs and received buffs to be where they're at today.
i recall urgot being rather strong at release when his missles had infinite range

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Vyke: People didn't build him correctly back then though.

Of course he WAS useless late game, but his usefulness lasted much LONGER if you built right because 1) you focused on arpen, CDR, and tanky carry dueling and 2) you crapped all over the other person so their late game took twice as long to reach.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, he also got some nice buffs that pushed him into the spotlight as well. That was the BruiseLeet era.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

Release Riven was soooooo bad, omg. She got hotfixed day 1. You may not remember how bad her ult animation was (among many other problems), but I do. Something that sluggish made me want to kill myself.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Oh, yeah, I remember that. The ult thing, and also they fixed her W so that it didn't lock you down longer than the opponent.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Cho is a solo Q beast.

I've been carrying games with him.

He roflstomps popular top lane champs at my elo it seems.

Jax, Irelia, Xin, Malph, Shen.

Pikaville

Zyra support is really good for that yeah.

Here seeds have more range than wards too so makes scouting really easy.

Imagine if you had oracles on Zyra and her seeds saw wards.

Would be so great.

Pikaville

I dunno, Cho sustain is much better than his as far as I can tell.

When he attempts trades you just put Q at your feet and auto a few times and w him.

My fav thing to do is Flash R>Ignite on Cho as soon as you hit 6.

That is as long as you have put enough damage on them that is. :D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
cho's also melee and literally relies on all his abilities being off CD to try to counter Xin Eing on him, so a good Xin just walks up to you and autos you until you back off (win) or you use CDs which then lets him E Q E you and ruin your life (also win). idk, it's been insanely easy for me unless cho gets several early gonks to help him up to 6 at which point Xin still wins unless Cho is way ahead because Xin R is super duper bull****.

Vyke

Smash Champion
How do you feel about Zephyr on Xin, Mog? I know you like to build into Nashor's sometimes, so this item seems pretty damn perfect for him.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
How do you feel about Zephyr on Xin, Mog? I know you like to build into Nashor's sometimes, so this item seems pretty damn perfect for him.
I've pretty much stopped building Nashor's on Xin ever. It's funny but impractical.

Zephyr is passable on Xin and pretty good on Irelia, but idk, it's still a weird cluster**** of stats that always seems like the wrong item to buy throughout the game. idk, on paper it should be good, but it's been a nightmare for me to actually incorporate into builds.

Vyke

Smash Champion
So, who or what role was the item made for? The Tenacity is nice. But it doesn't seem like Riot needs to make another item that will only be bought on two characters.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it was made for xin/irelia types, essentially people who on paper like stinger, but don't like the nashor's build path, but it seems that defensive CDR itemization is just better in practice based on the timing that you want CDR and survivability. idk, we'll see if the item can find a way to break through on sheer stat efficiency, but I've found it very difficult to work into builds

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I find it odd they deleted Ionic Spark, but kept Nashor's (in fact, it was slightly nerfed, though the gold cost is a tiny bit lower) when Ionic was far more popular than Nashor's. And they were talking about niche items. :/

Vyke

Smash Champion
Statikk Shiv is just a different Ionic Spark. It really isn't gone at all.

I guess if you miss the health, then yeah. But now it builds out of Avarice. Legit.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I never wanted crit on my Volibear D: (or Shen, Skarner, Shyvanna, Irelia, Udyr, Shaco)

Ionic Spark made everyone feel the storm. I'm disappointed that Riot does not feel the storm. EMBRACE THE STORM.

Also, are penetration runes getting nerfed alongside the pen items?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I never wanted crit on my Volibear D: (or Shen, Skarner, Shyvanna, Irelia, Udyr, Shaco)

Ionic Spark made everyone feel the storm. I'm disappointed that Riot does not feel the storm. EMBRACE THE STORM.

why does shaco not want some form of crit, especially one that adds to his Q?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Blitzcrank, Kennen, Volibear, Xerath, and another character of your choice. All with Ionic Spark.

The most beautiful teamfights. :applejack:

D

Deleted member

how to beat xin as cho:

run flat atk spd/ flat ap runes, take a small camp and go all in trying to kill him early

if u take a small camp and push two waves as fast as u can without him clearing 1 wave u can be level 3 before he is level 2

if jungler ganks at any point u are screwed

==

if you play a normal game expect to be at tower, then dove, then dove again repeatedly

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Blitzcrank, Kennen, Volibear, Xerath, and another character of your choice. All with Ionic Spark.

The most beautiful teamfights. :applejack:
Oh, baby. I'm feeling the storm right now.

why does shaco not want some form of crit, especially one that adds to his Q?
Idk, I like Ionic Spark more. It synergizes pretty well with Shaco's naturally huge attack speed and his clone. Shiv looks more like a mini-phantom dancer than a replacement for Ionic Spark, and I think it'll see most play on AD carries with blinks since the passive is pretty meh on bruisers by the time team fights come around and it scales with crit.

I never thought about the Q synergy, which is pretty sexy, but I don't like it, mostly because Ionic Spark is my favorite item.

Coney

Smash Master
so like, last season i climbed to 1800 using brand as my main mid...this season i'm using TF but finding difficulty because no matter how fed i get my teammates, they run the risk of ****ing up, dying, and costing us the game

i tried someone else, and i'm pretty sure the best solo q mid in the game right now is
diana. no clear counters in lane, and HUGE teamfight presence later.

what do you guys think?

Top Bottom