• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
anyone else getting the gigantic lag while playing?

I just had a game we were winning decisively and all of a sudden the server lagged like ****, most of our team disconnected, and somehow their team was able to get baron and push to win...

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Holy neckbeard Batman, Guinsoo looks ridiculous.

My opinion is kinda split on this patch. I see where they are trying to go with it, but I'm not sure its going to have the desired effect. I wonder if people are going to actually fight more, or if they are just going to B more often to stay safe.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well... Galio was playable before... but I don't think he will be very viable anymore until his base stats/mana costs are changed. He already has stupidly low starting health for a tank and very high mana costs for laning phase.

Also, indirect buffs to anyone with self heal abilities and especially to those w/ self heal and no mana.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I think Akali just got more viable. I just got an AD quint so I can activate her spellvamp passive at level 1 with Doran's blade.

I didn't really use health quints on her in anywhere but TT anyway.

jpak

Smash Lord
i think ill be more aggressive early on, not having an extra 200+ hp regen hurts most people. once you get past like level 4 the changes have no affect

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol@ that video, Evan. I looked so ********. ;p

I love this patch in a sort of selfish way. :X More indirect buffs to the champions I like and nerfs to the rest.

Edit:
Had something else posted here in this edit instead of this, but I didn't realize they said they buffed the base mana regen on the champs to make up for the rune nerfs.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
They say at level 30 you won't even notice the difference so who knows.

Wish Riot would comply with a series of nerfs and buffs instead of nerfing everything into the ground.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Apparently they are buffing base stats (health and mana regen) in addition to lowering health and mana regen runes to make it noticeable early game, but not late.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Apparently they are buffing base stats (health and mana regen) in addition to lowering health and mana regen runes to make it noticeable early game, but not late.
so there is more incentive to buy flat mana regen runes?
x.x why cant they leave mana regen alone, nerfing to forces people to B more

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
item build for kennen?

i tried him out a couple games, but have been having truoble since im so squishy. my Q didn't do that much damage, and i was too squishy and there was too much CC on the other team to do lightning rush. i kidna just chillen in the lane with no kills when i could easily get them with other characters
also what about runes?

:009:
Assuming you are going AP, generally good item would be Rylai's. If the game looks like it will snowball really fast, I do Mejai's/Haunting Guise/Boots, Deathcap/Hourglass, then Rylai's. If the game isn't far in our favor early on, I'd skip either/both HG and Mejais and just go straight Rylais. Rylai gives Kennen a ton of utility for both himself and his team, but it's harder to snowball if you get that earlier. Overall, it's an item you probably will get on him eventually because of how well it suits him.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well, nerfing/buffing things (on the level they're messing with the runes etc.) would be very interesting, but it would shift the metagame too drastically, and people wouldn't like that too much methinks.

Though I don't really know where they're going with these changes, metagame-wise, I'll play them before I start judging too harshly.

We'll see how the patch truly is, instead of these horrible hints ;)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I intend to play them out as well but I'm still disappointed that once again it seems they only talk about nerfs with seemingly no intended buffs except for the new hero.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I do remember them mentioning that they'd like to nerf a lot of things before they start hitting everything with buffs.

Balancing a game would be too difficult for me. I'm not creative enough.

jpak

Smash Lord

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
After thinking about it some, I don't like these changes...

Nerf to mana regen runes and buff to champ mana regen base and growth is still a nerf to mana regen runes. They keep saying it'll be the same... That's not entirely true. You'll have similar mana regen to the old runes+base stats, but your opponents not running mana regen runes are buffed because of this, and in a way contrary to what Riot said they wanted. If you're not running mana regen runes now because of the buff now, you'll have rune slots available for dodge, armor, MR... more survivability...

One of the assumptions they're making when they nerf the doran's items is that carries are going to start with blue crystals, meki pendants, etc, when in reality probably the best thing to buy now is cloth armor or magic mantle & health pots... more defense stats and regeneration = more survivability... not what Riot wants, apparently.

There's that plus doran's items being worse means everyone is going to HAVE to use flat HP quints if you weren't using them before... again, not what Riot said they wanted when they announced they were nerfing flat HP quints.

Also, lmao@ the timing of Vandal Vladimir and his indirect buffs.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You won't notice a difference in the Mana Regen rune changes. The only people that will are the people that waste mana constantly. Dan, the same could be said BEFORE the changes... People could still run Dodge/whatever in those slots, lol.

Are you sure about their assumptions? Where did you get this from? None of the items you listed give health. The only one that does besides the Doran's items are the Health Crystal, and I'll be damned before I see anyone else but Mundo or a similarly beefy character taking it.

The mindset of "These changes will force people to play even moar defensively, YOU DID IT WRONG" is getting sort of repetitive. Sure, people will play more defensively. They'll also farm less if stuck on the turret. Which some might be inclined to do after having to actually worry about dying to ganks. (Wouldn't be so sure though, ghost/flash lololol)

I think the only negative effect this might bring is seeing even MOAR Ghost/Flash. ... And jungle being absolutely required once again. (Not that this ever really changed.)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't really mind them cutting down mana regen runes but buffing mana regen stats to compensate.

I've had similar complaints multiple times whenever I play on a smurf account with friends, and Phreak made a good point that I agree with, "it's a totally different [meta]game".

Like seriously, try using a mana champ in lane with a level 1-10 character or w/e (so you aren't getting the bonus 5 mrp/5 either)... **** sux. You cannot do anything.

IMO they should make it so that mana regen runes will allow you to be slightly above whats now available. We'll see though. IMO I'm looking forward to not having to run yellow/blue runes for every AD carry.

HP quints I'm still iffy-ish on. I use them depending on match ups more now...
I think I'll have more issues with jungling now tbh... Shaco/Yi without some luck on your side are already getting pretty low on average with hp quints. But I was able to manage distinctively without them (yeah I never had HP quints until they had the christmas sale on them) for most of my lol playing career.
Still a huge fan of Movement speed quints. I feel like I want to try EXP Runes as well. And considering jungles consistently getting nerfed, making a rune page specifically for 1v2ing/soloing with exp quints + defensive runes to see if thats more optimal than just normal rune pages.

Top Bottom