• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Swain/Alistar is a mean lane combo. Me and Panda wrecked our lane tonight. I had three kills and grabbed my RoA by the 16 minute mark. Helps that I was Pirate Swain.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Swain/Alistar is a mean lane combo. Me and Panda wrecked our lane tonight. I had three kills and grabbed my RoA by the 16 minute mark. Helps that I was Pirate Swain.
Alistar + X is a mean lane combo. Seriously, you can put Alistar's kit with damn near anyone and go godly in lane, and god help you if you're up against Alistar + Taric/Sion/Blitz.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Alistar + X is a mean lane combo. Seriously, you can put Alistar's kit with damn near anyone and go godly in lane, and god help you if you're up against Alistar + Taric/Sion/Blitz.
This is true. The other day I played Alistar with a Veigar and we would let them push up to the tower, I'd flash behind and Veigar would stun when I knocked them back to the tower. His CC is just so strong that it mixes well with any other CC or burst. I think the Cow is going to be really, really good after his buff.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i like the patch previews :(

They give reasonings why they're doings things. Not everyone prowls the forums for all those multi-hundred post rage threads where a red eventually says "we're doing this because of a and b, and we'll see what happens".

Cia

das kwl
These comics are hilarious. I laughed so hard at this one. I hope this guy keeps em coming for future patches.
^ yeah srsly. so clever how he had guinsoo with the well times expressions during phreak's random *** tangent. I could totally see all of that happening in a video.

ook

Smash Lord
One time I went up against a double mid lane of Alistar and Morgana.

At first I was like
:awesome:

but then I was like
:mad:

also I like the patch previews for the reason Shaya said

edit: man... I've never heard someone complain that 4v5 is unfair for the 5. Until today. The other team's tank DC'd at the beginning, and this Akali on our team kept chasing people alone and trying to fight people that outleveled her by 5 levels. goddammit...
And she constantly blamed the game, "We lose because they level faster from the leaver, that's stupid. horrible game design"

jesus christ

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
how often is jungling used in TT?
Depends on the characters. Sometimes you hard jungle with two solo lanes. Sometimes you soft-jungle where you split off your lane to clean up buffs and then circle back when the creeps push. Even if you don't have a "jungler" though, you keep the buffs locked down 95% of the time, which is pretty unlike a 5s match with no jungler. In games I've played with Dekar, Lizard is usually dead within 20 seconds of spawn all the way through the game. Dragon is usually nabbed within a minute of spawning unless it pops right after a big team fight and people on both sides are dead.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clMEu39Iydc
Instabuy for me. An AP Nuke/Support that can increase her mobility while dealing damage?
yes please
She does look pretty spectacular. I'm still going to do the usual "wait and see if she's only 20% as the spotlight makes her seem" for a day or two, but as long as people are doing rabid QQ about her being UP on the boards then I'm likely going to buy her

jpak

Smash Lord
phreak's runes for support karma are real unique lmao, and his build has 48% CDR yepp

ook

Smash Lord
Damn! I checked the website for the release notes thread (for the first time in like an hour; I wasn't constantly refreshing or anything) and it was there, with 0 posts.
I was like, "oh snap, I gotta go for first!"

So I clicked on it, and it still had 0 posts by the time it loaded. I thought of something quick to say, but then I accidentally clicked Post Reply instead of using quick reply :( I got 3rd

so close....... that would have been the highlight of my week :p

jpak

Smash Lord
boring patch... renekton's buff is quite big wow

i was hoping to see rammus' powerball state to be lowered
sivir's w scale lowered
some kind of shen change
zilean ult duration lowered
janna ult radius and shield base lowered
udyr tiger stance nerf
sion with lower base Q and W

bans dont change :(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Anybody think Riot will ever hire another voice actor or two? I'm geting really tired of this. Listen to Karma's ending on her champ spotlight. Then listen to Irelia. Then listen to Kayle. Holy CRAP, it's annoying.

john!

Smash Hero
Damn! I checked the website for the release notes thread (for the first time in like an hour; I wasn't constantly refreshing or anything) and it was there, with 0 posts.
I was like, "oh snap, I gotta go for first!"

So I clicked on it, and it still had 0 posts by the time it loaded. I thought of something quick to say, but then I accidentally clicked Post Reply instead of using quick reply :( I got 3rd

so close....... that would have been the highlight of my week :p
lol i found the notes pretty early too. got page 3 and lots of upvotes, which definitely validates my existence as a human being.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Man I think they're avoiding nerfing rammus on purpose :|
Reducing its slow percent as much as they did is cool and all, but I mean... eh, it's better than their last nerf on him. Three seconds added to his taunt was a joke, lol.

Top Bottom