• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
the non-turtling team has control over the jungle and creep waves, isn't that enough of an advantage? i've never been in a game vs. a hardcore turtling team, but maybe that's because i don't play against premades. seems like they would lose due to a lack of gold.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
If anyone could link me to some decent Shaco jungling vids that would be cool. Or at least explain the route. I'm only level 22 so I don't have full rune set. I'm currently running 2 hp quints, 6 attk speed marks, I think armor or mpregen yellows, and mr blues.

Edit: I've seen the Reginald vids. They seemed confusing to me, perhaps all the Shaco jungling vids will be just as weird.

With this setup I can do WW jungling by getting long sword +1 pot, doing blue golem then wolves, the blue pilling and running straight to red. I suppose I could just do side golems or wraiths instead of blue pilling, but I'm only wasting 10-15 secs or so which I think is ok for normal games. When I practiced it though I would usually die at red buff if I went straight from wolves to red buff.

I'll probably try doing side golems to see if it gets me closer to full hp, maybe I can go straight to red now that I've gotten better at it.

With Shaco though I have no idea how to jungle with him. Even though they may be nerfing his jungle capabilities in the future I would like to learn how to do proper box placement and such. I also don't know Shaco's item build set up. or skill level set up XD.
with shaco to start like reginald you really, really need ArPen marks, quints and flat armor seals

ook

Smash Lord
It's like planking- it's extremely easy to do (my little brother can do it,) there's no point in NOT doing it if you're playing to win, and it equalizes the playnig field when one team is destroying another.
Planking is only for when you're winning. You can't plank to come back from losing.

just sayin

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I've been downloading for 30 minutes...they never usually take this long.
Apparently the new AI system and a completely new UI is included.

Dekar173

Justice Man
My analogy (which is by definition fallacious logic, being an analogy) still holds because both planking in brawl and turtling in lol require absolutely no skill.

I've got a write-up on the "gold advantage" for Team A over Team B when Team B is turtling, and it holds pretty true for what I've experienced- there IS NO gold advantage aside from the initial one, just a stalemate.

A "legit tank" can't hold against towers, due to their scaling damage. If the "legit tank" walks under the 2 nexus turrets in 5s, he's dead when initiated upon, period, and now the fight becomes 4v7 instead of 5v7 (where the turrets are mediocre physical dps). Tank it until you die, killing a tower? Big woop! It's not 4v5, and your team has completely lost all momentum, and now it's an even game again.

Completely passive play should NOT be rewarded.

Wolves- 57
Golems- 60
Wraiths- 71
Red- 80
Blue- 80

348 x 2 (both sides of map) = 696

Baron = 25 + 300x5 = 1525 gold

Dragon = 25 + 190x5 = 975 gold

2500 + 696 = 3196 gold

3196 gold "advantage" available to you if you clear absolutely everything.

How can you clear absolutely everything "safely" ? In a group.

If you are in a group, away from the opponent's base, you can NOT safely farm ANY waves of creeps. Why? Because you are split, and your opponents are not. Now it gets to the point where your opponents are given free farms (assuming you want the neutrals) equal to 6 waves/minute, 7 creeps per wave, at an average of 30 gold per creep.

42x30 = 1260, in one minute. Do you plan on taking one minute to completely clear every single spawn on the map? Not happening. It'll take roughly 2 minutes, netting the opponents 2520 gold, and then if you haven't got teleport or anything, you're going to need to spend another 30 seconds walking from your fountain to the opponent's base, assuming you decided to actually utilize that gold "advantage" you're giving yourself.

tl;dr Walking across maps and lack of scaling for gold given by neutrals causes the neutrals to give approximately the same amount of gold as regular old waves.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
So, because I have not played LoL for a while, Riot games emailed me and offered me Pantheon and the Perseus Pantheon skin to get me to play again. Excited, I opened up LoL and waited for updates to install. And then the application broke. And it hasn't worked since then. This is a sad, sad day. :(

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
First Karma game was a 60+ minute game where they destroyed everything but our Nexus TWICE but we aced them so they couldn't finish both times. but then we had no lanes pushed so we could do much. We also stole baron once and killed 2 at baron. It was ridiculous. The game then ended finally when I acted like I was pushing mid while our Eve scouted and then hid just out side their base while the rest of the team led them away through the jungle. they learned just how hard it is to catch Karma and kill her. HA. Eve BD'ed and won getting through 2 towers and reviving with GA to finish the nexus. they didn't even make it in our base after they killed us.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Ok, poll time. About to hit 3150, who should I buy: Teemo or Udyr? Not necessarily looking competitively or I'd get Udyr hands down - I want a good time :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only part of bear form that matters is the roar he makes when entering it as he speeds up, lol.

I like Renekton quite a bit... but I still just see him as a Xin Zhao that can retreat/run away (which is for wimps!)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The only part of bear form that matters is the roar he makes when entering it as he speeds up, lol.
Lol yes! I love the run animation though it just looks like he would rip you apart haha.

I like udyr not because hes OP, which I agree he is right now, Hes just a real man, fights with his fist.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i just played a game with my big brother, where i snowballed as vlad (i was like 25-6-20 or something) and we had a bacerace

pretty close

:009:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Thoughts on Karma: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=5888352

tl:dr Riot did an awesome job with this one. Her secondary resource system makes for fun and meaningful decisions. She is versatile and has a great kit. This is the most fun champion since Trundle and probably the best champion they've released in a long time.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Alright, new poll:

Teemo, Udyr, or Karma?

I had already been thinking about her to be honest, and to hear good things about her from someone I actually know is a nudge in her direction

Dekar173

Justice Man
@KevinM- Super creeps are much stronger in dota anyway, as all of your designated creeps become awesome, not just 1 extra creep =/ I loved the super minion system in DotA, you couldn't turtle as effectively, and picking a fight near supers was just asking for trouble.

In LoL, fighting near a super wave is nearly negligible.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah, I just figured at the very least they could nerf the gold gotten from the creeps.

Having just the one minion per wave is stupid. Especially when he gives slightly more gold.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IIRC, every few waves there are two super minions,
and super minions do give less gold...

Like 27 gold for a super minion, while a melee minion is like 32.
They aren't "worth" killing.

Top Bottom