• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Really? I thought he had been elevated to that status once he became FotM and people realized how effective he can be. Should I just think of him more as tanky burst/cc support?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
"Base Damage per dagger increased to 50/65/80 from 40/50/60
Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .3
Attack damage ratio reduced to .5 from .55"

anyone remember what it was before the base damage nerf?
either way this is nice

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Im glad death lotus is getting nerfed.

Really? I thought he had been elevated to that status once he became FotM and people realized how effective he can be. Should I just think of him more as tanky burst/cc support?

Malphite is a off tanky burst damage character.

He has loads of health and armor and an amazing passive but hes better at fighting than tanking imo

Ive mained malphite for about 5 months and hes still my best champ. If he wasnt banned all the time Id never play anyone else I guess. But Udyr is just too fun

Frolossus

Smash Lord

He has loads of health and armor and an amazing passive but hes better at fighting than tanking imo

Ive mained malphite for about 5 months and hes still my best champ. If he wasnt banned all the time Id never play anyone else I guess. But Udyr is just too fun
lol? this was a buff all the way

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If anyone could link me to some decent Shaco jungling vids that would be cool. Or at least explain the route. I'm only level 22 so I don't have full rune set. I'm currently running 2 hp quints, 6 attk speed marks, I think armor or mpregen yellows, and mr blues.

Edit: I've seen the Reginald vids. They seemed confusing to me, perhaps all the Shaco jungling vids will be just as weird.

With this setup I can do WW jungling by getting long sword +1 pot, doing blue golem then wolves, the blue pilling and running straight to red. I suppose I could just do side golems or wraiths instead of blue pilling, but I'm only wasting 10-15 secs or so which I think is ok for normal games. When I practiced it though I would usually die at red buff if I went straight from wolves to red buff.

I'll probably try doing side golems to see if it gets me closer to full hp, maybe I can go straight to red now that I've gotten better at it.

With Shaco though I have no idea how to jungle with him. Even though they may be nerfing his jungle capabilities in the future I would like to learn how to do proper box placement and such. I also don't know Shaco's item build set up. or skill level set up XD.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man I think they're avoiding nerfing rammus on purpose :|
Reducing its slow percent as much as they did is cool and all, but I mean... eh, it's better than their last nerf on him. Three seconds added to his taunt was a joke, lol.
And it wasn't even a nerf. They included the taunt change in the patch notes, but never actually increased the cooldown until last night. That said, his ganks are still really mean. :[

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=486296

Turtling is the planking of LoL.

Even when you win, you lose.
Yeah, this is a pretty big problem with this game. Makes some matches really boring... I don't know much about TT, but on SR I think it has a lot to do with how strong baron buff and the turrets are.

Well, school was canceled today...yay for Photoshop fun!
That's pretty awesome. ^^

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think in order to truly fix Rammus they need to give him a scaling-with-level speed on Powerball. Would make sure he doesn't get insta ganks early game but still make him really strong and mobile and a good initiator late game.

Need to wait for actual numbers on mana regen runes to see whether I should change to flats or leave as is.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Agree with Dekar on the camping thing. It's just too easy to sit at towers and defend or farm you own side of the jungle with little fear of getting ganked with just a couple of wards being down. Games just end up lasting way too long.

Vlad is still too good. He wasn't before all the bulkiness nerfs, but the more they nerf everything else, the better he keeps getting. They need more than a 10% hit to pool's slow to bring him in line with the rest of the cast. I think they should make his Q a skillshot so its not free and you can at least out-position him during the laning phase, even if you can't properly harass him... or you can just play Pirate and kill him. Panda was not wrong about being able to out-lane Vlad with Pirate. Once he blows his W, you can wreck him hard.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Malphite is not a tank >.>
what the **** are you smoking? Malphite is by all accounts a tank.

Soo....

Ezreal got ninja nerfed who knows how many patches ago and he supposed 75% IAS buff all this time has actually been 50%.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=486447
this wasn't a ninja nerf, read the patch notes. It was a long time ago, but it was just on the buff tooltip, etcetcetc, it's not news.

"Base Damage per dagger increased to 50/65/80 from 40/50/60
Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .3
Attack damage ratio reduced to .5 from .55"

anyone remember what it was before the base damage nerf?
either way this is nice
they basically just reverted the base damage and nerfed the scaling a little to make up for it double dipping on AP/AD. old numbers were 50/65/80.

what the **** are you smoking? Death Lotus was massively re-buffed.

you have a very narrow definition of tanking and I really have no idea what it is. by all accounts, Malphite is a top tier initiating tank and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone agreeing with you that he's not a tank.

If anyone could link me to some decent Shaco jungling vids that would be cool. Or at least explain the route. I'm only level 22 so I don't have full rune set. I'm currently running 2 hp quints, 6 attk speed marks, I think armor or mpregen yellows, and mr blues.

Edit: I've seen the Reginald vids. They seemed confusing to me, perhaps all the Shaco jungling vids will be just as weird.

With this setup I can do WW jungling by getting long sword +1 pot, doing blue golem then wolves, the blue pilling and running straight to red. I suppose I could just do side golems or wraiths instead of blue pilling, but I'm only wasting 10-15 secs or so which I think is ok for normal games. When I practiced it though I would usually die at red buff if I went straight from wolves to red buff.

I'll probably try doing side golems to see if it gets me closer to full hp, maybe I can go straight to red now that I've gotten better at it.

With Shaco though I have no idea how to jungle with him. Even though they may be nerfing his jungle capabilities in the future I would like to learn how to do proper box placement and such. I also don't know Shaco's item build set up. or skill level set up XD.
blue golem -> wolves -> bluepill is offensively slow. You might as well not jungle doing that. Shaco is difficult to jungle with imho. If you find youself bluepilling after just 2 camps as WW, stop worrying about how to jungle with Shaco and work on jungling with WW. You should literally never have to bluepill with WW.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
blue golem -> wolves -> bluepill is offensively slow. You might as well not jungle doing that. Shaco is difficult to jungle with imho. If you find youself bluepilling after just 2 camps as WW, stop worrying about how to jungle with Shaco and work on jungling with WW. You should literally never have to bluepill with WW.
I don't have to blue pill, I was following a specific order, I can probably just do wraiths -> side golems then do red or simply do side golems then red and be ok. It was my first day trying it out so I tried to do the route I was copying exactly.

What was happening was I would end up with around 60-75% hp after wolves usually (starting with long sword + 1 hp pot), and for the times I practiced died to red. Maybe now that I'm better at it its probably not an issue.

But could you give me a level skill order and build item order for WW? I typically go W,Q,Q,E,R then I don't really know.

For items I just go long sword > pot > boots >madreds > ? I usually do BV or some random attack item since I don't have a good idea of what to get.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ah. Well yeah you will like it even more after playing further.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Yeah well I can't because it's telling me it's unavailable :'(

I guess I'll go cook some pasta.....and do non LoL things....

Dekar173

Justice Man
Like you guys said, turtling takes the fun out of the game, and for what? So the team that got completely and utterly outplayed can defend? **** that.

If you get beaten, you should lose, simple as that. None of this defending for 30 minutes crap. No one wants to play lane phase again when late game's rolling around.

It just sucks because even if you completely outfarm the opposing team, take out all inhibs/towers, and start up poke wars at their nexus, there's still a chance that the opposing team can come back after 30 minutes of absolutely nothing happening.

I believe it partially has to do with the fact that the comeback system is a bit better than it need be. Gold given for kills scales down too much after getting 7+ whereas gold given for when YOU are slain after those 7+ kills is too high, this of course would shift it so that carries are slightly better, but imo that's what we need in order to be able to steamroll through a base, if some form of other turtle nerf doesn't go into effect.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Like you guys said, turtling takes the fun out of the game, and for what? So the team that got completely and utterly outplayed can defend? **** that.

If you get beaten, you should lose, simple as that. None of this defending for 30 minutes crap. No one wants to play lane phase again when late game's rolling around.

It just sucks because even if you completely outfarm the opposing team, take out all inhibs/towers, and start up poke wars at their nexus, there's still a chance that the opposing team can come back after 30 minutes of absolutely nothing happening.
yea, that's why sivir, anivia and ashe all need to be removed from the game.

jpak

Smash Lord
I don't have to blue pill, I was following a specific order, I can probably just do wraiths -> side golems then do red or simply do side golems then red and be ok. It was my first day trying it out so I tried to do the route I was copying exactly.

What was happening was I would end up with around 60-75% hp after wolves usually (starting with long sword + 1 hp pot), and for the times I practiced died to red. Maybe now that I'm better at it its probably not an issue.

But could you give me a level skill order and build item order for WW? I typically go W,Q,Q,E,R then I don't really know.

For items I just go long sword > pot > boots >madreds > ? I usually do BV or some random attack item since I don't have a good idea of what to get.
Change your starting items to cloth and a few health pots if you find yourself dying. You also only need one level of Q, then you max either W or E. If you are interested in playing the style where you mass boxes at a chokepoint(where enemies will go to defend a lane or gank or wherever you think someone will go) then you max W if not go with E. How are you setting up your masteries? Also most Shacos get lantern first, not sure if this is the best option, but it is the safest option and lantern is a great item.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Greetings summoners. The servers will be brought down for regularly scheduled maintenance on Monday, February 1st. Downtime will be between 1:30 AM and 2:00 PM PST.

As with all downtime boosts will be extended based on that amount of time. Thanks for your patience!

Fourth time :/ Snowday has been of no use.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

jpak

Smash Lord

I believe it partially has to do with the fact that the comeback system is a bit better than it need be. Gold given for kills scales down too much after getting 7+ whereas gold given for when YOU are slain after those 7+ kills is too high, this of course would shift it so that carries are slightly better, but imo that's what we need in order to be able to steamroll through a base, if some form of other turtle nerf doesn't go into effect.
well playing defensive and prolonging the game can happen in any game. You can't really lose unless your team makes a mistake, and at that point of the game your tank should be tanky enough to tank a few hits. Your team should have a healer too to withstand the poking.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nerf range of shop tower, change minion AI so that whenever they are in the opposing base they go straight for inhib/nexus turret instead of attacking enemy champions, weaken nexus towers, dunno what else you could do really.

Dekar173

Justice Man
well playing defensive and prolonging the game can happen in any game. You can't really lose unless your team makes a mistake, and at that point of the game your tank should be tanky enough to tank a few hits. Your team should have a healer too to withstand the poking.
If you're tanking the tower, you're about to get focused by the entire opponent team, and then the fight's over. It encourages passive play, which isn't fun whatsoever.

It's like planking- it's extremely easy to do (my little brother can do it,) there's no point in NOT doing it if you're playing to win, and it equalizes the playnig field when one team is destroying another.

Defensive play =/= turtling

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If you're tanking the tower, you're about to get focused by the entire opponent team, and then the fight's over. It encourages passive play, which isn't fun whatsoever.

It's like planking- it's extremely easy to do (my little brother can do it,) there's no point in NOT doing it if you're playing to win, and it equalizes the playnig field when one team is destroying another.

Defensive play =/= turtling
split push or have a legit tank that just doesn't give a **** about initiating under a tower.

Top Bottom