• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm crash

My league name is crashman1

My characters are as follows, mostly in this order: Amumu, Heimer, Kog, Gragas, Mundo.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
which spell did each pick? what summoner spells does each have? which jungler do each of them have? what lvl r there junglers? did they buy health/mana pots? which ones did they buy?
Gentlemens agreement of no skills learned till level 6, smit and rally, no jungler mid and bot are dual laning, each a health pot.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Kassadin: Exhaust Ignite

Vlad: Ghost Flash

I just played this as Kass and... well, I couldn't harras him. I couldn't go last hit without him autoattacking and then Q'ing me, so we ended up trading damage but I slowly ran out of mana... and of course he regened and healed from the shield and from Q. Soon I was out of mana and at half health, even though I had the ring with mp5/seals.

ook

Smash Lord
I've been trying crit chance runes on Tristana instead of armor pen, then rushing last whisper. It kinda sucks to get IE 2000 gold later, but on the other hand, when I DO get IE, I get 18% more crits, and the LW armor pen scales better into late game where people start getting armor. Plus I don't feel compelled to waste money on ghostblade or black cleaver.

It seems pretty legit to me (especially with the nerfs to green elixir and armor pen runes), but don't most people still use armor pen runes? Why?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I've been trying crit chance runes on Tristana instead of armor pen, then rushing last whisper. It kinda sucks to get IE 2000 gold later, but on the other hand, when I DO get IE, I get 18% more crits, and the LW armor pen scales better into late game where people start getting armor. Plus I don't feel compelled to waste money on ghostblade or black cleaver.

It seems pretty legit to me (especially with the nerfs to green elixir and armor pen runes), but don't most people still use armor pen runes? Why?
getting closer to true damage is better usually then a chance to crit

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Grab Teleport as Kassadin, especially if you're grabbing a solo lane. Leave Q at low level and use it primarily to farm and build up force pulse charges (he'll help you get them quick with his spell spamming too). When you can afford it go back for Catalyst and then with good use of QRE you can take him down. Easier if you bait the pool, but not too necessary. Try not to jump in if he has stacked Tides of Blood.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sooo... Gangplank is totally unfair in ARAZ. I could 1v2 people. I do miss the CDR for Q/R though. :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO they should just make transfusion's heal be a percentage of damage done so magic resist, to a [better] degree, can counter him.

Scale the percent done so it's around the same it is now at maybe the 40-50 magic resist mark and suddenly he's pretty wounded against tanks, and he stops out living everyone.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Has anyone else noticed the huge increase of Teemos and Tryndameres? Like I had a Teemo on my team basically carrying us with ridiculous shroom placement making us sooooooo many escape paths from unwinnable team fights and lurking people into them for easy ganks.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Someone figured out the trick to access the 6v6 mode they use for observers at official tournaments. They had custom games going last night and people are talking about it on the forums: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=478749

Bummed I missed that. Would be awesome to try out some new combinations in a 6v6.
dunno how they can access that though
i thought they used separate servers for tournaments that have that option

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
;_; You can type 1-5 while choosing the amount of summoners in a custom game. I typed 6 and my client froze and then went from 3 to 5. What is going on here...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So I've been playing Akali quite a bit lately, and I was wondering if I should build anything after I have my boots but before Rylai's, or if I should just rush a Rylai's and then go from it to Lich Bane/Death Cap/etc. I've been recommended building a revolver, mostly for the spell vamp, but I don't know how much it's worth it. And Akali really doesn't feel like she's anywhere close to her potential without a Rylai's, so I'd rather get it as fast as possible.

Also, what seals should I be looking at for her?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You could get a sheen into Rylai's. Easy to proc sheen with her repeatedly and gives additional burst while chasing down squishies and runners.

Also, I saw someone play in a 6v6 ARAM. Was weird. No solo lanes!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Rylais isn't a good first item IMO...the slow is nice, but its expensive as ****; you want to be getting more raw damage first.

As an akali main, I can say that sheen is the best first item for her. She wants to be hitting as hard as possible early game where she shines, and sheen gives her that. It might seem silly to get an item on her that also gives mana, but trust me, its worth it. Straight into Rylais after that, starting with the giant's belt so she can stay in the fray a bit longer.

I'm running dodge seals right now, but thats more because I was using them for jungling than I think they're necessary.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't get enough raw damage from the blasting wand and tome?

Not that this definitively means it's the best way to build her, but Westrice, the highest rated Akali player atm, gets Rylais as his first big item aside from boots.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hey Zac, I just bought udyr, whats the usual build you go with in normal games?

Jungling of course. I know you posted a thing about the route awhile back but that was way before I even thought about getting udyr so i paid no mind to it.

Oh and what kind of runes/masteries do you usually go with?

Limeee

Smash Champion
item build for kennen?

i tried him out a couple games, but have been having truoble since im so squishy. my Q didn't do that much damage, and i was too squishy and there was too much CC on the other team to do lightning rush. i kidna just chillen in the lane with no kills when i could easily get them with other characters
also what about runes?

:009:

Top Bottom