• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lmao@ that Brawl thread in LoL GD.

Teleport ganking junglers as they do red is op. We did it twice tonight an as a result dominated both games.
I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about this as a jungler in soloqueue aside from spending early money on pink wards/oracles (not an option) and having teammates get to the buffs early in the game to guard them. (can work, but doesn't happen all the time, sadly)

I suppose theoretically your teammates should be able to call out suspicious movement to bushes and to safe spots to teleport. But in unorganized play if they're not winning their lane and/or getting pushed so far to the towers that their lane opponents with teleport can safely teleport to wards from bushes... what do?

As the jungler, keep a very close eye on each lane and just not get buffs if they go near any bushes or fall back out of view? That's pretty lame. <.<

I GUESS just always make sure you pick a jungler that can very safely clear each camp, and hope your teammates are smart enough to call good MIAs on that sort of thing and that's that. In other words, always pick warwick if you want to jungle (borrrrriiiing), and only play in 5-man premade games. :troll:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
it's pretty obvious when a team's going to try that...

Now that wards are only 3 minutes it's pretty much certain you can do a buff by the 4 minute mark.

And you should always ask your team mates to scout your buffs for you....
Every game

Shaco:

1. ONE PERSON SCOUT BLUE
2. REST PROTECT AT RED.

Yi:

1. SCOUT MY BLUE AND RED BUFFS PLEASE, I'M GOING TO **** THEIR JUNGLE.

Olaf:
1. Scout my re- wait I've already done the entire jungle and gotten both blue and red buffs by the 1.55 mark.
1a. Someone scout red, rest protect at blue, get ready to run to blue.

voila.
If you let their team invade your jungle and get into the brush around your buffs, its either your fault for not asking, or your teams fault for not listening
You have the positional advantage when they invade... nearly always.

Even if they have clair (Which is rare in solo queue).

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I just drop the ward at start. The jungler on our team and mid lane cover me, and I sneak in and drop a ward right after minions spawn so they don't notice I'm missing. Then dahcet tp's in as their jungler does red and it's first blood.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I have this problem all the time in matches. Badkids start the game and then walk out and stand around by their towers. I always say "You tower doesn't need to be protected. Please watch the buffs." It's about a 50/50 whether people listen or not. Last night in a ranked game I was jungle Mummy and our Vlad just refused to listen. He stood by his tower, didn't chat and ignored our pings while the rest of the team protected me at blue. Then when I was doing Red their Olaf came charging into the clearing and stole it. Fortunately I spotted him on the way in and didn't die in the process.

Speaking of that ranked game, what a stupid, stupid game. Tom and I queued together and for the first fifteen minutes the game was dead even. But then our bottom lane WAY over extended, got wrecked, lost their tower and then didn't help when the same thing happened on top lane to that bad Vlad. Enemy Lux sniped my next blue with her ult and the second dragon (I got the first) and then they pushed in two middle towers when our Ashe left lane a full health for no reason.

So Tom and I tell our team no fighting away from towers. We turtled up and when they pushed middle I ult'd under tower and we killed three. So all of the sudden their team was terrified of pushing. They wouldn't cross the river at all, bought an oracles and started killing our wards. So I did the same and for the next 20 minutes or so, we just had a stand off. Eventually we got control of baron-side of the river, stole their blue and got a lead in gear that resulted in two successful team fights for the win. But it was SO boring. SO BORING. Who wants to play footsies in the river and farm for 30 minutes? blarghh...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I played 7 games.

Lost 2, not to shabby one of them we had a cho who wasn't to good and I made a lot of poor decisions on Dragon.

The next one I wasn't playing the correct style of Sion and we got blasted alot during team fights. Our eve left and I had already specced to be tanky and couldn't make the switch to a more off tank fast enough.

Few things I coulda changed to make those wins but otherwise not a bad night.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yay, more monster heroes/champs :)

Prince of Demacia might actually be cool enough to join Xin, the only other human character I really play, lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mog how do you build irelia?
0/21/9
ghost/ignite
arpen/armor/mres/hp

d-shield -> boots -> sheen -> triforce + merc treads -> GA + Banshee's

Q(W or E)(whichever W or E you didn't get at 2)QQR -> R > Q > E > W

you need a solo to farm IMO, but bot lane with a support who knows what they're doing could work too.

based on Atlanta's success with irelia, I've been considering the following changes:
1. Vamp Scepter after sheen so that you get more sustainability in lane when Q spamming for last hits (since you lifesteal off of Sheen Proc and Q bonus damage, it's effectively quite a bit of regen).
2. Mana Regen/Level Seals. Again for sustainability. With my current spec, I can sit around and fight people a lot in lane, but I do have to be more careful with my mana than I would have to be if I took Mana Regen Seals.

jpak

Smash Lord
consider ghostblade too, wickd get it after triforce i think, then agian ur irelia is more tanky his is more carry so idk.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I couldn't imagine getting another offensive item before at least a GA or BV. After those two, I've done stuff like ghostblade, starks and bloodrazors, but at that point we're talking about well over 10K gold, so it's pretty rare that a game goes that far.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Hmm...I'm probably doing that wrong then again

I just picked her up and I've been going alot of 9/5/7-ish stats

Im only level 17 so I dont have runes yet

Flash/ignite

D.shield -> greaves -> bloodrazors -> frozen mallet -> BV -> phantom dancers...

yea I know its weird but its been working for me for the time being...I'm still messing around with her so I'm pretty sure I will find the 2 builds i need for her eventually.

BUT

in other news

I know you guys said AD kat was bad but one game we went in and we didnt have a tank sooo I went.

D.Blade ->mercury threads -> sunfire cape -> Frozen mallet -> blood thirsters ->Zeal (was building phantom dancers but they surrendered by that time)

I went 15/1/6 that game...LMAO

I make weird builds yes but they aren't really like wrecking me or anything.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
you're still level 17 dude, you could probably roll face with AD Annie if you really put your mind to it :p. I remember having legendary games with Pantheon where my build was boots of swiftness + 5 Bloodthirsters back in the day. It still doesn't make the build optimal, good, or even acceptable as your opposition gets better.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Mogwai, what's your opinion on how to fight against Irelia? Given her bulkiness, stuns, self-heal and solid damage output, I'm finding that I have a hard time against a lot of them and an even harder time convincing my teammates not to try to solo/chase her. Thoughts on how to shut her down?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, that's a pretty interesting question because I think she's one of the most difficult champions in the game to actually shut down. I think the #1 best way to slow down an Irelia is to try to limit her early farm. Irelia's damage output isn't all that scary until she gets some items and if you can slow her build down enough, you might be able to force meaningful fights where she is either too squishy or not scary enough. Other than that, there's really no other trick to it... suppression doesn't get ***** by her passive + merc treads, so your only real chance to catch her out of position and kill her quickly is with suppression. She fills the same role as Udyr/Xin/Garen/etc, but she's really a much tougher problem to deal with than any of them because:
1. Bladesurge CD is obscenely low so she can stick to your carry better than the rest since they're mostly screwed vs. a flash
2. Equilibrium Strike is ridiculous CC, even when it just slows
3. She gets anywhere from 40-60% CC reduction with her passive + mercs
4. 75 True Damage/Attack lets her rapestroy tanks in the cleanup stage of teamfights
So basically she's a melee anti-carry who's mostly immune to kiting and will beat the bag out of most tanks/Offtanks if the teamfight involves a carry trade. Dekar really hit the nail on the head with this one, Irelia is a top tier pain in the *** when played correctly. The best guess I can give you about how to beat her would be to have super-pro kiting carries like Ez/Kass who can actually get the **** away from her or pack some suppression and try to focus her down first (though that will get really dicey when she gets a GA).

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted my irelia to be good but I really don't understand how to build her, if I build her for damage output/lifesteal shes too soft for too long, if I build her for HP/survive she's too weak for too long.

I've read a bunch of guides and looked at other players builds and I'm really confused on what to prioritized. I play Akali like 99% of the time with great success, but i've never played other champs with any seriousness except for Miss Fortune if for some reason we need a ranged carry although I usually just go mid with Akali.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hmm... so I'm looking forward to Plant King Moakai. I hope that he's good. Riot hasn't been impressing me much recently. They are teasing some new, interesting resource systems so if he can be engaging to play AND good, that would make me a happy camper. Sadly, "rage" is WAY less interesting than they made it out to be. Its not really all that effective to attempt to manage it apart from maybe charging it up for a planned gank during the laning phase. Most of the time you need to focus on using the right skill, not saving the skill until you store up some rage. Hopefully these new resource systems are more interesting.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
AD Swain is pretty funny. I'm going to try it sometime outside of an IP farm game.

I wish you could have duplicate characters on the same team in practice games. I would make a game of all Swain playing all roles and call it the

BME Swain Olympics.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mana regen nerfs? are they serious?

Every time I try to lane with any champion with mana without mana regen runes I practically cry myself to sleep.

Kennen and Vlad are already two of the best laners in the game...
Manageable for a lot of characters in mid, but get ***** in side lines (esp. kennen)

WHY GAME WHY.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Elementz put Kennen in tier 4

Riot makes it easier for him to lane by nerfing mana regen runes

???

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Also, I'm pretty sure they nerfed the runes because they want people to use up a skill on Clarity instead of being able to have 2 offensive (or escape) summoner spells AND as much mana as they want/need.

I'm not too broken up because I don't have the runes and only use Clarity on Heim, and I'm used to it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The mana regen and health nerfs are just their misguided attempt at creating more aggressiveness in early phase... what they don't realize is that this increased risk is going to cause even more passive play by everyone that uses mana (which is the majority of the character base).

They need to wrap their heads around how to balance instead of hitting the wrong things. They've been saying they think Vlad is anti-fun and needs a rework and they've accidentally been buffing him every patch, lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
They've been saying they think Vlad is anti-fun and needs a rework and they've accidentally been buffing him every patch, lol.
If they nerf cooldown and/or damage on Transfusion, that'll be one big big step in the right direction already. I'll admit... it's a ridiculous skill.

And maybe reduce the extra damage taken by those afflicted with Hemoplague. 14% is a lot of extra damage when it already does an okay bit of damage at the end on its own, especially when Vlad's other stuff is a bunch of AoE damage + slow and Transfusion. Drop that down to 10% extra damage with a nerf to Transfusion. There's a possibly reasonable step in the right direction.

Of course, I hope this doesn't happen because Vlad's my main now and I go 2/1 KDR even when my team gets stomped.

Top Bottom