• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Lovage

Smash Hero
lots of those picks are might be good for not losing a lane, but i wouldn't advertise that those are heros good at WINNING lanes

mostly talking about zilean yorick trundle. they're great heros that rarely lose but yorick doesn't get first blood unless his opponent is ********, zilean doesn't do lane-controling damage if they get a negatron cloak (if they get a relaxed early game you'll see it QUICK) and trundle ganks/jungle clear speed/ etc are kinda run-of-the-mill.

just cuz some heros don't have explicit counters doesn't mean they're good at winning,

like yea: please pick yorick vs. gp cuz that's a counter, or pick yorick if you have a vayne or cassio. don't pick him in blind pick, go 1-1-2 and wonder why you didn't really influence the game

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Would you say he's viable at higher elos?

And Fizz is so fun to me, it's rare for me to play a champ and be like "can I 1v1 this guy?" and then end up killing him quickly despite not having many items.
Just played jungle Fizz and it wasn't the worst thing ever.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What do you guys think about Fiora? She seems to have just faded away into obscurity. Is she just average?

(It may be worth noting that she seems to stomp low elo HARD as long as she gets first blood)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sneakiest way jpak has ever used to get people to watch him play :p

EDIT: It's okay, papa j ****** kids. New AL jungler.

EDIT 2: Nvm, Regi too good at getting people to camp his lane.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why do Junglers run away when they get low so often when we have 3 heals to work with ganking our lane? :(

Or 4 like in that last game (WW jungle)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so... the ward->dash to golems at 0:46, I didn't understand what that was for until I saw the slomo... was it to avoid the rammus ball or the ezreal Q? or both O_O

Vyke

Smash Champion
They refused to play because they aren't allowed to stream the NESL matches. They would make more money from streaming the matches than actually winning the tournament, so they dropped out.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
How common is it for you guys to see an AD carry to have a mega crappy game, but the support in that lane goes beserk, and with the rest of the team, dominates the game?
I just did that, and thought it was really strange that my AD carry wasn't soaring up there with me.

D

Deleted member

i usually ditch bot lane if they are beyond hopeless and carry mid and top as alistar but this doesn't happen often as much

Lovage

Smash Hero
How common is it for you guys to see an AD carry to have a mega crappy game, but the support in that lane goes beserk, and with the rest of the team, dominates the game?
I just did that, and thought it was really strange that my AD carry wasn't soaring up there with me.

93% of all AD carries suck massive chode welcome to league of leggesnd

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Mogwai just did that in a normal game. It happens.

john!

Smash Hero
i agree with lovage

ad carries always seem to be the ones that get caught or do some stupid **** to throw the game past 30 minutes

it's either the role that requires the least skill (which is why bads play it), or the role that requires the most skill (which is why bads fail at it), i really don't know

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It is kind of difficult to be in the right position constantly, always trying to stay in position while maximizing damage. Your team kind of needs to help you out, too, so without coordination it's easy to misstep once and then have it snowball.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
So earlier today I played a 3v3 TT match (solo queue) that ended up going to 1:06; we ended up winning because the two AD carries on the other team decided to be total f***-ups and push our Nexus when all three of us were spawning.

I hate almost every AD carry player I team with in solo queue because they end up doing stupid things like that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1:06 Twisted Treeline? Holy **** that must have been boring. I didn't know the 3v3s could go that long ._.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ad carry requires your team to not suck at protecting you and at the same time you not being a ******* and being in the front lines

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wit's End is a pretty good choice for Fizz when he goes mid, right? I just rushed it against a Cass and it worked very well. Then I got Lich Bane which turned out to be dumb because I had more AD than AP with just that.

So like, Wit's End -> Sheen -> Deathcap? I threw Guardian Angel in there too.

Final build was Sorc shoes / Wit's End / Deathcap / Guardian Angel / Lich Bane / Rylai's. Assuming Rylai's was the weakest link, what should I have replaced it with? I already had enough defensive stats so I wanted more AP, and I thought the bonus health would help.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wit's End is a pretty good choice for Fizz when he goes mid, right? I just rushed it against a Cass and it worked very well. Then I got Lich Bane which turned out to be dumb because I had more AD than AP with just that.

Final build was Sorc shoes / Wit's End / Deathcap / Guardian Angel / Lich Bane / Rylai's. Assuming Rylai's was the weakest link, what should I have replaced it with? I already had enough defensive stats so I wanted more AP, and I thought the bonus health would help.
Wit's End is his best rush in most midlane matchups IMO.

edit: holy **** kat is too much of a pubstomper, won a 4v5 followed by a game against a team with ken / garen / blitz / udyr all on one team.

I can see how really good Kats can climb soloq with her.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Rush lich bane > where my damage?

You have no AP sir, not a fizz player so don't know what he builds. Just lich bane is usually after dcap though cause you need AP before you can get good auto attack damage.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I just stopped posting because when I read other peoples post I'm just like...I hope to never sound like that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Rush lich bane > where my damage?

You have no AP sir, not a fizz player so don't know what he builds. Just lich bane is usually after dcap though cause you need AP before you can get good auto attack damage.
Like I said, I figured that out :p it's just that I found that I had the money for LB when I went back so it was too tempting.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had a team that had no cc that could stop kat besides me as Janna... So i dedicated my presence in teamfights to stoppin kat's ult :x ended up working out

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I just stopped posting because when I read other peoples post I'm just like...I hope to never sound like that.
What would help is if people in gaming communities weren't such couch napkins

Whoa a guy expressed a thought on the internet that reeks of inexperience I better become a douche and shove my throbbing gamer **** down his throat so he knows who the real alpha gamer is

Top Bottom