• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Coney

Smash Master
so guys

support fiddlesticks

i came up with the idea and have tried it and it works REALLY well

ranged harass with decent damage, self-sustain, a strong disable, and free kills with his ult if you ever establish bush control

is this stupid y/n

Kira-

Smash Champion
so guys

support fiddlesticks

ranged harass with decent damage, self-sustain, a strong disable, and free kills with his ult if you ever establish bush control

is this stupid y/n
stupid? no

original? no

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
so guys

support fiddlesticks

is this stupid y/n
3 seconds of watching Gragas dance to Lady Gaga is true terror

D

Deleted member

hey why do my uploaded videos get so small on youtube

my video resolution for loL is the highest setting

i record on fraps using 30 FPS and FULL SCREEN

i put it on windows movie maker 2.6 and change to AVI

then i upload to youtube

and it becomes this horrid piece of **** that is enclosed within a small black box

Lovage

Smash Hero
WHy dont more people play ranked 5's it's AWESOME

we made a 3rd smurf team and on our second match there's still big ques OMGGGGGGGGG

EDIT: nearly finalized varus thoughts:

max Q first and W second. flat damage standard AD runes, 23/1/6 masteries with magic pen in offense and 2/3 meditation (magic pen is really good for your W detonates)

just build standard AD, need PD pretty early similar to kogmaw and ashe cuz he's got no ESCAPE. (ie first still, maybe BF -> zeal if ur behind)

auto in fights and do big meaty Q's use ult after 2-3 blight stacks, auto all the time for more W stacks everywhere.

i don't really have mana problems with him as long as you don't mindlessly spam Q with no blight stacks or use E randomly like a noob

it's also perfectly fine to use your spells with only 1 blight stack (less so with Q) if it is a hectic team fight. i usually auto -> e auto -> ult auto 2-3 times and Q their team. try to never use a spell without at least 1 blight stack unless u absolutely have to (or u are just poking with Q)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Need ringer for this Sunday

http://greenforestcafe.net/index.php/tournament/355-msi-battleground-tournament-may-12-13

Theres a big SC2 / LoL tourney this weekend hosted by Day[9] and Team Green Forest

Prizes:
League of Legends
1st: $1000
2nd: $500+5x CM Storm Spawn Mouse
3rd: $300+1x Motherboard (MSRP Z77-GD65)
4th: $5x Steelseries Kinzu gaming mouse+1x Choiix "Comforter" Lap desk Cooling Pad
5th: $5x Steelseries Qck Mini Gaming Mouse Pad+1x Choiix "Comforter" Lap desk Cooling Pad
6th: $1x HyperX 1600MHz 8gb Genesis+4x HyperX Fans
7th: $5x Kingston DataTraveler Elite 3.0 USBs
8th: $5x MSI 4GB Wind USB

TGF is only a show match, there are not that many teams signed up for LoL and I think we have a good shot. The team I'm playing with is the team I got Rank 1 with earlier this season.

It's Sunday only, you have to bring your own keyboard and mouse/mousepad, it's $15 to enter. you can read everything on the site though.

Please message me in game or post on this board to get a hold of me.

Registration ends friday

It's in Ventura

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
their argument really doesn't make any sense to me tbh
The math works out like this:

If you have 5 items including a Void Staff, a Haunting Guise gives you about the same damage output as buying one of the 80 AP items as your 6th because of the 20 magic pen, but you lose out on the extra utility they typically offer.

If you just really need damage right now because you're expecting a game to end soon but don't have 3500 gold for a tier 3 item, Haunting Guise is a really solid choice because it gives you around the same damage output (like 25-50 less damage on your entire combo or so) for a very modest price tag.

Also, Shaya was randomly placed into the same Dominion game as me yesterday. Now we're buddies!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
so guys

support fiddlesticks

is this stupid y/n
No.
Not only have I tried Support Fiddle, I've tried Top Lane fiddle a few times. Actually worked kinda well.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I played a game yesterday wheree it was me as Soraka mid vs Fiddle mid.

It was dumb.

We both couldn't die.

Although he had to go back 1st because he ran out of mana and I didn't. :D

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
From what I've seen, AP Soraka is generally used differently from other APs. You basically use her because she becomes a super farmed second support late game. I wouldn't recommend her in solo queue.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
From what I've seen, AP Karma is generally used differently from other APs. You basically use her because she becomes a super farmed second support late game. I wouldn't recommend her in solo queue.
Is this statement still true?

Surprise Party Fiddlesticks is one of my favorites, on the subject of skins.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Is this statement still true?
Uh, sorta, but not really. It wasn't really true of Soraka either tbh. Solo Soraka deals insane DPS in drawn out teamfights. Karma is closer than Soraka to a traditional AP Carry in terms of burst damage though, so it's even less try of Karma.

Which isn't to say that the support elements they bring aren't a large part of how they play later in the game... I just think that it's naive to just think that AP Soraka's lategame is just a super-farmed support, because them starcalls hurt like a mother****er.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The math works out like this:

If you have 5 items including a Void Staff, a Haunting Guise gives you about the same damage output as buying one of the 80 AP items as your 6th because of the 20 magic pen, but you lose out on the extra utility they typically offer.

If you just really need damage right now because you're expecting a game to end soon but don't have 3500 gold for a tier 3 item, Haunting Guise is a really solid choice because it gives you around the same damage output (like 25-50 less damage on your entire combo or so) for a very modest price tag.

Also, Shaya was randomly placed into the same Dominion game as me yesterday. Now we're buddies!

What?

It's a sign of the apocalypse, SMP and shaya as buddies... THE END IS NIGH!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I almost got 2 penta kills in one game with Katarina last night. I wouldve had the second had our Olaf not killed Wukong :<

Lovage

Smash Hero
soraka would be MY #1 BAN if i was at 1200 or whatever. easiest hero to play, ***** noobs hella hard, doesn't need items at all (good for greedy noob support players.) i'd also be banning shaco lol he's dumb.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What if they just made it "target takes x% less damage for the next y seconds" instead of adding armor?

And I just picked Karma and called mid, we had a Janna support so everything looked cool.. then all of a sudden he picks Swain in the last couple seconds and goes mid and I'm forced to go bot, without support masteries or anything ._. and my whole team was like "Karma is support" and they just didn't understand >=(
I did well enough but only because enemy Varus was free gold. I haven't seen that crap in a long time though.

edit: it's happening again.. been a while since I've had trouble going mid @_@

Lovage

Smash Hero
my varus 23/1/6 masteries and maxing Q is OPTIMAL. i'm ****** all varus in dittos and my team fight damage is really good after BF sword ( big Q scaling)

the magic pen in offense is KEY so ur detonates hit hard in bot lane where everyone has flat MR blues.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Varus dittos still? :p I just played my first game since the patch that didn't have a Varus.

And my pvpnet sometimes crashes after games still, time to make a THREAD about it >=(

and they say they're remaking soraka and she will look more human, i'm sure that's old news though

Turazrok

Smash Master
soraka would be MY #1 BAN if i was at 1200 or whatever. easiest hero to play, ***** noobs hella hard, doesn't need items at all (good for greedy noob support players.) i'd also be banning shaco lol he's dumb.
I do this .

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uh, sorta, but not really. It wasn't really true of Soraka either tbh. Solo Soraka deals insane DPS in drawn out teamfights. Karma is closer than Soraka to a traditional AP Carry in terms of burst damage though, so it's even less try of Karma.

Which isn't to say that the support elements they bring aren't a large part of how they play later in the game... I just think that it's naive to just think that AP Soraka's lategame is just a super-farmed support, because them starcalls hurt like a mother****er.
No, they totally hurt. They have to. If they didn't, no one would bother to use her mid-lane. :p

But, generally AP Soraka IS USED in team comps that go the gimmicky multi-support route we've been seeing in tournament play a little bit recently. AP Soraka isn't a very good solo queue build IMO.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
No, they totally hurt. They have to. If they didn't, no one would bother to use her mid-lane. :p

But, generally AP Soraka IS USED in team comps that go the gimmicky multi-support route we've been seeing in tournament play a little bit recently. AP Soraka isn't a very good solo queue build IMO.
right, and that's why ScYx18 went from like 1800 to 2400 playing it every single game before it caught on. it's really strong in solo queue cause she stomps lanes.

Lovage

Smash Hero
multi-support comps are great

nautilius top, alistar/nunu suppotr, AP lulu, kogmaw/ashe + Herp derp tanky jungle mundo

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm just waiting for them to release that AP version of Wits End item. Athene's Grail or w/e.
i think theres some confusion in this statement

dangr and tom have returned 0mg
:]

anyways, since everyone is making lists, and everyone enjoys playing a character they dont see often, and everyone enjoys winning:

Champs with High OP:UU ratio
Mid:
Xerath
Zilean

Top:
Yorick
Rumble

Jungle:
Trundle
Skarner

anyone else have opinions? :D

Top Bottom