• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Lovage

Smash Hero
thought about this for around 45 seconds:
support tier list

S
janna
alistar

A+
nunu

A
soraka
nautilus
taric
leona

B
galio
blitz
lux

C
nidalee
GP
kayle

F-
sona

can't judge lulu yet but probably low A tier
and galio/leona might deserve higher can't tell, taric/soraka are very safe picks regardless.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
thought about this for around 45 seconds:
support tier list

S
janna
alistar

A+
nunu

A
soraka
nautilus
taric
leona

B
galio
blitz
lux

C
nidalee
GP
kayle

F-
sona

can't judge lulu yet but probably low A tier
and galio/leona might deserve higher can't tell, taric/soraka are very safe picks regardless.
Sona has a group stun and great sustain. This list is completely wrong about Sona.

Lovage

Smash Hero
wow u guys take it literal as **** lol

was OBV TROLLING about sona
reality shes like B+ nothing special too flimsy and doesn't stack up to the A tier even tho her ult is great.

Kira-

Smash Champion
no

my thoughts on current junglers

Udyr - he's a worse skarner

Skarner - still does everything he used to except his clear time after giving 2nd blue away is a bit tougher, still op people just forgot about him

nocturne - not that great, takes way too long to get tanky, ult's best use is to be a graves smokescreen since if u dive into their whole team pre-30 mins you wil just die and do nothing. if u get fed its fine tho

maokai - the best jungler, does amazing with few items, if 1st blue is stolen it does suck though its his only weakness, but its the same with skarner and noc and even udyr and stuff honestly so not even that bad

shyvana - still king of the jungle, along with maokai prolly best jungler

mundo - no sustain, if u dont use my new mundo build he has a bad midgame, in between level 9 and until he gets PD. he kinda is like old mundo where he is completely ignorable in teamfights if he builds straight tanky. but if u use my build it dont matter he's still king but still no sustain kinda hurts especially since his ult cd is longer now

rammus - absolute trash and i dont really know why, most useless jungler in the game

ww - even pre-nerf he was still not a good jungler, dunno what all the hype was about, now he is worse than before he got buffed and therefore competely useless

everything else no opinion same as before

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Support GP? Uhh...is it that anyone with a steroid they can apply to others can be a support? Or is he a troll place, too?

Also, I've realized my manhood and purchased Pantheon. :)

When are good times to ult as him? I should ask in advance, because it'd be easy to fall into bad habits, since it's a semi global.

Lovage

Smash Hero
well, support gp used to be viablo when his q was spammable and before various other nerfs. he could harass really well with Q similar to a support zilean and has a good steroid (no where compared to nunu tho) and has a pretty good global. he used to be a cool niche but now i think he blowz.

john!

Smash Hero
there's a lot of opinions being thrown around today in this thread

so i'm just gonna say

nasus is underrated

riven is overrated

philo stone still the best item in the game, always has been

vlad needs more nerfs

and top competitive teams are gonna start packing double smite once they realize how good it is with proper coordination

that is all

Kira-

Smash Champion
nasus is underrated
agreed

riven is overrated
disagree

philo stone still the best item in the game, always has been
no aegis

not everyone can even benefit from philo stone, and im not even including manaless heroes

also philo doesnt win teamfights all by itself

also half the reason philo is so good is bc it builds into shurelyas which is op and almost as good as aegis

vlad needs more nerfs
agreed, slight nerfs to his lategame would be good

Kira-

Smash Champion
Support GP? Uhh...is it that anyone with a steroid they can apply to others can be a support? Or is he a troll place, too
Anyone who can be useful without gold is a viable support, thats the definition of a support and the only requirement

Lovage

Smash Hero
don't think double smite will ever catch on in popularity. the current balance of summoner spells in competitive comps is actually pretty neat. usually ~1 exhaust, 2-3 ignites, 1 smite, 1 heal and a possible cv. sometimes heal or cv can be dropped for other summoners np.

plus i assume you'd put the smite on support or mid or something which honestly makes them WEAK in lane and really less likely to score kills or survive jungle gonks.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Mogwai and I had been talking for a while now about how strange it was that Skarner was no longer seen, b/c he's still super strong.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Udyr - he's a worse skarner
Udyr can LVL 2 invade and steal red (after blue) similar to Shyv/Mundo. I think Udyr dominates early/mid whereas Skarner tends to peak mid/late.

Skarner - still does everything he used to except his clear time after giving 2nd blue away is a bit tougher, still op people just forgot about him
Agreed.

nocturne - not that great, takes way too long to get tanky, ult's best use is to be a graves smokescreen since if u dive into their whole team pre-30 mins you wil just die and do nothing. if u get fed its fine tho
Completely disagree. Nocturne + coordinate ganks = snowball fest. Blocking incoming spells + inducing fear is amazing. He is also one of the only few junglers who can reliably gank bottom (Pantheon and Rammus being the other two).

maokai - the best jungler, does amazing with few items, if 1st blue is stolen it does suck though its his only weakness, but its the same with skarner and noc and even udyr and stuff honestly so not even that bad
Mao falls off faster then Skar/Noc/Udyr without blue due to his clear times and the high mana cost on his saplings. If his 1st Blue is taken and you started E, well, you're gonna have a bad time.

shyvana - still king of the jungle, along with maokai prolly best jungler
Yeah. No real counter to Shyvana.

mundo - no sustain, if u dont use my new mundo build he has a bad midgame, in between level 9 and until he gets PD. he kinda is like old mundo where he is completely ignorable in teamfights if he builds straight tanky. but if u use my build it dont matter he's still king but still no sustain kinda hurts especially since his ult cd is longer now
Pots pre-LVL 6 the only sustain you need IMO.

rammus - absolute trash and i dont really know why, most useless jungler in the game
o_O Q into E combo is one of the hardest CC's you can accurately land due to its speed. He is really great at helping mid/top lane champs snowball their lane and doesn't fall off late game as much as like Shaco.

ww - even pre-nerf he was still not a good jungler, dunno what all the hype was about, now he is worse than before he got buffed and therefore competely useless
o_O

IMO, I think Udyr, Lee Sin, and Mundo are the current top junglers.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also, enjoying nocturn especially given the void skin is sweet. But cannot carry a game with him apparently. It's frustrating.

Though i suspect i need to also learn how to retreat off a lost teamfight better.

and this is why Karma is a terrible support. :c
The man is learning.

I disagree with a lot of what you said (except rammus and warwick, neither is trash per say, but so much better choices imo) but I really have to ask.. PD on mundo? Really?

Also he's never ignorable, cleavers plus high base on burning agony.

Also passive has sustain, plus spellvamp runes are amazing on him.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mundo gets 40-200 free AD from his E depending on level and HP missing. And it has like 100% uptime with just 9/21/0 spec and a spirit visage. PD is the single best DPS item on him by a mile. It actually drives me crazy that people just herpderp and build wit's on him still.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mundo gets 40-200 free AD from his E depending on level and HP missing. And it has like 100% uptime with just 9/21/0 spec and a spirit visage. PD is the single best DPS item on him by a mile. It actually drives me crazy that people just herpderp and build wit's on him still.
I was thinking more an issue of actually building a solely dps item on mundo as opposed to it specifically being PD.

Dude's base damage is extremely good and he gets tanky as hell very quickly. When exactly would you get one in his build then?

Edit: not disagreeing with you, you're obviously a lot better and more experienced then me. The concept of getting a pure dps item on mundo just confuses me and i'd like to know the situation you'd get it in.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Basically any time you get fed, PD is a good buy ASAP, otherwise you can wait on it until after HoG, Visage and a Giant's belt item or something like that. I dunno, Mundo builds feel very organic to me, he feels so item independent that you just buy whatever you need when you need it, which in the case of needing damage should be PD IMO.

Top Bottom