• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Jem.

Smash Master
laughed my *** off when jem said he starts passive lv. 1 on varus hehe
I don't really see what the problem is.. Q ***** but I'm not trying to go back until double dorans or later. And level 2 comes by quick. And it's a skill shot that can be dodged by better players since they know when its coming more obvious than Caits. I mean, I guess I'll try it Q first, but it does give you good level 1 poke vs most AD's so you just get them when theyre trying to last hit and they slowly fall behind from there. Mana isnt a big problem for him but the 4 games I've played as him I havent been the first person to back yet, which is a win for my lane. You'd be surprised how much damage he does at level 1 with the passive, 2-3 shots and they start burning through pots. Not like I'm waiting until 4 to get Q, I just get at level 2.

Lovage

Smash Hero
dude lol. what in god's precious name are you talking about

varus's W does 0 damage until you proc another ability. did you really not know this? it makes as much sense as getting rewind lv. 1 on Zilean.

the fact that you try to defend it by saying good ppl dodge it (lol u are bad at aiming and baiting) and it costs mana is ludicrious. get a grip on yourself and stop trying to defend what you obviously have no clue about.

edit: my bayd

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah I've been going q w e then maxing w. Only reason I'd think to get w first is if I felt I'd have trouble last hitting, but that would be a player issue, and it's just lvl 1 so that isn't really even a point lol

ps lovage it's varus not vayrus =P

Jem.

Smash Master
What Asdioh said

For a second I got scared because I was one of the ones trying him out right at 3 AM and maybe I read it wrong, but good to know that wasn't the case

I'm not saying Q is bad, Q is amazing -_- but level 1 base health is really low, so taking the passive level 1 then Q level 2 has worked really well for me (And I've already done ranked with him) I mean, maybe pros will say its not the most effecient, I havent watched any streams to see if pros are using him, but it certainly isnt a bad option. I'm not against Q level 1, just saying the passive is kind of nice because it's guaranteed poke (unless they have a comp that just blocks you out due to their comp and/or your comp) and with low level 1 base hp, it does a good amount. If you time your level up right too, you can hit him with a 3 stack of blight with the Q as you level up if you've been able to get in that much (obviously isnt guaranteed, but it can happen)

john!

Smash Hero
What Asdioh said

For a second I got scared because I was one of the ones trying him out right at 3 AM and maybe I read it wrong, but good to know that wasn't the case

I'm not saying Q is bad, Q is amazing -_- but level 1 base health is really low, so taking the passive level 1 then Q level 2 has worked really well for me (And I've already done ranked with him) I mean, maybe pros will say its not the most effecient, I havent watched any streams to see if pros are using him, but it certainly isnt a bad option. I'm not against Q level 1, just saying the passive is kind of nice because it's guaranteed poke (unless they have a comp that just blocks you out due to their comp and/or your comp) and with low level 1 base hp, it does a good amount
plus, the little purple blobs are really intimidating

L__

Smash Master
i would choose q over w cuz it gives me a bigger zone of control

and i dont think i'd be able to make good use of the whopping 8 magic dmg per auto

kinda hard to imagine youd commit that hard

that early

unless you have like some secret tactic or smth

Jem.

Smash Master
I dunno, I think Varus has a pretty solid auto attack and I havent been missing CS hitting them as they last hit, I still get back to my last hit in time. I mean, I'm not claiming its the best, I hover around 1500 elo so im nowhere near good, its just worked for me so far *shrug* Q does give you good control I agree. Next ranked game I'll try Q level 1. It is a lot dependant on the matchups too. I havent laned vs Kog or Corki yet so that might be more difficult.

Be nice to see Aphromoo or Chaox stream as Varus so I can steal everything they do cause all I do is copy the best builds XD

Lovage

Smash Hero
well his q does like 100+ with some charge and W makes him do 8 damage more so there isn't much discussion about THAT tbh

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
how much damage does your autoattack do to the average champion at level 1, and how much does the passive add? It doesn't seem awful, but looks a little weaker than some of the other on-hit abilities, like Teemo's poison.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The reason why Q>W level 1 is this: Zone control

While he does have a slightly higher then average AA range, it's still not safe to harass from.

Q on the other hand, you don't really even have to trade at that distance, you just have a sweet poke. And it's fast enough that dodging on reaction shouldn't be an issue.

So, better trading level 1 or the ability to poke and not worry about trading?

zyth

Smash Lord
the discussion taking place makkes me realize how long its been since I played LoL....glad my laptop will be fixed next week. I want to play with everyone....

Sharky

Smash Master
The reason why Q>W level 1 is this: Zone control

While he does have a slightly higher then average AA range, it's still not safe to harass from.

Q on the other hand, you don't really even have to trade at that distance, you just have a sweet poke. And it's fast enough that dodging on reaction shouldn't be an issue.

So, better trading level 1 or the ability to poke and not worry about trading?
pretty much this. Don't even have to worry about them seeing you charge and dodge cause you can hit them from so far back.

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh my gosh I started out 5-0 and we still lost

Sion top got fed on the other team and my team was terrible and couldnt stop Sion from latching onto me regardless the infinite amount of CC we had

No damage outside me and kinda Galio, but still, wahhh hate starting 5-0 and losing

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What was their team comp? I did a team that was AP Galio, jungle Naut, support Leona with Olaf top and some AD carry.. Won simplely because of how much CC we had.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Bought Fizz :D
time to not feed!

do any of you play him? I kinda wanna use him with Teleport, assuming I'm solo top or sometimes on solo mid. Is Flash necessary on him when he already has playful/trickster?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Take Ignite. Flash can help in crazier fights, but some people like taking Heal on him as well (much more dangerous, and have to be more careful about committing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The solomid guide I looked at said Ignite/Heal, but I thought Ignite was kinda redundant on a champ that already has a heal debuff. What about Ignite/Exhaust, is that a terrible idea?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just search swf on the league chatroom box.

Ignite secures kills with the true damage it does. Most AP casters take it to make their burst damage even more.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anyone have an opinion on how to build Jax? :applejack:
Been reading guides but I'm still kinda "eh" on some of them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The solomid guide I looked at said Ignite/Heal, but I thought Ignite was kinda redundant on a champ that already has a heal debuff. What about Ignite/Exhaust, is that a terrible idea?
Same deal as Ignite/Heal. You gain more lane presence at the expense of positioning/repositioning ability in lategame teamfights. If the enemy plays super safe or you get ganked enough, your advantage will be wasted and then you'll be much worse off late game.

People take ignite for that last bit of true damage burst/to help finish off enemies along with your W, not really for the heal debuff.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Same deal as Ignite/Heal. You gain more lane presence at the expense of positioning/repositioning ability in lategame teamfights. If the enemy plays super safe or you get ganked enough, your advantage will be wasted and then you'll be much worse off late game.

People take ignite for that last bit of true damage burst/to help finish off enemies along with your W, not really for the heal debuff.
So what do you recommend, exactly? Ignite/Flash or Ignite/Heal or something?

I just went Exhaust/Heal at the last second last game because my team didn't have exhaust. I ended up going top against Anivia and Varus because their team didn't have a jungler... it was pretty dumb.

And once again, this game had 2 Varus and ours just completely owned everyone, lol. I think I'm gonna be seeing a lot of that for the next few days.. I bet there are more Varus players today than there were for Hecarim, even on his free week ._.

Fizz is so fun.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's b/c Riot has historically released OP ranged ADs (Graves/Vayne/MF), so I guess they expect the same from Varus.

Also I always grab Flash. I have never, and will never see two offensive summoner spells as anything other than cheese.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I honestly don't like Flash all that much unless I'm AD bot or AP mid.
Otherwise, it kinda feels "meh" for me. :applejack:

Lovage

Smash Hero
not taking flash is ok on certain people, fizz is ok, trist is pretty good with no flash, the obvious junglers like mundo/shyv/shaco etc. overall tho flash is still da best summoner in the game u should almost always take it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Flash on junglers good for like flash > ult ganks

Flash should always be on ad carries cause a jump + flash can save you from being overextended.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was super excited for D3 but then I played the open beta and was surprised to find it's essentially unplayable on my laptop! I'm hoping it'll be better on the actual game, but if not then I'll have to wait until I build a new computer, which will probably be in some months :c

Top Bottom