• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I thought Vayne would do well with Blitz, as well as MF or Trist. Corki, too. Basically people who can go aggro, since Blitz should always be pulling people. But why not Ashe? I'd think post lvl 6, you've got pull > arrow > certain death, right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Graves. Full Q Ult combo ez if they get pulled.

john!

Smash Hero
i had a good leona on my team during one of my nautilus games.

watching our corki shred the enemy graves who is CC'd for 6 whole seconds every time i ganked is one of the most satisfying things in this game

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i had a good leona on my team during one of my nautilus games.

watching our corki shred the enemy graves who is CC'd for 6 whole seconds every time i ganked is one of the most satisfying things in this game
Mogwai and I did Naut Blitz before with similar results. It is very amusing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
were you specing our games LOL

i agree that's a sick combo and overall i think naut is an insane hero lol. absolutely ridiculous hero.
I was doing the combination myself. Their team had a fed Katarina (We were losing in kills too) but with the power of CC, their entire team just fell to Vlad damaging them while they were knocked up to the moon.

naut top tier support
He's like Leona except you can't escape his ult so you're guaranteed to take damage if not die from it.

Jem.

Smash Master
omg Varus is so sick

The only thing that sucks is because he has no simple escape tool with e like Caits or Graves that if someone does get on top of him, the slow and ult isnt even really enough to save him. Pretty much every AD is screwed if bruisers/etc are on them, but with Varus it seems like super butt boneage. Had a game where a noc and leona were just constantly on my nuts no matter how far away I stood. But because of that hardcore focus and going out of their way for me we won the game, but it essentially shut me down

But he has great harass, good combos, and his ult is insane. Can be like a mini amumus ult in the right team fight if people are cluttered up (Pretty much guaranteed atleast 2-3 people every team fight) His late game is rockin' too if youre farmed enough and not behind.

And his Q is off the chain, especially when you have the passive stacked

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I so far havent really felt Varus to be too much of a threat... I dunno, it just feels like he's decent at pretty much everything an AD carry would want to be good at, but he's overshadowed at everything by someone else... Then again, Ive only played against 3 different Varus players so far, so maybe they all sucked (even though one of them went 14/3).

Jem.

Smash Master
I take the passive level 1, then the Q level 2. His range is only a little worse than Caits I believe (Or it feels like), so he should be able to poke. And because the passive adds damage, youre winning trades with AD's in the game. I guess he feels a little more reliant on his support, I found a lot of success with Blitz. Ali is fine too because he scares people away. Just taking those little leads as Varus really adds up. His late game is insane though, and his ult is probably OP. Changes team fights dramatically.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
OMG I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON SUPPORTS!

See I can do it too.

Naut is disgusting though yeah.
damn, Akuma going in deep. You gonna take that johnny?

anyway, s2j might be a prick about how he says it, but I kinda agree that the random screenshots of someone's most recent solo queue game annoy me. They take up a lot of space without usually sparking any interesting discussion.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I take the passive level 1, then the Q level 2. His range is only a little worse than Caits I believe (Or it feels like), so he should be able to poke. And because the passive adds damage, youre winning trades with AD's in the game. I guess he feels a little more reliant on his support, I found a lot of success with Blitz. Ali is fine too because he scares people away. Just taking those little leads as Varus really adds up. His late game is insane though, and his ult is probably OP. Changes team fights dramatically.
Taking his passive level 1 is a complete waste. Can't proc any of the blight stacks, so you might as well start with his AoE slow or his Q.

Vyke

Smash Champion
more liek johnny b good

lololol

am I too young to make that reference?

I have always loved Nautilus. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a badass movie.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
The E makes most sense since it cuts healing and slows which is devestating early on.
How does E make the most sense? Cause they are going to use a potion at level 1? LOL He's better off grabbing Q for the early poke/advantage. Fully charged Q when you have 70 ad(which I'm assuming he has after proper masteries/rune page) would do 1.6(70)+15 = 127 which is massive poke at lvl 1.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I was thinking more like stopping their support from healing them as much if you are say in bot lane or even for lv1 invasions.

But those Q numbers don't lie........

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Cause your ult = massive burst right? Why even wait till six for a kill when you play a support with massive CC and interruption? Janna early harass is so good why not aim for early domination instead of waiting for 6-7 minutes before you make a move? If you're going to play like that why not just play soraka than, I don't even understand.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Cause your ult = massive burst right? Why even wait till six for a kill when you play a support with massive CC and interruption? Janna early harass is so good why not aim for early domination instead of waiting for 6-7 minutes before you make a move? If you're going to play like that why not just play soraka than, I don't even understand.
he was being cheeky and saying he doesn't grab his heal until level 6 with Janna.

GET IT!?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Oh I get it now, I thought he was responding back to my comment about aiming for a kill at lvl 3-4. Revoke my previous comment, I don't expect people to come up with humorous comments in this thread. I just assume everyone bad in this thread now so I'm sorry z'zgashi didn't mean to go off like that just irritated when reading some of the posts made here.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kevin I haven't played with you in too long D:

lol, that's gonna bias those peoples' opinions a bit.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/corporate-mundo-announce-new-skins-and-champions-sale think I'm gonna actually spend some RP again and buy Fizz. Good idea, since he's normally 6300?
2nd game i play with him in it, on the enemy team, he gets a quadrakill. We only won because we went deep into their jungle (i had warded it so hard) and picked off Varus and then killed the rest off their team ez

john!

Smash Hero
omg lol

2nd game i play with him in it, on the enemy team, he gets a quadrakill. We only won because we went deep into their jungle (i had warded it so hard) and picked off Varus and then killed the rest off their team ez
varus' passive makes him really snowbally. he'll probably have one of the highest quadra/penta rates in league, if riot keeps track of those things.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Some people still saw me as Tomato Cat, so I cleared my friends list. I didn't delete you because I hate you. Except ZoSo, I deleted you because of my shameful Karthus failure+DC yesterday I'm pretty sure you never want to talk to me again so yeah.

If you wanna add me back plz add Victor von Doom and see if that fixes things.

Top Bottom