• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Some people still saw me as Tomato Cat, so I cleared my friends list. I didn't delete you because I hate you. Except ZoSo, I deleted you because of my shameful Karthus failure+DC yesterday I'm pretty sure you never want to talk to me again so yeah.

If you wanna add me back plz add Victor von Doom and see if that fixes things.
Tomato Cat is still a better name than Victor von Doom.

john!

Smash Hero
kat's w gives bonus damage on autoattacks though. i suppose that could help with last hitting if you had a boring mid matchup for the first few levels and just wanted to farm (and not push)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
not as bad as getting W on teemo first
This conversation sucks, let's stop, there are tons of ways to be stupid with your opening skill.

Let's talk about how good a roaming support is with a ranged AD like Graves/Ezreal who can hang in a 1v2 due to the level advantage. Ever since Dphat went balls deep on Sunday, I've been wondering why more people don't play heavier early roaming strategies in solo queue.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
This conversation sucks, let's stop, there are tons of ways to be stupid with your opening skill.

Let's talk about how good a roaming support is with a ranged AD like Graves/Ezreal who can hang in a 1v2 due to the level advantage. Ever since Dphat went balls deep on Sunday, I've been wondering why more people don't play heavier early roaming strategies in solo queue.
i think it depends on who you are laning against, how much support the roamer + jungler gives the 2v1 lane and how much you can trust that 2v1 person to not die

Niko45

Smash Master

Honestly after watching that I started to feel like graves comps should exploit that way more cause he can really 2v1 lanes without much problem. Only time I feel he has trouble is against very serious poke.

Lovage

Smash Hero
johnnys ali has done this for as long as i can remember

support players: if u are ahead AND the lane is pushing in your favor, go 1v3 towerdive mid please, your corki isnt gonna have any problem CS'ing in tower don't trip.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i think it depends on who you are laning against, how much support the roamer + jungler gives the 2v1 lane and how much you can trust that 2v1 person to not die
you just need to bring tha preshaaaa to bot if they try to exploit the 2v1 really hard. double gank from opposing tribrush if they're being pricks on your tower. and you don't need to roam the whole time like the old days of roaming. Dphat was kinda rolling around for 3 minutes or so and then playing bot for a bit and owning bot because he had a level 6 Ranged AD vs. 2 people without their ults for a decent period of time. It just seemed really strong, even though our ranged AD was well behind in CS at first.

I just think a lot of why people gave up on roaming is that they were running the wrong champs solo bot. Everyone was still stuck on bruisers like Cho/J4, who would just get ruined by support + ranged AD, but if you just run a ranged AD who scales well with levels, I think it could be brought back.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think it works better at higher ELOs, Wes. You can get each lane an early advantage and then most of the time they will be able to snowball (at the very least 2/3 will) and then you can go help out your bot.

I don't know how viable it would be in arranged play as well, or once it becomes popular if supports ward for the early ganks. But for solo queue it seems like gold.

Niko45

Smash Master
Quick question (more AD stuff): Is it a good idea to go double PD on Kog/Vayne? Since they are so auto attack based it seems like that could outweigh getting a different 3rd damage item (starting either BT + PD or IE + PD). Especially with IE considering you will have the almost guaranteed crit rate.

My current Kog build is double dorans greaves vamp PD IE and then either last whisp or BT. But I am wondering if a second PD would be better than those 3rd major items (obviously with a lot of armor in the game I'd go Last Whisp but if not then...?)

Lovage

Smash Hero
dunno what the fuss is about PD first kogmaw. maybe if u suck at farming and can't get a bf sword without dying. bf sword 1 dorans zerker greaves kogmaw is ludicrous.

double PD isn't very effective IMO. by that time in the game theres probably several 100 armor targets so not getting LW wouldn't be smart. this is also assuming you didn't need to get an earlier QSS or GA because of their comp. even then i'd rather get a BT over a second PD.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is Yi good with mostly PDs? I don't see how he would be, because it seems he already has AS steroids so he needs AD items, but just last game there was a Yi on my team who kinda got fed and had 2-3 Zeal/PDs, and his only damage item was Wriggle's... and he had nearly 200 AD midgame and was just completely ****ing decimating the enemy team, it was disgusting. He kept getting triple/quadra kills and ended the game with 2 BTs, 3 PDs, and an IE. @_@

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm actually just trying PD first because I haven't tried it yet but it seems pretty damn good tbh. I'd think the logic behind it is you get more bursty with your W?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You'd do even more damage that is more difficult to itemize for if you have the IE (because then you do big W damage which is magical but are landing huge physical damage crits as well).

Lovage

Smash Hero
I'm actually just trying PD first because I haven't tried it yet but it seems pretty damn good tbh. I'd think the logic behind it is you get more bursty with your W?
it def. is good, but i think early bf sword is WAY better. i like being a character when my W is off as well as on.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't like PD first on Kog. W should be more of a background damage dealer instead of focusing on primarily abusing it specifically. If you go PD first you miss out on ults hitting harder and regular attacks hitting harder.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I don't like PD first on Kog. W should be more of a background damage dealer instead of focusing on primarily abusing it specifically. If you go PD first you miss out on ults hitting harder and regular attacks hitting harder.
agreed. people forget how hard his R scales off of AD. biggest flaw i see in kog players is not being able to kite with your R correctly. if tanks dive you in teamfights, you have to stutter step your W'd auto attacks as well as splashing R's on moving targets every time it's up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
johnnys ali has done this for as long as i can remember

support players: if u are ahead AND the lane is pushing in your favor, go 1v3 towerdive mid please, your corki isnt gonna have any problem CS'ing in tower don't trip.
I do this with Nautilus and Taric, though it does depend on the lane my bot will be 1v2 like I can't leave him alone in a bad MU with a support that can CC

edit: oh snap >_> i should refresh pages before replying to messages

Lovage

Smash Hero
to anyone who bought varus try out the oscar build.

standard AD ****, zerkers 1-2 dorans. infinity first, brutalizer, PD. attack target 3 times and use your arrow (usually full charge) into as much of their team as possible including the person with 3 stacks. your arrow has 6sec cooldown and good armor pen so you can use it all fight long and proc more W's

not sure if it's the best strat but it's fun so far. also 60 cds cd ults lol.

edit: make sure you go standard AD carry runes and 22/1/7 masteries with CDR in offense tree, heal talent in defense, and meditation in utility.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Have you guys been seeing an unusually large amount of Varuses in your games, compared to other release champs? I only played one game so far today, and it was blind pick with Varus on both teams, but from the sounds of it there are lots of people playing/seeing them.

Lovage

Smash Hero
So in your opinion is he a good AD carry?
DUNNO till i try him in 5's he's fun though

his passive makes him one of the easiest last hitters ever btw. tower doesnt mean anything to varus.

edit: i also wanna try black clever first maxing W and then Q.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Varus gets a triple kill or better in every game I play with him in it. Probably why people start playing him, and keep on playing him.

Varus really looks good for poke teams as well.

Kira-

Smash Champion
this is how every new champion works

They are op, they get penta kills and carry the game

then you get a varus on your team, he has downs and feeds and blames everyone else bc he "carried" every other game he played with varus

therefore, BAN varus and any new champion after him on release day, it will help

Top Bottom