• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

Samochan

Smash Master
My wonder is why the **** shiz nor m2k hadn't banned mute city even though they don't play jiggs or any other advantageus char for peach's best stage. >_> DL64 is far better choice from the two of those for each player, shiz going falco and m2k possibly using fox. <_< I haven't been able to play mute in ages and I'm nothing compared to armada's skill level lol.

Armada would have won the "extended" set between m2k and him imo, m2k was getting visibly shaken on that last match and armada had figured him out and simply timed all his stuff better, not to mention shifted styles to take m2k off guard. I mean, who else in the world could combo 2 weak dash attacks and then strong one against marth, never having done it before and on a match this instense? Only armada. His di was also so very good that m2k had trouble comboing him off stage and ko'ing, though probably could take a match on platform stage, but also then getting counterpicked by armada to DL64 or DK64 and most likely and getting his *** camped and counters read. Then stitchfaced, cause armada has that luck on his side, getting stitches when it counts and using them well. =)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
armada vs mango matches are probably some of the best matches ive ever seen.

just my opinion tho. suppppppppper legit matches

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of Genesis footage, but some of the videos are longer than 10 minutes, which is the YouTube limit. Does anyone know of a free video editor that works with MP4 videos? I've tried VirtualDub, Windows Movie Maker, and Pinnacle Studio to no avail. I have Jman vs. Axe! but I won't be able to upload it until I find a program that can split the file into two smaller videos... :ohwell:

I am uploading Psychomidget vs. Hungrybox, Hax$ vs. Eggz, and G$ vs. Lucky now. These were all from the early rounds of the tournament singles bracket. I will edit this post with the links when they have been processed by YouTube.

More footage from all three days will be coming soon. I have tons of tournament sets, friendlies, MMs, and other random footage.

My YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/eclipsingbinary

EDIT: I found a program.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
armada vs mango matches are probably some of the best matches ive ever seen.

just my opinion tho. suppppppppper legit matches
It's not ordinary great either It's like Old School great. Like Ken vs Azen/KDJ/PC/BombSoldier. Most recent set I can think of that was that good is M2K vs DSW and SS vs Mango/Zhu. Aside from those no recent sets that I can think of were that **** good!!! I came twice watching it. :laugh:

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of Genesis footage, but some of the videos are longer than 10 minutes, which is the YouTube limit. Does anyone know of a free video editor that works with MP4 videos? I've tried VirtualDub, Windows Movie Maker, and Pinnacle Studio to no avail. I have Jman vs. Axe! but I won't be able to upload it until I find a program that can split the file into two smaller videos... :ohwell:

I am uploading Psychomidget vs. Hungrybox, Hax$ vs. Eggz, and G$ vs. Lucky now. These were all from the early rounds of the tournament singles bracket. I will edit this post with the links when they have been processed by YouTube.

More footage from all three days will be coming soon. I have tons of tournament sets, friendlies, MMs, and other random footage.

Somebody help this man!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I enjoyed PB&J's commentary. The matches were fun to watch with all those guys on commentary.

sorry but I can't say mango vs armada set is comparable to any SS vs mango / zhu sets. or comparable to any other sets period. Except for maybe DSW vs M2K at FAST1.

strawhats

Smash Master
Man m2k could have beaten armada in game 2. if he only recovered at the end after armada got hit by that car he could have capitalized and gotten the W. Good **** to Armada neway.

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Okay, TAI showed me a video converter and I'm going to use that to convert the MP4 to AVI and then split up my videos.

I have a total of 128 videos from Genesis. Not all of them are matches, but I will see what's worth sharing and try to upload about ten to fifteen videos per day until they're all done.

Again, my page is http://www.youtube.com/eclipsingbinary

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Okay, TAI showed me a video converter and I'm going to use that to convert the MP4 to AVI and then split up my videos.

I have a total of 128 videos from Genesis. Not all of them are matches, but I will see what's worth sharing and try to upload about ten to fifteen videos per day until they're all done.

Again, my page is http://www.youtube.com/eclipsingbinary
Awesome. Glad someone helped you out,

Hax vs Eggz = **** son! Hax has a FAST falcon.

mog87

Smash Ace
Seeing the Matches it seemed about even. I think had they played 3 of 5 M2K could have easily comeback....Or Armada could have made won again. 2C2C IMO. If they played again M2K might have Picked Yoshi Story and won. Then a 5th match...who the hell knows. But It could have been good.:chuckle:

So are you telling me that had it been a 3/5 that M2K or Armada would have won? Wow Way to go out on a limb for a "prediction". And Yoshi story was banned by armada anyways I believe.

And lol at best recovering falcon, what that mean you make it back to the stage an extra 1 or 2 times before immediately being knocked back off?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

EDIT: I found a program.
You obviously didn't use Pinnacle, since it CAN splice videos.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
M2K choked

Many suicides, and everything got to his head. I still think M2K is a better player and so do many people, I dunno if he would've won best 3/5 but he definitely does make comebacks so I would think so, especially considering the next cp was in his favor and he could've gone FoD, plus Dave's Rule would prevent Armada playing on his only remaining good stages, FD and Mute City (DL was banned by M2K).

Still, great set between the two, M2K's DI and tech skill was NUTS in that set.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So are you telling me that had it been a 3/5 that M2K or Armada would have won? Wow Way to go out on a limb for a "prediction". And Yoshi story was banned by armada anyways I believe.

And lol at best recovering falcon, what that mean you make it back to the stage an extra 1 or 2 times before immediately being knocked back off?
I have know Idea Wtf your talking about regarding falcon? As for the sets I'm Simply not saying 1 or the other would have won. I'm implying That they could have had a legendary 3 of 5 set like Mango and Armada had....but it wasn't finished as a 3 of 5 set. Think of it as a your favorite show getting cancelled before the finale or a great movie trilogy that's missing the last movie. :chuckle:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
M2K choked

Many suicides, and everything got to his head. I still think M2K is a better player and so do many people, I dunno if he would've won best 3/5 but he definitely does make comebacks so I would think so, especially considering the next cp was in his favor and he could've gone FoD, plus Dave's Rule would prevent Armada playing on his only remaining good stages, FD and Mute City (DL was banned by M2K).

brinsar, PS, YS, not to mention M2K would probably let him go back to FD if he really wanted.

m2k didn't play as well as armada did, plain and simple.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I already stated that lol

And after watching Mango play in winners I think he choked too, I'm too tired to cite the reasons but I'm sure everybody noticed how off and slow his Falco was, not to mention his dumb choice of using Falco and getting gimped repeatedly instead of using Jiggs as it's his best stage with her (I'm talking about Dream Land btw).

Blunted_object10

Smash Master

And after watching Mango play in winners I think he choked too, I'm too tired to cite the reasons but I'm sure everybody noticed how off and slow his Falco was, not to mention his dumb choice of using Falco and getting gimped repeatedly instead of using Jiggs as it's his best stage with her (I'm talking about Dream Land btw).
LOL... dude Armada played amazing and capitalized on Mango's mistakes and Mango played Amazing too...

Mango however in Grand finals... was EPIC!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Your classy as hell man. Please don't get a full-time job. I have had 1 for awhile. It's not good.
You're obviously not an adult, then. You have no idea how important a job is in this environment. Having a stable, full-time job is SO useful, you have no idea. I'd give anything for a stable job, seriously.

Lomo

Smash Rookie
You're obviously not an adult, then. You have no idea how important a job is in this environment. Having a stable, full-time job is SO useful, you have no idea. I'd give anything for a stable job, seriously.
What environment are you referring to?

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
I still think M2K is a better player and so do many people
Just stop with that. Like we already said, it was only ONE tournament, so don't make any judgement according to the results of it (and you were ALL (except maybe 5 people) wrong about Armada, but then you keep giving your opinion and johning). After being wrong about Armada, some American players still say stuff like "US would still **** Europe" even though they know nothing.

Just STOP.

Armada Vs Mango vids are too good.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
M2K choked

You're so ignorant. Stop johning/**** riding M2K. Just STOP.

You don't seem to comprehend how good of a player Armada is. Not to mention, if they played 3 out of 5, the CP was going to be in Armada's favor for the last round, assuming he lost the next one (lol at thinking FD favored Armada).

And as for M2K being the better player, that's actually quite debatable. I mean, Armada showed that he can compete with the top players (DSW, M2K, Mango etc.). And he did do something M2K can't even come close to doing; beat Mango. So yeah, it's debatable.

I suggest you don't brush of Armada's performance or john for his opponents because if Armada happens to come to the States again, and beat M2K again (definitely probable), it'll make you look foolish in hindsight. Kinda like how EC doubted Mango after Pound 3 only for him to come back and **** everyone again. This goes for anyone who doubts Armada.

Let's just give Armada his props and leave it at that.

Niko45

Smash Master
You're so ignorant. Stop johning/**** riding M2K. Just STOP.

You don't seem to comprehend how good of a player Armada is. Not to mention, if they played 3 out of 5, the CP was going to be in Armada's favor for the last round, assuming he lost the next one (lol at thinking FD favored Armada).

And as for M2K being the better player, that's actually quite debatable. I mean, Armada showed that he can compete with the top players (DSW, M2K, Mango etc.). And he did do something M2K can't even come close to doing; beat Mango. So yeah, it's debatable.

I suggest you don't brush of Armada's performance or john for his opponents because if Armada happens to come to the States again, and beat M2K again (definitely probable), it'll make you look foolish in hindsight. Kinda like how EC doubted Mango after Pound 3 only for him to come back and **** everyone again. This goes for anyone who doubts Armada.

Let's just give Armada his props and leave it at that.
Well, lets be fair. At pound 3 mango beat m2k in back-to-back best of 5 sets. This was one 2/3 set with a pause followed by stitch turnips in the last match. He won fair and square, but to assume he'd dominate m2k in the future like mango went on and continues to do is REALLY going out on a limb.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Well, lets be fair. At pound 3 mango beat m2k in back-to-back best of 5 sets. This was one 2/3 set with a pause followed by stitch turnips in the last match. He won fair and square, but to assume he'd dominate m2k in the future like mango went on and continues to do is REALLY going out on a limb.
10agreements

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You obviously can't detect Sarcasm :laugh: But having a full-time job does mean less time/retirement when it comes to smash. so Darkrain probably won't be smashing much longer...:(

MaNg0

Smash Hero

i didnt really choke i mean i was playing atleast 90-95 percent

with some key missed l cancels and a few stupid off the stage moves

but overall i thought we were both playing good in winners and the

set could have gone either way..... all tho i should have gone puff on dreamland

whatever .. me losing set up the comeback =DDDDD

<333 **** set

Top Bottom