• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
You're obviously not an adult, then. You have no idea how important a job is in this environment. Having a stable, full-time job is SO useful, you have no idea. I'd give anything for a stable job, seriously.
agreed ... and im only 18 and im about to get my job back at the elliot :)

jobs and school ftw

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** BRAWL

also who the hell was recording on TV 1, that's where i played literally all my matches, someone's gotta hook me up with his screen name so i can ask him where the vids are

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
You're so ignorant. Stop johning/**** riding M2K. Just STOP.

You don't seem to comprehend how good of a player Armada is. Not to mention, if they played 3 out of 5, the CP was going to be in Armada's favor for the last round, assuming he lost the next one (lol at thinking FD favored Armada).

And as for M2K being the better player, that's actually quite debatable. I mean, Armada showed that he can compete with the top players (DSW, M2K, Mango etc.). And he did do something M2K can't even come close to doing; beat Mango. So yeah, it's debatable.

I suggest you don't brush of Armada's performance or john for his opponents because if Armada happens to come to the States again, and beat M2K again (definitely probable), it'll make you look foolish in hindsight. Kinda like how EC doubted Mango after Pound 3 only for him to come back and **** everyone again. This goes for anyone who doubts Armada.

Let's just give Armada his props and leave it at that.
Already gave him his props. I just have one problem with your post. It is the statement that M2k can't even come close to beating mango. Go to east cost vs west cost crew battles. Watch that mango vs m2k match. You might learn something.

Niko45

Smash Master
Its also clear in retrospect that mute city was Armada's go-to counterpick and that not banning it was a big mistake by DSW and M2K. This was an even bigger factor bc those sets were 2/3, meaning bottom line Armada only had to win one match on a neutral or opposing counterpick to win sets. I'm assuming Mango banned Mute since Armada didn't go there, or maybe he just didn't want to fight puff on mute?

In any case the mute city matches were a complete joke. Dreamland would not have been quite that lopsided. That's a good point about m2k's fox beasting in crews. Why not go fox on mute or ban mute and go fox on DL? Just curious on this one I have no idea if that would have been better.

And just for the record I realize Armada won on both DSW and M2K's counterpicks to win those sets the guy is clearly a monster I just think there was room for improvement strategy-wise.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Its also clear in retrospect that mute city was Armada's go-to counterpick and that not banning it was a big mistake by DSW and M2K. This was an even bigger factor bc those sets were 2/3, meaning bottom line Armada only had to win one match on a neutral or opposing counterpick to win sets. I'm assuming Mango banned Mute since Armada didn't go there, or maybe he just didn't want to fight puff on mute?

In any case the mute city matches were a complete joke. Dreamland would not have been quite that lopsided. That's a good point about m2k's fox beasting in crews. Why not go fox on mute or ban mute and go fox on DL? Just curious on this one I have no idea if that would have been better.

And just for the record I realize Armada won on both DSW and M2K's counterpicks to win those sets the guy is clearly a monster I just think there was room for improvement strategy-wise.
I agree 100%. M2K's Marth played I think, absolutely perfect in his first match against Armada. Mute is just Peach's stage what are you going to do, especially when the Peach is that good. Going back to FD, I think M2K still should have had it, but RIGHT after the pause getting hit with two stitchfaces? I'm not pause johning for M2K but that was pretty gay IMO.

GOD!

Smash Ace
yeah lol i wanna see Scar and Chu
Chudat was at Genesis?

Also, why is everyone crying when one person says m2k is still the best player?

A person has the right to their own opinion. They also have the right to voice it in a respectful way.
so Kouryuu, chill out. I can say that I'm better than m2k and mango combined and I may be dead wrong and stupid, but you can't just insult someone when you disagree with their opinion. That's something you should probably learn early in life before you have to relate to people in the world as an adult..

Regardless, I think m2k didn't ban mute city cause he probably practices a lot. He almost had that match I thought until the death where he could have used dolphin slash but instead died right at the starting line. I also would have loved to see the fox come out and some waveshine to upsmash comboing. Of course getting armada on the ground and shined would be a huge effort anyway.

Samochan

Smash Master
M2k, plain and simple, got too shaken and stirred like a martini against armada. The better player also knows and can keep cool, motivation and confidence on a heated match even through setbacks, which is the reason why armada triumphed over m2k and thus is the better player overall atm, among other reasons I touched on my preceding post. One of the reasons why dutches in general are so good and better than most in europe, for example, is because they have that confidence and don't back down. If one wavers even for a moment, it'll cost a match against the best players in the world. I needn't say nothing more.

Niko45

Smash Master
I noticed that M2K was straight up destroying Armada with a blatant fsmash approach early in the first match. I never really saw him get punished for it so I can't figure out why he stopped doing it like halfway through the match, which coincidentally was about when Armada started to look like he was in complete control. I mean I'm not that good, so I'm prolly missing some adjustment Armada made I guess but I thought that was weird. I mean m2k was KILLING with it.

tasertaser

Smash Cadet
lol good peaches don't counterpick dreamland. that's so 2006; DL64 is no longer a great peach stage.

it's brinstar or mute city. brinstar is gay as **** so i understand choosing mute over brinstar

Scar

#HarveyDent
we didn't do it. but we should have and if chu were there IMO we would have won and since he wasn't i'm glad we didn't do it b/c imo we would have lost

jugfingers

Smash Champion
M2K choked

Many suicides, and everything got to his head. I still think M2K is a better player and so do many people

better at what? winning? apparently not lol.

I agree 100%. M2K's Marth played I think, absolutely perfect in his first match against Armada. Mute is just Peach's stage what are you going to do, especially when the Peach is that good. Going back to FD, I think M2K still should have had it, but RIGHT after the pause getting hit with two stitchfaces? I'm not pause johning for M2K but that was pretty gay IMO.
yea you are pause johning......lol

I noticed that M2K was straight up destroying Armada with a blatant fsmash approach early in the first match. I never really saw him get punished for it so I can't figure out why he stopped doing it like halfway through the match, which coincidentally was about when Armada started to look like he was in complete control. I mean I'm not that good, so I'm prolly missing some adjustment Armada made I guess but I thought that was weird. I mean m2k was KILLING with it.
uhh he wasn't playing a level 1 cpu dude, only falco can chu chu train that ****.

armada is really good, on par with m2k and mango, just get over it lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just looked at the picture on the first post again and realized....

Isai made it into the pic too. xD

shalom

Smash Journeyman
The South had a plan for every scenario so, chu or no chu, the South would have won or at least I think we would have lol But you are right chu would have made a big difference depending on who he was sent in against or who the south sent in against him.

Vro

Smash Lord
Waffles, thank you so much for uploading so many videos today. I caught wind of the session and was first view on a few. Zhu played amazing against M2K.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Well, lets be fair. At pound 3 mango beat m2k in back-to-back best of 5 sets. This was one 2/3 set with a pause followed by stitch turnips in the last match. He won fair and square, but to assume he'd dominate m2k in the future like mango went on and continues to do is REALLY going out on a limb.
I didn't say "Armada was better." I said it's debatable. I said, it's best to keep your mouths shut because if Armada does come back and beat M2K again, it's going to make you look really bad (I was referring to AfterDawn in my initial post).

As far as the pause went, I'm pretty sure Armada and M2K were both ready to play when he un-paused it. And let's not use the stichface as a john (not saying that you are). I mean, the match wasn't close or anything. Armada convincingly beat M2K with two stocks. So I doubt not drawing the stichface was going to make much of a difference.

Already gave him his props. I just have one problem with your post. It is the statement that M2k can't even come close to beating mango. Go to east cost vs west cost crew battles. Watch that mango vs m2k match. You might learn something.
LOL using a Crew battle (ONE MATCH) as evidence is not viable at all.

The matches on Mute City weren't a joke at all. I mean, that's what a counterpick is for. And yes, Armada did **** them on their CP so no johns whatsoever. And look at M2K's CP, FD. The very stage that he beat Armada in the first round (and Armada didn't even have to go to FD since it was against the rules but he agreed to it anyway).

If you watch all the sets Armada played, you'll notice one thing he has that's better than M2K's and rivals that of Mango's; his ability to adapt.

It's not a coincidence that he lost first round in all the sets that he played and ended up ****** them in the rounds that followed.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Am I missing something or did Armada beat Mango??
Because in the Genesis results it shows Mango beat Armada

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sooooooooooooo OK

For 1

DSW is still the Best Falco, but prob tied w/ Mango now

M2K, Mango and Armada are prob all on the same level. The margin of victory that Armada had over M2K wasn't really that big. The match could have easily gone either way. In all honesty ODDS ARE THAT M2K would have came back and won that set considering the fact that he has 3 chars to choose from to switch up his strategy. Mango is still ranked number 1 in the world. Although I have no idea how M2K lost 2 Zhu. I do kno that Hbox owns all FL Falco's. Although DSW and him go back and forth.

DSW is not far behind them

followed by every1 else

1 thing that we have learned is that there needs to be at least 1 event every year where we get teh best players from all over the world in 1 tourney. And we also need to figure out how to get sponsors & MLG to back us all up :-/

I edited this just 4 U Trahh....

Niko45

Smash Master
As far as being one of the top pros, it's pretty obvious Armada proved that. As far as being on M2K's level I think there's a ton left to be proven. I mean it's not about johning for m2k it just plain and simple wasn't that convincing of a victory. M2k didn't get ***** in a match he was winning and in control of and then somehow lost 2 stock 184% while his other loss is a 1 stock on mute city.

Mango >>>>>>>>>>>M2K >>>>>Armada

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
In all honesty M2K would have came back and won that set considering the fact that he has 3 chars to choose from to switch up his strategy
i think it's stupid that you're literally just saying it like it's a fact, when it's basically just your assumption. pretty sure m2k chose the characters he felt he had the best chance with in the 3 matches he played.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
no i played him at a biweekly

if chu was @ genesis EC would have beaten south IMO

as it stood i'm pretty sure south would have ***** us
I actually think the guys that were at Genesis EC vs South.. It would of been a tight match.

Also... who gives a **** who's placed above who amongst the top 3 player.. M2k, Mango, Armada... Alright, they are AMAZING. Why do people argue about that?? When someone wins a tournament then he wins, he gets crazy respect, $$$ and all that and that's it. =P

How about instead of everyone johning at who's at the top... why don't you at least try to do something about it and stop being so **** envious.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
As far as being one of the top pros, it's pretty obvious Armada proved that. As far as being on M2K's level I think there's a ton left to be proven. I mean it's not about johning for m2k it just plain and simple wasn't that convincing of a victory. M2k didn't get ***** in a match he was winning and in control of and then somehow lost 2 stock 184% while his other loss is a 1 stock on mute city.

Mango >>>>>>>>>>>M2K >>>>>Armada
I can see how you could think that, but M2K didn't convincingly beat Armada in that set either. All the games were close.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I feel bad for Hbox + Zhu. You two are sick!

Everyone pretends that they didn't place higher than m2k or something. I <3 m2k and everything, but until he proves himself again, can all you nuthuggers lay off? He got beat. Even he didn't john, I don't see why all of you guys are for him. He got beat fair and square with his the character he thought was his best bet. Even if he won game 4, it would have been Armada's CP game 5.

NICE play Zhu against m2k!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I feel bad for Hbox + Zhu. You two are sick!

Everyone pretends that they didn't place higher than m2k or something. I <3 m2k and everything, but until he proves himself again, can all you nuthuggers lay off? He got beat. Even he didn't john, I don't see why all of you guys are for him. He got beat fair and square with his the character he thought was his best bet. Even if he won game 4, it would have been Armada's CP game 5.

NICE play Zhu against m2k!
agreed. zhu did amazing, same with everyone else who placed.

m2k also knows how to post on the forums, so until he starts johning for himself, i don't think anyone should really be making excuses for him.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I can see how you could think that, but M2K didn't convincingly beat Armada in that set either. All the games were close.
lol @ people. Armada beat m2k, yet he didn't prove himself and still is worse than him. What else can the kid do?

It was pretty obvious throughout every one of Armada's set that he adapts better than m2k. Mango proved that adaptation is more important than being perfectly tech, robot, whatever.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
LOL using a Crew battle (ONE MATCH) as evidence is not viable at all.
It is for what I was proving wrong. What was said was that Armada did something that M2k can't do. Since M2k can obviously come close to winning at the very least, then the entire statement is shown to be wrong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like how you quote someone who shares your opinion and then act as if you're disagreeing with someone.
^@Tr3MoR^

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
In the end M2K lost, that's it , If he choked have him say it for him self. No offense to m2k but im happy that Armada won cause this just means there players we have and haven't heard of who can go win against such good players. Armada won this time but he may not next time or he may, depends on how M2K plays he has to change his game up and leave brawl. and if armada can keep his game up. Ether way it was a great tourney will unexpected results.

Good **** Armada

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
ANYWAYZZ!!!

Got some good news for you hungry video people.
I just found another source of recorded games (NO CAMERA). He is still uploading more vids as we speak. Tourney sets including Hax vs Lovage games and more.

I stumbled upon his acct when I was searching for my tourney set at Genesis vs Phil.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DVCrecROOM

Top Bottom