• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I know I've said this but.

Scar and Hax's falcon's are SO fast. Just as quick as darkrain + SS. I am loving watching some new falcons. Scars combo at the end of the Shroomed MM g2 is...mad cute?
SS' Falcon isn't that fast, but he has a lot of mindgames

But fast and flashy =/= good, hope you realize this

but yes, I agree, Scar and Hax are fast, I just don't like how Hax messes up during combos and kind of...stutters. I don't know how to put it but yeah

B_AWAL

Smash Master
If M2K had won, it would have been like : "M2K is better than Armada because he won once against him"
But obviously, Armada won so it's like : "M2K is still better than Armada".

Conclusion : M2K is better than Armada because M2K is American.
Melee has so many diff probabilities factored into the game. In my opinion M2K would have won 6 out of 10 matches or more had he and Armada played that much.

i think it's stupid that you're literally just saying it like it's a fact, when it's basically just your assumption.
I didn't mean 4 that 2 come off as a fact. It was an assumption and I edited it just 4 U :)

I think I'm slightly better than Armada cuz I use more characters well than him (and better characters), and I think I can win next time (I guess Pound4 we will see, maybe), but we're basically the same level. I was originally going to go Fox on Corneria the 3rd game since he picked a "gay" stage Mute City to counter gayness with gayness (imo) but then I decided against it cuz I felt it was too cheap. It was a dumb decision. I wish I could have tried out my other characters, but it was my own fault. Our rematch should be interesting, although I'm still not sure who to use. My Sheik, Fox, and Peach dittos would do more or less the same as my Marth would most likely, it's just I'm not sure which to use.

Personal opinion
1) mango
2) me
3) armada
4) jman
5) shiz/hbox

then other top players like zhu and some others right after that

it's debatable obviously this is just what I think right now

btw Vidjo is still really good I think he's 2nd best peach after armada

I don't really care though after herb2 is over this weekend I'm prolly not practicing melee for a while until just before pound4; I'm just bored so I'm telling my opinion
Shiz > Hbox only cuz Hbox can beat Shiz but not other people as well. For example for some odd reason Colbol has HBOX's number(Idk Y)

N Possibly Shiz over Jman but I don't pay as much attention to JMAN as I do SHIZ

On another note, R U Sure u wanna NOT practice Melee and Just Brawl? And are U still up for that 500 dollar MM challenge to ANY FL smasher?
Cuz I'm NOT GONNA DO IT!!! LMAO!!!:chuckle:

BTW, Are other pro players like Chu and PC Chris still playing? Wut happened to dem?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
It's when people make statements like this that you know they're a noob. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure you're the noob here. Watch SS' style of play, instead of focusing on being as fast as he possibly can, it looks like he's focusing more on prediction and anticipation on what his opponents will do.

Also, you joined in August 2008. Scrub.

P.S. Yeah Chu still plays, but PC quit.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U kno, 1 reason why people prob don't wanna go to Brawl tourneys where there are also Melee tourneys is cuz Melee ONLY players are mostly D*CKHEADS...

Jus sayin that it's kinda irritating to have sum1 come up to U or posts on the boards so much that a game u enjoy sucks. I mean I enjoy both games(Mainly cuz I'm a big Sonic Fan but w/ ever)

Play Brawl M2K n Make easy money

And learn to respect people no matter what game they playin, we all love p*ssy anyways
Besides, Women seem to like Brawl more than Melee. :-p

Most importantly - Dang what other pro's retired???????

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this is the melee video subforum
you can't really come in here and then act all surprised when people here dislike Brawl.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Probably not much, doesn't he live in Sweden?
Never spoke to armada specifically, but scandinavians are usually pretty good at english (imagine more than half of your tv being in a foreign - yet similar - language with subtitles). Plus he goes to tournaments in other countries so he probably has to speak english pretty often. I think it was moreso just an assumption that he may have misunderstood something because he agreed to play a stage he didn't have to.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Never spoke to armada specifically, but scandinavians are usually pretty good at english (imagine more than half of your tv being in a foreign - yet similar - language with subtitles). Plus he goes to tournaments in other countries so he probably has to speak english pretty often. I think it was moreso just an assumption that he may have misunderstood something because he agreed to play a stage he didn't have to.
That perhaps could've been the case. I don't really want to get into the talk about them playing best 2/3 instead of 3/5, mostly for the reason that I'll get flamed for my opinion...but I honestly think they should've played it out. It's almost as if Armada's achievement was tainted because of DBR, because I'm sure Armada would've been willing to continue the set but DBR refused to let them. If M2K won, then I guess USA could've been happy that their robot beat Armada lol, and if Armada won, then it would be impressive that they continued the set and Armada still won, which would completely prove what Europe has been cracking Armada to be.

Regardless, I think the set was still good, but...a best 3/5 definitely could have been more epic and enjoyable to watch.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
yeh true, in a different type of forum i go on, literally every swede, dane, norweigan etc has perfectly typed english, and they all speak it out loud pretty well though.

saying that, in HMW commentary diddnt he say armada's english wasnt great? (asked armada his age and he replied 'yes')

armada understood the reason for the pause, the TO just wanted to make sure he fully understood that he ddnt have to go back to FD

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Haha, that's actually pretty funny.
Armada's english is pretty good. He's been improving a lot recently. We visited San Fran with him and Aniolas, and we didn't have any problem. He's still not as good as the usual Scandinavian guy yet (trust me, Scandinavians and Dutches just **** when it comes to speak english), but he didn't have any trouble understanding the rules (we use it in Europe too anyway).
I think that Boback made the assumption he didn't understand it/wasn't familiar with it.

As for what happened with HMW... don't forget that since english is your mother tongue, you speak really fast and it's not always easy to understand, especially in a noisy place.

Lomo

Smash Rookie
yeh true, in a different type of forum i go on, literally every swede, dane, norweigan etc has perfectly typed english, and they all speak it out loud pretty well though.

saying that, in HMW commentary diddnt he say armada's english wasnt great? (asked armada his age and he replied 'yes')

armada understood the reason for the pause, the TO just wanted to make sure he fully understood that he ddnt have to go back to FD
What game was this from?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I see no sarcasm. Only idiocy.
I can't help it if you misunderstood what I was saying but it wasn't directed at you in anyways:ohwell:. However it does seem as though I've struck a nerve of a few people. Forgive me for being insensitive folks But I've had the same job for so long I almost forgot that in other places Unemployment is much worse and jobs, especially full-time jobs aren't as easy to find anymore. I've been at EBGames (Which became Gamestop) For the past 2 1/2 years while going to College Full-Time also. Outside of studying you have a total of about 2 hours to yourself. If your in a relationship you have no time to yourself. It's necessary but stressful:dizzy:. Once you get into a cycle like that you can forget all about smash. Well at least until the summer.;)

Again sorry for the lack of sensitivity on my part.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Haha, that's actually pretty funny.
That moment was hilarious. We were all making eye contact with him when we asked him that . The ***** had a real confident look when he answered YES!, as if he completely knew what we had asked him.Lol we was all like YES? wtf? Yes what? We asked how old you are lol. We never got that answer at that time.I spoke wit him after tourney was over and he definitely speaks ok English for sure. Swedish ppl are taught english in school.Btw, he looked alot like M2K in his younger days.I shall beat all sheiks with bowser someday lol.

Linguini

Smash Master
Big ups to all the peeps that recorded,its great to see all these epic *** matches.

Waffles,I didnt see me and xelic vs mango and lucky on your account, we played on the projector so it shouldve been recorded.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Outside of studying you have a total of about 2 hours to yourself. If your in a relationship you have no time to yourself. It's necessary but stressful:dizzy:. Once you get into a cycle like that you can forget all about smash. Well at least until the summer.;)
Thats very true. I go to college full time, work 40 hours a week, try to maintain a relationship, and still practice card magic, MMA, program, origami, and have time to spend with friends. But thats why you double or triple up on stuff :D I practice card magic while out with friends, try to get my GF to come out with me and friends, and just spar random, people from here to there. And sleep!? Who needs that any more (first night of Genesis anyone?) :p

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, that sucks. :( But didn't Canada still **** at crews? I heard we got 3rd or something. I'm guessing East Coast got 1st and West Coast got 2nd?
Canada would have had to play the West Coast Crew for 3rd place with the loser getting 4th and the South Crew would have most likely beaten the East Coast Crew for first, but those matches never happened. lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Thats very true. I go to college full time, work 40 hours a week, try to maintain a relationship, and still practice card magic, MMA, program, origami, and have time to spend with friends. But thats why you double or triple up on stuff :D I practice card magic while out with friends, try to get my GF to come out with me and friends, and just spar random, people from here to there. And sleep!? Who needs that any more (first night of Genesis anyone?) :p
Well I learned my lesson. First year I got a random Schedule and payed a seeeerious price! However stacking up on thing is what I do but as a Result I'm addicted to energy drinks and I sleep an average of 3 hours per day:laugh:. I can do survive doing it but I'm not sure if everyone's cut out for that kinda lifestyle. At this rate I fear I'll die before the age of 50. :(

PS. You train MMA? ****in sweet! I don't train anything anymore but I still watch any and all MMA/combat sports.

PSS. Some of these matches should have been on ESPN!!!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Well I learned my lesson. First year I got a random Schedule and payed a seeeerious price! However stacking up on thing is what I do but as a Result I'm addicted to energy drinks and I sleep an average of 3 hours per day:laugh:. I can do survive doing it but I'm not sure if everyone's cut out for that kinda lifestyle. At this rate I fear I'll die before the age of 50. :(

PS. You train MMA? ****in sweet! I don't train anything anymore but I still watch any and all MMA/combat sports.

PSS. Some of these matches should have been on ESPN!!!
Sad fact is I would survive off of energy drinks but I gave up carbonated drinks (sodas too) for training purposes :(

3 hours... luxury
haha kidding. What tends to happen to me is that during the week I'll get 4 or 5 hours a night then on a weekend that I dont work I'll sleep for 12 hours or so :p

Not healthy if you plan to live to be 100. A report said that you should consistently get 8 hours every night. The next report I read for my article was that getting 8 hours will kill you and it should be 7 a night. Funny how that works :p

And yes I do train in MMA, Taekwondo, and sports in general. I used to be really puggy until one day I just got up and started training :p Heres a clip of me teaching Taj how to throw a knee while at Genesis (we were slap boxing and messing around)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6MwrB1_AaM

Although standardly when throwing knees you want both arms wrapped around the neck so as to better shift and control their weight and body, I took more of a wrestling hold so that free arm of his wouldnt smack me :p (my twin and I wrestled for about 10 years)

And watching MMA is awesome! Lesnar vs Mir anyone?

And its true some of these matches should have been on ESPN! Being there was so intense O.o

GOD!

Smash Ace
And yes I do train in MMA, Taekwondo, and sports in general. I used to be really puggy until one day I just got up and started training :p Heres a clip of me teaching Taj how to throw a knee while at Genesis (we were slap boxing and messing around)

Although standardly when throwing knees you want both arms wrapped around the neck so as to better shift and control their weight and body, I took more of a wrestling hold so that free arm of his wouldnt smack me :p (my twin and I wrestled for about 10 years)

And its true some of these matches should have been on ESPN! Being there was so intense O.o
Where did you wrestle? I wrestled for 5 years and went a lot of places around the south, and what weight were you?

I also thought that you needed to have control of at least one arm before throwing a knee cause if both arms were free they could grab it, plus you couldn't control where their body went. Im not that tall so a knee against a really tall guys head is something I don't do at all though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Sad fact is I would survive off of energy drinks but I gave up carbonated drinks (sodas too) for training purposes :(

You could have easily just said Normally you use the Muy Thai clinch. LOL but that vid was funny.

as for the E-drinks the 5 hour energy and 6 hour power aren't nearly as damaging as Rockstar, Red bull, Amp...etc.

Mir got SMASHED! But The best part to me was when Henderson Falcon PAWNCHED!!! Bisping and Knocked him TFO!!!

I'm not sure if there are awards on Smashboards but we should have annual awards threads or something. So far I think Set of the year is undoubtedly Armada vs Mango. Comeback of the year and upset of the year are toss ups :chuckle:

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
i want to know who the G dawg is thats taking a siesta to the right of those three

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Where did you wrestle? I wrestled for 5 years and went a lot of places around the south, and what weight were you?

I also thought that you needed to have control of at least one arm before throwing a knee cause if both arms were free they could grab it, plus you couldn't control where their body went. Im not that tall so a knee against a really tall guys head is something I don't do at all though.
Spam_Arrows said:
You could have easily just said Normally you use the Muy Thai clinch. LOL but that vid was funny.

as for the E-drinks the 5 hour energy and 6 hour power aren't nearly as damaging as Rockstar, Red bull, Amp...etc.

Mir got SMASHED! But The best part to me was when Henderson Falcon PAWNCHED!!! Bisping and Knocked him TFO!!!

I'm not sure if there are awards on Smashboards but we should have annual awards threads or something. So far I think Set of the year is undoubtedly Armada vs Mango. Comeback of the year and upset of the year are toss ups
I wrestled at Rio Rancho High in New Mexico and I was at 140 my first 2 years and then at 145 my last two. I didn't wrestle in college because I stayed in state so instead I took up MMA training.

And to throw a knee into the side a muay thai clinch is awesome but not necessary. Its hard to fight back tho when your head is facing your feet and knees are being pummled into you. You want to punch but your arms need to block the impacts. Its all about timing and against faster people it SUCKS!!! However when I just held the one arm of his and the other around the neck, I could have just as easily thrown him to the side and grabbed him from behind (as I demonstrated Thursday night before genesis when my brother and I did a self defense seminar of sorts outside of the ramada lol). Another option would have been to control and shift his weight around and land an elbow if he fell into the trap of moving towards the arm. Again tho that vid posted is just us messing around (if you couldnt tell).

And all those fights were amazing! Although I knew Mir was going to lose, I still wanted him to win because he's always been one of my favorite fighters (him and Forrest Griffin make up my top 2). Rashad evans is cool but that may be biased because I met him (he lives in New Mexico along with other fighters such as Holly Holme and Keith Jardene).

And Mango is right Grand Finals was sick!!! The last match was the only one not close. When people started chanting 4 stock it was great! My brother and I were the ones that started throwing mango into the air (Tw1n originally was goign to put Mango on his shoulders until I yelled throw him lol)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@ Twin A. Mir is good but I just Think Brock is a his Counter-pick. He was winning until he (SD'd) plus mazz (paused) the match and took away a point which was kinda bogus IMO but it is what it is. That aside I can't believe you met rashad. My older bro has the same name so we war rooting for him when Machida Pwned(4-stocked) him.:( Outside of Ufc What other MMA Organizations do you watch?

@ MaNg0 I can't wait to see GF's so...you 4 stocked him the last match?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
**** binary, keep all these matches comin!

Serious props to all the people that are uploading, ignorance, hmw, binary, etc. There is enough videos going up to keep my occupied for a longgg time.

Top Bottom