• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
As far as being one of the top pros, it's pretty obvious Armada proved that. As far as being on M2K's level I think there's a ton left to be proven. I mean it's not about johning for m2k it just plain and simple wasn't that convincing of a victory. M2k didn't get ***** in a match he was winning and in control of and then somehow lost 2 stock 184% while his other loss is a 1 stock on mute city.

Mango >>>>>>>>>>>M2K >>>>>Armada
Terrible logic is terrible. I swear, people who john about M2K have just as bad logic as he does. :laugh:

It is for what I was proving wrong. What was said was that Armada did something that M2k can't do. Since M2k can obviously come close to winning at the very least, then the entire statement is shown to be wrong.
You didn't prove anything wrong. To beat someone means to beat them in a tournament set. A single round in crews doesn't mean much. So my statement still stands, since M2K hasn't beaten Mango in a tournament set since SCC I believe (he didn't take any sets off Mango at Pound 3). And on top of that, Mango didn't go Puff. :laugh:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I like how you quote someone who shares your opinion and then act as if you're disagreeing with someone.
^@Tr3MoR^
Correct. He quoted the person that I was referring to. He obviously holds the same opinion as me and would see that. It was more of a comment to Kaze... and I didn't feel like going back a page and quoting the original post. I'm lazy.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
If M2K had won, it would have been like : "M2K is better than Armada because he won once against him"
But obviously, Armada won so it's like : "M2K is still better than Armada".

Conclusion : M2K is better than Armada because M2K is American.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
If M2K had won, it would have been like : "M2K is better than Armada because he won once against him"
But obviously, Armada won so it's like : "M2K is still better than Armada because Armada paused".

Conclusion : M2K is better than Armada because Armada paused.
Fixed for accuracy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think that m2k and armada are of similar skill levels. all 3 matches were pretty close so it's tough to say which is better.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, on his last stock, Armada only got hit twice (or three times) because he paused earlier, my bad.

Stop talking **** seriously. We don't care about who is the best between them (and we don't know who it is) so just stop.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
you know why he paused right?
he was told to pause so they could figure out how many games they played, and they came to the agreement of 2/3

also they were at diff sides of the stage so didnt matter

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
you know why he paused right?
he was told to pause so they could figure out how many games they played, and they came to the agreement of 2/3

also they were at diff sides of the stage so didnt matter
They never agreed to 2/3, they just played through what they thought was the official rules, then they figured out after it was supposed to be 3/5.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
oo i saw or heard, read somewhere they agreed to 2/3, maybe they were mistaken
The way it was told to me is that they did not know it was 3/5 until after it was finished, but since they played it like a 2/3, they agreed to not redo it or anything.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
They never agreed to 2/3, they just played through what they thought was the official rules, then they figured out after it was supposed to be 3/5.
Actually our crew got bull****ted quite hard because we were lied to with the rules. They were saying you can't CP stages, only random. And then on the WC vs EC crew battle, I saw some Mute City and Brinstar. I thought in crews you were only allowed to CP neutral stages such as Yoshi's, BF and FoD. Next time if something likes this happens again, I'm going to seriously punch someone for lying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the reason that Armada paused in Game 3 is that a TO was confused as to why M2K CP'd Final Destination when he won on FD during game 1, which, according to Dave's Stupid Rule (if you listen to the commentary you'll hear a mention of "DSR,"; this is what it is referring to) is not allowed. I believe Armada stated it was fine after that, and they resumed.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Actually our crew got bull****ted quite hard because we were lied to with the rules. They were saying you can't CP stages, only random. And then on the WC vs EC crew battle, I saw some Mute City and Brinstar. I thought in crews you were only allowed to CP neutral stages such as Yoshi's, BF and FoD. Next time if something likes this happens again, I'm going to seriously punch someone for lying.
Ouch, that sucks. :( But didn't Canada still **** at crews? I heard we got 3rd or something. I'm guessing East Coast got 1st and West Coast got 2nd?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I think I'm slightly better than Armada cuz I use more characters well than him (and better characters), and I think I can win next time (I guess Pound4 we will see, maybe), but we're basically the same level. I was originally going to go Fox on Corneria the 3rd game since he picked a "gay" stage Mute City to counter gayness with gayness (imo) but then I decided against it cuz I felt it was too cheap. It was a dumb decision. I wish I could have tried out my other characters, but it was my own fault. Our rematch should be interesting, although I'm still not sure who to use. My Sheik, Fox, and Peach dittos would do more or less the same as my Marth would most likely, it's just I'm not sure which to use.

Personal opinion
1) mango
2) me
3) armada
4) jman
5) shiz/hbox

then other top players like zhu and some others right after that

it's debatable obviously this is just what I think right now

btw Vidjo is still really good I think he's 2nd best peach after armada

I don't really care though after herb2 is over this weekend I'm prolly not practicing melee for a while until just before pound4; I'm just bored so I'm telling my opinion

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think I'm slightly better than Armada cuz I use more characters well than him (and better characters), and I think I can win next time (I guess Pound4 we will see, maybe), but we're basically the same level. I was originally going to go Fox on Corneria the 3rd game since he picked a "gay" stage Mute City to counter gayness with gayness (imo) but then I decided against it cuz I felt it was too cheap. It was a dumb decision. I wish I could have tried out my other characters, but it was my own fault. Our rematch should be interesting, although I'm still not sure who to use. My Sheik, Fox, and Peach dittos would do more or less the same as my Marth would most likely, it's just I'm not sure which to use.

Personal opinion
1) mango
2) me
3) armada
4) jman
5) shiz/hbox

I don't really care though after herb2 is over this weekend I'm prolly not practicing melee for a while until just before pound4; I'm just bored so I'm telling my opinion
I am going to beat you next time!!! I'm going to refine my decisions. =P

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I personally (For the first time in the history of ever) agree with m2k's list, although since I'm nowhere near it don't care all that much.

Jason Zimmermansonsonson - Teach me how to use sheik's chain plzzz?

Its so funny and and and.. no one will tell me the mechanics of it =(.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
This one time, I fsmashed Kage with sheik.

And it was so ferocious, that Kage dropped his controller, screamed WTF then just hit me with something(probably fair).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm beating m2k's everything
with donkey kong
pound 4
watch out

idea

Smash Master
characters
marth seems like your best choice to me...

armada probably gets enough sheik practice cause of amsah, and i don't see you having the patience to play a peach with your fox. plus i can just see him comboing the crap out of anyone's spacies, and you seem to not play fox much.

if you pick sheik, though, needles would probably help a lot...

x After Dawn x

Smash Master

Personal opinion
1) mango
2) me
3) armada
4) jman
5) shiz/hbox

1. Drop Brawl
2. Get godlike at Melee again
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!

Literally profit.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
we should get the old pros back in and have them become better so m2k be like"no i is best in smash" and train and get better and quit brawl...lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
competitive barwl is phasing out. it had a whopping 2 more people than Melee at genesis.
when melee > brawl in both fun and entrants, m2k will have to go to melee =D

Anth0ny

Smash Master
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes

You don't need Brawl practice. You're guaranteed first at every tournament! (except the odd time when 'you know who' attends, and even still, you beat him at Evo lol).

You have more rivals now! It started with Mango and only Mango, but now Armada beat you! And Zhu! And Kage is going to **** you next time!

Okay I might be wrong about one of those :laugh:

Nonetheless, I'm def playing Melee against you when you come to Canada with Anti for Havoc. I don't care if you JV5 me.

strawhats

Smash Master
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes

You don't need Brawl practice. You're guaranteed first at every tournament! (except the odd time when 'you know who' attends, and even still, you beat him at Evo lol).

You have more rivals now! It started with Mango and only Mango, but now Armada beat you! And Zhu! And Kage is going to **** you next time!

Okay I might be wrong about one of those :laugh:

Nonetheless, I'm def playing Melee against you when you come to Canada with Anti for Havoc. I don't care if you JV5 me.
Trust me m2k ***** Kage w/. shiek its just too good and not to put a damper on zhu's accomplishment cause the dude was playing out of his mind but m2k is still better than him. As for Armada and mango id say those two are about even and m2k is on par w/. armada.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I have to agree with M2K's top three

Not sure after that though, Hungrybox is definitely beast but I think Shiz is definitely underrated in M2K's eyes and should be 4th instead of Jman.

Then again, we may not know Jman's full potential until Pound 4 cause he lost his controller and had to use someone else's at Genesis lol

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I know I've said this but.

Scar and Hax's falcon's are SO fast. Just as quick as darkrain + SS. I am loving watching some new falcons. Scars combo at the end of the Shroomed MM g2 is...mad cute?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord

Personal opinion
1) mango
2) me
3) armada
4) jman
5) shiz/hbox

Wha? That's not what you told me at the hotel. You said to me that you wanted to practice brawl less because you didn't like how it was affecting your melee playing.

Top Bottom