• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah easy with every char, I'll learn it before next tourny for everyone to see

also zero, you said insta- throw...... I think it's just a normal throw lol.

Zero

Smash Hero
Ah my mistake. There's two throws. One is a normal throw, one is an airdodge catch + throw. Timing is so strict on it though :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
My char throws items for living bro, course i know of them both lol.

Was just sayin coz like in that vid, the zss I think was ff z catching and throwing it. Insta throwing maybe a bit to linear... But yeah I not sure

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah he can, but he can also just be holding a nana, then qac -> footstool -> throw nana down and repeat =]

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tibs should be banning fd against people soon lol. doesnt work for snake/falco, and ics have something better anyway.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Zero, is ZSS's pummel infinite on wario legal? I'd need to exert an infinite amount of patience to execute it also xD

Timing out Tedeth's Wario would be the most satisfying experience ^.^

Zero

Smash Hero
Pummel infinite is a standing infinite, so it depends whether or not it's legal in the specific tournament you're entering.

tedeth

Smash Master
What? How does this infinte work?

I was under the belief that only ness/lucas could be ground release infinited.

EDIT: Are you confusing Wario's air release animation with Ness and Lucas' ground release animation?

Zero

Smash Hero
No, ZSS has an air release infinite on Wario. So essentially it's pummel + wait infinite. EVEN WORSE than a pummel infinite.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
No, ZSS has an air release infinite on Wario. So essentially it's pummel + wait infinite. EVEN WORSE than a pummel infinite.
i would like to see a video of this. although i have already seen the grab release --> dsmash --> pivot grab infinite, though.

MTGod

Smash Champion
MLG Update: Judge got last place. He was arrested. Lol
Arrested for what :O???

Anyway, I really don't understand why Nintendo didn't let them broadcast... What possible reason could they have for not letting an established successful video game competition stream their game??? From my perspective, it offers free marketing... FREE marketing... Just doesn't make sense (albeit from a consumer's point of view :p)

Melancholy

Smash Ace
It's not the sort of marketing Nintendo wants. Nintendo is obviously very geared towards a casual market at the moment, they want their games to be seen as fun for everyone. Last thing they want is for one of their major franchises to be seen as overly competitive.

S.D

Smash Master
It's not the sort of marketing Nintendo wants. Nintendo is obviously very geared towards a casual market at the moment, they want their games to be seen as fun for everyone. Last thing they want is for one of their major franchises to be seen as overly competitive.
True, competitive smash was something Sakurai never wanted, so he tried to take the competitive edge out of Brawl. imo he more or less succeeded but people took it on as a serious fighter anyway. That being said I think nintendo will give them the rights, they did for melee idk what's changed apart from their target market, who probably wouldn't know the first thing about competitive gaming anyway.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
so basically, they only want ******s playing their games

I mean why would you want to purposely take out something that didn't affect casual gaming, but gave more sales towards competitive players.

MTGod

Smash Champion
There's more ******s in the world than there are competitive gamers :(

Anyway, I see where you're coming from, but also agree with SD's point about the target market - I really don't a) see the elderly gamers picking up Brawl, b) think the younger casual gamers would be search up MLG let alone know what it is, and c) think the younger casual gamers that DO find out about competitive brawl will necessarily be turned off from the game :p

Regarding point (c) I haven't met one casual gamer that got turned OFF from Brawl after finding out there is a competitive scene - they either shrugged it off or felt inclined to try it out... Same with Halo and Street Fighter... Nintendo's being way too cautious
or paranoid :p
I believe...

Now I end not contributing to the conversation :p

Top Bottom