• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i got this thing on my wii when MK is in play i get a disk read error idk how i got it.

and upload the brawl finals /

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol @ Deadly Alliance

I don't think your tactics should be banned because I've been beating them since pre-release tournaments. You play gay, but it's also smart, and you show good teamwork. It's not that hard to work again and it's obviously not broken if me and Atomsk and me and Bum beat it.

Anyone crying that your tactics should be banned is a crybaby scrub.

Snakeee

Smash Master
lol @ Deadly Alliance

I don't think your tactics should be banned because I've been beating them since pre-release tournaments. You play gay, but it's also smart, and you show good teamwork. It's not that hard to work again and it's obviously not broken if me and Atomsk and me and Bum beat it.

Anyone crying that your tactics should be banned is a crybaby scrub.
You're such a hypocrite Inui. You only think whatever effects you is cheap and ban-worthy. I am 100% sure that if you had lost to Wes and Dire you would be going a lot further in saying it should be banned than me.

bajisci

Smash Ace
there is nothing wrong with the tactic they use it is not THAT gay and can be overcome and avoided, this is coming from someone that lost to it

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're such a hypocrite Inui. You only think whatever effects you is cheap and ban-worthy. I am 100% sure that if you had lost to Wes and Dire you would be going a lot further in saying it should be banned than me.
Except simply acknowledging the gayness of their tactic and using my brain to work around it has made my team win literally every time. There are many ways around it. Your team should have split them up and had Nick target Wes while you camped against Dire. You should have stayed apart when they had the bucket full so they couldn't get you both at once. Nick used tornado stupidly and got hit with the bucket after it. You guys made plenty of mistakes.

Now, if you're trying to compare this to what happened to me on Rainbow Cruise with Ksizzle, it's quite different. I have won and lost based almost entirely on that stage countless times. I'm not going to deal with that on my own turf. I'm ok with dealing with that stage at other tournaments, but not when I can make the rules. I view that stage as stupid and think it's too silly for competitive play. It decides the outcome of matches too often. Now, replace "Rainbow Cruise" with "Frigate Orpheon" to get my explanation for that ban as well.

I wouldn't try to get a perfectly beatable tactic banned even if I lost to it. Dire and Wes have never placed higher than 3rd at an actually big/hard tournament because they lose to teams that acknowledge and stop their tactic.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Except simply acknowledging the gayness of their tactic and using my brain to work around it has made my team win literally every time. There are many ways around it. Your team should have split them up and had Nick target Wes while you camped against Dire. You should have stayed apart when they had the bucket full so they couldn't get you both at once. Nick used tornado stupidly and got hit with the bucket after it. You guys made plenty of mistakes.

Now, if you're trying to compare this to what happened to me on Rainbow Cruise with Ksizzle, it's quite different. I have won and lost based almost entirely on that stage countless times. I'm not going to deal with that on my own turf. I'm ok with dealing with that stage at other tournaments, but not when I can make the rules. I view that stage as stupid and think it's too silly for competitive play. It decides the outcome of matches too often. Now, replace "Rainbow Cruise" with "Frigate Orpheon" to get my explanation for that ban as well.

I wouldn't try to get a perfectly beatable tactic banned even if I lost to it. Dire and Wes have never placed higher than 3rd at an actually big/hard tournament because they lose to teams that acknowledge and stop their tactic.
You've banned numerous stages as I said in the past that are completely fair because you didn't like them.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dire u do most of the work when u and wes team just so u know, it's just frustrating to hear WES complain when all he does is try to be cheap himself instead of outskilling his opponents.

Inui I'm sorry but I completely agree with Snakeee in what he just said. You base EVERYTHING on only your own experience. "MK beats Diddy, Snake counters MK, RC should be banned, Bucket isn't broken". No >_>

And the reason Wes and Dire don't place higher is because Wes isn't that great at the game. Watch what will happen when Snakeee and Dire team.

clowsui

Smash Legend

Now, if you're trying to compare this to what happened to me on Frigate Orpheon with Ksizzle, it's quite different. I have won and lost based almost entirely on that stage countless times. I'm not going to deal with that on my own turf. I'm ok with dealing with that stage at other tournaments, but not when I can make the rules. I view that stage as stupid and think it's too silly for competitive play. It decides the outcome of matches too often. Now, replace "Rainbow Cruise" with "Frigate Orpheon" to get my explanation for that ban as well.

Well, I've replaced the word. I'm VERY confused as to why you would ban a good CP stage where the only gimmick that happens is warned by a HUGE FLASHING YELLOW SIGN.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You just have to keep wes and dire separated the entire team. Me and anti ***** them because wes was just trippin XD Yea inui, I honestly will miss RC around here. Frigate is just annoying but it's not unfair really :( I deal with stages alot more than you, I only use diddy, you have metaknight.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yeah but CP let's say it was like Snakeee and a really good GW using that strat instead of wes and dire don't you think it could be broken. It's like normal fighting the entire time, but then RANDOMLY a free 0% kill once you get a lucky situation. It's an even fight + a HUGE advantage. The reason they lose a lot is cuz of individual skill lacking, mainly Wes's since he rarely plays brawl.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Gotta love the Inui train of thought

"If I can beat it or I like it, it shouldn't be banned, but if I can't beat it or I don't like it, ban it"

Talk about power abuse

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If G&W + ZSS hypothetically end up being the best team because of that tactic, than so be it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in a lot of situations, getting counterpicked to a certain stage is a perfectly beatable tactic

Inui

Banned via Warnings

You've banned numerous stages as I said in the past that are completely fair because you didn't like them.
Like...?

I know there's PS2, but everyone but you wanted that gone, so I removed it forever.

ADHD said:
You just have to keep wes and dire separated the entire team. Me and anti ***** them because wes was just trippin XD Yea inui, I honestly will miss RC around here. Frigate is just annoying but it's not unfair really I deal with stages alot more than you, I only use diddy, you have metaknight.
So? I banned two good MK stages and two bad Diddy stages. Why complain?

I'm not going to "deal with" luck and garbage.

Mew2King said:
yeah but CP let's say it was like Snakeee and a really good GW using that strat instead of wes and dire don't you think it could be broken.
No.

Mew2King said:
Inui I'm sorry but I completely agree with Snakeee in what he just said. You base EVERYTHING on only your own experience. "MK beats Diddy, Snake counters MK, RC should be banned, Bucket isn't broken". No >_>
On AIM you said it was the best stage list you've ever seen in Smash.

da K.I.D. said:
in a lot of situations, getting counterpicked to a certain stage is a perfectly beatable tactic
Luck isn't beatable. Luck just happens. Bullshit shouldn't be a staple in a competitive game. It should be removed.

chaos marth said:
Beating a counterpick is always possible.

Just ask Ally
Snake is good at RC and Snake doesn't have bad match-ups, so what counterpicks are being beaten by Ally's Snake?

clowsui said:
Well, I've replaced the word. I'm VERY confused as to why you would ban a good CP stage where the only gimmick that happens is warned by a HUGE FLASHING YELLOW SIGN.
I've been caught under the stage when it flips in many spots. People say you're safe if you jump, but you're not. Keitaro jumped when it flipped and lost his last stock in game three against me. Stand still in the middle? Nope, Bum did that and died at nearly 0% when ksizzle picked that stage on us in teams. One time I grabbed Izumi on the left side of the stage, the stage flipped while I was holding him, and I died 0% somehow while he lived.

What an awful stage.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
"yeah but CP let's say it was like Snakeee and a really good GW using that strat instead of wes and dire don't you think it could be broken."

See m2k you just PWNED yourself with your own pathetic attempt at logic. Going by what you said, it proves my point that if that tactic was really that broken then even some joe schmoe ZSS/GaW team can win with it but you claim "what if a better team used it?" that just shows that even with that tactic it still takes a considerably skilled team to back it and make it work, dummyface. Ask INUI and BUM if we can function as a team without that. The team that forced Inui to run STRAIGHT to MK.

And M2K, since you're winning right now (although I won't say the plain-as-day reasons as to why) of course you can call anyone else bad, but Wes picks a slew of unorthodox characters that he's really good at, though effectively we all know that doesn't come out as well as let's say just sticking to 2 characters, one of them being godlike, and the other being right behind him. So don't drink that haterade

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
dire U Do Most Of The Work When U And Wes Team Just So U Know, It's Just Frustrating To Hear Wes Complain When All He Does Is Try To Be Cheap Himself Instead Of Outskilling His Opponents.

Inui I'm Sorry But I Completely Agree With Snakeee In What He Just Said. You Base Everything On Only Your Own Experience. "mk Beats Diddy, Snake Counters Mk, Rc Should Be Banned, Bucket Isn't Broken". No >_>

And The Reason Wes And Dire Don't Place Higher Is Because Wes Isn't That Great At The Game. Watch What Will Happen When Snakeee And Dire Team.

Its Funny When A Person Is Winning How Freely They Talk Lol. I Do Recall There Being Times Either Me And Dire Taking Ppl Out 2 On 1 So To Say I Am The Weakest Like Is Funny. In Melee You Barely Beat Me I Beat You Way More Times Than You Beat Me And You Know It And In Brawl We Never Played In Singles. So B4 You Say **** About Me From Just Teams You Need To Becareful What You Say B4 It Backfires On You And You Will Be Kicking Yourself In The ***. Remember How Many *** Beatings From You Took B4 You Became The Cheap Top Tier ***** You Became Lol. So Dont Let Me Beat You In This Game M2k Cause If That Happens You Wont Hear The End Of It.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Um yeah... Anyway.

Bum and inui vs m2k and ninjalink. Grand finals loser's finals winners finals? wutwut? TELL ME NOW
What you're being smug about has nothing to do with you, besides, you've been bickering on this thread yourself for like the past 50 posts.

Um yeah that

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
What you're being smug about has nothing to do with you, besides, you've been bickering on this thread yourself for like the past 50 posts.

Um yeah that

I'm not being smug I'm asking what round these vids are so I'm not completly clueless as to telling people what round these are.

I have nothing towards the arguement with you and m2k I just want answers to my question ASAP so i can upload the videos and get it over with.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
i normally have a very acute smug detector, and it didnt go off with what chaos was saying.

results may change if further research indicates that he was wearing a tux, monacle, and top hat while typing it, or if he was thinking in a faux-british accent while typing

Mew2King

King of the Mews
regardless of what any of you say, DDD and Falco have small advantages over Snake in the matchup. MK vs Snake and Diddy vs Snake are pretty even. Wario vs Snake is either slightly in wario's favor or even. Olimar seems to go pretty even with snake too.

That's what I've noticed over time. Even if I'm wrong I know it's not by much.

ADHD

Smash Hero
regardless of what any of you say, DDD and Falco have small advantages over Snake in the matchup. MK vs Snake and Diddy vs Snake are pretty even. Wario vs Snake is either slightly in wario's favor or even. Olimar seems to go pretty even with snake too.

That's what I've noticed over time. Even if I'm wrong I know it's not by much.
You have no idea about Snake vs diddy tis in snake's favor. At least 60-40 for him.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
then why did Azens diddy beat DSFs snake at Hobo11 (after his lucario got 2 stocked and his lucario and mk were getting ***** in teams by him that day) and NL beat Ally in a close friendly set 2-1. 60-40 is pretty extreme. Even if Snake wins, it being by that much seems ridiculous after what I know from Azen/DSF/NL/Ally

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What about Marth vs Snake?

Marth players said it's in their favor but I'm not really sure. *shrug* might as well figure it out for myself in tournament

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Marth loses it 55-45 or 60-40 IMO

Marth dies too early. and needa to gimp snake to be able to win the match-up snake can camp and still hits hard close up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom