• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
then why did Azens diddy beat DSFs snake at Hobo11 (after his lucario got 2 stocked and his lucario and mk were getting ***** in teams by him that day) and NL beat Ally in a close friendly set 2-1. 60-40 is pretty extreme. Even if Snake wins, it being by that much seems ridiculous after what I know from Azen/DSF/NL/Ally
The main reason I said that was bc snake doesn't die until ridiculous percentages and his camping is hard to get around with your banana game if he is doing it that well. Also ftilt punishes diddy hard if he fails at approaching and then diddy loses alot of momentum. It's tedious as hell >_<

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Match up ratios are pretty pointless to argue in most cases. So dont bother.....

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Who exactly do you think Snake loses to, yellowroy?
lol you think I don't know snake or something.

he loses to falco, ddd and r.o.b. and does even with some other characters.

mk is slight advantage for mk.

also olimar is pretty hard.

dont say some **** like camp on all of them and sh*t because you have to camp in almost every matchup.

they still beat snake wheither you like it or not, rob is hard as f*uck and ddd forget about it.

you know why ddd wins?

cg is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay then they just b-air they're way to a gimp.

r.o.b. is like this, gay camp that snake's isn't better than. fair to a fking gay gimp.

falco is cg spike unless you blow urself up so then you'll have 70% every stock, which i dont think thats an advantage for snake now is that? then he just gay shdl camp til kill percentage then smash.

of course you can beat any character but matchup numbers are about who has the advantage not that ally just 3 stocked atomsk's ddd omg! 70-30 snake.

snakes the new best character omg omg im dropping my mk and going to snake and going to every thread just to say that snake is better than mk.

mk has no bad matchups.

snake will never be mk, mk is just too good.

and also mk isn't going to get banned anymore so you don't need to tell anyone BULLSH*T about snake being better than mk he just isn't.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
IMO, DDD is Snake's hardest matchup. Olimar and ROBs are second hardest I'd say. Then would probably come Falco. I'd say Snake vs Diddy is pretty even, though I'm not completely sure on that one. Marth Vs Snake is in Snakes favor, but not by much. Warios and Lucarios can give Snake a hard time too. I'm pretty sure they're stated as even here too.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol at Falco. Snake BEATS Falco. CG -> spike doesn't work if you know how to play the matchup. That's a secret, though. ;)

DDD gets destroyed by Snake's camping. We've determined that since early January. DDD actually dies EARLIER in that matchup, too. Trust me, Snake wins that match.

Olimar? You can 0-death him from a grab. lol.

I'll agree that R.O.B. is hard.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Secret? its so no secret C4 yourself to 30% and the match-up is yours.
Inui preached that all the time.

and dedede chaingrab ***** snake still.

I played inui's snake and he camped the hell out of me

and i still won thanks too CG to swallowcide wins.

Seriously guise try it. snake's never know what to do against it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Lol at Falco. Snake BEATS Falco. CG -> spike doesn't work if you know how to play the matchup. That's a secret, though. ;)

DDD gets destroyed by Snake's camping. We've determined that since early January. DDD actually dies EARLIER in that matchup, too. Trust me, Snake wins that match.

Olimar? You can 0-death him from a grab. lol.

I'll agree that R.O.B. is hard.
meh, i've never been convinced about that snake vs ddd matchup. i still think dedede wins. i played spam's snake in a mm cuz he tried to convince me and i won that. (although i'll admit he had a lot of bad luck in the match lol) but if anyone wants to mm me this saturday at inui's tournament in that matchup i'd be happy too :). doom? :bee:
i'm not saying i think dedede destroys him, i just think it's slight advantage but doom, certainly it's not right to say that he gets DESTROYED by snake's camping.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
I just said olimar is hard not we lose. omg you tech the spike thats why the falco doesn't spike and u fair yourself lol yes thats a secret. im no scrub stop thinking i dont know what im talking about. thats like saying snake can cg falco but im not telling you cause thats a secret. i think everyone knows these things. and trust you that ddd wins because utilt kills 5% earliar than d3? dedede is the snake counter. cg to gimp. you will never convince me that d3 loses.

Max Ketchum

No, it's not teching the spike. Chaos Marth already said it. You drop a C4 and a grenade and you blow yourself up. At 30%, he can't CG -> spike you. Then what happens? Oh yeah, he can't kill you until like 150%, whereas he dies at 100 to utilt and can't do much more than laser you. Snake doesn't care about taking damage.

D3 vs. Snake is not the awful 65:35 matchup you probably think it is. Snake can literally just camp and run away the whole match and be absolutely fine. If he gets to you, you take damage from a CG, yes. It's not that awfully hard to get back to the stage. Offstage, of course DDD has the advantage, but it's not incredibly hard to avoid getting grabbed. Play it smart and don't do stupid **** into his shield and you won't get grabbed.

I wasn't calling you a scrub. I was just wondering what matchups you thought Snake lost.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
falco is cg spike unless you blow urself up so then you'll have 70% every stock
what?

after 30% or 40% falco can't do anything of worth to snake out of a grab

the 30% you do to yourself is less than 2 ftilts/dthrow to ftilt on falco :|

where is 70% coming from?

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Oh ok but I said that the C4 would bring you to 70% because he stops C4 by shdl. Here is my matcup list
King Dedede=40-60
R.O.B.=40-60
Falco=45-55
MK=45-55
Olimar=50-50
Donkey Kong=50-50
Pikachu=50-50
Marth=55-45
Diddy=55-45
Lucario=55-45
Wario=55-45

The rest 60-40 or more. I know thats how I beat D3's but IMO if he makes us run the whole game I would say the char chasing would win. Sonic runs all the time but he doesn't beat MK or Marth which both have no projectiles.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
@Superryan Ok what I do in the Falco matchup is C4 myself to 28%. SHDL stops it in FD by stoping Snake before he says Now! That would get you to 36-38 then you get hit by 2 more when you get exploded by the C4. Which gets you to 44-48.Well I f*cked up, I have to see how I get to 70% so fast. You should ban FD on Falco so I would say 55-45 Falco on FD and 50-50 most other stages.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Um yeah... Anyway.

Bum and inui vs m2k and ninjalink. Grand finals loser's finals winners finals? wutwut? TELL ME NOW
omg don't put that crap up

It was just me and Bum getting ***** because M2K was wrecking Bum and I couldn't handle both M2K and NinjaLink because M2K is too good. ~_~

Btw, Snake beats Falco. Any Falco is free to MM me and give me their money in that 60/40 match-up in Snake's favour. Also, any non-M2K/teh_spamerer MK is free to give my Snake their money as well. Any Olimar. Any non-Atomsk/Seibrik Dedede. Any Wario. Any ROB. Snake doesn't have bad match-ups. A few are evenish, but none are bad. Even if I lose, I'm going to show that person that the match-up is even at WORST.

yellowroy said:
King Dedede=40-60
R.O.B.=40-60
Falco=45-55
MK=45-55
Olimar=50-50
Donkey Kong=50-50
Pikachu=50-50
Marth=55-45
Diddy=55-45
Lucario=55-45
Wario=55-45
Wtf...

Snake beats ROB for sure. ROB's so easily killed and Snake OWNS him massively on the ground AND in the air because ROB's strong aerials are too slow. Snake outlives ROB a lot.

Falco is 6/4 in Snake's favour. I'm literally the only Snake that is good at that match-up because the others are STUPID and don't blow themselves up to 30% and then predict the f-b's Falco does after laser camping. The match is really easy.

Pikachu likes dying at 90%. How the hell does he go even with Snake?

Donkey Kong is slow and easily camped and dies BEFORE Snake in the match-up because his kill moves are not safe. You think this is even because bad Snakes get spiked by DK?

Olimar loses to d-throw.

Dedede vs Snake is probably even.

Snake beats MK...omg...It's just ONE Meta Knight that is owning Snakes. teh_spamerer, the 2nd best MK, lost to my Snake and HRNUT's Snake recently and switched to Wario against Ally. Snake just has to be smart enough to not be in stupid situations where he gets gimped.

ADHD

Smash Hero
im really frustrated with how i played vs m2k, it was embarassing loking back on it how much things i missed out on :( oh well, ill just have to get better, night guys im done with this thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DDD and ROB have gotta be snake's hardest i think

pit is another one thats not too good for him. falco is debatable, could go either way. not sure about olimar, i dont have much exp on that matchup. i personally hate playing diddys with snake, its one of my worst snake matchups, but iv never rly seen snakes to have too much problem with em.

edit: put doubles finals up. i didnt get a chance to watch it from being in tourney matches at the time.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DDD and ROB have gotta be snake's hardest i think
Hardest =/= bad. He has the advantage against ROB as far as I'm concerned and Dedede can't be worse than even.

pit is another one thats not too good for him. falco is debatable, could go either way. not sure about olimar, i dont have much exp on that matchup. i personally hate playing diddys with snake, its one of my worst snake matchups, but iv never rly seen snakes to have too much problem with em.
Pit is bad for Snake? Back in March when I mained Pit, I went to Texas and got wrecked in three singles sets and two teams sets by T-Rex's Snake. I won one set where he used Sheik one game. Fast forward to now. I played RoguePit in at least ten friendlies at the start of January. He never even got my Snake to one stock out of that many matches. I destroyed him. Pit can't even punish Snake's f-tilt with anything.

Falco loses. Snake hits himself with a C4 and grenade at the same time to negate the CG. After this, Falco is forced to use other things besides d-throw to build damage. He'll be forced to use his b-air and smashes a lot, and those are his kill moves. Sure, Falco can camp, but Snake has gigantic and fast moves to work around that. He can crawl under the lasers. Predict the oh so predictable f-b and punish it. Snake only has to hit Falco a few times to kill him. Falco dies at 95%, Snake dies at 150%. Even with the 30% defecit he starts with, Snake's at a 25% advantage. He does more damage per hit and outranges and outprioritizes Falco.

Olimar loses to d-throw. His roll goes NOWHERE. Snake can regrab all of Olimar's options and get guaranteed hits all the time if he's good at reacting. It's so easy. Olimar dies way before Snake and Snake actually is capable of forcing approaches due to his grenades. Snake's f-tilt gets Olimar off the stage and can actually punish and beat out Olimar's ridiculous grab game. Snake can dash attack to punish Olimar's grab from afar.

I think my dear crewmate Wyatt already covered Snake vs Diddy. Snake wins slightly.

edit: put doubles finals up. i didnt get a chance to watch it from being in tourney matches at the time.
Awesome, more horrendous matches of me on the internet while I have very very few good ones. :bee:

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Tactical Discussion

is this a tactical discussion thread or something wtf lol save all this **** for that lol about match ups and what not or go to the snake/mk/d3/rob/diddy threads people lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
W00! just got better at MK Dittos Ksizl ill do a fuqqin 50$ MM MK Ditto with you now. ;).

Maybe not 50.
1$

yellowroy

Smash Ace
omg don't put that crap up

It was just me and Bum getting ***** because M2K was wrecking Bum and I couldn't handle both M2K and NinjaLink because M2K is too good. ~_~

Btw, Snake beats Falco. Any Falco is free to MM me and give me their money in that 60/40 match-up in Snake's favour. Also, any non-M2K/teh_spamerer MK is free to give my Snake their money as well. Any Olimar. Any non-Atomsk/Seibrik Dedede. Any Wario. Any ROB. Snake doesn't have bad match-ups. A few are evenish, but none are bad. Even if I lose, I'm going to show that person that the match-up is even at WORST.

Wtf...

Snake beats ROB for sure. ROB's so easily killed and Snake OWNS him massively on the ground AND in the air because ROB's strong aerials are too slow. Snake outlives ROB a lot.

Falco is 6/4 in Snake's favour. I'm literally the only Snake that is good at that match-up because the others are STUPID and don't blow themselves up to 30% and then predict the f-b's Falco does after laser camping. The match is really easy.

Pikachu likes dying at 90%. How the hell does he go even with Snake?

Donkey Kong is slow and easily camped and dies BEFORE Snake in the match-up because his kill moves are not safe. You think this is even because bad Snakes get spiked by DK?

Olimar loses to d-throw.

Dedede vs Snake is probably even.

Snake beats MK...omg...It's just ONE Meta Knight that is owning Snakes. teh_spamerer, the 2nd best MK, lost to my Snake and HRNUT's Snake recently and switched to Wario against Ally. Snake just has to be smart enough to not be in stupid situations where he gets gimped.
Lol most snakes have a hard time with r.o.b. thats why I put 60-40 I have yet to lose to a R.O.B. but I haven't played alot since I never have money or rides for tournaments, I blow myself up on Falco's so how are the others stupid? I've been doing it since like August.
Ok can you pm me how the f*ck is ur way to beating ddd's because thats the matchup that I lose to.

Lol I agree with you about Pikachu and DK, I didn't even know what I was thinking there.

but really tell me how you beat ddd's so easy in a pm.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lol most snakes have a hard time with r.o.b. thats why I put 60-40 I have yet to lose to a R.O.B. but I haven't played alot since I never have money or rides for tournaments, I blow myself up on Falco's so how are the others stupid? I've been doing it since like August.
Ok can you pm me how the f*ck is ur way to beating ddd's because thats the matchup that I lose to.

Lol I agree with you about Pikachu and DK, I didn't even know what I was thinking there.

but really tell me how you beat ddd's so easy in a pm.
Most Snakes are horrendous. I haven't seen high results out of you, so I said "no Snakes do the match-up right" based on what I see out of the top Snakes like Ally, Candy, and HRNUT.

I can just tell you here so everyone can see. :bee:

You beat Dedede by turning on what Eazy calls "the gay," a technique started by Yes!/Cowtipper. You just camp MASSIVELY and Dedede has tons of trouble just getting near you. Banning FD is a good idea. Every other stage has platforms. Just drop grenades and C4's on the platforms and jump from platform to platform forever. This is "the gay." It's ridiculously hard for Dedede to work around because he's so slow. If they both take damage, that's fine. Snake kills Dedede at lower damage and his kill moves are faster and safer.

It's all about camping a lot. More Snakes need to camp intelligently.

Max Ketchum

Snake wins the matchup on Battlefield.

It's definitely not worse than even on any other stage.

I think people think Pikachu beats Snake because he has ridiculous grab bull**** on him to 70%, but really, Snake doesn't care about 70%. LOL

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Snake wins the matchup on Battlefield.

It's definitely not worse than even on any other stage.

I think people think Pikachu beats Snake because he has ridiculous grab bull**** on him to 70%, but really, Snake doesn't care about 70%. LOL
3f-tilts and an u-tilt :D

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Any Wario.

Snake beats MK...omg...It's just ONE Meta Knight that is owning Snakes. teh_spamerer, the 2nd best MK, lost to my Snake and HRNUT's Snake recently and switched to Wario against Ally.
I'll MM you with Wario.

God ****it, how many times are you going to bring up me losing to you without mentioning I was playing dumb as hell? Someone playing like a ******* doesn't prove **** about a matchup. If Jason tripped into 3 Snake fsmashes and got 3 stocked by you, what does that prove? NOTHING. w/e @ HRNUT, I had 3 dumb deaths, I'm not losing like that ever again.

"Switching" to Wario makes it sound like I picked Meta Knight...which I never did against Ally.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Well I've only been to like 1 tournament, but things like playing the matchups right is like things every Snake should know.

I thought you made up some new sh*t of how to beat him easy, thats what I've been doing to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom