• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
^ that's if they don't SDI the drill though right?
If they SDI the dair, the last hit (which is the hit which stuns your opponent slightly) won't connect. SDI the dair gets you out of drillshines/drill grabs and is extremely useful at high levels. But unless they SDI, its a true combo.

Walk towards the edge -> momentum -> turnaround just before you fall of the edge
^ What he said. Get your character to walk full speed in the direction of the ledge; then use that momentum to carry yourself off. Turn around once you get to the edge and momentum you had from full speed walking will make you slide and fall off the stage, like I.B. said.

Binx

Smash Master
If notice people SDIing out of the drill, do you just insert more nairs in their place? I usually just do a second drill

which catches them offguard, without a shine its not always easy to see coming.

chize

Smash Apprentice
thanx raynex. if thats the case, would it be possible to do sort of a pseudo chain grab against characters like ganon, link, etc. via upthrow>sh or fh dair>grab>upthrow>repeat? or maybe even upthrow>dair>waveshine>grab>upthrow>repeat? i was trying it out on the computer not considering sdi or anything but im just trying to be creative and innovate some combo ideas with dair.

EDIT: nevermind i just realized they could do something before you dair

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
needz moar help with pc dropping. Read the advice while practicing.... and havent been able to do a single one in 20 mins.... and so i post........

Ne more tips besides walk off and turn around, or is that really just it...?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Sylar? Nice. Do you mean the PC walkoff? I've only done it once. That's enough for me to want to do it again. It looks way too good.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Break his thumbs.
i broke my thumb on my right hand terribly when i was like 15/16 when i used to skateboard all the time. It was bent all the way to my wrist :(. haha i started playing melee soon after that my thumb gets so sore after tournaments so don't fux with my thumbs :(

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D69v30mgrI&feature=channel_page
my fox is getting less rusty (combo at the end). Don't judge that sheik he's usually really good (consistently gets my fox down to 1 stock usually) it was his first match of the day on my favorite stage vs sheik :)
I'm back baby :p

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's cool to do PC drop->bair off of platforms.
Isn't this the same as Isai dropping except he fastfalls too? He does it both ways, isai dropping and l-canceling to double tap down aerial l-canceling again.

The only thing I thought that PC did was he was really good at dropping off the platform and nairing/bairing really quickly. I can barely get the attacks out before I hit the ground if I fastfall it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
PC when are you going to come to Boston (or just Mass Madness) and continue to beat me by 1 stock in friendlies with Falcon for 15 minutes straight. Even if I get you off the edge with Marth and fsmash with you 3 times at like 100%.

EWC

Smash Ace
Isn't this the same as Isai dropping except he fastfalls too? He does it both ways, isai dropping and l-canceling to double tap down aerial l-canceling again.

The only thing I thought that PC did was he was really good at dropping off the platform and nairing/bairing really quickly. I can barely get the attacks out before I hit the ground if I fastfall it.
No, PC drop is where you walk toward the edge, then turn around, and let your momentum carry you off. It's normally used to grab the edge.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Ah, I know exactly what that is. Shame, I think PC's platform dropping skills deserve more fame. It's one of the really technically sound things he does that no one seems to notice. He does it perfectly whether he hits someone or not. It amazes me.

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
@sylar:
for the pc drop for fox
i find it easier to try to moonwalk
cuz sometimes it does the pc walk off if you walk too close to the edge
and other times, you'll still get off the edge cuz of the moonwalk

lol i dunno =D

hey berny
go do a combo with fox involving moonwalking
i know you can do it LOL

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
perdictions.
bernard is gonna make top 5 in the rochester tourney or where ever it is.

yeah im starting to get the PC drop with fox now.
i need to practise it more.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If you moonwalk and shield drop you get some momentum in the air when your falling.

It's good for spacing stretchy long bairs.

chize

Smash Apprentice
pc, you are too good, seeing you play your fox like that is just scary considering its still rusty, its great to have you back, your the best

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
RaynEX, I used your advice on approaching against the Marth I play yesterday, and it worked. I was more patient and I was actively thinking about all my options and which one would take him by surprise. Running shield got me a few shieldgrabs. I also took somebody's advice (I swear it was PC's, but I can't find the post) to delay your attack and attack where you think they'll move. I tried running in and just crouching randomly (that worked). I also tried running through my opponent and dash canceled fsmash him. Both of those would take him by surprise because I'd use them sparingly.

Now for some questions:

What do I do against a ledge camping Marth at a high percent? I know that I should laser him, but if he already has a stock lead I'm forced to approach eventually. The problem is that if I get grabbed/sent of the ledge I'm dead more often than not.

What should I do against a Marth who has the ledge. At the moment, I get right outside fair/getup attack range and punish how he gets up. The only problem is that if he gets up normally I don't have any options.

Any general tips against spacies? The only time I'll ever get to fight a competent spacy is at a tourney, so I'd like to know some bread and butter things to do. The only thing that I really know is upthrow to upsmash (and Thunder's combo, but that's giving me trouble for some reason. Maybe I don't WD far enough)

EDIT: I can't seem to uthrow uair Jiggs. She always jumps out. Do I just suck?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Any general tips against spacies? The only time I'll ever get to fight a competent spacy is at a tourney, so I'd like to know some bread and butter things to do. The only thing that I really know is upthrow to upsmash (and Thunder's combo, but that's giving me trouble for some reason. Maybe I don't WD far enough)
Uhtrow to regrab =)

I.B

Smash Lord
Now for some questions:

1. What do I do against a ledge camping Marth at a high percent? I know that I should laser him, but if he already has a stock lead I'm forced to approach eventually. The problem is that if I get grabbed/sent of the ledge I'm dead more often than not.

2. What should I do against a Marth who has the ledge. At the moment, I get right outside fair/getup attack range and punish how he gets up. The only problem is that if he gets up normally I don't have any options.

3. Any general tips against spacies? The only time I'll ever get to fight a competent spacy is at a tourney, so I'd like to know some bread and butter things to do. The only thing that I really know is upthrow to upsmash (and Thunder's combo, but that's giving me trouble for some reason. Maybe I don't WD far enough)

EDIT: 4. I can't seem to uthrow uair Jiggs. She always jumps out. Do I just suck?
1. Usually waiting it out at a safe range works. Position yourself far enough not to get hit by any ledge attempts, but close enough to punish them. Watch out for normal get-up to buffer roll, or nair/fair to buffer roll/side step, these are common ways of getting up from the ledge as Marth.

2. This would basically test your ability to react. Some people charge an up-smash to punish this, some go in to pressure with nair/dair, some grab. It all depends on what % they're at. You could even do the Cactus and just stare at them, lol.

3. Shine is your friend vs. spacies. One of your major ways of keeping on top of the game should be through shine -> tech chase. Work on your sh nair timing and spacing to beat them out on approaches, and follow up with shine. If they start CCing, dair to shine.

Against Fox, CG to up-smash combos hurt him. Up-throw to bair near the ledge to set up for easy edgeguards. Keep the pressure on.

Against Falco, shine is sex. Knock him down and **** him for it. Be careful with how you place nairs cuz a Falco that CCs will do it and cause you any from 40% to a stock depending on how good they are. Stay in his face all the time.

4. It's all a matter of timing, work on it.

Top Bottom