• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

PB&J

Smash Hero
ahh,thats cool,i still need a teammate. find me for we can play alot . ive been training hardcore for apex.

Lovage-just seen you vs westballz, loving those bairs

leffen

Smash Champion
mad hyped for apex.

practicing 10 times as much as any of you, prepare to get your mind fkn blown away ;o

edit: SW/Lovage/Toph/any1cool, Fox ditto MM please. I need experience in it ;)
if u dare i can mm u with yoshi too but that'd be hard on you ;>

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dude I am so down :DD

I'd be down to fight your Yoshi too even though you're probably gonna blow me up LOL

and dude lovage vs wes was a CRAZY set

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
There's not much I can do though, he kinda dodged the question every time I'd ask him if he was going or not :(

You should tell him in person how much I want him to go etc etc and maybe that'll do the trick. o_O

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No I mean, I never get the mentally of fanboys.. it's basically like living in a dream where it can't come true for them. It's depressing in my point of view.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But then those aspirations become half-***** because all you need to do is live through that glorious man. If everyone was heroes instead wouldn't that be really cool?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'm going like... 90% sure; articanus is trying to go too... which will be hilarious. Nobody knows who he is, but he'll probably beat like 90% of the big name spacy players anyway LOL

leffen

Smash Champion
why do you think articanus is so good Dfox? I watched some vids and I wasn't impressed... but I see that you're his teammate so you would know him better. Has he beat anyone notable /placed well or is it just because he ***** your balls off?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Leffen, I usually beat articanus actually LOL (just to clear that up ^__^).

I think he's so good because of talking to him about the game. You know how it is playing in tournament and such; it's hard, especially if you're not good at it/used to it. Articanus and I both have been playing this game for about 7 years, but we were 100% isolated (literally only me,him, and one other person) for 6 years, and he still doesn't really get to attend tournies.

So with that in mind, I totally agree that his videos are probably unimpressive (hell, MY videos are complete *** and I know it xD). But I talk to him about the game daily, and I know the level that he can think at; I've also seen him when he's actually playing without choking etc. He's the only marth player I've ever played that I'm as scared to get hit by as m2k (when I'm a spacy) if he's not playing badly; that by itself along with decently smart play is honestly enough to get you very far in a big tournament imo.

He almost 4 stocked rockcrock in tournament, and went last hit last stock last game against linguini. Those are the only really notable performances he's had I think. Well I guess he beat chad too... but these are all ganondorf -___________-

wtf why is anybody awake at this time? -.- (well I understand for leffen, but everyone else >_>)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Uhh because most people aren't vampires Dfox lol. What's wrong with beating Ganon with Marth? It's pretty much an even match-up and it should be highly respected imo.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
But then those aspirations become half-***** because all you need to do is live through that glorious man. If everyone was heroes instead wouldn't that be really cool?
I can imagine Kage being super happy if the world only consisted of people flying around in capes with their right arm stretched out like Superman.

PB&J

Smash Hero
I can imagine Kage being super happy if the world only consisted of people flying around in capes with their right arm stretched out like Superman.
Kage please make this your sig

and Leffen- I played M2k's marth in probably over 300 friendlies( He use to live with me) and i played Articanus and articanus is very scary to play and very smart,he just doesnt have alot of tourny experience ,but that doesnt keep him from being Good and i learned from Lambchops that vids can lie to you about someone's skill level

Beat!

Smash Master
hey guys I'm pretty good at fox and I know everything
anybody wanna ask me stuff or want help with a matchup or something
Could you specify what you mean by "pretty good"?

See, people with new accounts and only three posts have this tendency of thinking they're really good just because they beat kids in their neighborhood and lvl 9 cpus.

I apologize if this is not the case with you.

(if you're just someone's troll account then shame on you)

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,
i felt like posting some vids of my Fox. I never do that actually.

Anyway here are some random friendlies vs my roommate.

http://youtu.be/0o7Z-6yZ99o
http://youtu.be/9wSL_4ijwWs

Fox isn´t my main by the way. :D I especially want to improve my shieldpressure. I feel like I´m doing smart pressure sometimes, but often it isn´t too effective.

Would be nice to see some advice.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
Could you specify what you mean by "pretty good"?

See, people with new accounts and only three posts have this tendency of thinking they're really good just because they beat kids in their neighborhood and lvl 9 cpus.

I apologize if this is not the case with you.

(if you're just someone's troll account then shame on you)
you accuse me of trolling, and then tell me there are people who can beat lvl 9 cpus
way to make me feel warm and welcomed, ****
also, MM me

tea, after watching game one:
you put a lot of thought into your movement, but it is the wrong kind of thought. you move around smoothly on platforms and you catch the player by surprise a lot in the first game because of it, but you aren't thinking about *why* you should go there or *where* you should go. You're just going. Resist the tendency to do impulsive things--discipline your gameplay

you spotdodge marth on your shield, then get a shine you know will hit, only to shine again instead of wavedash into a grab or usmash. don't panick and hit a bunch of buttons...you've done these combos thousands of times. don't miss opportunities like this.
you follow that immediately by doing another quick couple shines instead of waveshining into a combo. get it together

after your dash attack at :30s, you should wavedash to under the center of the platform or do a running full hop bair. since you decided to wait, wavedash gives you much better position as opposed to where you were standing originally. when he hasn't made a move and looks like he won't, you should empty short hop and bait him or jump and waveland or do a rising dair reset or just bair. short hop uair is super easy to sdi out of in that situation and often times will miss the second hit all by itself

when he neutral b's on your shield at the top platform, you once again jc shine oos. we get it tea, you're really technical. you have the same problem I used to have--you are better than everybody in this regard and you want to make sure they know it. don't lose sight of the point of the game: winning. also, since you have a guaranteed punish due to his spacing on your shield, just shield grab him. at that high up starting a uthrow uair chain can kill him super early if he DIs wrong

never shine marf offstage when he has his double jump and you've already used yours. you're lucky he didn't gimp you there. also the preceding shine bair, if you feel the need to shine bair (like I said, I used to be you, I know the swagger that flows through your veins), drift towards him after you jump. you get a better chance of hitting (but you positioned yourself poorly for that to hit in the first place. recognize when it can and can't work, and act accordingly. if you wanna have some serious steez, run at him, shine and nair or shine turn bair)

[video ends]

the most I have to say to you is play better people when possible because this marth is **** at approaching and does so way too often, and maximize your punishes/combos. you cut a lot of things short and throw away big damage opportunities consistently
-------------
let me give you some shield pressure advice.
the best shield pressure is shield pressure that leaves you impervious to being hit oos. this means:
dair/low nair/low bair on the back of their shield, followed by shine
shine bair on the front, forgoing fastfall and drifting away
neutral short hop bair starting and ending out of grab range
ftilt out of grab range
dash dancing outside of grab/up b oos range

anything else and you put yourself at risk. the only time I purposefully put myself in this position is when they are shielding right at the edge or have a small shield--when I feel the potential gain outweighs the guaranteed risk I take
in a case such as this, I always do shine shffl nair because it makes you look like a serious baws

next question plz

edit-come on people. i'm new and mysterious (therefore->interesting), i'm pretty much a genius (and therefore->good at smash), and apex is soon
don't miss the opportunity for free professional help

Beat!

Smash Master
you accuse me of trolling, and then tell me there are people who can beat lvl 9 cpus
also, MM me
lmao ok whatever

Sorry for being presumptuous then

A MM would've been fun, but I live in Sweden and I'm not going to Apex so :/

Palpi

Smash Hero
also, MM me

tea, after watching game one:
you put a lot of thought into your movement, but it is the wrong kind of thought. you move around smoothly on platforms and you catch the player by surprise a lot in the first game because of it, but you aren't thinking about *why* you should go there or *where* you should go. You're just going. Resist the tendency to do impulsive things--discipline your gameplay

you spotdodge marth on your shield, then get a shine you know will hit, only to shine again instead of wavedash into a grab or usmash. don't panick and hit a bunch of buttons...you've done these combos thousands of times. don't miss opportunities like this.
you follow that immediately by doing another quick couple shines instead of waveshining into a combo. get it together

after your dash attack at :30s, you should wavedash to under the center of the platform or do a running full hop bair. since you decided to wait, wavedash gives you much better position as opposed to where you were standing originally. when he hasn't made a move and looks like he won't, you should empty short hop and bait him or jump and waveland or do a rising dair reset or just bair. short hop uair is super easy to sdi out of in that situation and often times will miss the second hit all by itself

when he neutral b's on your shield at the top platform, you once again jc shine oos. we get it tea, you're really technical. you have the same problem I used to have--you are better than everybody in this regard and you want to make sure they know it. don't lose sight of the point of the game: winning. also, since you have a guaranteed punish due to his spacing on your shield, just shield grab him. at that high up starting a uthrow uair chain can kill him super early if he DIs wrong

never shine marf offstage when he has his double jump and you've already used yours. you're lucky he didn't gimp you there. also the preceding shine bair, if you feel the need to shine bair (like I said, I used to be you, I know the swagger that flows through your veins), drift towards him after you jump. you get a better chance of hitting (but you positioned yourself poorly for that to hit in the first place. recognize when it can and can't work, and act accordingly. if you wanna have some serious steez, run at him, shine and nair or shine turn bair)

[video ends]

the most I have to say to you is play better people when possible because this marth is **** at approaching and does so way too often, and maximize your punishes/combos. you cut a lot of things short and throw away big damage opportunities consistently
-------------
let me give you some shield pressure advice.
the best shield pressure is shield pressure that leaves you impervious to being hit oos. this means:
dair/low nair/low bair on the back of their shield, followed by shine
shine bair on the front, forgoing fastfall and drifting away
neutral short hop bair starting and ending out of grab range
ftilt out of grab range
dash dancing outside of grab/up b oos range

anything else and you put yourself at risk. the only time I purposefully put myself in this position is when they are shielding right at the edge or have a small shield--when I feel the potential gain outweighs the guaranteed risk I take
in a case such as this, I always do shine shffl nair because it makes you look like a serious baws

next question plz

edit-come on people. i'm new and mysterious (therefore->interesting), i'm pretty much a genius (and therefore->good at smash), and apex is soon
don't miss the opportunity for free professional help

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Hey guys,
i felt like posting some vids of my Fox. I never do that actually.

Anyway here are some random friendlies vs my roommate.

http://youtu.be/0o7Z-6yZ99o
http://youtu.be/9wSL_4ijwWs

Fox isn´t my main by the way. :D I especially want to improve my shieldpressure. I feel like I´m doing smart pressure sometimes, but often it isn´t too effective.

Would be nice to see some advice.
i only watched 1 vid so far but its hard to critique u when u r clearly ****** some1 lol. idk play a better marth or anybody at that and ill critique u. nice double shines tho. um but i would use those more towards the edge its sends people at funny angles. and waveshine grab u air is essential in mu where the shine doesnt knock the opponent down. i saw u use it maybe 1x maybe do more of those.

Top Bottom