• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Toph I really really like your fox.

edit: although I think u should have stayed on dream land. you kinda got exposed on yoshi's whe his super aggro hardcore to the floor bs was all up in your face. did he not let you go back on ur cp?
I dunno, Yoshi's is my usual counterpick against Falco so I was like "**** that, running this **** back, I got this" LOL. :c

unknown522

Some guy
Got 3rd at Hope 4. 2nd in doubles with KK. Almost won set 1 vs M2K and DoH in GFs (I was falco mostly in that set though).

lost to M2K again and KK again. The rest of our Canadians lost to Luigis. -_-

Vids may be up, or coming soon.

Also, about to watch SW vs Sion. Blunted_Object was talking to me on MSN about it.

edit: doubles are up so far (Good **** DoH for being a beast with uploads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlZJnGq-400&context=C3275effADOEgsToPDskJoR3kdCUaPSQnFPIJCpYuh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7Lzaqbbi0&context=C345df85ADOEgsToPDskLnzSotey4GqWjum3AHZ9Fy

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh hey one more question directed at everybody:

I have a lot of trouble in Fox dittos with Foxes that run around on the platforms and poke in from above. I generally try to stay on the ground and bait them into approaching me, but sometimes it doesn't work so well.
A prime example is this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON40hKHWFII

Anyone have any good advice on how to deal with this style? Should I be more patient on the ground? Or should I go up and fight them? Or should I laser camp so that they're more provoked into fighting me on the ground where I'm more comfortable?

edit: btw unknown522 watch me vs sion :3

Lovage

Smash Hero
my mindset when i play falco: never feel afraid of him, if you spend more time running around you have more chances to get hit and ***** (not always true, but my natural inclination is to run too, so i need to counter-act this with positive thinking)

unknown522

Some guy
Oh hey one more question directed at everybody:

I have a lot of trouble in Fox dittos with Foxes that run around on the platforms and poke in from above. I generally try to stay on the ground and bait them into approaching me, but sometimes it doesn't work so well.
A prime example is this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON40hKHWFII

Anyone have any good advice on how to deal with this style? Should I be more patient on the ground? Or should I go up and fight them? Or should I laser camp so that they're more provoked into fighting me on the ground where I'm more comfortable?

edit: btw unknown522 watch me vs sion :3
I'm on it.

oh yeah, just watched that set you posted. You're lacking combos. Almost everything was a single hit. He also approached from the air a lot, off of platforms, or straight DJing. Just u-tilt/u-air him outta that, or DD-grab.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
my mindset when i play falco: never feel afraid of him, if you spend more time running around you have more chances to get hit and ***** (not always true, but my natural inclination is to run too, so i need to counter-act this with positive thinking)
btw you probably have a better recollection of your history of tourney sets than anybody so

what tourney sets vs. falco (zhu, mango etc.) are you the most proud of/did you play the best in? link to vidz?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
As a Falco player, I'm scared of Fox -_-

Especially when you have to think about spacing an entire half of the stage since he can pretty much instantly be beside you throwing nairs at any given moment

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I feel the same way. IMO fox should be the attacker.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
don't listen to unknown

his fox is way better than mine LOL

i just got mad lucky on dreamland and nobody ever believes me when i say fox is good at winning for no reason but he actually is :x

unknown522

Some guy
not a clue.

This just in: Raynex isn't going to APEX :(

The only thing I'm happy about is that he didn't decide to wait until the day before the tourney to tell me for once.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
all i know about KK's fox is that Mahone said KK plays fox v jiggs closer to perfect than anyone else (he played, e.g., mango at the same tournament), so I've assumed it was brutal for a while... but damn, man, not a lot of people can beat M2K with secondaries!

leffen

Smash Champion
M2K is fkn hilarious LOL. Armada is all like "oh ima show you my new PS counterpick" tournament before apex while m2k doesn't even wanna show him play his usual character the same way he has since 2007.

(lets be honest, m2k doesnt really think he wants/needs to change his style, he spends more time complaining about the others being OP).

is it just me that starts to agree with people that brawl/melee will be better off once m2k is gone? (Cheese, a brawl TO/player said this iirc since m2k always splits, ragequits, sandbags etc)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
leffen i know cheese (or knew), and anyone who knows him knows not to listen to him. maybe it would be better if people didnt pay what m2k is doing as much attention. I mean really who cares if he wont let people record him or watch his vids? just take what armada is doing as a moral high ground and let it go b/c its not a big deal.

Also if what u say is true and he hasnt changed since 2007 then it doesnt matter if u can what him or not

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Armada kept Y. Link a secret for several months because he wanted to CP a single person. Not sure you should be using him as a person to compare M2K with on that sort of thing (video secrecy, etc).

leffen

Smash Champion
uhuh, he told a lot of people about that CP and the real reason to why there weren't vids of him is because noone plays Jiggs here. There were vids of him playing him in teams and a few friendlies too so...
and a new neverbeforeseen low tier is a whole other thing then m2k not letting anyone see his identical top tiers that everyone knows (also-he didnt allow any vids of his MK to go up for the first fkn year or so because he wanted a head start vs the other MK players).

and Nagace if you want our community to grow you'd want childish behaviour like what M2K does to go :o (as a example of the consequences of his actions, him splitting was one of the main reason, if not THE main reason to why MLG dropped brawl).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wait, someone is playing to win in a tournament environment and doesn't want valuable information to be released on a large scale? GRAB THE PITCHFORKS BOYS!

Top Bottom