• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Niko45

Smash Master
I guess he could be overrated depending on how you rate him. He's certainly not strictly good because of Fox, though. Like, his secondaries aren't good, but they're nowhere near THAT free. He's good at the game but he's nowhere near the top 5 players. Top 10 range he's in there still.

He didn't even go to pound 5 or G2 and doesn't care about improving at all so idk why you'd pop off on him lol.

leffen

Smash Champion
Max? said:
Jman is very active. He's been to everyone tournament in the Tristate/NY/NYC area so far this year, regularly plays with us at PC's house for practice,
month old quote.

stop it with the ****ing johns, for fks sake.

I just randomly commented on him btw, watched some vids out of sheer boredom and realized how much he had been carried on having top 4 seed (rom4esp lol iirc) and mango going marth...

and the hbox remark was more the simple, never changing playstyle completely based around how to abuse your character in the easiest possible way than on him being "carried" (lol, who still thinks hbox is carried?) or his character being op.

Niko45

Smash Master
He goes to locals. He just doesn't care about improving anymore. He's basically just waiting around for people to catch up and pass him and then he'll stop playing all together. It's not johns, just facts. Idk what to tell you.

PB&J

Smash Hero
isnt jman the only foc to win a big tourny with fox in like 4 years? i think the tourny was "show me your moves" thanks to the article thread that juggleguy made

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i hate it when people say EU spacies suck

yes, armada and amsah got so good by playing bad players

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
isnt jman the only foc to win a big tourny with fox in like 4 years? i think the tourny was "show me your moves" thanks to the article thread that juggleguy made
dont go down there jeff was the last national jman won

once again pbnj is ****ing wrong

and you stole my friends controller at TO7 you ****ing *******

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i know armada is a lot better than jman

but jman beat armada 3-1 in a mm they had at apex 2010. I know you're going to say fox ***** peach (and that is true if the fox plays run away like jman) but that should still show he is good.

and he ***** all other marths and sheiks but me (and amsah i guess)

his problem imo is that he is super inconsistent and has terrible habits (i don't really want to post them here) and mango absolutely ***** him for those, badly.

Then again I was once at lucky's house and I saw mango's falco come 1 hit away from jv 5 stocking lucky's fox in one of their friendlies (FD). It was pretty amazing to watch.

mango and jman have played a fox ditto MM btw, and mango won 6-1, all games last stock. This was 2 years ago though.

sometimes jman does play SUPER bad though. His top level play is really good, but when he's off, he's OFF. There are times (like the day before pound4) where i double-4-stocked him in a row in fox dittos, but other time periods he wins majority. It's random kind of.

i think i could be 2nd best fox if i practiced him and developed good fox habits. Maybe in the future i will i don't know.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
cactuar needs to combo more lol

last time i teamed with cactuar though (at Xanadu 2 weeks ago) we 7 stocked husband and wife twice in tourney winners finals. He's getting better, but as a fox player (like ALL fox players) he's inconsistent.

EVERY fox player is inconsistent. I cannot think of ONE exception. I think that's the nature of the character.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
why does no one ever mention that the reason we tend to say that top EU players arent as good as top USA players is because everytime they come over, everyone but armada and Amsah gets **** on?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Because objectively speaking, it's not as if we've gone over there in recent history and done exceedingly well. Home field advantage and having to deal with time zone difference can be a deciding factor.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
thats just pandering. they come over and armada ***** people and everyone else doesn't. is armada immune to home field advantage and time zone differences?

im just saying, all the existing evidence points to the USA's general top level play being higher and I'm tired of people like leffen *****ing about us saying so

PB&J

Smash Hero
dont go down there jeff was the last national jman won

once again pbnj is ****ing wrong

and you stole my friends controller at TO7 you ****ing *******
i didnt steal anyone's controller ,i have my own. please keep your negative comments to yourself

i forgot about "Big House" i was reading "Jugglesguy's thread which is an amazing read btw..Good stuff Lovage. So many people know how to combo/gimp fox though. cant wait til Apex,who knows,maybe a Fox Main might win,or maybe he will be 5th place like he usually is

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why does no one ever mention that the reason we tend to say that top EU players arent as good as top USA players is because everytime they come over, everyone but armada and Amsah gets **** on?
If by **** on you mean most of the higher leveled ones make bracket at the hardest tournaments to ever exist and do well, then yeah.
Pound 4:

3: Amsah
4: Armada
17: over triforce
17: Zgetto
17: Remen
33: Adam
33: strawhat dahean

Ridiculous EU representation

Niko45

Smash Master
If by **** on you mean most of the higher leveled ones make bracket at the hardest tournaments to ever exist and do well, then yeah.
Pound 4:

3: Amsah
4: Armada
17: over triforce
17: Zgetto
17: Remen
33: Adam
33: strawhat dahean

Ridiculous EU representation
It's pretty good, no doubt, but the way some europeans pop off you might expect it to be much better than that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you mean the way Leffen pops off

...and then nobodies that are comparable to our crush/varist/etc. players that are just annoying on the boards

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Because he is the only peach player at the level that he should be winning.

How good you are =/= consistency

Consistency = being able to perform at a similar level on the majority/all occasions.

Top Bottom