• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

crush

Smash Master
i only watched 1 vid so far but its hard to critique u when u r clearly ****** some1 lol. idk play a better marth or anybody at that and ill critique u. nice double shines tho. um but i would use those more towards the edge its sends people at funny angles. and waveshine grab u air is essential in mu where the shine doesnt knock the opponent down. i saw u use it maybe 1x maybe do more of those.
u cant really waveshine grab vs marth in PAL because it always knocks him down

unknown522

Some guy
so, all of a sudden I'm out a teammate for APEX. Any of the top foxes looking for a teammate?

I'm aiming for top 8. Also, I refuse to carry people (don't mean to sound elitist and stuff).

PK Webb

Smash Champion
u cant really waveshine grab vs marth in PAL because it always knocks him down
if he is playing pal thinder combo grab/usmash.....there is always a way for fox man

unknown i dont if druggedfox has a teammate ask him

mad hyped for apex.

practicing 10 times as much as any of you, prepare to get your mind fkn blown away ;o

edit: SW/Lovage/Toph/any1cool, Fox ditto MM please. I need experience in it ;)
if u dare i can mm u with yoshi too but that'd be hard on you ;>
id be down to fox ditto mm. your fox is dope

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Ib + unknown hype =p

Kage, do you really think that marth vs ganon is even? I was more pointing out the lack of character variety that hes beaten, but I also think that ganon marth is... Uh, unfortunate for ganon xD

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why's that? I think it's almost even just a bit Marth advantage. I don't see what the big deal is with that match-up. It's definitely easier than spacies/Sheik and even Falcon/Peach, hell maybe even jiggs.

unknown522

Some guy
unknown you can only use 2 characters on a team in smash
we cheat.

But yeah, we both use falco (but who doesn't nowadays?) so that's why I listed him

Really? I.B. is coming now? Nice! =D
yes!!!! i really want to rematch him from last apex. ive gotten so much better vs marth(THX 2 niko continuously ****** my stuff) so i was hoping he would show:bee:
yeah, he registered a while ago.

I still need to reg.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Idk, marth's sword is obnoxious for ganon to deal with if marth knows how to abuse it; if ganon goes into the air, marth can just air to air beat him. If ganon stays grounded he loses to marth's dash dance game. The offstage game is in marth's favor (they both edgeguard each other pretty hard... but at least marth has a *chance* to come back), and the punishment game is only equal if ganon gets marth above him (while marth can just lead any throw into a 0-death -.-). Assuming the marth avoids shielding, ganon doesn't really have a good way to land a hit, either.

I've just always felt that it was a pretty easy matchup for marth, that's all =P

leffen

Smash Champion
gl unknown n IB, what happend to KK? he be teaming with vanz?

hmmm, I think I should practice and implement air shine->(dj)shine, à la javi. feels dope when I do it

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
How good is dair>grab?
Really, really good; way more people should use it (though it *is* a bit hard to do).

Why do dair-->shine--> no guaranteed followup on fox/falco/pikachu/whoever when you could get a guaranteed grab --> ****? I mean near the edge and stuff is an exception since you could get them off stage, but generally speaking dair-->grab is better against people that get knocked down by shine.

Also, sometimes they might go slightly out of range for shine after a drill so in those instances grab or uptilt might combo when shine would miss.

leffen

Smash Champion
dair->grab/utilt is really inconsistent for a combo... it has a very very small window thats very hard to manage (since its not 1 hit move like falcos dair) and staling affects dair heavily too =/

dair->utilt/grab is still better to do most time since its really hard to escape if you mixup it properly.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
As in like, utilt them onto a platform? Or just at low percentages?

vs. spacies if we're under a platform and/or there are low ones like on PS I like to dair to grab, uthrow, and then dair to grab on the platform to whatever

unknown522

Some guy
drill -> grab is amazing!!!!!!!

words...can't....describe....

But yeah, as Leffen said it is sometimes inconsistent because of the small window to combo. Still, if you're facing a non-spacie then you can beat out most characters options if you're slightly off or something

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
See you at apex unknown. My last day on the internet before apex.

Drill grab is legit especially on platforms.

leffen

Smash Champion
hay.

if u wanna see some really fkn good drill useage, watch PC chris fox. hes omgsogoodatusingthem.

also: jmans a ****ing hbox. hes so horribly boring to watch and hes bad, even at being gay hes bad (he cant cg lollll) and he be mad overrated and stuff.
that he and other average **** foxes still do well just proves how fkn broken this character really is lol.

PB&J

Smash Hero
jman isnt overrated at all actually,he is the only player besides shiz that only plays @ tournies,he doesnt practice this game since before pound 4. He might be boring to watch sometimes but i think he is really smart when you play him in person

leffen

Smash Champion
"jman isnt overrated at all actually"

yes he is, because:
"he is the only player besides shiz that only plays @ tournies,he doesnt practice this game since before pound 4."

and comparing shiz to jman is fkn laughable btw, shiz enters less then a tenth of what jman does LOL.
honestly I think that jman is worse than a lot of fox's, including around 4 european ones.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I always dair>Utilt and get messed up for it. It's just a stupid habit. I need to get these stupid habits gone so I can flourish once again. I can never ever get off shorthop dairs :/
I usually approach with shine....and I try my hardest not to just nair at them unless they are cornered.

leffen

Smash Champion
running shine is so freaking broken its not funny lol.

however, running shining at the same place without the use of prediction and without proper use of your jump canceling abilities isnt broken.

PB&J

Smash Hero
jman is Good ,he always gets top 7, he wins when he goes out of state,but i guess it doesnt matter what i say,just play him when you see him

and on running shine, merc,soft and me,do it alot, it is amazing against falco

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Soooooooo, waveshine out of shield (without noticable rising off the ground) is really effing hard on my fingers. Seems like the way I do it, my thumb literally has no time to go back to y to start the wavedash out of the shine (I do shine out of shield with just a sliding from y->b with thumb). Any better ways of going about it?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Leffen complaining about good players being called good? What else is new

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Leffen complaining about good players being called good? What else is new
Idk but he would certainly own faces easily, didn't he get 4th at RoM 4 and Zenith? Ya I thought so.. =) I'm sure he'd still be able to body all the Foxes, except maybe M2k's but even then he can probably still beat him. (I don't think I've seen a fox ditto vs Mango though, but anyways he destroys everybody.)

EU Foxes are easy mode.

Niko45

Smash Master
Leffen you're on ****ing crack bro...

Jman is still the best placing fox consistently and hasn't even given a **** for over a year at least. 4 EU foxes better? cmon....

leffen

Smash Champion
i'd say lovage or unknown places better than him (i've done good too but US is the only thing that counts I guess since you use that as a argument for EU fox's being worse).

also:who has he really beat in the past year or so [except hax half of the time, who lovage also beat BTW]

and why do you keep spewing johns for him that adds to my argument, you don't make any sense.
also:I think he's good, just overrated and not that close to best fox TBH.

/flameshield

Top Bottom