• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
lol

Not if he retreats.

Or does it under a platform.

Good Falco's won't let you just hit them for free with a tool like that. (Even though it is possible to SH too close to them and get hit)
Ok, but just because something isn't bad doesn't mean you can't get punished for doing it wrong. I wouldn't want new players to come in this thread and see your initial statement and think "oh I can just laser all the time and be safe". True Falco's lasers are amazing, but Falco is also very vulnerable if he doesn't know when and where to laser, especially against characters like Fox and Falcon.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i agree.

i thought unknown should have went on to play axe at apex.

but then we might not have got to see axe tear everyone up <3
and besides, i love raynex too <3

SOMETIMEESS THE HARDEST THING AND THE RIGHT THING ARE THE SAAAAMMMEEE.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
just lurking around i've noticed kk's post are becomming overall bizarre and seem like 100% the first tihng that comes to his mind lol.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i think the longer u are around and the lower the post count the better AND cooler of a smasher u will be in real life LOL

according to statistics

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've never cared about my post count

but that might be because i've amassed like 40,000 posts on another gaming website, and 10,000 on yet another before ever joining smashboards >_>

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
it really just shows how lazy you are IMO

like why not just study youtube VIDEOS of godly pros rather then spend all that time talking about how things r used.. to then just get advice from a noob who says the opposite of what u saw in the pro video.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well there are a number of reasons.

First of all, simply watchig videos, a lot of the time, you dont even understand why a Pro did a certain move in a certain situation as opposed to using some other strategy. Especially when you're starting out, watching really high level vids can only help insofar as you already understand 100% of whats happening. Newer players might not even understand why (for example) mango isnt being sheild grabbed when he fades away with nair while pressuring.

Secondly, it can take hours (or be flatout impossible) to find a video to cover a specific situation you're having trouble with. Its impractical to search through the thousands of hours of youtube vids to find a solution to something you can just ask about here.

And finally, its entertaining to discuss things with other people who share common interests. :/

Brookman

Smash Hero
well there are a number of reasons.

First of all, simply watchig videos, a lot of the time, you dont even understand why a Pro did a certain move in a certain situation as opposed to using some other strategy. Especially when you're starting out, watching really high level vids can only help insofar as you already understand 100% of whats happening. Newer players might not even understand why (for example) mango isnt being sheild grabbed when he fades away with nair while pressuring.

Secondly, it can take hours (or be flatout impossible) to find a video to cover a specific situation you're having trouble with. Its impractical to search through the thousands of hours of youtube vids to find a solution to something you can just ask about here.

And finally, its entertaining to discuss things with other people who share common interests. :/
Dude, you sound like a Customer Service Machine here.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
LOLOL "First of all... Secondly.. And Finally..."

but nah i promise u watching thousands of hours of vids will get u a thousand times better than talking on here fah dayz :psycho:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Dude, you sound like a Customer Service Machine here.
meh, posting trash got old for me a while ago, maybe after a while i'll morph into KK

LOLOL "First of all... Secondly.. And Finally..."

but nah i promise u watching thousands of hours of vids will get u a thousand times better than talking on here fah dayz :psycho:
to each their own i guess

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I've watched thousands of hours of videos and I still suck

I'm pretty sure arguing over whether YouTube or Smashboards is better for smash improvement is kind of the bottom of the barrel

lets talk about something else

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
and whats even better than both of those options?! *gasp* actually playing the game? omgg learning through your own experiences?! noo wayyy all fox needs is frame by frame data to tell us how to win hahaha

Kanelol

Smash Lord
***** please I practice tech skill n **** at least 3 hours a day

also, frame by frame data is pretty useful

as Fox

sorta

kinda

yknow, when you think about it

that, and this thread is mad fun

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'll return that friendly insult in your direction, cause there's obviously something you don't get.

In example:

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
You can learn the same thing from playing a large amount of matches (aka gaining experience) and testing moves on your own. M2k didn't have AR and he seems to know a lot ranges of moves and frame data.

Sure seeing the actual hitbox will facilitate this learning process, but you can find out that same data by actually hitting someone with that top part of the bair.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ps also playing lots of matches makes you better painstakingly slowly. you have to study as well, and figure out where to improve.

Top Bottom