• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Tomacawk

Smash Master
How does one pivot these aerials? I know how to reverse blaster, is it like that?
when you're dding, jump on the same frame that you turn around in your dd and you'll jump with no momentum from a standstill because you jumped on the frame in between your dashes
tbh idk if it's the exact frame but it's timed like it is to me at least
just practice it and you'll do it and see it
chivalruse said:
I pivot fair and nair with marth.
weirdo lol

EWC

Smash Ace
I use pivot nair and bair with fox, but never dair. That being said, I think shield-stop->airial is more useful, becasue you can actually control where you do it as opposed to only being able to jump in the spot where you turn around. Both moves are very useful for rapidly adjusting spacing at close range.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
please watch it. I have a time code in the URL, it will take 5 seconds of your time and you will be able to add to the discussion.
I already stated reasons why I think pivot dair is good. If you try to grab instead but if whiffs, a whiffed dair is quicker, but it shouldn't whiff anyway. It leads into grab(so it's the same but better), or shine, or mindgames.also when I try to pivot grab at the spacing so close where pivot dair works, I always **** it up. I know others may not have this problem, but it is for me the best option. Refer to earlier posts for more info on it if you want to. I'd like to hear everybody's opinion, but raynex specifically is who I'm waiting on to answer it because he will know what is best
dair leads into mindgames.

Lovage

Smash Hero
tech skill horse is pretty fun i've played it a few times

the rules are just like horse except you get 2 or 3 tries for each trick. and we usually don't let ppl lose on techniques they just don't know how to do. for instance i would beat silent wolf (and most smashers) just by doing running shield drop routines cuz very few ppl do them.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol i remember when you first learned shield drop n could barely do it

you said it was hard , then i did it like my first 5 times in a row n atlus laughed at you . . . good times lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Dash on a platform, interrupt your dash by shielding. You can also slowly move the stick while holding your shield. Basically, while your stick is in this position you can't roll. Smash the stick from the full horizonal position into the diagonal position below it. For some reason, I have trouble doing this technique with certain controllers (including my current controller, with which I can only do it facing to the left T_T).

I don't know much about shield dropping without using this method. I just wish I could do it and I have no idea how HugS does it on command.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i'm bad at it but i smash down but not all the way
like push it fast but stop when it moves a bit

o/t why do so many people have a sonic icon now?

that

SCOTU

Smash Hero
probably pretty good if the fox is worse than the other player. Alternatively, look at M2K's fox on corneria vs anyone i.e. Drephen/Mango

PK Webb

Smash Champion
happy birthday raynex....no lie i just watched u vs mango...sum epic stuff in there like cheese inside pizzahut pizza crust

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
birthday blaze + anything = win

birthday sex + anything = win

combination of both may have disastrous effects.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
i dunno why but im so bad at jab canceling

is their a easy method to do it or do you just need to be fast?

edit: happy belated birthday Raynex!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
facing ->

hold the control stick in the notch between left and down. press a

reverse for the other direction.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Alright.
I know some of you still hold a grudge against me for behaving like a n00b, and I'm sorry.
So, I went out and found someone better to fight.
He's the best guy I know that lives nearby, but he uses Kirby, so I don't know how much good fighting him is to me.
Everyone else that's better is either somewhere in hiding or outside city limits, which means I can't fight them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kziafAxSv2k
That's the match.
What all do I need to work on?
I'm aware the charged usmash was ********, and that should've dashdanced a lot more.
But as far as combos and other aspects of gameplay go, what should I work on?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
PCHU, stop posting videos. We can't help you until you play somebody who knows how to play this game. All you're doing is spamming moves. That's it. And often times you're using the wrong one in the wrong situation. Pros don't just pull random moves out of their hat and say "ok gunna toss in this one", and they don't make random movements. Everything is calculated, precise, and purposeful.
So I will, for the last time, respectfully ask you to stop requesting critiques when there's very little we can help you with.

PCHU

Smash Lord
PCHU, stop posting videos. We can't help you until you play somebody who knows how to play this game. All you're doing is spamming moves. That's it. And often times you're using the wrong one in the wrong situation. Pros don't just pull random moves out of their hat and say "ok gunna toss in this one", and they don't make random movements. Everything is calculated, precise, and purposeful.
So I will, for the last time, respectfully ask you to stop requesting critiques when there's very little we can help you with.
Oh.
Ok, then.

all i have to say is your not supposed to approach, but if you absolutely have to

NAIR > DAIR
nair is pretty bad unless youre hitting them while theyre in the air. they can crouch cancel shield grab it up until like 70 or 80%. if they cc and shield, the shield stops a lot of their momentum making nair pretty much useless while theyre on the ground.

voorhese

Smash Master
nair is pretty bad unless youre hitting them while theyre in the air. they can crouch cancel shield grab it up until like 70 or 80%. if they cc and shield, the shield stops a lot of their momentum making nair pretty much useless while theyre on the ground.
=(

huh, well i use the nair after the peek of my jump and that seems to stop shield grabs

but i dont get the pleasure of playing good players untill i go to tourneys (which i dont do very often)

so i does the late nair stop shieldgrabs, or are the people i play just slow shieldgrabbers?

also if it does how about the CC also? they dont do that to often, but when they do (normally a CC d-smash w/ peach or something) i just thought i missed and l-cancel or something cuz it works most of the time on them, but like i said most the people i play are bad (there is 1 person i play who isnt bad, but he doesnt CC he sheildgrabs)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yes, late nairs would cause enough shieldstun so that you can shine and avoid an SG.

A later nair would also protect you from a CCC. However, delaying your nair might be impractical at times, such as after a waveshine since it might give them enough time to attack before you nair.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yes, late nairs would cause enough shieldstun so that you can shine and avoid an SG.

A later nair would also protect you from a CCC. However, delaying your nair might be impractical at times, such as after a waveshine since it might give them enough time to attack before you nair.
well i mix it up, but if im not grabbing im nairing, i use the dair in shine combos, but i usually dont approach with it, if they sheild the late nair, i usually shine -> grab, or shine -> nair (while holding away)

Top Bottom