• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION

How does Fox handle Falcon's Nair? What are some good ways to beat it in the neutral state?

Also, if he hits your shield with it, what are some good options? If he spaces it perfectly and doesn't space it perfectly. It's really hard to DD away from, it goes forever.
Try to hit in between his nairs with yours or a bair or wait for him to land and sh at him and shine (more effective on platform stages since you can jump out of it, waveland on a platform and fall on him with an aerial)

after the first hit hits your shield, wd back. if it isnt spaced just grab or if theres platforms and its not spaced jump, shine out of shield, waveland on platform, fall on him etc

Turazrok

Smash Master
Can someone direct me to a video of waveshine being used in a tourney match... I've never seen it.

edit: how should I use it?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
imo missing the usmash isn't worth it vs. Falcon. All he needs is one knockdown/grab. Just SH shine or something. Only time you should attempt usmash oos is when he does one of his slower aerials into your shield like knee/bair.

Till what percent can peach CC fox's Dtilt?

If my nair makes me to far to shine id usually jab but i dont want to eat a dsmash.
You shouldn't be nairing Peaches on approach to begin with. Jabbing after aerials is also a terrible habit vs. characters like Peach or Samus. Both moves will get you CC *****.

Only use dtilt on peach over 60. Even at that percent, her CC might ground her when you hit. You should be using moves that aren't dtilt anyways. This is especially important once you land a shine and have a guaranteed combo. Thats when usmash and grab come into play.

Lovage

Smash Hero
imo missing the usmash isn't worth it vs. Falcon. All he needs is one knockdown/grab. Just SH shine or something. Only time you should attempt usmash oos is when he does one of his slower aerials into your shield like knee/bair.

You shouldn't be nairing Peaches on approach to begin with. Jabbing after aerials is also a terrible habit vs. characters like Peach or Samus. Both moves will get you CC *****.

Only use dtilt on peach over 60. Even at that percent, her CC might ground her when you hit. You should be using moves that aren't dtilt anyways. This is especially important once you land a shine and have a guaranteed combo. Thats when usmash and grab come into play.
jabbing after aerials is also extremely bad against marth and sheik, both can shield grab you easily

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
Iv just picked up fox recently, and i had afew questions about him, i apologize if these questions have been answered before.

i have fox's wavedash down and can usually do his waveshine, but sometimes when i try to waveshine the opposite direction fox is facing, he just turns around. i was wondering why this is.

my other question is about foxes multishine. i cant seem to hit the input for it fast enough to stay on the ground consistantly, iv been trying to do it with my index and mid finger alternating on b and x while holding down, i was wondering wat the easiest way to do it was, or if its just one of those things that practice makes perfect

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Iv just picked up fox recently, and i had afew questions about him, i apologize if these questions have been answered before.

i have fox's wavedash down and can usually do his waveshine, but sometimes when i try to waveshine the opposite direction fox is facing, he just turns around. i was wondering why this is.

my other question is about foxes multishine. i cant seem to hit the input for it fast enough to stay on the ground consistantly, iv been trying to do it with my index and mid finger alternating on b and x while holding down, i was wondering wat the easiest way to do it was, or if its just one of those things that practice makes perfect
If you're turning around in your shine and not wavedashing, it's because you're pushing the control stick too early. Push the control stick immediately after you jump out of the shine, not before you jump.

Probably the easiest method for multishining is using your thumb to hit Y and then immediately slide down to B, then repeat.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Let the control stick go to it's neutral position after the shine, then wavedash.

It'll prevent you from inputting something weird and undesirable. Like an illusion.

noodles

Smash Champion
What do i do when a samus is spacing ftilt on my sheild (im by the ledge)? Im considering side bing oos lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Roll towards and shine. Chances are your 1 frame invincibility will beat her next move at point blank.
Roll backwards to the edge and laser. When she approaches jump over and try to shine her off or bair.
WD towards out of shield and shine.
jump out of shield and land on her with dair.
jump out of shield and bair her from behind -> shine -> run away.
Wd towards out of shield and put your shield up again. If she ftilts, you'll be in shield grab/usmash oos/shine oss range.

There are more options, but its all situational. If you're near platforms you can simply jump out of your shield and waveland onto them and do whatever from there. Just try not to get cornered. Keep moving, keep lasering, keep shining.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I don't know if you guys knew this but.

Samus projectile camping > fox's.

Fox always has to approach a good samus.

If not, show me a game where fox out camps a CAMPY samus.

I don't know if you guys knew this but.

Samus projectile camping > fox's.

Fox always has to approach a good samus.

If not, show me a game where fox out camps a CAMPY samus.
fox only needs to approach when hes trying to kill (by approach i mean react to an opening when samus is forced to approach), its not actually that hard to avoid anything samus has to offer long range and still get a reasonable amount of lasers in.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yea samus' projectile game is pretty bad... laser laser laser laser nair/bair/reflect/jump over the missle laser laser laser laser laser. samus will come for you eventually.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah she might eventually approach. Maybe she will just close the gap of camping with projectiles and zone fox in the corner for gimps.

Samus can be hella lame to play against. Strange char.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am just wondering. Is there a thread around here that I should use to get my
crappy
Fox critiqued or should I use this thread?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Post links here. We'll be here to give you the advice you need.

edit: 4pm-6pm tomorrow I'll be here exclusively for vids in the Fox boards. <3 L

PB&J

Smash Hero
i watched the first 2 vids. i think u have the right direction besides double jumping at the wrong times, but i think if u play more people u will become beast..oh and try traveling outside of cali for once

L__

Smash Master
Well...

I might be traveling to SoCal for Pat's House, going to R3...I can't exactly travel often at the moment. My mom would be pissed knowing I'd travel so far for a video game tournament.

Otherwise, I'd go to Pound 4

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm aware that this question has been asked thousands of times, but is it better to get used to jumping with Y or X? It's preference for the most part, I'm aware, but SHDL seems much easier with Y, and it also seems like most people start with X and switch to Y. Suggestions, and or pros/cons of each?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright, when i'm any character, what do i do to Fox's Lcanceled Dair Shine Bair (all in one motion), like when i shield, i can't do ****, not even roll. gay

Top Bottom