• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you've made your case, and you've convinced me... along with the fact that for the most part, this game has come a long way and likely won't go *that* much farther as far as character metagames go, as in enough to drastically change match-ups.

Alright, pro-ban it is then.
Melee and Third Strike? K.. well I can just go to HD Remix and cite how Akuma is banned as well because he has too many options over the other characters. Like air fireballs and air fireballs to ultra if blocked for example.. he has a metagame unlike any other characters... exactly like MK. =P

D

Deleted member

So anti-ban likes Sirlin for their requirements for a ban, right?

So after we kiss Sirlin's *** to not ban this OP character who is hated by so many members of the community, can we unban Planking/the 50 ledgegrab rule to make him even better and more hated? It's what Sirlin would do, after all.
the anti-ban side had nothing to do with sirlin's arguments. if you don't know what you're talking about, don't make theories that back your inane guesswork.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FMOI, haven't you heard the latest news? Marth isn't tourney viable, lolz

Edit @ Ryko: Where's ur word? omg I was looking forward to your adjective to get me thru the day T_T
*burp* Because of Metaknight, truth be told. Despite being in the same boat as Olimar and Pikachu, he somehow gets by decently enough despite Metaknight easily being his worst match up.

iRJi

Smash Champion
it's Not Nitpicking, It's ****ing Truth. It Cost Me A Grand Total Of 18 Bucks To Get To Inui's Hotel During Cot4, And While I Was There I Could Have Played People From Canada, Md/va, Florida And Surrounding States, Mi, Jersey, And Ny All The Same. The Only Region I Would Have Missed Out On Seeing Was Texas. You Know How Much The Cot4 Weekend Cost Me? Way More Than 18 Bucks, That's For **** Sure. I Can Easily Practice Against High Level Players All Across This Region For Way More Time And Way Less Money Than Going To A Tournament, It's Not Nitpicking If It's True.

Now This, This Is Nitpicking. The End Is The Money, The Win Is The Means By Which You Reach The End. Don't Argue Semantics Buddy, It Doesn't Change The Result.

You Know Nothing Of My Maturity, Bringing Up A Non-sequitur Because You're Lacking A Point Speaks Far More About Yours Than It Ever Will About Mine.

Lolololololol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well...I have yet to see any Anti-ban retort to Ryko's argument...

C'mon you guys, you usually respond to a new pro-ban point in a heart beat. You're slackin'. :laugh:

Wisp

Smash Rookie
How well has this been working out for you?
Won any national tournaments lately?
It's comments like this (and there have been a lot in this thread) that are so needlessly scathing while trying to make a point which make me ashamed of the smash community sometimes.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
It's the fact that too many players pick metaknight, not that he is broken. Imagine half of everyone at the tournament picks Falco. There would be a good 4 falcos in the top 10. It's like those stupid *** math questions.

"If you have 5000 blue m(etaknight)arbles in a bag, and 1 red one, which has a better chance of being picked?"

To an overexaggerated tone of course.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
the anti-ban side had nothing to do with sirlin's arguments. if you don't know what you're talking about, don't make theories that back your inane guesswork.
I guess you guys forgot about FOW the Ness mainer beating MK now do you?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
It's comments like this (and there have been a lot in this thread) that are so needlessly scathing while trying to make a point which make me ashamed of the smash community sometimes.
I love you

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy

C'mon you guys, you usually respond to a new pro-ban point in a heart beat. You're slackin'. :laugh:
That's probably because it's a good argument and none of us can think of a response to it, or those that can't aren't here, or that it's the winning point, or w/e. So far I think he makes good arguments that I didn't see for the most part before, which is enough to convince me.

iRJi

Smash Champion
My good man, do explain about these hearty laughing out louds you are having!
I know ryko personally. When I imagin his face and his tone of voice when he is saying that, it is a very Lol moment.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I'm not very proficient in my matchups, so not well. Once I get the knowledge and experience against all the characters so I can meet the requirements of high-level play, I'll get back to you. I still have a long ways to go before I reach that, though, so don't hold your breath over it.

I used to have counterpicks for a lot more characters than the ones I do now, but then I realized that counterpicking for character Ganondorf can beat is trash and I should have just went Ganondorf the whole time. I paid for it and now I have the long process of mastering matchups like Diddy Kong and Metaknight with Ganondorf. I'm ready for the challenge, though. Not to mention I have a blast at tournaments and can compete with top players in the matchups I am comfortable with.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's not nitpicking, it's ****ing truth. It cost me a grand total of 18 bucks to get to inui's hotel during COT4, and while i was there I could have played people from Canada, MD/VA, MI, Jersey, and NY all the same. The ONLY region I would have missed out on seeing was texas. You know how much the COT4 weekend cost me? WAY more than 18 bucks, that's for **** sure. I can easily practice against high level players all across this region for way more time and way less money than going to a tournament, it's not nitpicking if it's true.
$18????
The socal Genesis bus and hotels were hundreds of dollars. Maybe you just got off lucky, but there is NO WAY people usually pay that much to go to major tournaments. Free housing? Ok. Free transportation too? Do you live where the tournament was hosted or something?
Even if this is true, people pay a lot more to go to big tournaments then that, that's for sure.

My points about paying so much to enter a tournament you're sure to not win still stands.

Now THIS, THIS is nitpicking. The end is the money, the win is the means by which you reach the end. Don't argue semantics buddy, it doesn't change the result.
Uh, on it's not. At least I address all your points.
"Why do you main Ike"

*no response*

And that's sure to happen again when you quote me on this.

Again, just because you CAN win money at the tournament, doesn't mean that is the reason you entered in the first place.
You know nothing of my maturity, bringing up a non-sequitur because you're lacking a point speaks far more about yours than it ever will about mine.
Because they get hyped into paying for jason's college fund and we adopted some sort of social praise system for people who do relatively well while still coming out to a financial loss. Gold stars in kindergarten cost less to achieve and mean about as much.

iRJi

Smash Champion
It's the fact that too many players pick metaknight, not that he is broken. Imagine half of everyone at the tournament picks Falco. There would be a good 4 falcos in the top 10. It's like those stupid *** math questions.

"If you have 5000 blue m(etaknight)arbles in a bag, and 1 red one, which has a better chance of being picked?"

To an overexaggerated tone of course.
Are you saying that this is the reason that he is getting banned?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Er... it's not like he would be winning national tournaments with Ganondorf if Metaknight was gone. If he was using someone who was borderline viable like Pikachu, Olimar, or ROB then yes, he'd definately have more of a shot of winning a big tournament with Metaknight out of the picture.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

I did awhile ago. I really don't feel like getting it, but it was along the lines of:

Banning MK would still be admitting that he's unbeatable regardless of the intention backing the ban. Be it promoting diversity or simply to even out tourney results (which is stupid btw. Snake's gap from MK is as large as the gap between him and the next person behind him), MK isn't unbeatable and many have proven it.

Instead of banning him to get a more diverse circle of high tiers winning tourneys, everyone should get BETTER like Neo and Holy and a bunch of other pros beating MKs without resorting to using him. Thus, making us a stronger community as a whole, and giving more depth to this game.

iRJi

Smash Champion
$18????
The socal Genesis bus and hotels were hundreds of dollars. Maybe you just got off lucky, but there is NO WAY people usually pay that much to go to major tournaments. Free housing? Ok. Free transportation too? Do you live where the tournament was hosted or something?
Even if this is true, people pay a lot more to go to big tournaments then that, that's for sure.

My points about paying so much to enter a tournament you're sure to not win still stands.

Uh, on it's not. At least I address all your points.
"Why do you main Ike"

*no response*

And that's sure to happen again when you quote me on this.

Again, just because you CAN win money at the tournament, doesn't mean that is the reason you entered in the first place.
Just to add this in, He doesn't main Ike anymore, he mains snake =]

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
tony said:
Oh the point he was trying to make was clear as day to me.

He's trying to say the Smash community is more active than the SF community, which is fairly false.
Actually it had nothing to do with that. It was about people saying Brawl was dying in comparison to Melee - which is completely false.

However, since you brought up SFIV, good luck actually backing your claim up with evidence. After EVO most players went home and are now gonna wait a few weeks for their next tournament. Until someone spends the time to actual compile info about SFIV then its just baseless claims.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm not johning for him. I don't even know the guy. That's why he lost.

I almost beat Tyrant the first match I ever played with him, and then he ***** me next time we played in tournement because he LEARNED THE MATCHUP.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm not very proficient in my matchups, so not well. Once I get the knowledge and experience against all the characters so I can meet the requirements of high-level play, I'll get back to you. I still have a long ways to go before I reach that, though, so don't hold your breath over it.

I used to have counterpicks for a lot more characters than the ones I do now, but then I realized that counterpicking for character Ganondorf can beat is trash and I should have just went Ganondorf the whole time. I paid for it and now I have the long process of mastering matchups like Diddy Kong and Metaknight with Ganondorf. I'm ready for the challenge, though. Not to mention I have a blast at tournaments and can compete with top players in the matchups I am comfortable with.
That's right stick with the Ganon madness.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I'm not johning for him. I don't even know the guy. That's why he lost.

I almost beat Tyrant the first match I ever played with him, and then he ***** my next time because he LEARNED THE MATCHUP.
I know you aren't johning for him. You're johning for a john.

Which is awesome.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Omg @ people still bringing this up.

It's because he didn't know the freaking matchup.
If Metaknight was broken, he wouldn't have to know the matchup. He would have just exploited Metaknight's broken attributes and won easily because Metaknight destroys every other character, especially Ness that hard.

Tyrant's also a top player that has been maining Metaknight for over a year. A top player with a character advantage beating another top player? MADNESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom