• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight isn't really that good.

Sure, he can get to the smash ball faster than anyone else, but his weaker moves have trouble breaking it, and may even send it towards his opponents! Even if he gets his final smash, he can have trouble getting a kill with it.

Also, I believe you can break his tornado with nearly every item in the game!

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Er... it's not like he would be winning national tournaments with Ganondorf if Metaknight was gone. If he was using someone who was borderline viable like Pikachu, Olimar, or ROB then yes, he'd definately have more of a shot of winning a big tournament with Metaknight out of the picture.
He claimed you dont have to switch to MK to win if you are a high/ mid tier if you want a chance at winning.
I was pointing out the fact that he hasnt been winning with his obvious low tier.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
$18????
The socal Genesis bus and hotels were hundreds of dollars. Maybe you just got off lucky, but there is NO WAY people usually pay that much to go to major tournaments. Free housing? Ok. Free transportation too? Do you live where the tournament was hosted or something?
Even if this is true, people pay a lot more to go to big tournaments then that, that's for sure.
My point was that traveling to inui's hotel and being able to play all those people cost far less than staying for the entire weekend and paying an extra 40 or so bucks to do the events. I got more practice at the hotel than I did at the event (I will say I learned more about the wario matchup at COT4 but that wasn't even during an event I just asked Eli to sit down and play for a bit while **** was winding down).

My points about paying so much to enter a tournament you're sure to not win still stands.
And my point about being being hyped into paying for jason's college fund still stands.

Furthermore

Because they get hyped into paying for jason's college fund and we adopted some sort of social praise system for people who do relatively well while still coming out to a financial loss. Gold stars in kindergarten cost less to achieve and mean about as much.
There's nothing immature about that statement. It's cynical and mocking, yes, but you don't become cynical by being naive and lacking maturity.

Uh, on it's not. At least I address all your points.
Poorly, which is just wasted effort.

"Why do you main Ike"

*no response*
I mained Ike out of stupidity (especially considering I liked playing d3, diddy, and snake at JP launch and I stuck with Ike). I still play him because I went casual months ago and he hasn't been my main since well before the point I went casual. I am still capable of playing at a competitive level though so whatever.

Again, just because you CAN win money at the tournament, doesn't mean that is the reason you entered in the first place.
If it isnt the reason you entered a tournament, then you wasted money, which is stupid.

Matador said:
*Jizzes*

Consequently.
Primarily.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Sure, he can get to the smash ball faster than anyone else, but his weaker moves have trouble breaking it, and may even send it towards his opponents! Even if he gets his final smash, he can have trouble getting a kill with it.

But that's a match with weapons, were talking a match without weapons.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
And is mk one of this MUs?
Since I used to use another character to fight Metaknight before realizing that I'm trash with that character, no, Metaknight is not one of those matchups. If I'm going to be a top player, I'm going to have to beat this matchup like every other stinking person playing this game.

For the record, the time when I decided to just go Ganon was last week in a tournament. I got three-stocked using the player I normally used to fight MK, so I went "screw it, I'm going Ganon." I almost won. Doesn't seem to be an impossible road for me.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace

This better be a troll.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Baro are you trying to be funny? It's really not working out so well. :x

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
He claimed you dont have to switch to MK to win if you are a high/ mid tier if you want a chance at winning.
I was pointing out the fact that he hasnt been winning with his obvious low tier.
Player skill and knowledge of matchups is more important than character selection. I do not know my matchups well, so I don't win.

C what i did thar?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I guess you guys forgot about FOW the Ness mainer beating MK now do you?
I guess you forgot FOW lost against Tyrant's Meta Knight at Genesis.
Omg @ people still bringing this up.

It's because he didn't know the freaking matchup.
Do you realize what you replied too? How was he beating MKs if he didn't know the match up?

It seems more like he beat MKs because they didn't know the match up.

Depends on where Luigi is when MK stops the nado. If his Usmash is anything like Mario's, it beats MK's from the bottom. If his Nair is as fast as Mario's, which it is, he can DI -> Nair.
What are all these IFs? You said he had a counter but you don't actually know if they work? Why don't you go check before you correct people about luigi having a counter to tornado or not.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Baro are you trying to be funny? It's really not working out so well. :x
Shhh, don't hurt his feelings.

Do you realize what you replied too? How was he beating MKs if he didn't know the match up?

... Yeah, the second line is what he was saying. The first was never the case.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight's weight allows him to be killed with like, ANY tilt at ANY percent if he accidentally gets a poison mushroom.

He's not so broken when you play with items.
Please marry me.

We're all missing the REAL issue guys. it's that IKE is the broken character. That forward smash, it comes out at the speed of light, its undodgable, unblockable, and the hitbox takes up the whole screen. Whenever I play an Ike I just put down the controller and cry.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
I use to main MK, and even though I don't main him anymore, I don't think he should be banned.

I think Chillin proved MK isn't broken when he beat Forte last year. Candy proved it at Apex when he beat Dojo in tourney and in their MM. And Ally, of course, has been proving it by beating the best MK around, M2K.

Being broken, or worthy of a ban, to me, implies that the character is unbeatable. I don't think that applies to MK. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I'm just tired of people calling for the ban just because THEY can't beat MK.

And banning him is only going to make more people turn to Snake and Dedede as their new mains. Then what?!?!

We'll just have to wait and see what happens but I don't think he's going to be banned.

Just my 10 cents.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Meta Knight's weight allows him to be killed with like, ANY tilt at ANY percent if he accidentally gets a poison mushroom.

He's not so broken when you play with items.
This is some clever SFIV troll, right? Shoryuken forums would have us believe in items.
Either way, it's not funny.

gallax

Smash Hero
people really need to read the entire argument and watch the videos and all and then make their choice. do not just say i dont think he should be banned or needs to be banned without educating yourself first. please dont vote without having the knowledge.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
people really need to read the entire argument and watch the videos and all and then make their choice. do not just say i dont think he should be banned or needs to be banned without educating yourself first. please dont vote without having the knowledge.
I wish everyone would do that, but apparently it's more important to vote for the lulz. ;~;

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Please marry me.

We're all missing the REAL issue guys. it's that IKE is the broken character. That forward smash, it comes out at the speed of light, its undodgable, unblockable, and the hitbox takes up the whole screen. Whenever I play an Ike I just put down the controller and cry.
Oh, come on. Ike's sword isn't nearly that big. He's got a very good final smash, but you're exaggerating with his speed. The forward smash usually only hits with the help of a deku nut or pitfall. His item specific attacks leave a bit to be desired too. What makes him good, however, is how well he can adapt to the items. If there are no items, he can use neutral airs, tilts, and jab the day away. When he starts getting items that stun and pokes and assists, the smashes really get the kills he needs! He's definately high tier, but not broken.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol
Baro knows.
Aside from IDC, MK isn't a problem with items.

Also, MK's final smash looks like Akuma's raging demon. Think about it.
-crap range.
-screen goes black when it hits.
-everybody dies in a flash.

It's brilliant on the part of Sakurai.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Oh, come on. Ike's sword isn't nearly that big. You're exaggerating with his speed. It usually only hits with the help of a deku nut or pitfall. He's mid high tier, but not broken.
Dont be stupid. It's more ridiculous than Snake's tilt hitboxes.

Oh I forgot to mention, the Ikes have found an AT that makes you auto trip into it. So again, hes broken. He can just suck you into him using his trip powers so you trip into the f smash

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
I have read and listened to both sides. This discussion has been going on for almost as long as the game has been out. Nothing has changed my mind -- I'm against the ban.

iRJi

Smash Champion
****ing stop talking about rubbish and stay on a serious topic.

tocador

Smash Lord
I wish everyone would do that, but apparently it's more important to vote for the lulz. ;~;
After you read all of those, think, and THEN vote, you go take a look at the comments.

So then you just saw that your NO just got nullified by: "ImainLOWTIERandHATEMK", because he entered the boards as a fake just to vote yes =/.

So yeah, thats why people go for the lulz.

i voted no ^^;

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Only question I have is, is this really the last thread to decides the ban of Meta Knight? Also when will the SBR votes for the Meta Knight ban? ♥

Baro

Smash Journeyman

Oh I forgot to mention, the Ikes have found an AT that makes you auto trip into it. So again, hes broken. He can just suck you into him using his trip powers so you trip into the f smash
Now you're just bullcrapping. There isn't any AT like that. The only thing like that would be a glide tossed banana, but Ike doesn't have a useful glide toss, right?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

You obviously don't know of Ganondorf's Sword Glitch. With it, he pulls out his sword and gets Meta Knight's moveset, just with more range, and still keeping his weight and power.

I bet you in less than five minutes, Inui's going to come here and call you out for using that image.
No. That would be if he used an Edgeworth sprite. I'll predict Teran to do it, though.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
You obviously don't know of Ganondorf's Sword Glitch. With it, he pulls out his sword and gets Meta Knight's moveset, just with more range, and still keeping his weight and power.
Seriously guys, you're ticking me off. You're just making stuff up!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I use to main MK, and even though I don't main him anymore, I don't think he should be banned.

I think Chillin proved MK isn't broken when he beat Forte last year. Candy proved it at Apex when he beat Dojo in tourney and in their MM. And Ally, of course, has been proving it by beating the best MK around, M2K.

Being broken, or worthy of a ban, to me, implies that the character is unbeatable. I don't think that applies to MK. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I'm just tired of people calling for the ban just because THEY can't beat MK.

And banning him is only going to make more people turn to Snake and Dedede as their new mains. Then what?!?!

We'll just have to wait and see what happens but I don't think he's going to be banned.

Just my 10 cents.
Did you read the OP? because the pro ban side thinks that you have the wrong criteria on something being banned in smash.

edit: nvm you already answered lol

I actually think there would be less snakes and more marths And ROBs but whats wrong with more diversity seeing as how 2 > 1.

ThreeThreeThree

Smash Rookie
I'm not making up how cheap marth is

he runs fast AND he is strong. everybody knows fast characters are supposed to be weak. but he has side and a slash

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

It was pretty obvious I meant Tyrant.

My point was that traveling to inui's hotel and being able to play all those people cost far less than staying for the entire weekend and paying an extra 40 or so bucks to do the events. I got more practice at the hotel than I did at the event (I will say I learned more about the wario matchup at COT4 but that wasn't even during an event I just asked Eli to sit down and play for a bit while **** was winding down).
You got lucky? Ok... good for you?
I'm pretty sure everyone else has to pay much more then that to travel.

There's nothing immature about that statement. It's cynical and mocking, yes, but you don't become cynical by being naive and lacking maturity.
I consider not being open minded and mocking others immature.

Poorly, which is just wasted effort.
Pretty sure that's just your opinion. I could say the same for your points.
You know, especially since you just didn't address a lot of mine.
Oh wellll.

If it isnt the reason you entered a tournament, then you wasted money, which is stupid.
If I loved racing and entered the race with little hope of winning first place, is that stupid? What else are you supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom