• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
doing a shuttle loop, then a glide attack into an item usage is VERY good. MK has some of the best setups for item usages in the game, but again, if you're already holding on to an item, these situations are avoided.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I'm not making up how cheap marth is

he runs fast AND he is strong. everybody knows fast characters are supposed to be weak. but he has side and a slash
You're kind of exaggerating, but yes, side a is good. His bludgeoning attacks with items are good, his glide toss is phenomenal, getting to a smash ball is easy, and setting up for his one hit ko final smash is easy as pie! I'm surprised Marth isn't as high, if not higher than Meta Knight.

Peach_rules

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peachrules14
I've never been a fan of banning characters, but I have to say that the Pro-Ban argument is very good.

Meta Knight is almost 2x as high as most characters are on the tier list.

I didn't think about that until now.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

This is how this discussion is making me feel like doing right now :mad:
if you're taking this thread seriously, you're doing it wrong. I've posted my point, argued a bit, and I'm done. I'm all in for the lols now. :laugh:

If anyone should be banned it is marth because all he has to do is run fast and spam his side+a move
I wish I was this innocent again... at least in Smash.

Famous

Smash Champion
This thread deserves a lock...There is no point anymore...Everything that could possibly be said about this topic has been said hundreds of times already...

Baro

Smash Journeyman
My god. Shut up already.
I'm just saying that nobody is bannable in this game, unless the community really knows the game as badly as it seems. The character attributes are leveled out by items and stages, plain and simple. There are still noticeable tiers, yes, but if you want to ban any characters, something is wrong with your head.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
Did you read the OP? because the pro ban side thinks that you have the wrong criteria on something being banned in smash.

edit: nvm you already answered lol

I actually think there would be less snakes and more marths And ROBs but whats wrong with more diversity seeing as how 2 > 1.
Yes, I did read the OP. But I don't need the pro ban side to decide what criteria I should or shouldn't have. All I'm saying is that if a character is beatable, there is NO reason why that character should warrant a ban. None. Zero.

Most of the people that pick MK and are not top players do so because they feel he gives them the best chance to win. Yes, MK has the best attributes, but those attributes need to meet a person's skill. Some characters just aren't for certain people. If these people, who again, are not top players, can't pick MK then they're going to go for the next best character because that's what their way of thinking leads them to do... and in this case, that next character is Snake.

Do you really think that banning MK is going to result in more people picking Link? Or Captain Falcon? There really won't be that much more diversity.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wait. Waitwaitwait.

Some people aren't good WITH META KNIGHT?! How is that possible?!
You obviously haven't played my MK.

Then again, the problem isn't so much that I don't understand him as I have an issue

You are PAYING MONEY to PLAY A GAME YOU ALREADY OWN

If it isn't about the payout you're an idiot. It's called playing casually against tournament level players, you are more than capable of doing that.
Most people don't win.

Part of it is self-improvement, part of it is the community, and part of it is the concentrated good players that a tournament brings.

pay-outs are mad nice too though.

Even then, there's never a reason NOT to play the best character in the game, even if you don't like him or his playstyle. No reason, granted you're playing to win.

Even if they still have bad matchups, they can't have more bad matchups than the person below them. It's impossible, by definition.
I'm actually talking in terms of environment, if just about everybody plays one character, then everybody else will play their direct counter.

Then people will have to play other characters to counter that character, and so on.

Rather then dealing with that, people pick other characters to avoid the inevitable cycle, though the majority will play the top tier generally.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You got lucky? Ok... good for you?
I'm pretty sure everyone else has to pay much more then that to travel.
Than that, and this is where I point out that such was obvious but players from any region can practice with high caliber players from said region with little cost. I was "lucky" enough to live in the same region as where the tourney was held, whereas people who lived on the west coast were lucky enough to live close to genesis. Either way there are high level players all over the country, it doesn't cost much to practice with any of them.

I consider not being open minded and mocking others immature.
And I consider peacenik ridiculously idealistic views on things that have a financial result immature, to each their own.

Pretty sure that's just your opinion. I could say the same for your points.
You know, especially since you just didn't address a lot of mine.
Oh wellll

I've addressed everything up to this point, the one thing I neglected was eventually covered not only by myself, but by a crew mate. It's over anakin, I have the high ground.

If I loved racing and entered the race with little hope of winning first place, is that stupid? What else are you supposed to do?
Run for the hell of it because it's good for you?

Deus said:
Most people don't win.
And most people are stupid, what can I say?

Part of it is self-improvement
Which can be achieved at no cost.

part of it is the community
Which can be experienced just by paying travel costs.

and part of it is the concentrated good players that a tournament brings
With little to no time to play any of them aside from what you're allotted in tournament sets. Like I said, people are paying to play a game they already own with people they live close enough to to just call and ask to play. It's like mother ****ers never heard of a smashfest.

ThreeThreeThree

Smash Rookie
Oh look, an idiot mk main made an alt that we get to make fun of! :D

Honestly, the anti-ban side has no argument...

around 60% of everything the anti-ban side has said ISN'T ACTUALLY TRUE.
he aint gonna get banned anyway because you need 66%, and you people are so far from it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just like 60% of everything the Pro-ban side has said isn't actually true. Stop spitting out lies, because not everything what Pro-Ban side says is 100% true, either.
___

As said, one thing I give the Pro-Ban write up... emotionally, it's overwhelming. The rhetorical skills of Praxis - or whomever actually wrote the text - are astounding. He uses heavy words extremely well and knows how to make someone emotionally appealed.

Though they blatantly crossed the given rules - hence the Anti-Ban's essay is shorter.

iRJi

Smash Champion
man I HATE MARTH, CHANGE HISNAME TO MARTHA BECAUSE HE LOOK LOIKE HE A GIRL
I think there should be a rule about people posting who has less then 100 posts. Not that your post count means anything, but it can help determine how often you have been on the boards.
People making dud accounts and posting non sense is getting on my nerves.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What are all these IFs? You said he had a counter but you don't actually know if they work? Why don't you go check before you correct people about luigi having a counter to tornado or not.
Lmao, are you trying to sass me on an issue as little and insignificant as whether or not Luigi has a counter to MK's nado? Please.

He asked if Luigi has a counter. I told him "shield nado and punish with upB", because not only have I seen Luigis do it offline, online, teams and singles, Boss and scrubs many times.

You asked if it's guaranteed....How the **** should I know? I don't play Luigi. I DO know that I've seen it done in pro matches vs pro players in pro settings.

To go further, I DID provide scenarios in which it would be guaranteed in the event that he works like Mario. DOES he work like Mario? Quite possibly, since the majority of his moves have the same properties, which is why I brought it up. Am I 100% sure? No. Does it matter enough for me to make a post this long about it? Probably not.

But I did anyways...because I'm an internetz hardass

Lovely

Smash Lord
This thread deserves a lock...There is no point anymore...Everything that could possibly be said about this topic has been said hundreds of times already...
♣ Well, this thread shouldn't had been created a fourth time to the public of the community because there are some people with unnecessary post, other than that, new tech's is being discovered, and new match up's meaning, things is looking different for our masked friend. ♥

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Oh look, an idiot mk main made an alt that we get to make fun of! :D

Honestly, the anti-ban side has no argument...

And the pro-ban side refuses to directly address my question.

Why is a ban necessary now? We've had 3 of these threads. In each thread, pro-ban talked of how the meta-game would be overcentralized with MK, about how he has no even match-ups, and how leaving him in would kill the competitive scene. It's over a half a year since then, and Meta Knight's tournament dominance has decreased. Match-ups such as ICs and Diddy have slowly been crawling to even, possibly disadvantageous in the future. And the competitive scene is still quite alive. The two biggest recent Brawl tournaments, APEX and Genesis, both had no signs of MK overcentralizing, and there is no proof that he will in the future.

Why do you put up the same argument? Why is a ban necessary now when things are clearly getting better?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think there should be a rule about people posting who has less then 100 posts. Not that your post count means anything, but it can help determine how often you have been on the boards.
People making dud accounts and posting non sense is getting on my nerves.
There is.
It's called ignoring, and a good example of this is the constant blissful negligence of the people who keep saying "I think MK should liek Drop a bazilliion spots, because he's lite and week and stoopid!"
Also, I did enjoy reading both sides, although Pro-ban certainly did have some proficiency with their write-up.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
the mods have given warning within the thread

but the thread moves too fast for the people to heed them.

its also moving too fast for the mods to see the spam.

personally, the spam is just as entertaining (if not moreso) than the arguments that have been repeated over and over and over and over and over and over again. I mean, at least we're adding some variet...

wait, we obviously don't like variety. No items, MK only. Rainbow Cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom