• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That's it! That's the solution! If people main characters mainly because they like them and not because they can win with them, we just need to glorify Meta Knight's image and personality to extremes!

He doesn't have sex before marriage.
He made his sword himself.
He prevented another Lion King sequel from being made.
His cape is made out of natural materials.
He was an unsung hero of World War II, dropping the little-known third atomic bomb using the Halberd.
He is the CEO of a multi billion dollar corporation.
He glides to work to cut down on gas emissions.
He was a lead programmer for Melee.
He voted against bailouts.
He ended the Cold War by traveling to Russia and daring them to fight him.
He treats all video game systems regarding only to their software, not hardware.
He didn't vote on this poll because he more strongly believes in the will of the players.
He refused to give up his seat to a white man.
His favorite flavor of Ice Cream is Rocky Road.
How did the 300 spartans last as long as they did? Two words. Mach tornado.
He knows every last one of you by name.

Do you love him yet?
Now that is some funny ****.

NNID
Budget_Player
Wait. Waitwaitwait.

Some people aren't good WITH META KNIGHT?! How is that possible?!

Imagine a character with a complicated, yet doable 0-death combo on everyone that, from the setup, is easy as ****. Now imagine that Metaknight doesn't automatically turn you into a good player.

That's it! That's the solution! If people main characters mainly because they like them and not because they can win with them, we just need to glorify Chuck Norris's image and personality to extremes!

He doesn't have sex before marriage.
He made his sword himself.
He prevented another Lion King sequel from being made.
His cape is made out of natural materials.
He was an unsung hero of World War II, dropping the little-known third atomic bomb using the Halberd.
He is the CEO of a multi billion dollar corporation.
He glides to work to cut down on gas emissions.
He was a lead programmer for Melee.
He voted against bailouts.
He ended the Cold War by traveling to Russia and daring them to fight him.
He treats all video game systems regarding only to their software, not hardware.
He didn't vote on this poll because he more strongly believes in the will of the players.
He refused to give up his seat to a white man.
His favorite flavor of Ice Cream is Rocky Road.
How did the 300 spartans last as long as they did? Two words. Mach tornado.
He knows every last one of you by name.

Do you love him yet?
FFFFFFFFixed. :V

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Imagine a character with a complicated, yet doable 0-death combo on everyone that, from the setup, is easy as ****. Now imagine that Metaknight doesn't automatically turn you into a good player.
But that's what Pro-Ban is saying, even you yourself said so.

That you can't beat your friend's Meta Knight, that friend who's terrible at Brawl and whom you easily defeat if he uses any other character?

That was you. YOU.
Y. O. U.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Who the hell said that I used theory by definition?
You did when you responded.

For one he said theory>tournament results.
You saying, lol no, is basically allowing his own definition.

If I say, potatoes are red, and everyone else starts talking about potatoes while within the same conversation, the idea of potatoes being red is carried on.

Theory supported by data, kthx.
Frame data, hit stun data etc etc.
Tournament data is terrible though, it tracks over centralization but thats it really.
am rather disliking the attitude I am hearing from you. Take it easy dude.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That's it! That's the solution! If people main characters mainly because they like them and not because they can win with them, we just need to glorify Meta Knight's image and personality to extremes!
"You're naturally BETTER with your main"
Address this issue.

But first, grow up. I can use my character because I like him. I can use my character in a competitive scene because I like him. This game isn't about WINNING MONEY to everyone.
IT'S A GAME.
If you want money, GET A JOB.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I've heard more johns in smash than I have than in any other fighting game I have played competitively. brawl has been about the only one with so many relating to a single character.

are there so many johns because the game is so accessible?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Address this issue.

But first, grow up. I can use my character because I like him. I can use my character in a competitive scene because I like him. This game isn't about WINNING MONEY to everyone.
IT'S A GAME.
If it's not about money, then enter tournaments without prize money.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If it's not about money, then enter tournaments without prize money.
Because there are SO many of those
And because competition is SO common in those
And because you get SO MUCH BETTER AT THE GAME by playing people who are just sandbagging

Thanks for ignoring my other point, btw. Your posts are SOOOO credible.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Tourney results/statistics say otherwise but ill keep reading.
Tourney results can be skewed. Plenty of regions are filled with players of generally equal skill where the best character is going to win. This game is unbalanced. We get it. Yet other regions are filled with players who know how to get past MK and win on their own. Anther essentially rules the Midwest. My point is: Tournaments are different for every region, and they can easily be used as an argument for both sides. Amazing Ampharos already put up a post dealing with the top tournaments.

Ally is one blip in the system. Anomalies exist.
If one player can master his main and use it to beat every other character in the game, including MK, then how can't other players master their characters and do the same thing? Only at this point where matchups become a definite issue and THEN we can talk about whether MK is too broken. I'm still not convinced that this is the case.

MikeHAZE placed what at Genesis? 17th Whod he lose too? an MK.
I bet MikeHAZE has beaten top MK's in the past as well as lost to them. Stuff happens.

And your opinion is all knowing? What makes you the ultimate deciding factor?
I asked a question, based on what I believe to be one of the crucial factors determining whether a character is fit to play in tournaments or not. Who said I was talking in an all-knowing matter?

NNID
Budget_Player
But that's what Pro-Ban is saying, even you yourself said so.

That you can't beat your friend's Meta Knight, that friend who's terrible at Brawl and whom you easily defeat if he uses any other character?

That was you. YOU.
Y. O. U.
Read it more carefully. The friend who sucks beats my luigi by spamming tornado which luigi has literally no answer to. He can't beat my snake with MK. The friend who is decent beats me with MK by actually being good with MK.

My brain just exploded.
Yeah. I blame the ice cream.

I've heard more johns in smash than I have than in any other fighting game I have played competitively. brawl has been about the only one with so many relating to a single character.

Because it targets kids. Just like my mum.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
This game isn't about WINNING MONEY to everyone.
IT'S A GAME.
You are PAYING MONEY to PLAY A GAME YOU ALREADY OWN

If it isn't about the payout you're an idiot. It's called playing casually against tournament level players, you are more than capable of doing that.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
...Playstyle. He doesn't suit everyone, so everyone isn't good with him.

Come on man, I'm anti-ban too but you can't make statements like this and expect people to take you seriously :\
You and everyone else needs to start picking up on satirical posts.

Deadweight

Smash Ace

Or maybe there are so many johns because of an unbalanced character needing to be banned.
WHO WOULDA THUNK IT.
And if you dont like the community, Quit No ones stopping you

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Wait. Waitwaitwait.

Some people aren't good WITH META KNIGHT?! How is that possible?!
hahaha^^ i knew someone who is REALLY good with mk
he knows his whole metagame, all his AT's
has much tournament experience, a master in edgeguarding with mk(it's not hard though...)
...........................and can't even glide with mk:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
HE CAN'T GLIDE A LONG DISTANCE^^ hahahaha^^

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe there are so many johns because of an unbalanced character needing to be banned.
WHO WOULDA THUNK IT.
And if you dont like the community, Quit No ones stopping you
I LOVE this community, though! I love children, after all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
MK has a LOT of players because of "tier-whoring", the thing is many people are simply better with other characters, or wanna prove their characters are better then the current top tier or are tournament viable.

In most communities there are actual reasons to not play the top char, ex. they have one or bad match-ups, or some characters **** other characters harder. Sure other characters **** some characters harder, but the fact is that there's really no reason to not play MK is a problem, and that's why there's so many mk players.

Yet, there's not enough evidence to say that he's banworthy.
Even then, there's never a reason NOT to play the best character in the game, even if you don't like him or his playstyle. No reason, granted you're playing to win.

Even if they still have bad matchups, they can't have more bad matchups than the person below them. It's impossible, by definition.

We should ban him to see how things turn out.

Hint: This game will still suck (competitively).
I admit, it would be interesting. Who knows, it could actually work as well as pro-ban says.

Don't ask me when I stopped thinking pro-ban was ********. I have no clue how the hell this happened.

Undoubtedly.
Fundamentally.

In our region too, or any region with half a brain.
I've been infinited in MD/VA, Boss has been infinited at um...I think NewYork...by one of Chu's D3 cousins. Both Atlantic North.

I think it's legal in Florida too, not sure though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Address this issue.

IT'S A GAME.
Well winning money is just a bonus if you win of course.. but don't you want to feel the excitement in every match? Or maybe you play for pride? To kick some people's ***** and make them eat their words? lol. Well most people know that I use Ganon in melee.. and I use him because it is my playstyle.. he has great power and stuff like that.. I'll always play the warrior character in rpgs lol.

So, about MK.. I think this whole thing is blown out of proportions.. it's not that bad to say MK is super broken. Sure, often MK placing Top 8, there are 5 of them but what about Top 30... if the so called mid level play is suffering because of that.. I don't see it at all.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's false, meta knight doesn't force you to play a certain way. The 2 best MKs in this region (granted one is moving) play completely opposite styles.
Lol, using dair 50 times per match as opposed to the other guy's 47 does not count as a different style. ;)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I've been infinited in MD/VA, Boss has been infinited at um...I think NewYork...by one of Chu's D3 cousins. Both Atlantic North.

I think it's legal in Florida too, not sure though.
Stupid TO's to be honest. I've infinited a samus but it doesnt change that I looked at cheese sideways when he said it was allowed. All it takes is one tourney where that ****'s allowed to see why it gets banned regularly.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
The metagame being overcentralized is often an argument.

Someone please explain to me why this is identifiable as a BAD thing and not a DIFFERENT thing.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Lol, using dair 50 times per match as opposed to the other guy's 47 does not count as a different style. ;)
Watch M2K play
Then watch Spammer play

If you can't see that one is for the most part aggressive and the other is campy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--- then you're either blind or ********, pick one.

The moves aren't what determine playstyle, every character has staples in their moveset. Kirk and I both jab and fair and you'd be ******** to call our playstyles similar with Ike, despite the fact that he taught me how to play the character.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
If one player can master his main and use it to beat every other character in the game, including MK, then how can't other players master their characters and do the same thing? Only at this point where matchups become a definite issue and THEN we can talk about whether MK is too broken. I'm still not convinced that this is the case.
and
I bet MikeHAZE has beaten top MK's in the past as well as lost to them. Stuff happens.
cONTRADICT EACHOTHER
Saying that Ally beats top MKs is as silly as saying MikeHaze Loses to Top MKs.
IT DOESNT ****ING MATTER.
WHAT MATTERS IS METAKNIGHT OVERCENTRALIZES THE METAGAME AND BREAKS THE CP SYSTEM AND FORCES MID-HIGH TIER MAINS TO SWITCH TO MK

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Watch M2K play
Then watch Spammer play

If you can't see that one is for the most part aggressive and the other is campy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--- then you're either blind or ********, pick one.

The moves aren't what determine playstyle, every character has staples in their moveset. Kirk and I both jab and fair and you'd be ******** to call our playstyles similar with Ike, despite the fact that he taught me how to play the character.
Ok, I tried to make my sarcasm as easy to notice as possible, but seriously...?

HOW ****ING DENSE CAN YOU BE? *facepalm*

Baro

Smash Journeyman
centralizing the metagame due to meta knight = bad?

Really, I agree with the centralizing thing. Meta Knight centralizes the metagame. But I don't think that's bad at all.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Read it more carefully. The friend who sucks beats my luigi by spamming tornado which luigi has literally no answer to. He can't beat my snake with MK. The friend who is decent beats me with MK by actually being good with MK.
So you're basically saying you playing a bad character losing to the best character in the game played by a scrub just because you don't know how to counter the tornado (and I'm pretty sure Luigi does have the ability to do so - I'd be fairly surprised if it was true what you're saying) does have any real significance?

lol.

Seriously, I still don't see how ease to use is a valid argument. I'd never say that I'd do better with Meta Knight because I'm horrible with Meta Knight. I just can't play him properly.

I repeat, I have the exact opposite stories to tell. I get ***** when I play Meta Knight against his supposedly easiest matchups (Marth, Samus, R.O.B.), while beating their players with my actual characters, including friggin Low Tiers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom