• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobson

Smash Lord
Also Mr. "show me the cold hard facts/numbers", newsflash: the poll may not meet the requirements set in order to pass a ban, but it sure as hell shows the community's standing at this point. As one with a "facts matter most" mindset, I'm sure you understand that the solid facts override the reasons as to why the facts have come to be; in this case...the current poll.
Yes, it is a fact that the community very slightly favors a ban.

What does this have to do with anything?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
People who actually go to tournaments and place fairly well with some amount of consistency [...]
Exactly. I'm pointing out that this nullifies some (or many) votes on each side, including yours. Granted, the numbers may vary between sides, and the pro-ban side may or may not have more than the anti-ban does, but the SBR can't just "identify" which accounts or votes belong to people who "qualify." That's why the SBR is doing its own vote which is only slightly (given the current results) influenced by the community. The ban might not even occur given that they've had to bring it up 4 times, meaning that they probably don't have a 65.999 percent majority anyway.

The rest of your post was just you trying to provoke me to get personal, something I really don't feel the need to do. Take my answers as you will- nothing you say or do in this thread will influence the vote either way except for your choice in the poll. Arguing like this serves little point since we've both voted and I don't see either of us changing sides at this point.

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK...scrubs or not, everyone has an equal right and opportunity to vote on the matter. We don't make the final decision, but the point still stands.

I don't care if you haven't outright said it, but stop implying that people need to have some kind of credibility or experience in order to vote. If it came down to that, then we should just leave the decision up to the professional MK mains and the people who have defeated them in at least one occasion. Now tell me...if that were the case, who the **** would you be on the matter? That's right, just like the rest of the general public.
Nope. I, unlike most of the random nobodies who voted yes in this poll, actually attend tournaments (although not as much anymore because Brawl just sucks) and actually care about competitive play.

And for the record, yes, I do believe that you should have at least some stake in the community in order to be a part of such wide-sweeping community changes, instead of some armchair warrior who has no idea what he's talking about, plays all his matches online, and just so happens to see this thread, making him vote yes because "MK IS TEH L33T".

Also Mr. "show me the cold hard facts/numbers", newsflash: the poll may not meet the requirements set in order to pass a ban, but it sure as hell shows the community's standing at this point. As one with a "facts matter most" mindset, I'm sure you understand that the solid facts override the reasons as to why the facts have come to be; in this case...the current poll.
For the final time, if you think this poll is representative of anything except the rampant stupidity so familiar to Smashboards, then you are truly lost.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Clai. Dude, i was told that ANY extention of the cape is banned. if ANY extention of the cape is banned than it really doesnt matter what the intention is because M2k should have been DQd in that match. But he wasnt because you can get away with it in the heat of a tourney match which people believe will be taken advantage of and used to tip the scales further in mks favor in a broken way

im not even trying to argue one side of the ban or the other, im just trying to get everyone on the same page here
Considering the EDC hasn't been banned in any rule-set (and the term 'cape glitch' was probably referring to the IDC, since the TO's probably didn't realize that the EDC existed at that point*), you were given lies.

The EDC does not tip the scales in MK's favor in a broken way, because it isn't stalling, and it doesn't bring any part of Metaknight's game to a level even remotely close to broken. The IDC breaks the rules for being blatant stalling. There's a difference.

*What I mean by this is the known fact that "repeatedly pressing up on the c-stick makes you invisible and invincible indefinately" was most likely what the 'cape glitch' was referring to. Not the "press up on the c-stick once to extend the dimensional cape a marginal distance' that is talked about recently.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Nope. I, unlike most of the random nobodies who voted yes in this poll, actually attend tournaments (although not as much anymore because Brawl just sucks) and actually care about competitive play.

And for the record, yes, I do believe that you should have at least some stake in the community in order to be a part of such wide-sweeping community changes, instead of some armchair warrior who has no idea what he's talking about, plays all his matches online, and just so happens to see this thread, making him vote yes because "MK IS TEH L33T".

For the final time, if you think this poll is representative of anything except the rampant stupidity so familiar to Smashboards, then you are truly lost.
Dont diss online play, it creates amazing playars.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Considering the EDC hasn't been banned in any rule-set (and the term 'cape glitch' was probably referring to the IDC, since the TO's probably didn't realize that the EDC existed at that point*), you were given lies.

The EDC does not tip the scales in MK's favor in a broken way, because it isn't stalling, and it doesn't bring any part of Metaknight's game to a level even remotely close to broken. The IDC breaks the rules for being blatant stalling. There's a difference.

*What I mean by this is the known fact that "repeatedly pressing up on the c-stick makes you invisible and invincible indefinately" was most likely what the 'cape glitch' was referring to. Not the "press up on the c-stick once to extend the dimensional cape a marginal distance' that is talked about recently.
Doesn't make MK any more close to broken? Are you serious?

Who cares about stalling when you have a move to 100% get you out of a bad situation and reset everything?

bobson

Smash Lord
Who cares about stalling when you have a move to 100% get you out of a bad situation and reset everything?
How can a move that only works on the ground and has distinctly punishable startup and lag time be the get-out-of-jail-free card people keep calling it?

It's like an extended roll, if anything. You can keep track of him by watching the camera (and of course if he has a tag you can watch that). He can't even move that fast while using it.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
How can a move that only works on the ground and has distinctly punishable startup and lag time be the get-out-of-jail-free card people keep calling it?

It's like an extended roll, if anything. You can keep track of him by watching the camera (and of course if he has a tag you can watch that). He can't even move that fast while using it.
If you're being zoned by the opponent you obviously wouldn't use it because of the start up, but all it takes is a roll away, EDC, go to the other side of the stage/other ledge and everything is reset.

Clai

Smash Lord
Doesn't make MK any more close to broken? Are you serious?

You quoted the wrong post...?

When we're talking about a move that is in blatant disregard of the rules, then it's something that we have to worry about.

When we're talking about a move that, at best, gets MK out a bad situation, something he already does 95% of the time and still gets knocked into the blast zones early and still has to deal with projectiles and still has other characters that can create unfavorable situations even when Metaknight's in a neutral position... no, Dimensional Cape is not broken.

bobson

Smash Lord
If you're being zoned by the opponent you obviously wouldn't use it because of the start up, but all it takes is a roll away, EDC, go to the other side of the stage/other ledge and everything is reset.
And this will always work, because you only face Ganondorf players who can't just follow you and punish you when you get out of it?

Can you grab the ledge out of it or something? I don't see what's stopping someone from just hitting you whenever you come out.

Clai

Smash Lord
And this will always work, because you only face Ganondorf players who can't just follow you and punish you when you get out of it?

Can you grab the ledge out of it or something? I don't see what's stopping someone from just hitting you.
A) Stop giving Ganondorf players a bad name. You don't know what you're talking about.
B) Yes, you can grab the ledge out of it, but that's just going to limit the amount of options Metaknight has.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We don't ban things to increase the lifespan of the game, just like we don't ban DDD's infinite to make the game "more fun".

Brawl is admittedly a crappy game, but that's not our fault, and he just doesn't warrant a ban under these circumstances. Once you start drawing lines in the sand and banning stuff according to those arbitrary lines, it's going to come back and bite you in the future when circumstances like these arise again.

Like I said, if you guys tried this in any other competitive community you'd be laughed out of town.
For starters, Metaknight can't be compared to King Dedede's infinite because King Dedede's infinite can be counterpicked around. All the gay elements in Brawl can be counterpicked around except Metaknight. Chaingrabs, infinites, camping, jab locks, etc can be avoided by picking certain characters and stages or at least made less effective.

Second, the way things are now IS the community's fault. As I said several times before, Metaknight became a bandwagon character after he overtook Snake, I believe, last June. Instead of sticking to their own characters, many people simply switched to Metaknight and, all in all, who could blame them when you put into consideration 1. all the things I listed about Metaknight earlier and 2. the nature of Brawl that gives you very few options for countering such things. In a sense, it has comeback and bitten us in the butt which is why this issue has come up four times.

Third, think about Brawl's history. How many big and practical discoveries have been made since Brawl has come out? Maybe two. Brawl is a game that grew very fast when it first came out but now only a few characters are still genuinelly improving while more characters are becoming worse like King Dedede and Mr. Game and Watch or have been borderline abandoned like Pit and Lucario. The closest thing that the Smash community has ever had to Metaknight is Shiek back in 2002/2003 and, with a community less than half the size it is now, were able to find a way to knock Shiek down a peg in less than a year with the major discovery of shield grabbing. Now, about a year and two months have passed since Metaknight became dominant and virtually's nothing changed aside from the lead in front of Snake shortening by a little bit. Metaknight's still ahead of Snake by a longshot who in turn is in front of the rest of the cast. Snake is the only "pseudo" counter who has stayed close to Metaknight. Diddy Kong has had patterns of rising and falling, ZSS is currently falling, and the Ice Climbers are currently rising. If people think something big is magically going to be discovered that knocks Metaknight down a peg, then they are nuts. Finding new, pracitical, and game changing things in Brawl is like looking for water in a sandbox and, in this state, the community has doomed the game to fail.

Fourth, people need to stop comparing the Brawl community to other fighting game communities. It is easier to make comparisons between Brawl to Mario Kart then to Street Fighter. I'm sorry, it had to be said but most of us already know this and will always be one of the grivences that the people who played Melee or other "serious" fighting games competitively will have. It's like comparing a house cat to a tiger, there are similarities but the differences are more than obvious. To act accordingly on this issue, we need to stop looking at other communities because WE ARE NOT THEM AND WE WILL NEVER BE THEM. Brawl will never be a completely serious competitive game so we might as well cut our loses to make this game last longer.

Fifth, are you concerned what the other communities would say if we did ban Metaknight? Really, who cares? As I already mentioned, there's no sense in trying to be them and using other communities standards to a T. People already heavily look down on the Brawl community as it is so do you think things will drastically change if we follow their standards for banning things to appease the people who play SFIV and couldn't care less about what we do? We already have for everything else so we can say that we save face on at least that issue. The slippery slope arguement has already been cast aside by many essteemed members of this community because, surprise, surprise, the Brawl community is by no means stupid but we have made some stupid decisions in the past.

In the end, as fans of this game, it should be our responsibility to keep this game alive by keeping it interesting as the game struggles on its own to do it itself.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You quoted the wrong post...?

When we're talking about a move that is in blatant disregard of the rules, then it's something that we have to worry about.

When we're talking about a move that, at best, gets MK out a bad situation, something he already does 95% of the time and still gets knocked into the blast zones early and still has to deal with projectiles and still has other characters that can create unfavorable situations even when Metaknight's in a neutral position... no, Dimensional Cape is not broken.
._.;

Can you grab the ledge out of it or something? I don't see what's stopping someone from just hitting you whenever you come out.
Yes you can grab the ledge out of it.

bobson

Smash Lord
A) Stop giving Ganondorf players a bad name. You don't know what you're talking about.
B) Yes, you can grab the ledge out of it, but that's just going to limit the amount of options Metaknight has.
I'm saying Ganondorf is slow, not that Ganondorf players are bad. I mean, maybe you could wizkick to catch up or something, but you'd have to catch him out of it or he'll just slash you.

And Metaknight has one of the best (if not the best) ledgegames in Brawl. Why do you think planking caused such a fuss?

Yes you can grab the ledge out of it.
Ah, then I see the problem. I don't think that's necessarily bannable, though, just yet another bull**** trick amongst Metaknight's arsenal of them. It's not an autowin by any means.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

If it's an "extended roll" that doesnt have to move or can go as far as it wants, even if you track the camera, can you really be sure about when and where MK will end up?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's not an auto win obv, but I think once Metas start to learn to abuse it people will see its potential.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ah, then I see the problem. I don't think that's necessarily bannable, though, just yet another bull**** trick amongst Metaknight's arsenal of them. It's not an autowin by any means.
*sigh*
broken does not mean autowin.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm sure you understand that the solid facts override the reasons as to why the facts have come to be; in this case...the current poll.
No.

You can't say, "Statistics are statistics, so they're true." Statistics can be and often will be biased.

Example: You ask a thousand people in your city, "Do you like football," and try to see an average amount of people who like the game. Let's say 96% of the responses are yes. STASTICS SAY THAT IT MUST OBVIOUSLY BE TRUE THAT 96% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE CITY LIKE FOOTBALL!

But if you take those statistics at a football game, more people are probably going to say yes than compared to a busy hospital, dentist's office, along bus routes, in a bank, etc.

So if you ask the question, "Do you think Meta Knight should be banned from competitive gameplay?" in the General Brawl Discussion, a lot of SWF members are going to vote on it. This includes a lot of people relatively new to the game because they see a poll and think, "Lol why would you ban a character?" or "omfg my brother's MK always beats me ban him." Plus, it's easy to create multiple accounts and vote, or use a friend's account he doesn't use much and vote, or whatever.

How about if this question was only asked at the entrance of a tournament?

Say, for example, you're registering for a tournament, and you vote on the poll, "Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive gameplay?" Compared to a thread on SWF, the results are bound to be different. Instead of leaving the poll open to all types of smashers, the poll is being asked to the smashers who go to tournaments, therefore providing different results.

This also ties in with other things.

Case in point: unforced overcentralization.

Case in point: Meta Knight.

Meta Knight is the best character in the game, and the most used in tournaments. But he is not the only viable option; he's not even close to being the only viable option, and there are options that are only slightly less viable (and in some cases/regions, more). Still, a lot of people use him.

While not enough people even use him for it to be considered over-centralization, he's not the only viable option to win from mid-high levels of play, and while he's the best, not by a large amount. Other players have shown that other characters can place well and/or at large tournaments (Ally at Genesis and APEX, Lain at APEX, etc.)

There is a most viable option in every game. They obviously aren't always even close to be considered ban-worthy most viable option, but there is always a most viable option. Sometimes a lot of people use them, and sometimes a lot of people don't. If that one option isn't forced, a ban isn't necessary.

bobson

Smash Lord
*sigh*
broken does not mean autowin.
It doesn't mean "able to put yourself in an advantageous situation whenever you have enough time to start it up," either.

I'm seeing how it could be abused, but I'm not seeing how it could be abused so much that it's banworthy (much like Metaknight himself, incidentally). It seems like the worst-case scenario for it would be it being part of an overarching stall-out-the-timer plan, combining with planking and air camping.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol at this EDC stuff. ive been using it for ages as a retreat mechanism etc and people are like 'thats a stupid idea, only bad players wont punish it' :p

also, grabbing the ledge out of it is extremely risky I doubt its ever worth it.

pretty broken tactic imo. say MK in on the ledge and snake has C4, usmash, nades, dsmash and some utilts waiting for you, just ledgehop -> EDC to the other end of the stage. As if MK already wasnt broken enough with his ledge game, now he has a 100% sure-fire way to safely get back on vs someone who can take him on on the ledge :( Extending it in any form is bannable I think

Johnny Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I don't think pro ban will get their 2/3 vote lol. If the public poll helps them it will end up being even or close to even...I highly doubt 2/3.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I did read above the results .
I asked when will we have the verdict on MK's ban, not the poll close date....
You'll have already known the results once it ends. Meta Knight will not be banned because pro-ban would've had to win by a landslide.

shogun.

Smash Rookie
I hate when people talk about **** they don't know anything about.

Sagat wasn't in the top 8 at Evo because Sagat is "soft-banned" in sf4. He's not really "banned," but good players don't use him because he's so good that it eliminates the competition aspect of the game. Anyone who uses him is bad enough that they'd stand no chance at winning a tournament that size anyway. Sagat is still #1 in the game and if a good player picked him up and used him he'd be pretty much unstoppable like M2k is in Brawl.

Unfortunately this community is terrible. Most of you skimmed the "scrub" and "ban" sections of Sirlin's ptw guide one time and drew your conclusions that way, and there is no way in hell we could get anyone to agree on a soft ban because people want money. That's the entire reason m2k plays MK, don't let anyone fool you. He doesn't even like brawl, as he has said before and only plays the game for cash. If this were the sf4 community, MK wouldn't be placing top 8 at evo either.
:yoshi: OH YES

OH GOSH YES

SCREENSHOTTING THIS

AND POSTING IT ALL OVER SRK LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
i lol'd at this.
probably because nobody gets it.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Pro-Ban needs 2/3 vote in SBR.

This measly poll counts for 1 vote. ie. 1 person in the SBR.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yea, the whole voting system sucks.

We each get an abysmal fraction of a vote, while each member of the heavily unbalanced (in terms of character representation) SBR gets a full vote. Lotta MK and Snake mains in there I hear :rolleyes:

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
whixh shows just how useless all this fighting is. i highly doubt the SBR will vote to ban MK. too many players use him.

However this does not mean that Meta Knight will be removed in the possible SSB4?
Yet removed from actual Brawl Tournaments.
Need to admit though, Meta Knight does have very nice recovery moves along with fast, albeit not powerful, moves.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So if you ask the question, "Do you think Meta Knight should be banned from competitive gameplay?" in the General Brawl Discussion, a lot of SWF members are going to vote on it. This includes a lot of people relatively new to the game because they see a poll and think, "Lol why would you ban a character?" or "omfg my brother's MK always beats me ban him." Plus, it's easy to create multiple accounts and vote, or use a friend's account he doesn't use much and vote, or whatever.
As other people have said, you fail to put other things into consideration:

1. Not every competitive player has a Smash Boards account and may come over here from AllisBrawl or another site.

2. Someone could just as easily say "lol, I bEaT mY bRoS mK wIf IkE aLl Da TiMe."

3. People could just as easily make multiple accounts to vote no.

4. Not everybody who goes to tournaments are experts and most of the people who do go are regular joes. Expecting people to be fully informed simply because they go to tournaments is a bit much, don't you think? You also have to consider that most people don't go to tournaments on a regular basis.

I know you don't agree with the opposing side but try not to antagonize them in such a manner.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Roughly 1 SBR person is equal to or greater than 2,600 regular joes.

And no, Aurasmash, MK isn't going to be banned just because a lot of people play him.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
i lol'd at this.
probably because nobody gets it.
I get it because it was a troll

We each get an abysmal fraction of a vote, while each member of the heavily unbalanced (in terms of character representation) SBR gets a full vote. Lotta MK and Snake mains in there I hear
This. There is no way this vote can be at all taken seriously in this format. =/

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
For starters, Metaknight can't be compared to King Dedede's infinite because King Dedede's infinite can be counterpicked around. All the gay elements in Brawl can be counterpicked around except Metaknight. Chaingrabs, infinites, camping, jab locks, etc can be avoided by picking certain characters and stages or at least made less effective.
The effectiveness of counterpicking characters in mid to high levels of play is slim, as I've demonstrated multiple times in this thread.

How many times do you counterpick characters in tournament? Scarcely. And when people do it, it's not to really put themselves in a larger advantage against the opponent's character, but to survive a horrible match-up for their character. As a Diddy, you won't be likely to counterpick against a Wario and use Marth. As a Fox, you'll be more likely to counterpick against a Pikachu and use Marth. The former is a very winnable match-up, the latter isn't as much.

Talk of MK needing a disadvantageous match-up seems very overrated at this point, given that most players stomach through other 45:55, 4:6, and 35:65 match-ups as long as they aren't going to get completely demolished. How many people would honestly start counterpicking MK's slight advantage if he got one? Probably not many. MK mains would know the match-up like no other, and nobody would get away with counterpicking as him except a devoted main of that character.

Counterpicking characters is hardly used at mid-levels of play, and is especially not used at high levels of play (good luck CPing CO18 with your 2 week Falco instead of your 6 month main).

Second, the way things are now IS the community's fault. As I said several times before, Metaknight became a bandwagon character after he overtook Snake, I believe, last June. Instead of sticking to their own characters, many people simply switched to Metaknight and, all in all, who could blame them when you put into consideration 1. all the things I listed about Metaknight earlier and 2. the nature of Brawl that gives you very few options for countering such things. In a sense, it has comeback and bitten us in the butt which is why this issue has come up four times.
It wasn't forced. Refer to my other post.

You say he became a bandwagon character. Not because he forced people to switch to him, not because he was twice as viable as Snake or any other character could ever be, but because people just switched to him. Bandwagon effect says hi. It was not forced, it just happened.

Third, think about Brawl's history. How many big and practical discoveries have been made since Brawl has come out? Maybe two. Brawl is a game that grew very fast when it first came out but now only a few characters are still genuinelly improving while more characters are becoming worse like King Dedede and Mr. Game and Watch or have been borderline abandoned like Pit and Lucario. The closest thing that the Smash community has ever had to Metaknight is Shiek back in 2002/2003 and, with a community less than half the size it is now, were able to find a way to knock Shiek down a peg in less than a year with the major discovery of shield grabbing. Now, about a year and two months have passed since Metaknight became dominant and virtually's nothing changed aside from the lead in front of Snake shortening by a little bit. Metaknight's still ahead of Snake by a longshot who in turn is in front of the rest of the cast. Snake is the only "pseudo" counter who has stayed close to Metaknight. Diddy Kong has had patterns of rising and falling, ZSS is currently falling, and the Ice Climbers are currently rising. If people think something big is magically going to be discovered that knocks Metaknight down a peg, then they are nuts. Finding new, pracitical, and game changing things in Brawl is like looking for water in a sandbox and, in this state, the community has doomed the game to fail.
Alright, so...

The gap in tournament results and the match-up between MK and Snake are both diminishing.

The match-up between MK and Diddy Kong has been steadily going more against MKs favor (there are also known techs such as instant throwing and single banana locking that aren't often used at the top of Diddy's meta-game and can be incorporated a lot more into).

The match-up between MK and Ice Climbers, I believe, has been steadily going more against MKs favor.

We're not looking for some, "hax tech like l-cancelling that won't work for MK and then everything will change!!!1." But there's obvious steady improvement against MK for these few characters, and his tournament results have been steadily slipping. With no evidence to suggest it will go the other way, I don't see the logic in saying, "Well why wait because nothing huge will happen."

Fourth, people need to stop comparing the Brawl community to other fighting game communities. It is easier to make comparisons between Brawl to Mario Kart then to Street Fighter. I'm sorry, it had to be said but most of us already know this and will always be one of the grivences that the people who played Melee or other "serious" fighting games competitively will have. It's like comparing a house cat to a tiger, there are similarities but the differences are more than obvious. To act accordingly on this issue, we need to stop looking at other communities because WE ARE NOT THEM AND WE WILL NEVER BE THEM. Brawl will never be a completely serious competitive game so we might as well cut our loses to make this game last longer.
Most of the comparisons between Brawl and other fighting games are purely match-up/tournament dominance-wise. When some compare MK to Sagat in SFIV or Fox in Melee, they aren't comparing the actual characters. They're comparing how they have similar match-ups against the rest of the cast and are unique in the aspect, yet the other respective fighting games still have healthy communities and metagames.

The comparison isn't, "MK is like Sagat and Sagat isn't banned so don't ban MK!" The comparison is, "MK is like Sagat. They're both clearly the best in their respective fighting games, but the SFIV metagame is healthy. It shows that a character like MK can still keep the metagame thriving, therefore there isn't a reason to ban MK."

Fifth, are you concerned what the other communities would say if we did ban Metaknight? Really, who cares? As I already mentioned, there's no sense in trying to be them and using other communities standards to a T. People already heavily look down on the Brawl community as it is so do you think things will drastically change if we follow their standards for banning things to appease the people who play SFIV and couldn't care less about what we do? We already have for everything else so we can say that we save face on at least that issue. The slippery slope arguement has already been cast aside by many essteemed members of this community because, surprise, surprise, the Brawl community is by no means stupid but we have made some stupid decisions in the past.
This is a little more direct than number 4, but you're still taking it too straight on.

It's not so much of, "SF players will laugh at us for banning MK since it'd be stupid to them," (although that is what some people are saying). It's more of, "SF players wouldn't even have the thought to ban MK if he was in their game."

Still, it isn't an issue what other fighting games think of our game. We do whatever we think is best for our game. I obviously don't think banning MK is best for our game, though.

In the end, as fans of this game, it should be our responsibility to keep this game alive by keeping it interesting as the game struggles on its own to do it itself.
uhhh

"Quick, let's make the game fun! Banning MK will make everything fun, and there will be no top character, and--"

Is what that sounds like.

You don't alter a game to make it more interesting. Honestly, I don't see how banning MK makes the game more interesting. Less MKs. If you don't like watching MKs play, great. If you like watching MKs play, aww. It's subjective and varies from person to person. There is no universal rule that says, "MK is boring, and seeing an MK place well is boring."

I also don't see how the game struggles to be alive at this point. It's doing fine. Not only is it not struggling, but I don't understand how banning MK would fix the, "problem."

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Great to know how our higher ups feel about us, eh?

*sigh*

Hopefully enough TOs have the balls to just ban MK anyways. Mad respect for Xyro here =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom