• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Discontinued: please see the reboot thread)

Should There Be An Arcade Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Names:
  • Delicatussle - incredibly delightful to say
  • Food Fight - yes, it's obvious but it also sums up what the game is about brilliantly...

Maccies:
  • Happy Meal - Probably the most famous McDonalds item, I feel like that iconic box needs inclusion.
  • Big Mac - The other most famous dish from McD's. I'm a big fan of weight changing gimmicks in platform fighters so this works well.
  • Hot Cakes - Sticky trap mechanic idea is genuinely brilliant. Only placed third due to the sheer iconic levels of the above two items.
BKs:
  • Zesty Sauce - temporary invincibility is powerful indeed. I need to try it next time I visit...
  • Whopper - Feels a little odd to self vote twice but the Whopper is THE Burger King food item. Pretty important overall.
  • Rodeo - Honestly one of my favourite burgers the King does. I actually prefer my idea for this one, but the Whopper is the iconic Burger King burger so....third place Rodeo I guess!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Delicatussle
2. Mascot of The Meals: Melee!

1. Big Mac
2. Hot Cakes
3. Happy Meal

1.Whopper
2. Rodeo King
3. Zesty Sauce

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Supersized Smackdown
2. Meal Madness

(i can't put "Food Fight!" because there's an awful movie that has the same title)

1. Big Mac
2. Happy Meal
3. McFlurry

1. Rodeo King
2. Whooper

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll finish Job #7 now, and voting for Job #8, the item job, will continue for just a bit longer.
So, here are the results of the name voting:
Food Fight! 13
Meal Madness! 5
Delicatussle 10
Mascots of the Meals: Melee! 5
A Hunger For Battle 3
Supersized Smackdown 9

So the name of this game is going to be… Food Fight! After job 8, I think I’ll start the next character job.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #8 voting:
Shake 2
Big Mac 21
Happy Meal 11
Hot Cakes 7
McFlurry 2
McCafé 5

Whopper 18
Zesty Sauce 8
Rodeo King 21

And so, Ronald’s assist items will be Big Mac and Happy Meal, and Burger King’s items will be Whopper and Rodeo King. Now onto the next job:

Job #9: Submit A Drink Mascot
For our second character job, I wanna do one for a drink mascot. Alcoholic beverages will not be allowed for this job but pretty much any other ones would be. Please submit the mascot character, explain who they are, a bit how you think they’d fight, and why they should be in this game.

I think this should be interesting because often times a lot of the most iconic mascots for drink brands are something other than for coca cola or pepsi cola

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 9

Icee Bear (ICEE)

artworks-000188737451-jsagtt-t500x500.jpg

The Icee Bear is the mascot for The Icee Company. The company makes frozen beverages and the liking. It came about due to a faulty machine at a Dairy Queen. Because of the ICEE drink, it led to the creation of the Slurpee (the 7-11 drink). He can use ice and frozen drinks for his attacks. Throw in some snowboarding themed attacks too and we'd be set. He'd be the perfect mascot to represent frozen beverages.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Quicky

Job #9: Quicky (Nesquik)

Quicky.jpg

First introduced in 1973, Quicky became the face of Nestlé's chocolate milkshake powder brand, Nesquik before later becoming a brand mascot for other items under the Nesquik brand, although the milkshakes are what he's best known for.

Skills include the ability to fly with his ears, super speed and using technology...they always weirdly gave him a lot of tech in the commercials.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK.

Representative of Coke's surreal attempt to double-agent their detractors in a pre-snarky Twitter world, OK would be one of the many unsettled characters (or possibly even multiple through stance fighters or alternate costumes) featured on the cans of OK soda, a cirtus juice drink marketed in an Orwellian style to win over the 90s counterculture. OK would likely fight in a somewhat... mopey way, performing half-arsed attacks with no passion, relying on their inexplanable power and the harrowing yet vague tools they have rather than reflexes or speed.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job #9: Kool-Aid Man (Kool-Aid)

The Kool-Aid Man has been the mascot of the Kool-Aid drink mix family since 1954 (although his current, anthropormorphic form debuted in 1974). Best known for crashing through walls and shouting his infamous catchphrase of "OH YEAH!", he is a staple of food/drink brand mascots, even being a recurring character on Family Guy of all shows.

Kool-Aid Man would fight as a standard heavyweight fighter, since we don't really have any of them on the roster quite yet. He would naturally make use of Kool-Aid products in his moveset (using a bottle of Kool-Aid Burst as a makeshift rocket, for example), but he'd also be able to use his immense strength to break opponents' defenses like he breaks walls. Overall, Kool-Aid Man would be an absolutely jammin' fighter! (...that was a bad pun even for me)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Forgot to check in on this thread last few days, haha. Thanks to the front page for reminding me.

Anywho my submission

Job #9: Pepsiman

Pepsi_Man.jpg

Technically only a Japanese mascot made to sell Pepsi there in the 90's, Pepsiman has gotten a notable worldwide appreciation over there years thanks to people discovering his original commercials along with a game of his own on the original PlayStation

In terms of play style, I envision him as a sort of Captain Falcon-like burly, fast, character with some Pepsi summoning moves along with emphasis on him being a bit of a klutz like he is in his original commercials. Maybe he takes recoil damage in exchange for high damage output?

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Coca Cola Polar Bear

I was tempted to submit the Mug Root Beer Dog, but I feel the Polar Bear is slightly more iconic. They would be a slow, super heavyweight. They could fight using bear and ice related moves, as well as variations of Coca Cola as makeshift weapons. Oh yeah, moves from Coca Cola advertising as well.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Teacher (Yes Milk)
One of the first characters I thought of. She would be a fast zoner, with precise and broad chalk throws. Along with the iconic "turn into a chalk rocket" move. Some may think she doesn't have enough moveset potential, but this commercial alone shows a bunch of potential with various different ways of throwing chalk.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #9: Starbucks Siren
1647981546323.png

Starbucks is an American multinational chain of coffeehouses and is a powerhouse when it comes to serving coffee.

As for how the Siren would look, I think the design used on the
2016 Anniversary Blend is great for now.

For moveset possibility, being a Siren with limited movement (she could move, but I imagine it'd be slow due to having no legs) I think it'd be cool if the Starbucks Siren was a Stage Control character able to keep opponents in a specified area pretty well. She could Sing, use Multiple Coffee types, and overall would be an unorthodox fighter due to not having legs.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #9:
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Icee Bear
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Quicky (Nesquick)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario OK.
FazDude FazDude Kool-Aid Man
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Pepsiman
Yiptap Yiptap Coca Cola Bear
Baysha Baysha Teacher (Yes Milk)
@Darkonedagger Cool Spot (7-Up)
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Starbucks Siren
Otoad64 Otoad64 Mug Dog

Please vote for your top three most wanted options in order. Your own submission can only be in second or last place.
My votes:
1. Mug Moment
2. Icee Bear
3. Coca Cola Bear
I was actually going to submit the mug dog lol. I think he’s a perfect “meme rep” because he’s not too ridiculous and it would be interesting if we made him a quadrupedal character.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think I’ll start Job #10 as well now:

Job #10: Should Every Series Get A Home Stage?
This is sort of going to be another discussion job for stages before we do content for more characters. I’d like you to say if you think we should have a home stage for every series or not. You don’t really need to explain too much about how you think stages should work but I would like you to say if you think literally every series should get a stage, even if there aren’t really any locations in the marketing.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. ICEE Bear (My first though, kind of glad it was submitted first because I don't know if Starbucks Siren would have been submitted otherwise, but still slight disappointed I didn't get to do the write-up myself. Anyways, love ICEE and I think the bear would be really cool)
2. Pepsiman (Objectively epic, and I'm running low on time to make an actual description of why I voted him)
3. Starbucks Siren (Self-Vote)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1. Kool-Aid Man (I may not especially enjoy Kool-Aid, but I have very fond nostalgia of watching a ton of stop-motion Lego "Mario Kart" videos on Youtube that always tended to include Kool-Aid Man as a racer (No, I don't know why either) so I've got some memories of this guy. Plus, I'd love to see what kind of pure mayhem we can make based on his comic books.)

2. Siren (I just like her design honestly)

3. Cool Spot (Haha funny video game character)

Honorable mention to Pepsiman. I didn't want to vote for him right now, but I cannot honestly believe we'll reach the end of the thread without him.

And I would personally like it if every series got a home stage. Some brands would require some serious creativity...and I think that will be very fun!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1.Starbucks Siren - Think it's time we add a female rep in here, and I think she's a pretty notable mascot
2. Icee Bear - I always kinda liked this guy. Really simplistic but super memorable.
3.Kool-aid Man - OOOOOOH YEEEEAAH

Honorable mention to Mug Dog I was wondering when someone was gonna submit em, lol.

Job #10

Yes, every series should get a home stage. Makes everything feel more in place.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Starbucks Siren
2. Coke Bear
3. Pepsiman

I'm going for the big ones here.

Shout out to Cool Spot who is indeed cool, but as far as I know he's not the actual mascot of 7up.

---------------------------

One thread specific oddity I'm beginning to notice is that unlike video games and movies, a lot of food brands can be country specific.

As a non-American there's been a handful of submissions I have absolutely no exposure to whatsoever. Or even worse the mascots and name of the product changes from country to country!

For an illustrative example, let's use Kellogs's chocolate cereal:
Cocoa-Krispies-America.png
Coco-Pops.png
Choco-Krispis.png

This is the exact same cereal in America, UK/Australia and Mexico/South Africa respectively.

America has Snap, Crackle and Pop, the UK/Australians have Coco the Monkey, Mexico/South Africa has Melvin the Elephant and the name is different for each region. Over here Coco was almost as big a mascot as Tony the Tiger, so it's surreal to see some of you likely don't know him at all.

It's not a deal breaker, but I think a lot of people are going to have a preference towards their particular mascot familiarity. I can see it maybe being a tripping point down the way as we continue and thought I'd bring it up.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
1. Icee
2. Pepsiman
3. When the spot is cool
Honorable mention to pretty much everyone else that got subbed. Kool-Aid Man, Mug, and the Siren were all very close to making the votes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I personally think that every character should have a home stage, but it shouldn't necessarily be from their chain, brand, parent company, or even what type of product they're known for, just something that fits - for example, the Starbucks Siren could have a Land O Lakes lake as her stage since a coffee shop isn't exactly a fitting homestage for a siren, and I not only doubt - but also do not hope - Land O Lakes' mascot will get in.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Kool-Aid Man
2. Icee Bear
3. Starbucks Siren

All good submissions.

For Job 10,

I feel we should go down the NASB route and give each character a home stage. Even if it's not canon to their franchise, we could have some creative muse with what we come up with and the liking.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #10: Homestages
Since we're going for a smaller roster, it feels like at the very least the majority of mascots should get one. If by some odd chance we get two mascots for the same thing, such as Cool Spot AND Fido Dido, I don't feel like we need two 7up stages to represent them.

Whilst not all characters have a natural habitat outside of their restaurants(or a regular suburban home with a family who engage with the mascot in the case of snack commercials), I'm sure we can research something interesting about the companies behind the product to make a stage that says something about it's history.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
America has Snap, Crackle and Pop, the UK/Australians have Coco the Monkey, Mexico/South Africa has Melvin the Elephant and the name is different for each region. Over here Coco was almost as big a mascot as Tony the Tiger, so it's surreal to see some of you likely don't know him at all.

It's not a deal breaker, but I think a lot of people are going to have a preference towards their particular mascot familiarity. I can see it maybe being a tripping point down the way as we continue and thought I'd bring it up.
This project is inevitably gonna be biased towards mostly american food brands but I absolutely think representing other countries good brands should be a priority as well and we could add some of those characters. I will 100% have a job for mascots from countries besides america at some point.

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Kool-Aid Man by Death in a Black Hole (Can't link cause swearing)
2. Cool Spot
3. Icee Bear

Top Bottom