• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Discontinued: please see the reboot thread)

Should There Be An Arcade Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the drink character voting:
Icee Bear 16
Quicky 0
OK. 0
Kool-Aid Man 29
Pepsiman 28
Coca Cola Bear 4
Teacher 0
Cool Spot 8
Starbucks Siren 16
Mug Dog 7

And so, like last round it’s close but we can only add one character… Kool-Aid Man will be out next newcomer! Now onto the next job, where we’ll finally do some content for the other characters:
Job #11: Submit An M&Ms and/or Cheetos Stage
Submit a stage for either M&M’s or Cheetos or both. Please submit a location, the layout, and any hazards. By the way, we will make it so that every brand will get a stage.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
M&M Stage: The M&M Factory

-16011576a0c84ed0.JPG

I was going to submit M&M World for this but I think the actual factory would make for a more unique stage. The factory is located in New Jersey (my home state) and basically the characters will fight on the conveyor belts with the M&M box packaging as platforms. Stepping on the conveyor belt will move them. There are ledges and this stage is not a walkoff stage. This is more like PokeFloats.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chocolate Pool

From the cuter and more polite pre-sugar-marketing-regulations world of the M&Ms, the platform layout is a beach with a chocolate pool in the middle - if you drown in or are knocked into the chocolate pool (it functions not like Smash swimming but NASB's quicksand-y hazards) you won't be KO'd but rather teleported into the left or right ground and activate that portion's coating shower, which deals a damage type similar to Inkling's ink, covering whoever's under it in colourful coating that makes you lighter while also dealing damage. Bags of M&Ms will fly out of and into the horizontal blast zone occasionally, similar to Pigit in Mushroom Kingdom 2, and an unshelled M&M will occasionally jump into the pool to make a giant, damage dealing splash that saves anyone falling into the chocolate.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Cheetos Train (referenced ad)
Cheetos Train.png

(Sorry it looks, frankly bad, but the train didn't have a proper zoom out so I stitched it together in Paint)

The Cheetos train is an ad seen in "Cheetos Train Chase," an ad where Chester waits for the train and then chases it and falls off a bridge and falls on the back train part thing. I'm starting to think I'm bad at introductions-

The Cheetos Train should be considered, because it represents two ideas I think Chester holds dear: "Dangerously Cheesy," and what's more Dangerous and Cheesy than fighting on a Cheese Train.

For the stage you would fight on 5 Train Sections (a front, a back, and three middle parts. All are function platforms with only differences being slight layout changes seen in the picture). the train moves fast and is a moving stage, and the ground the train is on is solid ground. The stages has 3 random events.

Bridge:
The Train will start traveling on a bridge instead of the ground, during this there isn't solid ground (aside from the train) so if players fall off the train during this they can fall off the stage into the bottom blastzone.

Tunnel:
The Train goes under a tunnel that was connected to the tracks. There is a 5 second warning before this happens. The train goes under the tunnel for 3 seconds, if a player is crouching through it they survive, if a player is in the air they get swept by the mountain and are left behind losing a stock.

Mean Eugene:
1648162664618.png

Mean Eugene (Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool) makes a surprise appearance to ruin the day. As a random event he will drive in front of the train having his animal throw rocks at the train. The rocks bounce along the train so people fighting on the back aren't safe. The way to dodge is jumping or
shielding, and Mean Eugene only stays for about 15 seconds.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here is the poll for Job #11. If nothing else is submitted, Cheetos Train will be added by default.

While voting goes on, I’d like to start the next job:
Job #12: Submit A Moveset For Red & Yellow or Chester the Cheetah
Submit the moveset for either Red & Yellow, Chester the Cheetah or both. Remember the moveset template and make it according to that. All you need to submit are the specials but if you would like you can submit more.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Red and Yellow
"They do exist!" - Red and Yellow are a strange sort of mix, with some elements of NASB Ren & Stimpy, but also an Ice Climber-esque gimmick. It's pretty easy to split them up and because of this their moves have different uses based on whether the M&Ms are together or apart. Red leads, Yellow follows.

Light: Red flicks his fingers to the tune of a song Yellow plays on Blue's saxophone as a multihit - when apart Red's flicks are faster but deal less damage due to a lack of rhythm. Yellow doesn't have a solo equivalent to this, but Yellow can perform any other move or action while it's being used, making it good for desyncing the two

Light Dash: Red rolls while Yellow walks on him, vulnerable. When apart Yellow also rolls and isn't vulnerable, but the split moves don't go as far or fast.

Up Light: Red takes off his shell and swings it around - Yellow responds to this with disgust if together, but when apart he's also willing to be a bit of a party animal and do the same.

Down Light: a sweep kick performed by both - if together, Yellow will kick Red by accident and send him flying a bit forwards, dealing damage in his path. This will seperate if Red is kicked off a platform, but otherwise it isn's a seperating move

Air Light: Red spins his hand around his body and creates a trail of Minis. When seperated both will do the move, but won't create the Minis and therefore go without a disjoint

Up Air Light: Red presents an inanimate M&M. When alone Red and Yellow both present half-eaten M&Ms, which have worse range but are more powerful thanks to their shap bite edges

Down Air Light: Red does a downwards punch with Yellow keeping ahold of him. When seperated, this move makes Red fall but not Yellow.

Strong: Red slams a bowl of M&Ms into a foe's face - when seperated Yellow does the same with no differences

Strong Dash: Red does a running uppercut - with Yellow, he'll hold Red and rise him upwards, making the move slower but with a better upwards range. Alone, both do the same, faster, uppercut that sticks to the ground

Up Strong: Based on the infamously defiled "We're Putting Caramel Inside M&M's" ad, Red splits up a caramel M&M upwards and downwards, this sends foes upwards. If together Red will end the move short because Yellow tries to lick the caramel, but if alone both will do the move - Yellow licks his solo caramel which gives the move some extra saliva-power but makes it last shorter and gives it shorter range, while Red's is out longer, has a longer vertical range, has roughly the same power as default, and has a shorter endlag than the other two versions

Down Strong: Red slams Yellow into the ground like Ren and Stimpy's down strong in NASB - if alone Red just uses a giant bag of regular, inanimate peanut M&Ms, which is super weak but has astonishing range + disjoint, while Yellow falls over which is stronger than the together move but also has worse range.

Air Strong: Red retreats into a "primal" form so to speak and spins a la Pac-Man - Yellow does the same but instead of spinning he just tilts left and right because of his vertical shape. He goes behind Red to give him some extra range when together, while when alone he only deals damage at his tip

Up Air Strong: Red does a flip kick upwards with Yellow doing a punch downwards, hanging on to Red. When alone Yellow does an uppercut for this move. When alone, they're more vulnerable at the bottom when doing this move

Down Air Strong: Red does a downwards stomp. With Yellow this will send Yellow falling downwards, making this a seperater move, while when seperated both will stomp downwards - Red spikes, Yellow just propels downwards

Special: Peanut Shield: When together, Red holds Yellow as a "meat shield", with Yellow following up with a punch as a counter. When seperated, Red does a command grab shake attack while Yellow does a slower, non-counter version of his counter punch

Side Special: Seperating Kick/Spokescandy Alert: Red will pick up and kick Yellow to seperate him, the trajectory being aimable and Yellow dealing damage in his path. If they're seperated, Red will call Yellow to him with a whistle. The whistle can deal damage but no knockback, and gives Red super armour but Yellow none. If Yellow is hit while returning the move will be cancelled.

Up Special: Diving Board: Based on the Chocolate Pool ads, the M&Ms jump off a diving board and "cannonball" downwards as an attack if together. If apart the move is much quicker and goes higher but doesn't deal any damage.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chester Cheetah
A stance fighter with a 'tude, Chester can switch between two modes: Regular and Flamin' Hot. Imagine if Captain Falcon could transform into Ganondorf in the middle of a match and that's what you've got. A hit & run rushdown with exceptional speed (regular) who can trade speed for power (Flamin' Hot). Flamin' Hot is distinguished not only by a flame energy effect, but also a more bombastic animation style based on David Feiss of Cow & Chicken's take on the character, though all the moves are the same conceptually

Light: A kick-kick-punch

Light Dash: Chester skateboards

Up Light: Chester lifts his sunglasses and winks

Down Light: Basically Michelangelo's air guitar move from NASB, but with a real guitar

Air Light: Chester swipes two fingers in front of him, those fingers are covered in and create a trail of Cheetle (cheeto dust)

Up Air Light: Chester "raises the roof" using Cheetos Paws

Down Air Light: Chester scratches downwards

Strong: A powerful bite

Strong Dash: Chester snowboards, creating a cosmetic trail of snow

Up Strong: Chester does a flip kick with a Cheetos Football - the football isn't a projectile, just a disjoint

Down Strong: Chester kicks forwards then springs his tail backwards

Air Strong: Chester swipes his tail in front of him

Up Air Strong: Chester snaps a Cheetos Cruncho

Down Air Strong: Chester does a downwards kick in rollerblades

Special: Regular/Flamin' Hot: Chester eats a Cheeto to change his form - when he becomes regular he licks while when he becomes flamin' hot he breathes fire - both of these are relatively short range and rather weak attacks that are designed to be used in the middle of combos,

Side Special: Cheesy Rider: Chester revs up and rushes forwards on his motorcycle, invented by the Cheetos mouse. This is effectively Warlock/Falcon Punch if it were disjonted and sent Chester flying forwards

Up Special: Tail Lasso
Chester uses his tail as a lasso - this serves as a command grab, but not a tether, it does however make Chester leap quite high.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Both movesets of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now onto the item voting for chester and m&m's:

Job #13: Submit An Assist Item For Chester the Cheetah or Red and Yellow
Submit a cheetos or M&M's food assist item for chester the cheetah, red and yellow or both. You can submit two items for each and please explain the effect of the item.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
M&Ms Assist Item

M&Ms Chocolate Ice Cream

9C027490-29F7-444F-8A8C-952A813D12CD.jpeg

When thrown to an ally, the ally is able to have the ability give their opponents a “brain freeze” (meaning they cannot move for a few seconds) similar to how ice cream can make your brain freeze if you eat too much of it at once.

Cheetos Assist Item

Flamin’ Hot Crunchy Cheetos

2013E8F1-0F1C-47D6-8702-7F01592EE2BF.jpeg

When thrown to an ally, an ally gets flame breath and able to breathe fire at their opponents.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are your options for the Cheetos and M&M’s assist items:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Mac and Cheetos
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Flamin’ Hot Crunchy Cheetos
cashregister9 cashregister9 Cheetos Chicken Fries

M&M’s
FazDude FazDude M&M’s Ice Cream Treats
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast M&M’s Chocolate Ice Cream
cashregister9 cashregister9 Mega M&M’s

So please vote for the top two items for Cheetos and M&M’s you think should be added. You can put your own submission in first place for this one.
My votes:
1. Flamin Hot Crunchy Cheetos
2. Mac and Cheetos

1. Mega M&M’s
2. M&M’s Ice Cream Treats

The next job will start now as well:
Job #14: Submit A Gameplay Mode
Exactly what the description says, submit a gameplay mode for this game to have. There aren’t really any rules besides 1. Keep the gameplay similar to the one we already have and 2. Keep it simple, literally a full story mode probably won’t be eligible here. Please submit the mode and explain how it works, if it’s an arcade mode don’t submit any bonus games or what the reward for clearing it would be, we’ll decide that in a later job.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mac and Cheetos
Flamin Hot Crunchy Cheetos

M&M Ice Cream Treats
Mega M&M's

I actually like the Chicken Fries idea too, but flame breath and a traction alteration is hard to pass up.

Job #14: Full Menu Mode
The assists cooldown is considerably shorter allowing players to go full ham with their power ups. This in turn will let people pull off some dangerously cheesy victories.

Is it balanced? No. That's not the point of this mode. This is pure and utter food flinging chaos.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Mac and Cheetos
2. Flamin' Hot Crunch Cheetos

1. Mega M&M's
2. M&M's Chocolate Ice Cream

Job 14

Food Crawl Mode

Basically it's similar to SSBU's Stage Morph feature, you choose 3 stages and it takes you to those 3 stages at some point in the game. Food crawl is a reference to restaurant/bar crawls people do in real life.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #13 voting:
Mac and Cheetos 21
Flamin’ Hot Crunchy Cheetos 19
Cheetos Chicken Fries 5

M&M’s Ice Cream Treats 16
M&M’s Chocolate Ice Cream 8
Mega M&M’s 21

And so Chester’s items will be Mac and Cheetos and Flamin’ Hot Crunchy Cheetos, and Red & Yellow’s items will be M&M’s Ice Cream Treats and Mega M&M’s. There’s a lot of “and’s” in that sentence.

Submissions for gameplay modes will continue a little longer but I’d like to start the next job as well:
Job #15: Submit A Fast Food Mascot
We started this thread with two fast food mascots so for the next job, I’d like for us to add another mascot from fast food. Please submit the mascot, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be added.

D

Deleted member

Jollibee.png

Jolibee
I figure someone else is gonna submit Sanders and Wendy anyway so I may as well do something else. Jolibee is a popular Filipino chain of restaurants with restaurants opened in the USA and (very recently) the UK. They're known for selling Fried Chicken and Spaghetti, amoung other things. This happy little fella is their mascot.

Caesar (Little Caesars)
1648574748237.png

Caesar is a mascot of Little Caesars and he is a typical roman caesar, who really likes Pizza. He is one of lesser known fast food mascots and he would fit in food/drink Mascot platform fighter without any problems.
He would use his spear in normal moves and he could use his food as special attacks like he could throw pizza at opponents.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Happy Star (Hardees)
1648575473720.png

What has to be noted as probably one of the most creative mascots in terms of appearance and name, Happy Star is the mascot for Hardees which I'm picking because I think I liked something there one time and a location is somewhat close (distance) to me.

The Happy Star would be able to take advantage of being Star Shaped, I assume this could be a floaty air-based character and it's always good to have a focused air-fighter in a platform fighter.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The Colonel (KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken)

The Colonel.jpg

With the big boys of beef already on the roster, the indisputable champion of chicken is here to add his own unique blend of herbs and spices to this game.

The Colonel is a fast food face that's recognised globally, with KFC even becoming somewhat of a special Christmas treat over in Japan. There's also that time they made a video games console and a dating sim starring a sexy bishie Colonel Sanders(see above). The Colonel has a zinger sense of humour to him despite his history, and could be absolutely buckets of fun if we get creative and do him justice.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 15

Wendy (Wendy's)

dbpw3bp-733cfb2d-068f-4590-b779-28ef24ab1f9a.png

Fan Art by grasstains on Deviantart.

Since we have Ronald McDonald and The Burger King, we should also have Wendy to complete the fast food trinity. Wendy's is also an extremely popular fast food chain so I feel she should be included. Plus, there are no females on the roster at the moment.

She can fight maybe with a more cooking based moveset due to Wendy's being based around the food being "homestyle" per say. Plus, the Wendy's logo has the word "mom" hidden in it so there's that.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1648617161585.jpeg

Gidget the Taco Bell Dog is the old 90’s mascot of Taco Bell. He’s a male chihuahua played by a female chihuahua and the guy who voiced Rocko. Despite being a little chihuahua, he’s pretty formidable, capturing and taming a giant monster, fighting in some Star Wars alongside the Colonel and a pizza delivery girl, and leading some sort of Gordita centered revolution. General chihuahua attacks, tacos that are capable of snapping Shaq’s neck(!), and other uses of menu items, or even the varying levels of hot sauce.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll start a poll here for the gameplay mode. Keep in mind we might potentially add another one at a later date since our two options are pretty small.

In addition, here are the options for Job #15. Please vote for your top three picks for the next character:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Noid (Domino’s)
@Darkonedagger Jolibee
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Little Caesar
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Happy Star (Hardee’s)
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Colonel Sanders (KFC)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Wendy
Baysha Baysha Jack Box
AlRex AlRex Gidget (Taco Bell)

My votes:
1. Colonel Sanders
2. Noid
3. Gidget
Adding more food mascots is gonna be interesting here since a lot of fast food brands are just as popular as mcdonalds and burger king in some places but simply aren’t in a lot of other places and are very obscure there, maybe even moreso than other types of food. I have like, a whole list of “fast food places I heard of from TV but never seen in my life”

Top Bottom