• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Discontinued: please see the reboot thread)

Should There Be An Arcade Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Yes. But we should do our best to make rhe stages different from each other. I feel a mix of takes on real world locations and locations from the ads themselves would be a good mix. Part of me wants to do the NASB "every character has a home stage" thing but some may lack options so

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #4
Exclusively as a last resort (for example, The Coke Bears have the north pole; The Noid has his factory; and Ronald has McDonaldLand, but there's no fictional Wendy's universe so we can make Wendy's a stage for Wendy and there's no Kool Aid Man universe so we can fight in a jar of Kool-Aid), and there should be heavy differences between any of these stages we add (so BK is a flame grill, Wendy's is the roof, and Carls Jr. inside the building for example) and original locations should be encouraged in these scenarios (So Little Ceasar doesn't have a Roman colliseum to fight in, but we can invent one for him)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 4

I feel like we should have at least one stage based off of a fast food/chain restaurant. But maybe something like McDonald Land should be the McDonald’s stage instead of the actual restaurant.

Personally, in my opinion, the stages should be based off of locations from ads for food products/restaurants. I wouldn’t mind a generic ShopRite or food court stage as well maybe.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #4:

I'm going to echo Wario Wario Wario here.

Many of these places could have their own worlds, and whilst I do think we need one restaurant(it'd be a little weird if we didn't have any) I feel like we should get a little creative or deep dive into these companies to see if there's more creative options available first.

Honestly even with the 'restaurant' job I'd personally recommend an imaginery mall with many of the different eateries next to one another allowing for us to smash through a Wendys and into a Pizza Hut, then smashing down through the floor into a Nandos and knocking our opponents through that wall into a Dennies, allowing us to combine many of them into a feasible fusion, similar to PlayStation All-Stars mix and match stages.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Seems like we generally agree on restaurant stages being allowed but generally not used until they need to be. So, I think that’s how stages will be handled from now on.

With that, I wanna start a poll for our movesets, so please vote for your whichever moveset template you think should be used:

Next job will start soon.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #5: Submit A McDonalds And/Or Burger King Stage
Submit a stage for either McDonalds or Burger King. Like I said before it will probably be based on locations in advertisements. Please submit a location, layout, and any stage hazards.

And this is unrelated to the job, but if my submission gets in we will probably do separate jobs for characters' assist items and movesets

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mac Tonight

You fight atop Mac Tonight's signature flying burger, modified a little to have grabbable edges - this is the hazards off Pokémon Stadium equivalent. This stage has a day night cycle that starts at night. The night has rain; a relatively realistic cityscape; fries platforms; and a cameo from a sleeping Birdie on a rooftop, when Birdie wakes up and flies away the day starts at a McDonaldLand city with more colourful, cartoony buildings akin to the Wacky Adventures show. The fries turn into hash brown platforms. On the city/night form you can see multiple McDonald'ses on the ground, while the daytime form has only one to pay tribute to the earlier, more rural depiction of McDonaldLand - Apple Pie Trees also appear on the daytime form, but at daytime they're just relatively generic trees that grow onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers at the same time. Hamburger University can be seen on the nighttime form's background, but it transforms into Ronald's house from Wacky Adventures for daytime

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
BK stage: The Flame Grill

I could probably make a Kids Club stage for this, or even use the Burger King Kingdom, but I feel this is the most necessary real-world-based-stage given how big this is for BK's brand and how much potential the concept has.

When the fight begins, there are 4 patties on the grill, each is a small platform that slowly gets more and more hot - standing on hot patties doesn't hurt you, but the metal gril acts like static Brinstar fire. There can be up to 8 patties at a time, with the blast zone extending and retracting as more are added and removed. Once a patty is good enough to eat, it is taken upwards - KOing anyone still standing on it - and a very small, finished burger is placed on the flame grill, which you have to risk getting burned to eat. If you eat it you'll be immune to flames for a few seconds and get healed. If you're KO'd by the patty being put into the burger, you won't respawn until the patty is eaten or despawns, KO patties despawn quicker but heal more and allow more flame immunity time - whether that's apetising or gross will largely depend on what fighter you're up against.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Seems like we generally agree on restaurant stages being allowed but generally not used until they need to be. So, I think that’s how stages will be handled from now on.

With that, I wanna start a poll for our movesets, so please vote for your whichever moveset template you think should be used:

Next job will start soon.
My submission was actually Super Smash Flash 1's moveset, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. You don't have to start the poll over though since I know it probably won't win

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission was actually Super Smash Flash 1's moveset, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. You don't have to start the poll over though since I know it probably won't win
That clears it up lol, I was very confused about it. In any case, I probably should have asked about it anyway before putting it on the poll.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 5:

McDonald's Stage:

McDonaldland

McDonaldland.jpg

For those who do not know, McDonaldland is a media franchise based off of the McDonald's characters. This land consists of many locations including a forest, Grimace Island, a Western land, etc. The stage will be a traveling stage similar to Garreg Mach Monastery in SSBU where you can explore the multiple locations. The various McDonald's characters like the Hamburger, Grimace, etc. make background appearances and will sometimes throw food items to support the fighters.

Burger King Stage:

The Burger King Kingdom

0cf16c5b-9835-42c7-a115-f669fc26cd23_d.JPG

This was Burger King's answer to McDonald's McDonaldland. Instead of being a traveling stage to the different locations in the kingdom like my McDonaldland stage idea, this stage will be on top of the castle with the Burger King logo. The various characters like Sir Shake-A-Lot and The Wizard of Fries may interfere the battle with throwing items such as Sir Shake-A-Lot throwing milkshakes or the Wizard of Fries filling up the Battlefield with French Fries.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so looks like my submission will be used. Reminder that items will be done in seperate jobs from the moveset, and it’ll pretty much just be like item jobs.

Anyways, here are the polls for the McDonalds and Burger King stages. Please vote for whichever stage you think we should add:

And, since the moveset template is decided why not do our first moveset job?
Job #6: Submit A Moveset For Ronald McDonald And/Or The Burger King
Submit a moveset for either Ronald McDonald, The Burger King or both. All I’m gonna need you to submit are the neutral special, up special and side special (reminder: there is no down specials) although if you would like you can submit more, although keep our moveset template in mind if you do.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hail to The King baby

Job #6: The Burger King

The Burger King.jpg

The Burger King is a character that can take opponents by surprise. He uses deception, trickery and enjoys punishing opponents with his firey attacks and movement options. The King uses slightly underhanded methods as a result of their advertisement campaigns aimed squarely at the more family friendly McDonalds.

All of his moves are named after slogans the franchise has had at one point or another.

Entrance: Transforms from a giant burger with a crown sitting atop it into the familiar 'creepy' king design we all know and love. A reference to his first magical King adverts.

Specials:
Neutral Special: Feel the Fire

The King performs a flourish with his hands, and summons the flame grill on the floor in front of him, giving the effect of summoning the fire pits of hell. This will both leave his opponents deliciously flame grilled, but also provide a powerful launch move to send them flying. Those flames are no joke! Based on their Flame Grill trademark cooking methods.

Side Special: Wake up with the King
This special is used to teleport the king forwards, having him appear from seemingly nowhere. To perform this task, the button must be charged up, with less effective presses having him teleport in front of the opponent, or even stopping short of the distance he needs. A successful charged button hold will have the King teleport behind the opponent, where upon he will present them with a Burger King meal item with a flourish, the surprise and emotional damage of which will send opponents flying. Largely based on the Burger King tie in game Sneak King, but also the 2004-2011 and 2015 to present advertt.

Up Special: Stack it High, Tough Guy
The King launches himself up by magically making a burger stack even Scooby Doo and Shaggy wouldn't be able to finish in one bite. Based on the BK Stackers menu item and slogan.

Normals:

Light Neutral attack: Your Way

The King suddenly presents multiple food items at the opponent in quick succession, forcing them to get a face full of his delicious wares.

Light up attack: It takes two hands to handle a Whopper
The King presents a Whopper to the opponent with a little too much gusto, knocking them upwards with the large burger

Light down attack: You're no Clown with the Crown
The King pulls one of Burger King's famous paper crowns over the opponents eyes. This move briefly stuns opponents, allowing for them to be set up for combos.

Light Dash attack: Your Way, Right away

The King charges forwards, crashing into opponents with a food item.

Strong Neutral attack: Eat like a man, Man

The King winds up an extra large flourish, and smashes a flaming Whopper into their faces in a weaker, but easier to land Falcon Punch style move. Leaves opponents with a flame grilled mark on their face as a visual effect.

Strong up attack: The Fire's Ready

The King knocks the opponent upwards with a flaming Whopper, burning the opponent and leaving the flame grilled marks on their face as a visual effect.

Strong down attack: Give your hunger a Texas Double Whopper
The King hits the opponent downwards with a flame grilled Texas Double Whopper, and then hits them with ANOTHER Texas Double Whopper. This like the other strong attacks leaves a flame grilled mark on the opponent and slight burn damage.

Strong Dash attack: Earl: Employee of the Month

The King rushes forward pushing their broiling unit, an automated gas grill the company called 'Earl'. This does fire damage when it collides with the opponent and once again, leaves them with the flame grilled mark.

Aerials:

Light Neutral Air: Taste is King

The King transforms temporarily into a burger(see entrance for reasoning) bumping opponents back.

Light Up Air: The one and only Whopper
The King holds up a Whopper midair triumphantly, knocking opponents up slightly.

Light Down Air: Sometimes you've got to break the rules
The King wraps the opponent up in a Burger King Bag, kicking it downwards.

Strong Neutral Air: Bigger, Better, Burger King
The King temporarily grows larger whilst spinning, knocking opponents away with his enlarged body. Based on the King Kong advert...but less extreme.

Strong Up Air: King me
The King teleports upwards into the opponent, jabbing them with his crown and launching them skywards.

Strong Down Air: It's Flaming Tasty
The King spins in the air, with his foot on fire, kicking opponents down, doing fire damage. This move can spike opponents.

Misc:

Grab: Burger King: Where kids are king

The Burger King Kid's Club members appear and grab and hold down the opponent, whilst the king flouishes. Throws are performed by the Kids Club members.

Taunt:
The King stops, holds a finger up asking the player to wait and then presents them with one of his many Breakfast items.

Victory animation: The King jumpscares the player, before vanishing and reappearing in the background, his arms flourishing

Victory against Ronald McDonald special animation: Same as above, but a banner falls down in the background stating "Eat Like a King, not a Clown"

Victory animation if on a team with Chester Cheetah: The King and Chester fist bump before standing back to back as a box of 'Cheetos Chicken Fries' lands beside them, with the King wearing a pair of shades to match Chester, and Chester donning a Burger King Crown to match the King.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ronald
With few outstanding strengths nor weaknesses, Ronald is as basic shoto as it gets and perfect for new players to pick up.

B: Golden Arches
Ronald raises his hands above his head and makes the golden arches around him - this deals light damage and reflects. Plays an I'm Lovin' It jingle

Side B: Sparking Magic
Originating from the McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure game, Sparkling Magic is a standard shoto fireball projectile - it does small damage and causes flinching. It’s a lot bigger than a Mario fireball, doesn’t bounce, and goes a little further than your average Hadouken

Up B: Poppercut
Ronald grabs some balloons with sleeve handkerchiefs and flies a bit into the air while doing an uppercut - that slow uppercut also pops his balloons, adding a bit of pop to his punch with a disjoint

Light: A Ryu shoulder jab

Light up: Ronald balances a food tray on his head like the original Hamburger Happy Clown

Light down: a floor sweep (of the non-literal kind)

Light dash: Ronald ice skates

Light air: Ronald does a air cartwheel

Light up air: Ronald spins a magic wand

Down light air: Ronald "slashes" with a fry

Strong: Ronald holds out either a McRib or a Shamrock Shake, then hides it behind his back, a good move to get your foes behind you.

Strong Up: Ronald raises his hand up and creates a magic trail in its path a la Mickey in fantasia

Strong Down: Ronald pierces a McFlurry spoon into thr ground

Strong Dash: Ronald bounces on a pogo stick

Strong Air: Identical to his strong.

Strong Up Air: Ronald claps

Strong Down air: Ronald kicks down with his shoe, which extends. A spike.

I wanted to incorporate more clown stuff, but the only idea I had was a clown car strong with a shrinking frame instead of growing, but I feel that'd be more fit for a more complex fighter - I already feel I went too far with the disjoints here.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 7: Meal Madness!

i wanted write "Super Food War", "Food Showdown", "Food Combat" or "Food Wars" but i think it would be too generic
(i'm edited this post because i don't know which title i would write)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Job 7:
A Hunger for Battle

Not all of them may be food mascots, but I felt it'd be more fitting than "The Thirst for Battle". And the deceptively serious sounding title with the wacky premise is a delicious contrast.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #8: Submit An Assist Item For Ronald McDonald And/Or Burger King
Submit an assist item for Ronald McDonald, The Burger King or both. Remember, these are like items but they can be consumed or have a special property and we’ll decide the special property here. Please submit a menu item from the fast food chains and explain how it works as an item.
I think every character is going to have two assist items each so you can submit up to two items for each character. I know this might be a bit difficult for things like candy brands but there probably will be a good number of variations of it to work with so I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem. If someone submits a menu item you can still submit it just as long as it’s properties are different.

Name submissions will continue a little while longer.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So these are items that can only be consumed by one character, correct?

Ronald: Shake

Makes Ronald uncontrollably shake - while the shaking appears random, the AI will usually make Ronald move back when being attacked or forwards when attacking. The key to coutering this item is using slow attacks and keeping distance!

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
So these are items that can only be consumed by one character, correct?
The way I envisioned it, when you use the assist move your ally from behind the stage will toss it in your direction and you’ll probably grab it but others could knock you out of the way and grab it for themselves.
Maybe we could show certain characters with a disgusted look on their face or something if they’re eating a competitors food lol

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The way I envisioned it, when you use the assist move your ally from behind the stage will toss it in your direction and you’ll probably grab it but others could knock you out of the way and grab it for themselves.
Maybe we could show certain characters with a disgusted look on their face or something if they’re eating a competitors food lol
Ahh, OK - I get it now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #7:
Super Snack Bros: Mealee
SUPERSIZED SNACKDOWN
Had a couple of ideas, but the illiteration and pun is too much for me to pass up.

Job #8:
King Assist: Whopper

Whopper.png

The signature Burger of Burger King. The King will lob one of these bad boys to his ally, which when consumed will act like a Mega Mushroom, making them grow huge in size.

This is a Double Whopper advert which demonstrates what I'm thinking...although this just being a REGULAR Whopper, the consumer wouldn't grow quite this large:

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 8:

Ronald Assist Item: Happy Meal

D40E8776-CB0E-4577-B808-8BA54DA2BEF3.jpeg

This will give the ally a bit of a stats buff from Ronald’s delivery of a Happy Meal to the ally.

King Assist Item: Burger King Zesty Sauce

6B073A06-1163-469C-842F-F7185CD6881A.jpeg

The King will toss this item to his ally allowing them to have a yellow aura around them that turns the ally invincible (similar to the Starman power).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #8:

King Assist: Rodeo King

Rodeo-King.png

Whether it's the traditional beef, or the tendercrisp chicken, consuming this texan themed item will transform the consumer into a rootin', tootin' cowboy.

This gains them both a dapper cowboy hat aesthetic temporarily, but also the ability to grab an opponent from a distance using a lasso made of the King's delicious flame grilled onion rings.

A successful grab will allow the consumer to hog-tie up their opponent, rendering them momentarily helpless and allowing for the consumer to dish out a supersized combo of pain on the target. This ability is activated by pressing grab and forward, but can whip opponents out of the air if timed right.

An additional benefit is whilst this is active, players have access to a tether grab allowing for recoveries back onto the platform. Just make sure you recover before your meal goes down and you're left stranded without your Burger King's Burger Rings.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Ronald item:
1647888230984.png

Hot Cakes

After eating the Hot Cakes, you’ll be left with some extra maple syrup! You can drop this syrup anywhere on the stage…doing so creates a sticky trap! If an enemy Steps on your syrup, they’ll be stuck in place for a bit, quite similarly to how pitfalls work in Smash.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Quick question: do these items have to be food or can they be toys/cooking & cleaning equipment/items from the ads/e.t.c.?
They do have to be food since the idea is you can eat it to recover HP or use it as an item. Not sure what we’ll do when we get non-food mascots later down the line but we can figure something out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #8:

Ronald Assist: McFlurry

McFlurry.jpg

Consuming one of these ice cold treats will allow you to harness the power of ice.
Whilst the meal is in play all your attacks that land will allow you to 'freeze' the opponent, making them slow down as they freeze up, allowing you to dish out more damage or get some distance between you and the opponent.

Obviously certain firey moves will end the freeze effect, notably The King's 'Feel the Fire' special or his flame grilled Strong attacks, all of which will thaw the frozen opponent out and return their speed to normal.

Ronald Assist: McCafe

McCafe.png

Upon consuming this, you'll become far more alert.

You'll jump higher, run faster, attack faster and probably be a little more jittery.

Naturally it restores a little bit of health too, which is good as good coffee can soothe the soul.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are your options for the game’s title:
Yiptap Yiptap Food Fight!
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Meal Madness!
BonafideFella BonafideFella Delicatussle
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Mascot of the Meals: Melee!
Baysha Baysha A Hunger For Battle
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Supersized Smackdown
So please vote for your top two or three most wanted names. You can only put your own submission in second or last place.
My votes:
1. Mascot of the Meals
2. Food Fight

Job #8 will be finished as well. So, please vote for your top two or three most wanted for both McDonalds and Burger King out of these options:
McDonalds
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Shake
Yiptap Yiptap Big Mac
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Happy Meal
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Hot Cakes
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad McFlurry
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad McCafe

Burger King
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Whopper
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Burger King Zesty Sauce
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Rodeo King

My votes:
1. Big Mac
2. McCafe
3. Shake

1. Rodeo King
2. Whopper
3. Zesty Sauce

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Supersized Snackdown
2. Food Fight! (Nominating this on the assumption we get Dex Dogtective as DLC)

1. Big Mac
2. Hot Cakes
3. McCafe

1. Rodeo King
2. Whopper
3. Zesty

Top Bottom