• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Just because everyone knows the math-up doesn't excuse the fact that he has no bad ones.

Also, Fox is not hard to play tech skill-wise, since you don't need fancy tech skill to play him. Just gotta be a little faster.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It sucks that Doc's utilt doesn't lead into uair juggles, though, as with Mario.
wtf throw -> u.tilt -> GO!

People who say they main anyone not-fox in reality still main fox.

seriously, you start out playing him for fun, then you realize you win more with him. then you wonder why u bothered playing anyone but fox for so long.
i can fully support this statement
yeah i'm starting to question that myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey I don't main fox. :3 But I don't matter. :[

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Gross generalizations aside, how many of the really good Docs actually compete with fox? More specifically perhaps, which players? 0_o

SmashMac

Smash Lord
If you and the Fox player are at the same skill level you're going to have twice as much a hard time beating him than he has of beating you. If you know how to play against fox, but the Fox knows how to play against Doc., you're in a world of trouble. It's not impossible to beat a good Fox though. Most Fox players make the mistake of just approaching you and miss the fact that they need to space you, pressure you to roll and shield-grab for punishment, and lure you to the edge for easy shine spikes. I fight against Shiz's Fox constantly, his mindset is so keen to the game/matchup that dude ***** me with those tricks. Funny thing is he narrates the match while doing so saying things like, "Oh you're going to jump here, now roll here. See you got punished." But since I have Shiz and KeepSpeedN Fox practice it's hard for other fox players that aren't knowledgeable of the Doc. match up to take a set off of me, just because my mind is so used to knowing that unless this Fox player knows how to approach me and take advantage of my bad habits that otherwise they won't be as effective. I'm not going to sit here and name the other Fox players that I've beaten in tournament just because I'd feel like a d0uche-bag doing so, but just know that yes it's definitely possible to beat good Fox players as Doc..

Shroomed

Smash Master
I wish he went fox on me

I got the business from his falco
he made me only get 4th, under the money AGAIN =(
I played lucky, raynex, zgetto, lovage, eggz, silent wolf, n eggm

none of em ***** me cept lucky
I lost a MM to eggm at p4, played eggz bak in December n lost, go bak n forth with lovage, beat SW and raynex in all matches played

Niko45

Smash Master
Eh...doc vs fox seems pretty close imo. It generally seems to be one of those matchups that really demands better tech skill and spacing consistently from Fox or else he's really in trouble. Fox can get hits from neutral position a bit better but killing can be tricky and/or risky while Doc's punish game is amazing and his edgeguard may be the best vs fox edgeguard in melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you and the Fox player are at the same skill level you're going to have twice as much a hard time beating him than he has of beating you. If you know how to play against fox, but the Fox knows how to play against Doc., you're in a world of trouble. It's not impossible to beat a good Fox though. Most Fox players make the mistake of just approaching you and miss the fact that they need to space you, pressure you to roll and shield-grab for punishment, and lure you to the edge for easy shine spikes. I fight against Shiz's Fox constantly, his mindset is so keen to the game/matchup that dude ***** me with those tricks. Funny thing is he narrates the match while doing so saying things like, "Oh you're going to jump here, now roll here. See you got punished." But since I have Shiz and KeepSpeedN Fox practice it's hard for other fox players that aren't knowledgeable of the Doc. match up to take a set off of me, just because my mind is so used to knowing that unless this Fox player knows how to approach me and take advantage of my bad habits that otherwise they won't be as effective. I'm not going to sit here and name the other Fox players that I've beaten in tournament just because I'd feel like a d0uche-bag doing so, but just know that yes it's definitely possible to beat good Fox players as Doc..
Yeah I guess the ones near my skill level could be beaten, its the ones above my skill level, and who know the doc matchup are hard. Also, at times I wonder if I REALLY do know the matchup. I mean, I know simple things such as fox get upthrowed, fox get caped out of upb, etc. I'm not sure if I am going about matchups right. I get ***** by good falco's and foxes, I dunno why. I noticed I wasn't spacing well, though. Thats one thing I have overlooked, without knowing it. Man misspacing a f-tilt never made me look so dumb haha.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie to you $mac, wouldn't mind hearing that list.

I wish he went fox on me

I got the business from his falco
he made me only get 4th, under the money AGAIN =(
I played lucky, raynex, zgetto, lovage, eggz, silent wolf, n eggm

none of em ***** me cept lucky
I lost a MM to eggm at p4, played eggz bak in December n lost, go bak n forth with lovage, beat SW and raynex in all matches played
i played you in 1 friendly lol

edit: also i heard eggz ***** you when he played you >.>

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Fox ***** Doc.

If they're both at the same skill level and dont know the matchup it could go either way, but if they're both at the same skill level and both know the matchup, fox will destroy doctor Mario. Its not even fair for Doctor Mario at all.

And I should've went fox against you shrooms ;). I honestly think i beat Doc alot easier with Fox than with Falco, but in me and your matches i wasn't in the mood to play around lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not not fair but Imma keep trying. xD Yes, I'm doomed but Doc is too good, I luv em! :D Sometimes I get a headache at tournies though, especially if I'm the only doc. After a while it was cool to see docs at tournies, doing well. : D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum.

I've never seen shiz go out of his way to go post on swf to put somebody in their place~~ daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum.

get scraped daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion

I've never seen shiz go out of his way to go post on swf to put somebody in their place~~ daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum.

Hahaha, jus wanted to throw my opinion out; i love dogysamich hahah.

Gotta chill sometime man :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shroomed grab edge --> Bair more. Or grab edge --> nothing.

He was dead offstage a lot of times but you tried to time the Cape and then he recovered and combo'd you for like 60% and then you'd hit him randomly and he'd die or it would be his 3rd stock so you wouldn't hit him and he'd 2-stock you.

unknown522

Some guy
Fox ***** Doc.

If they're both at the same skill level and dont know the matchup it could go either way, but if they're both at the same skill level and both know the matchup, fox will destroy doctor Mario. Its not even fair for Doctor Mario at all.

And I should've went fox against you shrooms ;). I honestly think i beat Doc alot easier with Fox than with Falco, but in me and your matches i wasn't in the mood to play around lol.
I love you shiz

also:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=56800
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115229

good times.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Did you just say get scraped? xDD *sigh* I guess its better than getting *****. Or is it? ^_~

otg

Smash Master

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, I still don't get the jab cancel. Not that I need it, but it would be convinient. I mean, I try holding down whilst jabbing or after, but I don't visually see anything. I don't even really know what a Jab cancel really is. LOL I was just thinking it'd probaly get to a grab quicker or something.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
LOL^

also, i love watching ancient vids of people who are currently really freaking good.
its funny to see how bad they were lololol/.

Top Bottom