• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Sounds like it would have saved me some 300 hours of work back when Emerald was around.

Stupid egg hatching and EV training...

On the bright side I have a legit Metagross with the highest attack it can get. (Nature, 31 DV/IV and EV trained) It's HP value is stupid low though :(

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
It's the same thing if you were to use something to make all your party members godly in a RPG game. Or use to get all the best items in a game. Takes the whole point of playing away. Equivalent of using a Game shark or something similar

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Disagree, to a certain extent. When you are playing against actual people instead of storyline people or bosses, I prefer both sides having the best tools possible at their disposal quickly. If you can save countless hours aiming for perfect randomized stats/gender/nature/etc and take 10 minutes to get what you want, that's a plus in my book.

Now, if we're talking about playing through the storyline of a game or playing it where you aren't trying to beat a buddy, then yeah I wouldn't change imperfections or disadvantages you have to deal with. I'm not gonna Pokesav my starters to be shiny and perfect IV's and EV trained or do stuff like that, but when I want to play Dphat head to head I can honestly say **** the notion of spending countless hours going through just ATTEMPTS at getting something that's not even guaranteed unless you hack it.

I'm not gonna spend 6 hours breeding 1 pokemon who has to get good IV's, and then turn around and spend 6+ hours breeding from that pokemon and hoping the offspring gets what it needs so that I can have the right egg moves, IV's, Nature, moves naturally passed down from parents, etc.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Eh, still not legit though. I am the type to want to have the sense of accomplishment after i beat a game or do something in them. I hate easy games and things that make games easier than they should be.

At the same time, i see why people do it. Just personally think it's lame.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Like I said though, just for head to head competition. If I have to play someone online or in person, I'm not gonna spend countless hours trying to get something perfect when I probably won't even spend a full hour battling 1 friend. Pokemon has so many random factors that you can get completely ****ed over for loooooong *** hours even if you have good intentions with breeding/resetting for IV's/etc. It would be different if the only thing you had to do was level them up, or only reset for the right nature. But when you have 6 different stats to worry about good/perfect IV's.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Tyson will you stop dude? I think you are cool as **** but, you sound lame as **** talking about "sense of accomplishment". Why not do something in real life and get a "sense of accomplishment". Because everyone esle will tell you it's "just a game". No one is gonna pat you on the back because your pokemon are real and mine are fake. And in tournament wise conditions as long as it legitimately possible then fine let it be had because everyone esle will have the same odds.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Tyson will you stop dude? I think you are cool as **** but, you sound lame as **** talking about "sense of accomplishment". Why not do something in real life and get a "sense of accomplishment". Because everyone esle will tell you it's "just a game". No one is gonna pat you on the back because your pokemon are real and mine are fake. And in tournament wise conditions as long as it legitimately possible then fine let it be had because everyone esle will have the same odds.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post. Highly unnecessary. I voiced my opinon on Pokesav and you turned around into a personal bash.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That wasn't even necessary

Pokesav is like a gameshark in a sense, as a gamer you should understand what he means

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Essentially, I see it this way:
Pokesave is simply cutting down on timelines getting exactly what you want just like a Gameshark would. Sure, I could waste days of my life trying to get that perfect Aerodactyl, but there again, I could just grab it.

The downside? People may use it to get Pokemon with max stats, etc, who would not have done it otherwise. "Oh? A free, max-possible-stat Pokemon? Don't mind if I do!"

Summary:
Ice and Tyson are both stating equal opinion on the matter. Morals are against Pokesav and Logic is for it. Solution: everyone drop the subject. Srsly.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
DFW Carpool:
1. Problemo
2. Batou
3. Dphat

So we've been preparing a carpool for HOBO this weekend. We are in need of at least one more player. The fee for a 4 person carpool is $25 and for a 5 person carpool will be $20.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Personally, i feel for ice. Let me explain why.
Call me a nerd, but I frequent these smashboards from time to time only reading certain players posts. Because I don't like to waste my time reading responses from people who don't contribute well into conversation. Tysons posts are one of those that I like to read. I enjoy hearing the "no pain no gain mantras" or "Dojo vs goliath, dojo got this 100% for being Dojo."

Since Monday, Tyson has been expressing his disdain for pokemon ****. Now if your like me, you check smashboards and the DFW thread often. And throughout this entire week, i've come to read tyson, tyson, tyson, tyson, hate hate hate hate hate. The **** gets old real quick.

I agree about the post being unnecessary, a pm woulda sufficed. However, I can't sympathize for Tyson. Therefore reading the bickering is aggravating.

Denti

Smash Master
man i have still never gotten the sword of kings in earthbound!!!! everyone gets to level 99 urg.... debug room tempts me...
I've gottin it 3 times ;D

and I've gottin the gusty batt.. along with other cool **** that's a 1 out of 128 chance :reverse:

The Mother series was my favorite game series ever before brawl came out and i obsessed over getting everything. I was all over starmen.net :D
secretly ashamed of not being a ness main

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Personally, i feel for ice. Let me explain why.
reading the bickering is aggravating.
Wow. Damien could not have picked up on what I was trying to say better. I know what I said may have came off a little harsh but, I assure you I didn't mean it too.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
when will there be phase x2? I thought the reason phase went on hiatus was because of whobo. Is their something hindering it? I'm pretty sure I can go, I got a promotion with more hours and stuff but my work schedule is stable now.

G O D L I K E

lol Infinity I have two Kefka keychains, no joke. You want one I'll bring it to the next phase I go to.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
when will there be phase x2? I thought the reason phase went on hiatus was because of whobo. Is their something hindering it? I'm pretty sure I can go, I got a promotion with more hours and stuff but my work schedule is stable now.
There is no venue for phase. The person who let them use FX Exchange got butt hurt that the tournament wasn't bringing in any new regular customers and simply won't let them do it anymore. That is according to Slaps.

In the meanwhile, Denti and I are hosting plenty of Fort Worth tournaments so that you can get your fix until the next phase.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
That's what she said.
NEW and ORIGINAL

Fogo do you play Juri? Maybe I'm cracking up buti thought some1 here plays her

There is no venue for phase. The person who let them use FX Exchange got butt hurt that the tournament wasn't bringing in any new regular customers and simply won't let them do it anymore. That is according to Slaps.

In the meanwhile, Denti and I are hosting plenty of Fort Worth tournaments so that you can get your fix until the next phase.
lmao wow so they were letting us use FX to get more customers, I thought they were getting paid for it. Everyone and their damn agenda

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

G O D L I K E

lol Infinity I have two Kefka keychains, no joke. You want one I'll bring it to the next phase I go to.
If you're serious, I'm actually willing to drive across town to pick one of those up. No, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom