• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD has a totally awesome hat. (DDD's cg extended)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Hello DDD boards. I wanted to inform you that I just propelled DDD's metagame tremendously over the course of just today. This in NOT a joke thread!

lol. Seriously, BengalsRZ recently discovered true pivot to pivot grab or retreating pivot grabs. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231916 Check the thread and the vid to see what I mean. Now imagine you apply this to DDD's chaingrab. It would make the matches where he can chaingrab even more in his favor because his cg gets greatly extended because he retreats (this I tested and it really makes a huge difference).

This will definitely not be a guaranteed chain on marth and other difficult characters to cg, because it takes a bit longer than just running and grabbing. Someone should do testing to figure out who this is guaranteed on.

So basically: retreating pivot chain grabs can GREATLY extend (but not make infinite) DDD's cg on some characters.

It doesn't actually break the game, but it'd be really cool if it works.

Title is as it is so non-DDD's don't find out. **** snakes with this at APEX. lolThe title is fact. Period.

DDD BARELY slides, buts that's more than enough [to extend the cg a lot] .

Foxtrot-> wait for foxtrot to end->begin a dash -> IMMEDIATELY dash in the other direction(similar to how you would to stutterstep fsmash)-> pivot grab

in a cg

down throw->Foxtrot-> wait for foxtrot to end->begin a dash -> IMMEDIATELY dash in the other direction(similar to how you would to stutterstep fsmash)-> (give the dash a chance to start or it won't work) pivot grab->down throw etc.

It is NOT easy. trust me. x.x

~may have vids up next week~

|RK|

Smash Marketer
How on Earth

Did I forget to show this to the Kirbies?

I'm gonna do that now...
:kirby2:

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
nuuuuuuuu!

Joker already knew anyway. =/

I like how 2 non-DDD mains posted before any DDDs did. Sad.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
DeDeDe can now CG with the BROKEN ASSS range from a Pivot grab.

LOL

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
More importantly, if he could cg you across the stage for like 5 throws he can now do 10. Too good.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I've been trying to get this down all day. At best I can do 3 in a row when the speed is at 1/4. I haz no techskillz. =(

edit: it looks sick when it works though.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
The post is right, he barely moved, but he is still in a much closer position then he would be with dash grab or sc grab. If he moved as much as marth it'd be an infinite (imagine that. lol).

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Can we ban D3 infinites now? :D
Actually, jk cause this looks like it will be fun to do.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I can't do it with D3.

I can with Marth though. (my secondary)
I cant seem to do it either. Might be due to the fact D3 never really gets a slide out of pivot grabbing. The only slide i've seen my D3 do is one out of a successful dash grab.

Try it with Falco and see what happens.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
DeDeDe is the heaviest character in the game and also the fattest.

He can't slide for ****.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
DeDeDe is the heaviest character in the game and also the fattest.

He can't slide for ****.
Yea...maybe its just me but it feels like his pivot grab is momentum stopping...thats my feeling on it though.

I also wonder what this does for Olimar.....huh

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
DDD BARELY slides, buts that's more than enough.

Foxtrot-> wait for foxtrot to end->begin a dash -> IMMEDIATELY dash in the other direction(similar to how you would to stutterstep fsmash)-> pivot grab

in a cg

down throw->Foxtrot-> wait for foxtrot to end->begin a dash -> IMMEDIATELY dash in the other direction(similar to how you would to stutterstep fsmash)-> (give the dash a chance to start or it won't work) pivot grab->down throw etc.

It is NOT easy. trust me. x.x

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
OMFG, if this **** works I'll be so mad.

I wanted to discover something to help Marth not D3, my worst matchup.

FML.

*cries*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I came just because the title caught my eye (I like to see why spam threads are/will get closed :p), so trying to keep this from getting out mad no difference.

Not that I care enough to actually tattle on anybody though.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
The slide won't work for King Dedede. It's logic that since he doesn't get a slide from a glide toss or a smash boost, he won't get it from this new technique. He's too heavy for it, period. No need to test it...
Thanks anyways man for posting it here in the King Dedede boards though...

And D.E., Ganondorf is the heaviest in the game, not King Dedede XD.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
DeDeDe is the heaviest character in Brawl with DI, meaning he survives the longest with proper DI.

I can back it up with countless threads and testings.

Ganon and CF are like the 6th heaviest or something like that. (They both have the same weight and properties)

He actually slides a little bit though but the important thing is that he can move forward while performing a pivot grab.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
OMFG, if this **** works I'll be so mad.

I wanted to discover something to help Marth not D3, my worst matchup.

FML.

*cries*
Sorry. =( While I'm doing extended cgs I'll make my tag MARTH if that helps.
lol so you don't want other boards to find out (like lucarios and diddy who've had similar threads), yet you take it from the marth boards?
Shame shame:(:p
Marth wasn't using it right. lol
The slide won't work for King Dedede. It's logic that since he doesn't get a slide from a glide toss or a smash boost, he won't get it from this new technique. He's too heavy for it, period. No need to test it...
Thanks anyways man for posting it here in the King Dedede boards though...

And D.E., Ganondorf is the heaviest in the game, not King Dedede XD.
The post is right, he barely moved, but he is still in a much closer position then he would be with dash grab or sc grab. If he moved as much as marth it'd be an infinite (imagine that. lol).

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i was playing around with this and i did notice a very small slide from D3, and i was able to get more grabs across FD than just the normal CG

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Dedede doesn't have perfect traction. He isn't going to slide much, but this isn't supposed to make every chain grab an infinite. It's just supposed to help us get maybe one or two extra grabs in before we finish it.

I'm wondering what effect this could have on the buuman trap, it might help us position ourselves better.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I noticed you can do this by dash dancing. I've actually known that for a while but thought it was useless.

Jupz

Smash Master
Wait so can anyone do this consistently yet?? I've only practiced about 2 mins but I only managed to do it once with marth on 1/2 motion :(

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
At least this CG takes skill to use lol.

GOD I forgot about the saying to have people not feel insulted. O_O

Tero.

Smash Champion
Even if this only adds a few grabs, that's like, an extra 15% per cg. Does this let D3 cg chars he couldn't cg before?

As allready said: no.
You can't even cg some characters with this, e.g. Luigi, Marth

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Wait so can anyone do this consistently yet?? I've only practiced about 2 mins but I only managed to do it once with marth on 1/2 motion :(
I can't even do it after spending a full day on it. Still need to put vids up but I haven't had a chance.

Top Bottom