• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Seriously, you yourself had awknowledge Axe not trying...If you beat M2k while he is jacking off and eating a sandwich, would you really try and count that for seeding as well?

Sure I understand how you would have felt...good****, a win is a win...but come on man...did you really just ask for any sort of significant change in your seeding because you won 1 set at a single tourney...apparently losing to silly kyle directly after, who Axe then beat. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL<--not enough LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
He entered sandbag mode for that small period of time, then started trying again after I won. Why are you and the rest of the world trying to make my accomplishment look like a pile of steaming ****?

God damn, dude. The **** is your problem? How would you or anyone else feel if I made anything YOU felt accomplished for into some sort of joke like you guys are doing to me? Don't you understand the concept of treating people the way YOU want to be treated?

=\

I seriously can't believe how low SWF is, god damn. Is it really necessary to **** on my biggest accomplishment, and then mock me for asking if beating Axe was relevant or not? What's it going to take before I'm treated like a HUMAN BEING?!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
one time, me and my teammate beat raynex and unknown in doubles WF, then proceeded to get 6-0'd in grand finals.

I want a top seed plez.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ruby-your set deserves nothing more than a "good ****"(I said that in my first post)

Be happy that u took a set off Axe, its cool, be proud of that....but that satisfaction should be from within not from how other ppl perceive it.

Stop taking things so personally. Its going to mean more to you than it means to anyone else especially with it being such a sloppy set. Things are different locally, even in tournament its often just smashing wit the homies. Nobody thinks, well except for how u get low key mad at EVERYthing, that you are a scrubby random noob. But you arent a top 5 caliber player either, Axe is. The better player always gets the benefit of the doubt thats really all thats happening, and it will continue to happen until you prove yourself at national/regional events or become more consistent in taking said sets off top players. Basically you cant convince anybody that you are a good player from your posts on smashboards...your play alone should speak for itself. When you are good, ppl will watch the set and say..."hmmm that n**** is good lol."

TLDR;Dont take it personally, its just Axe is good enough to where he probably shouldnt have lost to you, good **** on the win tho =D

sidefx

Smash Champion
so

me and peter (zoap) had to play mango and lucky in pound 4 pools

and we 2-0'd them.

no one else beat them in a set besides us that tournament ... SO... i think were deserving of a 1st overall seed.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Harry Potter midnight show hype!

A sidebet is usually matching the one that bets with the highest money. Now you made yourself look weak.
Well exxcccuusse me, princess. Even though it was a bad one, you do realise that was a joke, right? ...Although the idea of Subway MMs are pretty great. :glare:

Napos

Smash Ace
Harry Potter midnight show hype!

Well exxcccuusse me, princess. Even though it was a bad one, you do realise that was a joke, right? ...Although the idea of Subway MMs are pretty great. :glare:
Old Man Grey, I am Victor one of the NM smashers, Heard you can shelter us for 3 days. Is this true?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Old Man Grey, I am Victor one of the NM smashers, Heard you can shelter us for 3 days. Is this true?
Well...the more house-boys stuffed in one room, the merrier the old man will be. :awesome:

PM me so we can discuss this.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Genesis 2 Alberta Suite is NOW full!

SEE THE TITLE! Update here!

• Kuraudo
• Alphicans
• Crusayer
• Ally
• DLA
• Arty
• Vermanubis (?)

Now that that's settled, I am 100% hyped for everything and moreso.

Also, Boback, thanks for being so awesome and talking with me through all the receipt mumbo jumbo. I'll let my partner know of what he's gotta do when he shows up at the hotel! Thanks again man. DBR wins at life.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Can I get seeded higher than Ruby?
I heard you can't come to this... I'm saddened.

Also. At one point I swear I had a dream that i beat Mango and Axe in a 2 vs 1. Can I at least get 2nd seed in pools? It deserves some credit right.

And thank you Ruby for providing some entertainment for Light and I as we read the last few pages :D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well, pools wise, if we're making out top 3, I hope I can get out. I feel a little nervous, coming out to my first West Coast event. I usually place top 10 in my region and PR'd 1st. I want good opponents though :) I can't wait for this. Even if I have to face M2K in pools (even though I've faced him twice VERY early in bracket now), I will enjoy it. I hope I can face some new players I've never seen/met!

That, concerning MMs... I will accept most MMs with anyone (if I have the time/money), using Pit or Wario. IF you are interested, just ask! I'll be the average sized guy with blonde long hair in a tail and glasses, blue eyes. I'm not too shy. XP

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
My buddy and I decided to throw together a little hype vid for all you creatures (and it was just a little fun project for us). So please enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoguDiZl298

Sorry we couldn't pump it out before pre-reg was over. And also shoutout to all the players that deserved to be featured but couldn't be added in unfortunately (friendly neighborhood IC and fox mains, SS, etc.). We look forward to the rapefest ;)

Edit: Amsah isnt going?! It took us forever to find that clip! lol dang my b.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmmm... Clearly not enough Brawl hype vid hyping going on. Maybe I should remedy this sometime.

[EDIT]

That's freaking AWESOME, Dan. lol at some Swede.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Stop taking things so personally. Its going to mean more to you than it means to anyone else especially with it being such a sloppy set. Things are different locally, even in tournament its often just smashing wit the homies. Nobody thinks, well except for how u get low key mad at EVERYthing, that you are a scrubby random noob. But you arent a top 5 caliber player either, Axe is. The better player always gets the benefit of the doubt thats really all thats happening, and it will continue to happen until you prove yourself at national/regional events or become more consistent in taking said sets off top players. Basically you cant convince anybody that you are a good player from your posts on smashboards...your play alone should speak for itself. When you are good, ppl will watch the set and say..."hmmm that n**** is good lol."
This is very very VERY true.

My buddy and I decided to throw together a little hype vid for all you creatures (and it was just a little fun project for us). So please enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoguDiZl298
OMG THIS IS SO GOOD! Love the music.

I was wondering, it'd probably be a cool idea to somehow gather all of the hype vids together yeah? Oh man they're all so nice!

sidefx

Smash Champion
SEE THE TITLE! Update here!

• Kuraudo
• Alphicans
• Crusayer
• Ally
• DLA
• Arty
• Vermanubis (?)

Now that that's settled, I am 100% hyped for everything and moreso.

Also, Boback, thanks for being so awesome and talking with me through all the receipt mumbo jumbo. I'll let my partner know of what he's gotta do when he shows up at the hotel! Thanks again man. DBR wins at life.
glad you guys got your room filled out, if theres anything you need just let me know =D

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Here's how we're doing the seeding:

Getting reps together from each region who know the scene, and putting people into tiers kind of like the character tier list. If you've done something "notable," posting it here will have no effect. Either we don't know you and we will just ignore it, or we do know you and are already aware of your results.

The seeds in the pools will then be filled starting with the higher tiered players. We aren't seeding it exactly until the bracket since the first seed in each pool is basically the same 'seed' for all of them. Though if we can, we will try to put higher 1st with lower 2nd and vice versa. We don't know exactly how many pools/seeds we're giving out yet.

Melee is looking like 3 rounds of pools, Brawl still unsure whether it will be 2 or 3.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo boback I don't care if you seed me well
just don't put a ton of sheiks and falcos in my pool or I'll murder your second cousin as payback
<3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're all ****ing childish morons. I'm really sick of this ****.

@Kaostar what the **** else do I need to do until I'm considered good? I place well consistently in-region and have over the last 14 months. I'm currently #4 on the PR. I've managed to take a set off a top 5 caliber player. I made it out of pools at the only OOS tourney I've been do. I'm doing the absolute best with the resources available to me.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Kaostar is a nubcake... XD Jk Kline you know I love ya haha

Prime!! We should play >.>;;

uhhhhhhhhhh..

yeah melee??

and just prove them wrong, if you believe you can do it...

I had to prove people wrong at Pound V about my Yoshi, me as a player in general.. Im sure you can do it too, like anyone could with the proper motivation. etc. :)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
yeah vman we should! Kline talks about you all the time
"man i wanna be just like vectorman, his yoshi is so tight etc etc"

nah jk lol he doesnt really but ill see you at genesis, i wanna play a ton of people. Seems like the AZ melee scene is really intact just like WA

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Haha, Kline...

Yeah we try, and allrite sounds good man!

Man this is soooooooooo close, this is crazy! so many FOOD places I wanna go to >.>

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You're all ****ing childish morons. I'm really sick of this ****.

@Kaostar what the **** else do I need to do until I'm considered good? I place well consistently in-region and have over the last 14 months. I'm currently #4 on the PR. I've managed to take a set off a top 5 caliber player. I made it out of pools at the only OOS tourney I've been do. I'm doing the absolute best with the resources available to me.
Well it sounds like you are well on your way. Just keep at it, soon enough ppl will notice. Just relax a bit, dont force it. Play the game because its fun. and be nice, there is no reason to get so mad just because somebody disagrees with you, I hear you are actually a nice dude irl, try being a nice dude on swf....for one thing, your swf rep of low key being a **** head wont overshadow you being a decent/good melee player.

Haha you already know <3 Tim.

Andy lolololol its not what u want playah. Its not what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom