• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
from what i've seen from swf I could win genesis and everyone would john for anyone and everyone I beat. People would come up with the most bull**** and arbitrary excuses and otherwise keep themselves in a perpetual state of denial just because of who I am.

As for being a nice person on swf, in all honesty it didn't work. I have a VERY long history with SWF and being nice never worked for me, and a huge portion of the disagreements I get into are because people either:

A. Misinterpret the content of my posts
B. Assume I'm trolling
C. Just don't take me seriously.

People look at my posts and are like this guy can't honestly mean what he's saying. He HAS to be trolling, when in reality, I'm literally just typing what comes to mind. There is no filter. I just post in the most direct, as a matter of fact way possible and for whatever reason that **** bothers people.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I just post in the most direct, as a matter of fact way possible and for whatever reason that **** bothers people.
Which in many ways, IS THE EXACT problem. I'm not trying to be rude to you here, I'm just trying to help you. Not everyone likes the "blunt" attitude towards things, especially if people want an opinion, or help on things. Sure being blunt helps, but towards certain players, people, It won't do you any Justice. It will only hurt it.

You need to find that fine line between these two of being straight up, and of course giving insight and ideas, not just going off of, what people did to you. Be a rolemodel to them, not rude, just because you weren't as lucky as some people are now. :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here's how we're doing the seeding:

Getting reps together from each region who know the scene, and putting people into tiers kind of like the character tier list. If you've done something "notable," posting it here will have no effect. Either we don't know you and we will just ignore it, or we do know you and are already aware of your results.

The seeds in the pools will then be filled starting with the higher tiered players. We aren't seeding it exactly until the bracket since the first seed in each pool is basically the same 'seed' for all of them. Though if we can, we will try to put higher 1st with lower 2nd and vice versa. We don't know exactly how many pools/seeds we're giving out yet.

Melee is looking like 3 rounds of pools, Brawl still unsure whether it will be 2 or 3.
I helped seed Genesis 1 for brawl if you need help with that just drop me a PM, I am very familiar with the current scene.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
from what i've seen from swf I could win genesis and everyone would john for anyone and everyone I beat. People would come up with the most bull**** and arbitrary excuses and otherwise keep themselves in a perpetual state of denial just because of who I am.

As for being a nice person on swf, in all honesty it didn't work. I have a VERY long history with SWF and being nice never worked for me, and a huge portion of the disagreements I get into are because people either:

A. Misinterpret the content of my posts
B. Assume I'm trolling
C. Just don't take me seriously.

People look at my posts and are like this guy can't honestly mean what he's saying. He HAS to be trolling, when in reality, I'm literally just typing what comes to mind. There is no filter. I just post in the most direct, as a matter of fact way possible and for whatever reason that **** bothers people.
Thats ok tho, they are just disagreements, kinda like now, you seem to be disagreeing with what I am saying....but nobody is getting brittle. I think you should try being nicer again, apparently you dont (cuz being mean is a ****load better, right?) Its just a difference in opinion....it doesnt have to divulge into name calling and insults(like so many of your arguments do). If you won Genesis, and yes I am aware thats a hyperbole on so many levels lol, people would consider you good. There is no john that could be made to cover that lol. and honestly, I think you are misinterpreting what other ppl are saying in this situation. Not 1 single person in this thread was saying that you werent a good player....they all just laughed at the fact that you questioned your seeding based off a single set at a local tournament. and they were laughing, cuz that **** was mad funny. Go back and read the posts, they are all about seeding, not about how much they hate Xander, and they were all exaggerated...just lighten up, dont take the jokes so personally.

Anyway, you should think about why ppl react in those ways. When u are poppin off insults for no reason ppl are going to assume you are a troll, or emotionally unstable-therefore a troll. If you are a troll, you wont be taken seriously. Its really just that simple.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"nobody is getting brittle"
yo kline i love you you're a lol poster

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Which in many ways, IS THE EXACT problem. I'm not trying to be rude to you here, I'm just trying to help you. Not everyone likes the "blunt" attitude towards things, especially if people want an opinion, or help on things. Sure being blunt helps, but towards certain players, people, It won't do you any Justice. It will only hurt it.

You need to find that fine line between these two of being straight up, and of course giving insight and ideas, not just going off of, what people did to you. Be a rolemodel to them, not rude, just because you weren't as lucky as some people are now. :(
I am not lucky, I'm blessed. =)

It's one thing to be blunt with the truth but other to be blunt with your own perspective. If you don't give a **** then that's how your image will be.

I also like that it's supposed to be a big deal to defeat one awesome player in a small tournament. Locally, I've never won and guess who I had to beat to become a star in the US? SOOO MANY PLAYERS not just 1 lol. Rubyiris, your respect won't come to you on a silver platter if that's what you expect. You have to defeat everyone a lot!

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you'll get respect/recognition within the smash community when you've earned it. Honestly, I have no idea who you are, so I can't say much. You might be a beast. I don't know much about the west coast scene. Beating Axe at a local or whatever is pretty tight, but people of that calibur don't tend to take those kinds of tourneys seriously. I sandbag like hell at locals. Lots of people from VA have beaten me that would NEVER beat me at a national. Might make me look like a ****, might not. Don't really care cause it's a local. Performing well and beating top players at nationals when the pressure is on you is what really counts. **** a top player in the bracket at Genesis and I'm pretty damn sure you'll get your recognition.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
even if you don't agree with how reputation is made, that's just how it is in the smash community :), and it does make sense if you think about it.

ya ruby if u won genesis people would give u respect as a player cause that means you had to beat A LOT of amazing players at a tourney where the stakes are high and a lot matters.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure you'll get respect/recognition within the smash community when you've earned it. Honestly, I have no idea who you are, so I can't say much. You might be a beast. I don't know much about the west coast scene. Beating Axe at a local or whatever is pretty tight, but people of that calibur don't tend to take those kinds of tourneys seriously. I sandbag like hell at locals. Lots of people from VA have beaten me that would NEVER beat me at a national. Might make me look like a ****, might not. Don't really care cause it's a local. Performing well and beating top players at nationals when the pressure is on you is what really counts. **** a top player in the bracket at Genesis and I'm pretty damn sure you'll get your recognition.
even if you don't agree with how reputation is made, that's just how it is in the smash community :), and it does make sense if you think about it.

ya ruby if u won genesis people would give u respect as a player cause that means you had to beat A LOT of amazing players at a tourney where the stakes are high and a lot matters.
Mhm.. that's how it is. Locally, I don't really care either.. I just like to play my comrades a lot, it's really fun... however that may be is to my own discretion, I always place ****ty in locals. =)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yup yup. I go to locals mostly just to visit with my friends/smashers from MD/VA that I don't get to see very often. Any real practice I get at locals is from doing tons of friendlies with the top players in my area.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I'm glad we are on the same page.. However at Genesis 2.. in 2 WEEEKSSS!!! Not even now... 11 days!!! The cage will open to unleash the beast within!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Blah blah I'm going to win anyway.

I wonder if I'm going to get a seed at all in Melee or if I would be a "random"

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I'm curious about my seeding too, actually. Hoping I've proven myself well enough at the last few majors to get 1st seed. Guess we'll see.

Abate

Smash Journeyman
My cinnamon toast crunch looked like mango this morning does that affect my seed? :troll:

jk I'm pumped to see pools. noob question: How many people are there per pool and how many make it out?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
@ mooney
tourneys not named apex have a hard time reaching those huge levels like the first genesis and pound 4. those 09 levels are just unrealistic since the large amount of people that got into the scene when brawl was released have pretty much just quit. however, we're bottoming out on that now I'd say...if you're still around now, you're pretty much gonna stay. because of that, both scenes are pretty much just gonna keep growing from here on as long as tourneys stay hype 8]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its weird, the chicago smash scene just exploded. We got 38 and 31 entrants at the last 2 locals/bi-weeklies (normally we were struggling to break 20 without OoS/travel). For many it was their first tournaments and over half just started entering tournaments in the last 2 months or so. There was no OoS travel at either of these (except darkatma was in town and came).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mooney must be talking about melee

Florida has like 8-10 brawl players going

:phone:

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Its weird, the chicago smash scene just exploded. We got 38 and 31 entrants at the last 2 locals/bi-weeklies (normally we were struggling to break 20 without OoS/travel). For many it was their first tournaments and over half just started entering tournaments in the last 2 months or so. There was no OoS travel at either of these (except darkatma was in town and came).
Yo son, Indiana was in that.

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
So a couple spaces opened up in my executive queen room at the ramada. If you're still looking for a room, send me a pm. I have room for 2-3 smashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom