• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I said this earlier, but in Melee combos exist. If I'm a good, experienced, smart player I can get a grab off on a campy Fox on Brinstar or Poke Floats and 0-death him. Or at least **** his **** up. There's an answer to camping in Melee while there is none in Brawl.
...which is why people camp

sorry, if your friends didn't beat him, they simply aren't as good as they think they are, and they certainly aren't better players. Everyone's playing under the same rule-set here.

CO18

Smash Hero
You cant really plank with Diddy? What is planking? Shooting peanuts from afar? hmmm and doesn't teh spammerer time out everyone yett you're not complaining about him.

But once again Diddy gets beat pretty bad by Dedede without camping especially vs a ddd like atomsk.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
klaptraps are gay, yes

but they are NOT random and people really need to stop perpetuating that horrible lie.

if you dont want that to happen to you, dont get caught there during 1 of those 9 seconds.

its called being good. and if you are good, and you still get caught by crap like that, maybe you arent as good as you thought.
Sure, instead I'll go falco and **** you twelve ways from sunday.

I don't even play that character, either.

btw talk **** about people when you win moneyz <3

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
planking is getting your opponents percent higher than you or getting a stock ahead then just avoid all combat to run the clock out.

I think.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Thumbs....I'll give it to you in Melee terms. How does a Fox win on Poke'floats...or Brinstar? He camps the crap out of whoever he's playing. End of Story. It exists in Brawl, it exists in Melee, and it exists in Super Camping Bros/who has the best Pikachu 64. (<3 SSB64 ^________^) When people want to win...they do it. It's as simple as that.
pretty sure towards the end of melee, Mango and i never really camped, we might of played defensive at times but as far as our overall sets go we're known as pretty offensive players. We were arguably the top 3 players in the nation too (with m2k as well). For the most part we played like this vs everyone too. We outplayed people not by camping/ running out the clock, but by pressuring them with aggressiveness and forcing them to make bad decisions and punishing them. Ken the king of smash was also a very very aggressive player who was rarely ever seen camping.

The best thing about melee was that camping was just effective as being super aggro and vice versa as long as you did it correctly. I have to admit listening to the CoT4 live feed was pretty funny i love hearing the clock run out and some other players heart being shattered LOL. Seems like a lot of really close sets went down with tons of talented players dealing with a lot of pressure. No but really, melee and brawl are stupid to compare. obviously different games with a pretty different community so lets just coexist in peace, smash is smash. Congrats to m2k for holding it down

I feel bad for chibo also, i know he messed up a little bit but maybe next time if everyone brings more TV's a tournament of this size can finish faster. From my experience i know a lot of people delay their matches and take their merry time playing friendlies and doing other stuff. A disqualification rule should of been in place for this tournament so everyone would be on their toes. Also maybe if teh spammer doesn't run out the clock every match too things would run a long a little faster. LOLOL jk good **** spammer.

Edit: too lazy to check grammar lol

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Thumbs...while you're right in some aspects...how about I be a bit more specific about camping on at least one of those stages. M2K vs. Bum on Poke'floats. Or...how about...a better example....Spam vs. Vidjo on the same stage. M2K won by camping...as it was all he could do. Trust me...Bum would have had to ensure M2K couldn't get away from him at all for him to win that. And Vidjo vs. Spam. Well....Peach vs. Fox on that stage. I've won that match up, and that was because the Fox I was playing didn't play Campy. (He's a FAR better player than I am) However...what can Peach do against a campy Fox? Nothing...and on that stage? Well...she can camp herself. That was just campfest '07. The match ended up with a victory by %. Each of them had TWO STOCKS left. I can guarantee you, that if neither actually cared as much about winning, they'd have rushed in and made an attempt to get in the fray. It happens in Melee. You can defend it, but it happens. I'm just making you aware.

Edit: PC, you're right, xD. I was just bringing to his attention...that it has happened in Melee.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I know I already asked, but there's too many posts. What happened that got the cops involved?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Since you quoted me, ill assume this was aimed at me

Sure, instead I'll go falco and **** you twelve ways from sunday.

I don't even play that character, either.

btw talk **** about people when you win moneyz <3
1. you are welcome to try.
2. im not talking smack bout anybody, just saying if you say you are good but lose to things like that, you need to reevaluate your stance.
3. its not much but i have won money in tourneys in a strong area.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I understand the problems with those matchups, I'm a Diddy main and I've seen it all. I've been camped by every single character in this game by people who know they can't beat me otherwise. The RC thing was his faul for CPing there. I'm mad at you because like three people I know who are good at this game told me you were a terrible diddy who camped them the entire match. You ran the timer on a friend of mine, which is BS regardless of the matchup. You planked, so you are the worst of the worst in this game.

I play DDDs and Kirbys all the time. I know DDD is a *** who DEFINITELY has the advantage on Diddy, but running away is stooping lower than them. WHY would you even want the win after that? Now Kirby is a different story. You can smash DI out of that grab combo he has and you can beat great Kirbys if you just space really **** well. I despise Brinstar as well, but it's not the gayest place he could have taken you. There are far worse stages in this game.

Grab release to a random claw guy killing Atomsk at low percent on Japes. Then he died at 40% and at 0% on Rainbow Cruise because of the stage moving. Least that's what he told me. I witnessed the Japes thing first hand. Man that was gay and lucky as ****.
Were you the guy who was friends with Turbo or/and the person who told me that it was the stage that made me win. If it is you then I know why your doing this, both of them have bad sportsmanship because they both slammed their controllers onto the ground after I won. At least one of them said that it was a good game just before I left the building after losing to that Marth player.

First off, I wasn't even ledge camping, I hardly if at all grabed the ledge only to recover. On Jungle japes I made a barrier with bananas and peanuts that made it impossible for him to approach and led to a combo which the gator would come and get him. I grab relased him into the water about 6 times in the match and he got hit by the gator once, and that gator comes up very often.

And your information is wrong on Rainbow Cruise. I was at 0% and he was at 150% both on last life. He was ignorant and sliped on my banana on the stage allowing me to grab and up throw him to his death.

Last of matches like that aren't boring to watch because quite a few people were watching my matches and rooting for me to win. Seriously, If you haven't noticed for the past half-year, defense > attack in Brawl. If you don't like your cheese with your wine then go play melee.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
pretty sure towards the end of melee, Mango and i never really camped, we might of played defensive at times but as far as our overall sets go we're known as pretty offensive players. We were arguably the top 3 players in the nation too (with m2k as well). For the most part we played like this vs everyone too. We outplayed people not by camping/ running out the clock, but by pressuring them with aggressiveness and forcing them to make bad decisions and punishing them. Ken the king of smash was also a very very aggressive player who was rarely ever seen camping.

The best thing about melee was that camping was just effective as being super aggro and vice versa as long as you did it correctly. I have to admit listening to the CoT4 live feed was pretty funny i love hearing the clock run out and some other players heart being shattered LOL. Seems like a lot of really close sets went down with tons of talented players dealing with a lot of pressure. No but really, melee and brawl are stupid to compare. obviously different games with a pretty different community so lets just coexist in peace, smash is smash. Congrats to m2k for holding it down

I feel bad for chibo also, i know he messed up a little bit but maybe next time if everyone brings more TV's a tournament of this size can finish faster. From my experience i know a lot of people delay their matches and take their merry time playing friendlies and doing other stuff. A disqualification rule should of been in place for this tournament so everyone would be on their toes. Also maybe if teh spammer doesn't run out the clock every match too things would run a long a little faster. LOLOL jk good **** spammer.

Edit: too lazy to check grammar lol
hahah not a little plz dont say a little :p:chuckle: :c

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Since you quoted me, ill assume this was aimed at me

1. you are welcome to try.
2. im not talking smack bout anybody, just saying if you say you are good but lose to things like that, you need to reevaluate your stance.
3. its not much but i have won money in tourneys in a strong area.
Since you're obviously not really paying attention...

1. Falco can CG to death spike every character except maybe Samus and ROB on JJ, and he already wins those matchups.
2. 1HKOs that aren't purely player-driven (i.e. GnW bucket) are stupid, hence that stage not being legal.
3. Come down to NYC / NJ some time. =D

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Were you the guy who was friends with Turbo or/and the person who told me that it was the stage that made me win. If it is you then I know why your doing this, both of them have bad sportsmanship because they both slammed their controllers onto the ground after I won. At least one of them said that it was a good game just before I left the building after losing to that Marth player.

First off, I wasn't even ledge camping, I hardly if at all grabed the ledge only to recover. On Jungle japes I made a barrier with bananas and peanuts that made it impossible for him to approach and led to a combo which the gator would come and get him. I grab relased him into the water about 6 times in the match and he got hit by the gator once, and that gator comes up very often.

And your information is wrong on Rainbow Cruise. I was at 0% and he was at 150% both on last life. He was ignorant and sliped on my banana on the stage allowing me to grab and up throw him to his death.

Last of matches like that aren't boring to watch because quite a few people were watching my matches and rooting for me to win.
hm... are you a kid that play Diddy and used name tag as "Tails" ?

I was watching that match, that last match on brinstar sucks. stop camping... lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. since you said you dont play falco, ill assume you arent good enough with him to be frame perfect with teh CGs, which is necessary if you want to CG sonic.

2. How is the gator not player driven, if all the accounts johning aobut it are dealing with a player forcing them into teh gator? also, there are gayer things on other legal stages.

3. when is gametable?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
hm... are you a kid that play Diddy and used name tag as "Tails" ?

I was watching that match, that last match on brinstar sucks. stop camping... lol
I'll just lose then instead of camp. I guess theres nothing wrong with that. I guess Kirby just can't move around the stage a lot faster than diddy can and if he can possibly get a single b air off it gets followed with a f smash which kills diddy around 70% on that stage.

I'm sorry that your crew member or whatever lost. Get over it. I had to deal with you guys saying "You've got this gozno" "You've got this" 20 thousand times over and over.

B4 I played Gonzo I asked Inui about him and he said that he beat him with no trouble and that he sucked. He'll say that I'm better too. I'm in one of the Best states and I've been on the power rankings before. I just can't get on there by being a scrub.

Also thumbs I'd really like to know who in my pool hated me so much? Just about everyone in there but le thien, wes, and Chaos Marth was mediorce.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs...while you're right in some aspects...how about I be a bit more specific about camping on at least one of those stages. M2K vs. Bum on Poke'floats. Or...how about...a better example....Spam vs. Vidjo on the same stage. M2K won by camping...as it was all he could do. Trust me...Bum would have had to ensure M2K couldn't get away from him at all for him to win that. And Vidjo vs. Spam. Well....Peach vs. Fox on that stage. I've won that match up, and that was because the Fox I was playing didn't play Campy. (He's a FAR better player than I am) However...what can Peach do against a campy Fox? Nothing...and on that stage? Well...she can camp herself. That was just campfest '07. The match ended up with a victory by %. Each of them had TWO STOCKS left. I can guarantee you, that if neither actually cared as much about winning, they'd have rushed in and made an attempt to get in the fray. It happens in Melee. You can defend it, but it happens. I'm just making you aware.

Edit: PC, you're right, xD. I was just bringing to his attention...that it has happened in Melee.
I see what you're saying. The point is that it happened rarely in Melee, and it happens all too often in Brawl. Those two matches you named are the only ones I've ever seen players camp like that. I see that kind of **** at every Brawl tourny I attend.

Last of matches like that aren't boring to watch because quite a few people were watching my matches and rooting for me to win.
I'm friends with Turbo, but so is just about everyone else from MD/VA haha I never spoke to you in person so No, I was not the person you're thinking of. I was told by a wolf player and a Kirby player of your playstyle. They mentioned that you beat Turbo too, but I never spoke to him about your match I don't think.

Ok, Atomsk told me otherwise, but w/e. My main issue is with you running the clock against that Kirby on Brinstar, which seriously should have been monitored. Camping should never be allowed at any tournament. It's not just you, many others do it as well. Sorry for singling you out, but you just happen to be a camper that beat many people you shouldn't have. I do understand you CPing Japes against Atomsk cause he's a scary DDD and he ***** Diddys like they're nothing.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
2. How is the gator not player driven, if all the accounts johning aobut it are dealing with a player forcing them into teh gator? also, there are gayer things on other legal stages.
Name one.

10wtfareyoutalkingabouts

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Have a stopwatch.

Announce every player has exactly 5 minutes to start their match the moment the last name is called.

Call your matches.

be a **** and DQ them, even if it is M2K.

If someone doesn't show up for pools, even if they'd just have to sit there and watch and wait for their match, give them a loss.

People will play their matches.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I see what you're saying. The point is that it happened rarely in Melee, and it happens all too often in Brawl. Those two matches you named are the only ones I've ever seen players camp like that. I see that kind of **** at every Brawl tourny I attend.

I'm friends with Turbo, but so is just about everyone else from MD/VA haha I never spoke to you in person so No, I was not the person you're thinking of. I was told by a wolf player and a Kirby player of your playstyle. They mentioned that you beat Turbo too, but I never spoke to him about your match I don't think.

Ok, Atomsk told me otherwise, but w/e. My main issue is with you running the clock against that Kirby on Brinstar, which seriously should have been monitored. Camping should never be allowed at any tournament. It's not just you, many others do it as well. Sorry for singling you out, but you just happen to be a camper that beat many people you shouldn't have. I do understand you CPing Japes against Atomsk cause he's a scary DDD and he ***** Diddys like they're nothing.
K9 was Kirby on Yoshi's Story and Diddy's banana game is bad there too. Then he cp'd norfair against me and I went G&W and not Diddy.

Also against the Kirby he was winning the entire match by stock and % until the last molment where the lava gave him slightly more damage than me allowing me to win over time. When Diddy's put pressure on he's forced to run away because if he dosn't he gets killed really quick. On a small stage like brinstar where bananas don't really help much at all against a flying character with a strong B air and F smash there wasn't much else I could do. I was seriously losing the entire match until the end.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I'll just lose then instead of camp. I guess theres nothing wrong with that. I guess Kirby just can't move around the stage a lot faster than diddy can and if he can possibly get a single b air off it gets followed with a f smash which kills diddy around 70% on that stage.

I'm sorry that your crew member or whatever lost. Get over it. I had to deal with you guys saying "You've got this gozno" "You've got this" 20 thousand times over and over.

B4 I played Gonzo I asked Inui about him and he said that he beat him with no trouble and that he sucked. He'll say that I'm better too. I'm in one of the Best states and I've been on the power rankings before. I just can't get on there by being a scrub.

Also thumbs I'd really like to know who in my pool hated me so much? Just about everyone in there but le thien, wes, and Chaos Marth was mediorce.
you're such a kid... wow

obviously Gonzo is my friend, so why not rooting for him.. everyone saying "you got this" all the time
Gonzo does get so mad like that lol but he's a really cool guy in real life, and he apologized to you after he threw his controller.

and you had to mention w/e Inui said about Gonzo sucks. how stupid of you.

im just saying that the way you camp in that match was boring...
i hope you get better without camping

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you're such a kid... wow

obviously Gonzo is my friend, so why not rooting for him.. everyone saying "you got this" all the time
Gonzo does get so mad like that lol but he's a really cool guy in real life, and he apologized to you.

and you had to mention w/e Inui said about Gonzo sucks. how nice of you

im just saying that the way you camp in that match was boring...
i hope you get better without camping
I talked to NEO after he ***** dapuffster

He said that all he did was banana roll and glide toss. xD

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
k so is the video of the cops and ppl protesting up? Rent a cops were called in because people who got ***** wanted their money back?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I talked to NEO after he ***** dapuffster

He said that all he did was banana roll and glide toss. xD
Neo, is the best Marth player. Marth Counters Diddy. >____>

Seriously, I did what I had to do to get the placing. Whine about it all you want its not going to change.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@thio

you may disagree, but i think walls and walkoffs on DP are worse.

just one guys opinion tho
I've been ***** due to walls / walkoffs on Delfino twice the entire time I've played this game, and I CP the stage on everybody. Once was a set with Pierce where he dtilted my ZSS into a wall for 80%, and the other was Sethlon doing some crazy boost-pivot grab **** yesterday to CG me to the walkoff.

Falco has an auto-win on most of the cast on JJ. Jiggs and MK are untouchable without planking on Norfair. PK2 is a stage that actually forces you to camp with some of its transformations.

You're trying to compare a stage that has a small chance of gaying you if you do something stupid vs. specific characters to one that a particular character has an autowin on. Please, think a bit before you post.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Was there a video taken of the cops? If so, I'd love to see that.
I dunno if there's any videos. But around 10:15 I called Vex's cell phone and in the background I could hear a lot of yelling going on.

lol
i didn't whine about it

it just the way you play is boring
That's fine with me. It doesn't matter if people are watching my games or not.

I'm done with the subject, you can think whatever you want and say I'm boring. I've heard that stuff already in Melee when I was Jigglypuff and I'll I did was up throw rest. The only reason why I'm not Jigglypuff in brawl is because shes bad.

There is no more reason to argue on this because there's nothing else to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom