• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
15 metaknights

Pro Singles
1: Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2: Atomsk (Dedede)
3: teh_spamerer (Meta Knight)
4: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
5: NinjaLink (Diddy Kong/R.O.B./Marth)
5: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
7: Malcom (Wario/Sonic)
7: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
9: ksizzle (Meta Knight)
9: dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
9: Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
9: Dire (Game and Watch)
13: Wes (Zero Suit Samus)
13: Lord Knight (Dedede/Meta Knight)
13: PRiDE (Yoshi)
13: Rookie (Fox)
17: Godot (Meta Knight)
17: Orion (Meta Knight/Falco)
17: Pierce7d (Marth)
17: Kai (Sonic)
17: Eazy (Marth/Toon Link)
17: Keitaro (Falco)
17: Shadow (Meta Knight)
17: bschung (Dedede)
25: EmuKiller (Meta Knight)
25: Turtle (Diddy Kong)
25: Umbra (Meta Knight)
25: DaiAndOh (Meta Knight)
25: Squall (Game and Watch)
25: Ether (Snake)
25: Jew2King (Meta Knight)
25: Bajisci (R.O.B.)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion

Correct... was the most boring thing in this toruney... every second match (maybe more) MKs -.-

Btw. i miss the stream :(

These were 2 very funny nights... I hope the next BIG tourney will come quick.

Then SP should do the commentator again (with Jtails -> RIG creator) and I will record the stream as well ^^

Gogo big tourney :D

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
crazy tounry overall!

even though this tourny had a weird ending...it was still worth being there....yall gotta give chibo some props for working his *** of for months to give this to us
anyways
good **** santi, ambrose, and andy G for beating me in singles
good **** samuripanda/jash for beating me in doubles

good **** against every snake i MM ditto'd and every1 i MM in general...which is alot of ppl haha
good **** ally for being the only snake to beat me....**** stinkin canadians....heh jk :-) yall are pretty chill
good **** castor for being the only wolf thats given me a run for my money with wolf dittos
this tourny just shows how much i dont know how to play against alot of characters haha...i need to step it up!!

Lobos

Smash Master
I agree, while Gonzo is my boy along with the rest of you sexy MD/VA peeps you don't pay money for nothing, doing anything and everything to win and place good is fine, its all business.
EE made sense for once :p ledge camping is gay but spacing and camping while ON STAGE is legit. Too bad ledge camping doesn't work vs TL lol chibo found that out :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Despite my being furious with how the tournament went (getting disqualified for getting something to eat immediately after my second match was finished, because it -just couldn't wait- was not fun at all), I got a lot of experience, met a lot of cool people, and have many stories to tell.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Lol at people getting angry at DK smash for defending our right to see the matches we paid for. Everything was done in a non-violent way, he should be commended for standing up against those greedy pieces of trash.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You pay to get a chance at the pot. Not to watch others play. That's just a bonus. You didn't even have to sign up for pools if all you wanted to do is watch the finals. Hell, if it wasn't for M2K not wanting to be recorded, I'd be watching from kilometers away. And the community present at the tourney is partly at fault too for how bad it went.

._."

B@sic Sausage

Smash Apprentice
i still dont get how pools work i thought first seeders faced 3rd seeders >_>? o wellz this tourny was pretty fun. BEST TOURNY BY FAR!!! seriously where else has anyone roited or marched anywhere for a game i def. want a copy of the documentary films those guyz made!!!!!!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Why the hell is anybody defending any behavior here? Everybody ****ed up!

If Chibo took too long making pools, we should have, collectively, stepped up and helped instead of playing doubles friendlies for six hours, instead of whining and waiting **** to happen. If we were displeased with the way **** was seeded, we should have said something then and had an actual legit dispute (I'm sorry people, but a lot of johns were bull****, almost every pool had a high number of good people in it). If Chibo was upset with the speed the tourney was going, he should have asked more people for help. Etc etc etc.

The thing is, though, should would could doesn't ****ing matter at this point. **** shoulda been done better all around. We now know two things:

- How TOs shouldn't do ****
- How people at tourneys shouldn't do ****

Defending, commending, all of that is bull****.

Honestly, the standard we're setting for North Atlantic by continuing this **** is astounding. How the hell do you expect people from MI, FL, Canada to come to ECRC events if this is the type of thing they're going to expect us to do?

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Okay. Everyone squandered But I played my matches as quick as possible, and didn't leave for food until I knew I wasn't gonna be playing for awhile, which I was why I was upset when we had to abruptly leave. All I'm saying is this could've easily been prevented. Also, an announcement should've been made when they realized how late this was going to start, yet it wasn't.

Let's all just try to not let this happen again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i still dont get how pools work i thought first seeders faced 3rd seeders >_>? o wellz this tourny was pretty fun. BEST TOURNY BY FAR!!! seriously where else has anyone roited or marched anywhere for a game i def. want a copy of the documentary films those guyz made!!!!!!
I look like you...somewhat.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
^ understatement.
As long as anyone doesn't have any problems with .com, .com's all good.
.com tried to do everything he possibly could to help, and has no voice to speak of.
.com wants to be in people's shout out lol.
i f you don't know who .com is, he was the one yelling.

.com has no **** idea why he's speaking about himself in the third person, but he likes it.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
.com was great at this tourny. he was doing all he could to call matches. good job there. dont worry dude, none of that crap that went on was your fault. and if u dont know who Gunblade is, then u should die....I mean he was the guy in the suit the first day of the tourny!!!!

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lolz, YO .com, good **** at the tourney man, teams was fun and thnx for helpin out :)

oh so u were the dude in the suit lol

and yes i want a copy of the documentary also!!!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
EE made sense for once :p ledge camping is gay but spacing and camping while ON STAGE is legit. Too bad ledge camping doesn't work vs TL lol chibo found that out :p
For some reason, Toon Link's Dair comes to mind...

If Chibo took too long making pools, we should have, collectively, stepped up and helped instead of playing doubles friendlies for six hours, instead of whining and waiting **** to happen.
This is one of the most sensible posts I've seen yet.

My personal experience and common sense tell me that the participants are just as important as the TO, if not more. I can easily see people wasting 6 hours without putting any effort into caring, and then blaming it on the TO.

...pools should be 2-stock at large tournaments, if time seems to be an issue.

As for the camping/planking debate...I actually don't care if someone employs it rarely in a matchup they have incredible difficulty in.

It's when a player is running the clock constantly every match, or every couple matches that they need to just gtfo and stop wasting time.

edit: hey it's Gonzo

I watched you lose a MM to Shadow's MK on livestream.

I was like ... MK ... :|

Gunblade789

Smash Ace

If Chibo took too long making pools, we should have, collectively, stepped up and helped instead of playing doubles friendlies for six hours, instead of whining and waiting **** to happen. If we were displeased with the way **** was seeded, we should have said something then and had an actual legit dispute (I'm sorry people, but a lot of johns were bull****, almost every pool had a high number of good people in it). If Chibo was upset with the speed the tourney was going, he should have asked more people for help. Etc etc etc.

The thing is, though, should would could doesn't ****ing matter at this point. **** shoulda been done better all around. We now know two things:

- How TOs shouldn't do ****
- How people at tourneys shouldn't do ****

Defending, commending, all of that is bull****.

Honestly, the standard we're setting for North Atlantic by continuing this **** is astounding. How the hell do you expect people from MI, FL, Canada to come to ECRC events if this is the type of thing they're going to expect us to do?
Im giving Thiocyanide a slice of pizza for this!!!!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I bet spamerer wasn't eating off the dollar menu the day after this tourney was over :)
How much money I spent on food:

Friday night I bought two Whopper Juniors with cheese from BK. I stole some soda from Keitaro.

Saturday morning I bought a large container of lemonade for $1.25 before coming to the tournament on Saturday. I ate a total of two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on Saturday that I brought with me from college and Italian wedding soup that Cactuar made for me <3.

Sunday morning I bought a half gallon of kiwi strawberry juice from Wawa for $1.79. I later ate two hot dogs for a total of ~$2.50. That was all ;_;.

Get *****

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So who was the REAL terrorist...Ally or Spam? Not gonna lie, I was scared Chibo's place was gonna go BOOM during those matches.

-!-

Smash Lord
Can't wait for Videos... Good **** at ChuDat for getting 7th in Singles... NinjaLinks set was too good, 0 to death in less then 10 seconds is too crazy!!! lol I wish the Crew was there to cheer for Chu ChuDat!!! hehehe

Lobos

Smash Master
Spamerer's food expense puts mine to shame

Sat - $10 on drexel burger from mickeys / $3 from wawa for a hotdog and drink
Sunday - $8 Pat's Philly chessesteak / $7 for crispy chicken + plus drink from this sandwich place

Also like $2 on sodas from the vending machine

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Can't wait for Videos... Good **** at ChuDat for getting 7th in Singles... NinjaLinks set was too good, 0 to death in less then 10 seconds is too crazy!!! lol I wish the Crew was there to cheer for Chu ChuDat!!! hehehe
So true, i want to see them now !:urg:

-!-

Smash Lord
I went through hell trying to comeback from work to see the end of Ally vs. Chu even running with a 5 gallon container to step inside my house, rush to my room and find out it was cut out >.< and then staying awake till like 3 or so listening to what was going on and to top it i Had a double shift at my work starting at like 7am O.O so i slept a few hrs and couldn't get my hands on a Monster :( ahhh if only there was Video I could of stayed till the end... but i know some had it worst, driving 10 hrs from the tourney with school stuff and project I heard... I'm gonna pass out in a bit but Damm I really want to see those Videos... Can't wait for GENESIS that's gonna be HUGE!!! Hope I can make it though :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Who did you lose to?
If the post you quoted is related to the post I quoted, I came in dead last at the "2/9 Dinner" tournament at my house, because I pre-registered, but showed up late.

If you're talking about CoT4, in Singles, I lost to NinjaLink and Judge. In Teams, we were disqualified for getting food after playing matches, when I went out of my way to play and eat immediately after. I shouldn't have to apologize for skipping breakfast to go to the tournament early and not having food in over at least a 24-hour period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom