• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ally 2nd huh? good stuff. I would of watched it in person, except that we got kicked out and had to to listen to it and not watch it in person, since we spent 6 hours on Saturday.... oh wait everyone knows this :p

thumbswayup

Smash Master
K9 was Kirby on Yoshi's Story and Diddy's banana game is bad there too. Then he cp'd norfair against me and I went G&W and not Diddy.

Also against the Kirby he was winning the entire match by stock and % until the last molment where the lava gave him slightly more damage than me allowing me to win over time. When Diddy's put pressure on he's forced to run away because if he dosn't he gets killed really quick. On a small stage like brinstar where bananas don't really help much at all against a flying character with a strong B air and F smash there wasn't much else I could do. I was seriously losing the entire match until the end.
I saw a good Diddy player around my level of skill beat a good Wario on Brinstar in pools. I've also heard of NL beating Metaknights there with Diddy. It's all about spacing, not running away.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Also, 1 more thing.

I'm sorry for saying that Inui said that Gonzo sucked. That was a low blow on my part.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Until the full results are reviled. The only ranking I know is the top 8 and myself. The rest of the rankings haven't been shown yet.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Evidently lain and anther gave them the win in their pool in order to make them get out of pools but it actually gave THEM first seed over lain and anther.
Screwing the people who earned their ****ing wins and actually gave anther/lain a good set and BEAT jman/hax out. What a punk *** ***** thing to do rofl, a pit and a fox had people that shook? Fkn *****igan.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It's a good thing lain didn't screw off enough to not make it out of pools this time!

judge!

Smash Ace
good/bad tourney was wayyy to slow to finish the brackets etc.... but it was nice to meet some of the top players. Also **** you spammer lmao made a fool of us MI players XD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The ends don't justify the means. And you still haven't responded to my earlier post about why you condone camping. It almost seems like you want to start an argument for no reason.
Both of you guys just stop arguing. Theres nothing else to talk about it and if you guys keep talking about it I won't be able to leave the forums knowing that there isn't going to be any other bad comments about me behind my back.

Cash Mooney

Smash Rookie
I personally talked to him and he told me himself that he used other characters. From the context clues, I surmise he barely used Bowser, but I'm just guessing at this point.
He didn't use bowser at all

OD on quit life vex

i may post shout outs soon before my new account gets banned

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's a good thing lain didn't screw off enough to not make it out of pools this time!
but he MM'd people he'd play in tournament and showed them how to play against ICs by doing so -_-;;

pockyD

Smash Legend
The ends don't justify the means. And you still haven't responded to my earlier post about why you condone camping. It almost seems like you want to start an argument for no reason.
I gave up on reading every post in the thread long ago, so sorry, I probably just didn't see it.

If it's as simple as that question, I "condone" it because when people are dropping hundreds of dollars to compete in a tournament, they should do everything within their power to win. They don't put down that kind of cash to play within your imaginary sandbox of rules; the tournament has its ruleset, and that's all that they are obligated to play by

Is it boring? Sure (to you and me anyway)... but they didn't enter the tournament to entertain you (unless you paid for his entry, in which case I'm sorry that he violated your implicit contract or whatever); they entered to play the game however they wanted within the confines of the official tournament ruleset.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Well, I got alot to say about these here events, but I'm just gonna hold my tongue, no need for me to say my opinion or how I feel as a Smash player looking at this. Good show to you all nevertheless, less johns please :laugh:.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Patience is a major factor in this game. Because it's slow paced compared to Melee, it's easier to avoid getting hit. Also, if you have more patience than your opponent, the chances of them leaving themselves open more often is usually higher. This game also rewards being defensive. This means people who play not to get hit will more than likely run out the clock taking less damage than their opponent.

I mean, that's just how it goes. Camping is a legitimate and very effective strategy to win in Brawl.

Stev

Smash Ace
I think PC said it best when he said how in melee, being very aggressive and super campy were both equally effective. The problem with brawl, is it's difficult to be very aggressive effectively except with certain characters, and that's what frustrates many melee players (or at least myself). That and it is much less cohesive with the removal of combos in the overall sense.

On another note, For those who continue to bash the TO (I dont see this as much now as i did last night), I tuned in to the feed after it went down, and I personally found that what Samurai Panda did with his commentary was absolutely amazing and it made the entire ending MUCH more dramatic. I personally can't stand watching brawl because it's too slow, but I'm telling ya, that tournament was epic, and it would never have happened if it ran the way so many people were bi+ching about. I think the 450+ viewers watching after midnight PST shows how much better (IMO) everything was by the way things ended up. I'm not suggesting that this is how things should go for future tournys, but quit the bashing... and thank you Samurai Panda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom